Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arceus & The Jewel of Life! (M12)

The movie was real good. Everything about it was good. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina working together to help and also Pichu and more. Best of the DP movies IMO.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I enjoyed this movie, even if I think time travel and the villain were boring. The action was great and all the attacks looked strong and beautiful. Also, Brock got like a minute of being awesome, that's like a big step for him. He saved Sheena and Damos, without them everything would have been ruined. Yes, Brock saved the day!
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Why is that?

Why doesn't Canada get the movies at the same time as the US?
    It hasn't aired here yet, but it sounds good.

Too bad about Canada though.
    In Canada, we get the movies the same time as you guys. Exact same release date like the US. The only thing is they don't air on TV. Movie 7 was the last movie to be aired on YTV, and a new one is airing this month. But we get the DVDs the same time as the US.

'Course, this movie had to premier shortly before dinnertime... Fortunately, my father wasn't here, so it wasn't too big of an issue

Alright, I've got an M4, a ton of lead, & a huge movie to make a BP summary about. Let's get going!

- We start off with the usual introduction of all the Pokemon movies, but this time, it follows with a brief lapse of Cynthia & Palmer fighting against each other.
    - I don't know about you, people, but I've never seen Newton & Zero in this opening at all...
    - We then go towards some place in the ancient times, in which Arceus gets barraged by a legion of Pokemon; he says that he has been betrayed, & is willing to settle the score...
    - Now we're back in the present day, with Ash & the gang arriving in Michina, or at least what some of you people call it, anyway... Still they bring out every-damn-body out, & they go to play inside the stream.
    - Oooo, watermelons!
    - Then, a couple of kids barge in & tell them they can't have them. Aw...
    - ...That is, unless they win against them in the Tag-Team War-Zone.
    - As the fight proceeds, we get treated with the intro music, which sounded strangely similar to the intro music in GB... Albeit a bit longer.
    - They end up winning, & they get their watermelons. Yay!!
    - Waaaaay back over in the deep confines of the universe, Arceus plots his vengeful return, but I'm noticing that his plates don't form a complete circle around him. He must be missing some of them, & how, I don't know... yet.
    - Back on Earth, the whole gang continue on with their fun, fun, silly willy times, when all of a sudden, a raging water tornado appears in the lake with the intention of sucking everyone in! AHHHH!!
    - Pikachu zaps it, & it disappears. Whew!
    - After this close shave, the gang gets introduced to a girl named Sheena, whom by her looks, she seems to be a prophetess or something...
    - She says that one time, a person with an Electric Creature would be destined to come here. Coincidence? I think so...
    - Then, the Water tornado is back with a vengeance! This one is much stronger, & was able to sweep away both Pikachu & Piplup! They're going to die!!
    - But... Dialga comes to save them. Wha?? I thought it was busy fighting Girantina!
    - Apparently, Sheena called it here, so something is up with her... Later on, we find out that she has the power to link the Pokemon's heart(s) with her own, by transcending both time & space.
    - Brock can't help but to show off his unending love for Sheena, but he's stopped by Croagunk, as it interrupted him by holding his arm in her place. Nice.
    - Then, right on cue, Girantina comes out to fight Dialga. Sheena tries to calm it down & explain the situation, but its berzerk rage prevents her from establishing a link to its heart.
    - Ash intervenes, & hey presto, Giratina remembers him! Sheena tries again, & succeeds in stopping this quarrel.
    - The two legendaries go back to where they came from, as they all head out to Michina Temple.
    - Turns out that this place used to be a wasteland, brought asunder by a meteor. This also brings the fact that Arceus stopped the meteor by itself, but it came at a cost, however.
    - Arceus then helped the people of Michina revitalize their land by giving them his Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, & Dragon Plates, & turning them into the Jewel of Life. That does explain the incomplete circle of plates earlier.
    - When the time came to return the jewel, they betrayed his trust, & nearly killed him, & thus will come seek bitter justice, once it recuperates.
    - Dammit, TR always has to eavesdrop at the darndest times.
    - It also just so happens that they still have the Jewel of Life on her person, so she'll be the one to return it.
    - ...& here comes Arceus, intent on bringing justice to them, but since she has the jewel, it approaches to take it.
    - There's just one problem:

The cake is a lie!!!

Arceus claims that the Jewel of Life is a part of him, & cannot be destroyed like he had done with the fake.
    - Arceus then proceeds to bring about utter justice to mankind, which is more like he's bringing about friggin' Armageddon.
    - Dialga & Girantina come & join forces to hold Arceus off, but with Multitype, Arceus can render their attacks useless...

%$@#!! I'm out!!!

*reloads his M4*
    - Palkia then joins the fray, & since it can control space, it's has a bit of an easier time holding Arceus out.
    - Ash & Pikachu (foolishly) intervenes with Thunderbolt, which actually did damage to Arceus! Is Ash really a mythical hero?!
    - No... it was the fact that Arceus was missing its Electric Plate, but it can still blast him away to kingdom come.
    - & of course, TR is here at the wrong place & time...
    - Speaking of time, Dialga comes up with the idea to take Sheena, Ash, & the rest of the gang back in time to stop Damos from keeping the Jewel of Life to himself. So... we take a trip back in time to when it all happens.
    - Problem is, it was the exact time in which Arceus was betrayed, so there's nothing they can do about it but watch. They do, however, get a glimpse of someone else who is seemingly pulling the strings from afar.
    - Since it's a little late for them to do anything,they get transported even further back, earlier this same day.
    - Back in the present day, Dialga is down & out from spending all of its energy, leaving all the work for the other two.
    - & TR is still running for their lives... The one thing I did notice is that there is a staff sticking out of Jessie's wardrobe, which happens to have the real deal. They could've ended this right now, but of course, they know nothing, & even if they did, their first instinct would be to yoink it & run, run, run!
    - Back in the past, the gang get surrounded by a force of both Pokemon & men, who are under the control of a guy named Marcus. In this force is a Heatran, which we finally get a glimpse of.
    - Marcus isn't too pleased on having unwanted guests from the future, especially those who want to change history. So, he uses Bronzong's Hypnosis to bring them into a stupor.
    - Come to think of it, since he has someone with Hypnosis, I'm thinking he's the one behind all of this...
    - Ash & the gang get thrown into a jail cell, whilst Pikachu & Piplup get thrown into another cell. In here, this is where we meet Damos.
    - Damos explains that he wanted to return the Jewel of life to Arceus, but Marcus over there claims that in doing so, it'll turn Michina back into an uninhabitable wasteland, & thus has thrown him into this prison cell until the time comes. I was right about Marcus being behind all of this after all!
    - Back with Pikachu & Piplup, they find a tiny little hole in the wall, & from it comes out the Jagged-Eared Pichu! I'm calling it jagged as I'm a logical person. Regardless, the two of them follow it out of the cell & into a kitchen.
    - Piplup sees a bowl full of berries, & comes out to get it. The other two try to stop him, but it's too late, as they've blown their cover. We then get treated to a scene in which Piplup gets his head stuck in a cup, & in which the "chef" panics & gets his head thwacked on a falling pan.
    - They free the two captive Pokemon, which just so happen to be a Cyndaquil & a Chikorita, & they join the hunt for the jail cell keys.
    - Meanwhile, we get treated to the scene in which Arceus stops the meteor from destroying the land, & having almost died, being given a second wind from Damos. Since he's earned its trust, Arceus helps him by creating the Jewel of Life off of those five aforementioned plates.
    - Arceus wants the jewel returned to him once they're done, so he sets the time in which a Lunar Eclipse comes out. Whyyyy does everything important to Earth's survival have to always happen during an eclipse of some kind??
    - It just so happens that this is the day of the Lunar Eclipse, which means that he must return the jewel immediately. But how is he going to get out??
    - That'll come, as the Pichu & (her) friends attempt to get the key. They just can't reach it, but along comes a Totodile, which helps them by shooting a stream of water at the key, thus shooting the key straight into their hands.
    - They go back in the tunnel, & into Damos' cell. They then take the key & unlock the cell door. Freedom!!! Oh, did I also mention that the Jagged-Eared Pichu is a friend of Damos? I did now.
    - In the meantime, Marcus had some plans with Sheena. Since she's from the future, he made her tell him what was going to happen in the near future, & thus devises a new plan to kill Arceus. We also find out that Sheena is the heir of Damos.
    - The eclipse cometh, & with it, Arceus. It comes expecting Damos with the Jewel of Life, but finds Sheema instead.
    - She opens up the staff, which is supposed to have the jewel, but it is empty instead. Marcus shows his true colors & begins the onslaught against Arceus. This time, however, he uses a little something called Silver Water. What it exactly is, I haven't a clue, but it does a better job of immobilizing Arceus.
    - Just then, the whole gang arrives, in which Damos help Sheema, whilst Ash gets to deal with Marcus.
    - It's a war for the ages as Pikachu & Piplup fight against Heatran & Bronzong! Some time later, Damos & Sheena join forces to stop the Pokemon fighting against Arceus, in which they do so using their power of Transcendence.
    - Upon doing so, they also stop the fight, but it also turns Heatran & Bronzong against him, since their burdens are broken. Technology sure has come a long way.
    - Ash attempts to pry the jewel out of Marcus' hands, & finally manages to do so, but unfortunately he drops it into a grove, in which it rolls into a hole.
    - The Cikorita manages to catch it in its leaf, & with Ash below it, catches it with his feet. He then orders Pikachu by his side, & drops it to him, which he catches handily.

Reloading! Reloading!

- Ash drops down to Pikachu's level, & makes like Altair across the series of wooden beams jutting out. Damn, he's more nimble than I thought...
    - After making back with the rest of the gang, Damos & Sheena try to calm Arceus down, but it has gone Bi-Polar, which is to be expected, so Ash heads on down with the Jewel of Life.
    - After getting to Arceus, he attempts to return the jewel to it, but the raging Silver Water is stopping him.
    - To add insult to injury, the whole future gang is now turning ethereal, as there is no reason for them to be here anymore...
    - Damos persists on trying to calm Arceus down, & at long last, manages to do so. Arceus manages to take back the Jewel of Life, with Ash's help, & is now back to full power.
    - As the whole gang goes back to being whole, Arceus save all of them from the disaster that's happening. Afterward, Arceus asks who saved him, & Ash stepped to the plate.
    - With Arceus' Forgiveness, the rest of the future gang head back to the present day. The problem? The changes hasn't been made.
    - Ash steps forward & tells it to stop, & once he does, the changes in history come into effect. Every little piece of destruction made has now been undone.
    - With their work done, the other three legendaries head off into their respective realms, as Arceus explains that by continuing their cultivation, the people of Michina kept this place as the lush paradise that it is now. That meant that Marcus' fears are just unfounded bouts of paranoia. It's a good thing that he fell down the wallowing depths of the temple, presumably dead.
    - & thus, the gang see their marking in history, which is brought upon them by Damos. A great ending for this movie.

Whew, that's all done. This movie is certainly one for the ages, & Arceus sure does know how to raise hell in spite of the horrible voice-acting. It was also nice to see a villain die for a change. It also got my bloodfrenzy haywired, but I've still got the latest anime episode to do a summary on. That can wait though...
    Last edited by Brumrha; 21st November 2009 at 3:42 PM.

I liked the movie, but I guess I was expecting Arceus to sound more...Darth Vader deep, but benevolent ruler type was really good too.

-The animation of course was fantastic.

-I loved the idea of a trilogy, nice way to wrap up the Sinnoh movies.

-I loved Piplup...during the silent moments like the battle, its facial expression were just hilarious. If only it could stay like that in the series.

-The Johto starters/Pichu felt really out of place here, I guess since HGSS won't be out until April or so, the advertising is months ahead, I guess it'll be the same for the upcoming episodes featuring Johto Pokemon

-I didn't fully understand, how could Sheena and her ancestor connect with Pokemon? I mean I know they could make them see their views, but how exactly?

-Team Rocket here was just unnecessary, since we had the Pikachu & Piplup feat. the Future Advertising Bunch, we didn't need them.

I wasn't expecting some Godly blasphemous Nintendo showdown of Goat and Dragon God things, and I was not let down.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

i think their hearts/mind reached out and they were connected. or something.
    and you are right about the johto starters, it was like they were randomly thrown in...\but i thought they were cute all the same.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Super Smash Bros. Melee's tier list says hi; it shows that Pichu doesn't deserve to be in this movie.
    So you must also say that Mewtwo doesn't deserve to be in a movie either? Honestly, what do Smash Bros. tier lists have to do with the anime at all? The reason Pichu was in here was because it is a cute, popular, HGSS promoting, easily marketable Pokemon. Exactly like another little yellow rat we all know and love.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    So you must also say that Mewtwo doesn't deserve to be in a movie either?
    That is also correct.

Honestly, what do Smash Bros. tier lists have to do with the anime at all? The reason Pichu was in here was because it is a cute, popular, HGSS promoting, easily marketable Pokemon. Exactly like another little yellow rat we all know and love.
    But it did a terrible performance in Melee, causing every Pokemon fan to hate the little thing, including me.

Excellent Movie. It was so great that I just had to see it the second time.

The opening double battle was nice. Although the little girls Beautifly needs to work on her Shadow Ball. Took some time to cast that darn thing.

This Shena person, in the beginning, she just comes up and calls Dialga? Dialga is a legendary, you can't just call upon an all mighty deity.... Well I guess in this case it was necessary. Her powers were a bit farfetched at first but later on I gave into it. On the other hand, her companion, Kevin, didn't do squat throughout the movie.

It was nice to see that they tied up the other 2 previous Sinnoh movies into this one. Great to see that Giratina still remembered Ash as well.

The back story on Arceus and Damos was interesting. I'm guessing that Arceus is the ruler over the whole world. Seeing how he scarified his life to save it.

Speaking of Arceus, his voice didn't match up well, I suspected more. His voice was more appealing when he's calm. Raged, not so much.

The battle between Arceus and the 3 Dragons was superb. I can see why Dialga went down first. Seems to take a lot of energy out of Dialga to space travel people around.

At first, I thought the Pokemon wearing the heavy armor was a fashion statement. Didn't know it was some kind of slavering clothing. Still, it was great to see the Johto starters, spiked-ear Pichu, and Heatran.

Team Rocket didn't do much in this movie....

The ending almost got me teared eye. Reminded me this one part in MD in-game story (sorry for mentioning it). I was expecting that Arceus would had reward Ash with something but I guess he didn't. Might create another epidemic. :P

All in all, the movie was great. Might see it again later in the re-runs.

9/10.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Okay, having just watched the movie, I thought I'd offer the random thoughts that came to mind while watching.
    ____
    How many times by now has there been a legend in some random town that Ash is sometimes connected to? It seems to happen every other movie. You'd think there'd be one legend out there that has something to do with someone other than Ash, but I guess we wouldn't get much of a movie out of that.
    ____
    The characters seem to like repeating any exposition they hear. Allow me to demonstrate:

"These worlds were created by a pokemon."
    "Created?"
    "By a pokemon?"

"It's in a different dimension."
    "Dimension?"

"She can't connect to the heart of anyone with rage."
    "Rage?"

"Arceus remains intent on bringing us all to justice."
    "Justice?"
    "Yes, justice. Why do you have to keep repeating everything right after I say it? Are you some kind of moron?"
    "Moron?"
    _____
    "Arceus, This is Jewel of Life!"
    "What!?"
    "I said: THIS IS THE JEWEL OF LIFE!"
    _____
    Dialga: Quickly, girl and the main characters, I'll teleport you away!
    Kevin: Hey, don't leave me here with all the mass destruction and chance of getting killed, you jerks!"
    ____
    Who'd have thought that all it took to defeat a physical god was a few thousand volts and a falling chandelier? Of course, that silver they used at one point could have fed the city for an entire year, but I guess when you're trying to kill the poke-god, price isn't an issue.
    ____
    Pikachu and Piplup in poke-jail... then they start breaking all the collars. Am I the only one who started thinking of Underworld 3?

"We can be slaves... or we can be... POKEMON!"
    ____
    Now, I know that this makes it sound like I disliked the movie. Far from it, but I am a bit of a film critic, so I notice these things. Still, the animation and artwork was very nice, the story was amusing, and they actually handled time travel relatively well. Sure, there's always the whole grandfather paradox, but they seem to have averted that by not having the effects of the changed timeline catch up with Arceus until after Ash and co return to the present. I'm sure I could poke holes in that if I tried, but I won't. It kept me amused, and that's all I asked of it.

Pokemon RPG: Welcome to Adia New members always welcome.

Oh My God. Who did the voice casting for the American version? Arceus' voice is HORRIBLE. Shouldn't the being that created the world sound deep and authoritative, not like a teenager with a sore throat?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie. But whoever thought that would be a good voice for Arceus??
    Last edited by Hejiru; 21st November 2009 at 1:07 PM.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Oh My God. Who did the voice casting for the American version? Arceus' voice is HORRIBLE. Shouldn't the being that created the world sound deep and authoritative, not like a teenager with a sore throat?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie. But whoever thought that would be a good voice for Arceus??
    That was like my only complaint about the movie. It would have been cool if James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman did his voice lol
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

This movie is the best of the 12 in the Pokemon series and is really the best movie I've seen this year. It is actually that good. The plot is quite interesting because you can't blame Marcus for what he is doing. He did not save Arceus nor did he give his word that the jewel would be returned; it makes perfect sense to him to keep it and make sure the town does not become a wasteland again. Not that Marcus isn't a villian. He is quite manipulative, and anyone who uses hypnosis to control others is despicable indeed. But his reason for keeping the jewel is one that others in the town feel is a good one (at least, the guard in front of Ash's cell gives that impression). It sets up a great moral in the movie: a strong person keeps his word, especially when he is shown compassion as Arceus does with Damos. And boy, is Damos a strong character! The voice actor for Yami Yugi is forever redeemed after this performance (what a difference it makes to go from saying "We must believe in the heart of the cards, Kaiba" to saying something kingly like "No, Arceus. You saved us."). Damos is the central character of the movie, and some people might not like that. But I thought it was okay.

Sheena and Ash are the secondary main characters, and I liked how Ash came out looking in this movie: relatively quiet, but still a hero who connects with Giratina and later Arceus even though he cannot "transcend the confines of space and time." Sheena can connect with the hearts of other polkemon, but she feels so much more judgemental and too sure of herself (maybe she's too logical, I guess? I'm not quite sure how to describe her). It isn't surprising Marcus was able to manipulate her as he did, without even needing to use hypnosis.

The most memorable quote was Ash telling Arceus as it sank in the silverwater that it couldn't die hating them. Not that it couldn't just die; it couldn't die hating them. Death is a part of life; we know it's going to happen. But how horrible would it be if someone died angry at a person he cared about for a reason that's false? And this goes the other way around. What if you die knowing the world has the wrong impression of you? Before Ash and company change the past, Damos is killed by Arceus (that's the implication) for betraying him; Damos is still under the control of Marcus' hypnosis. It is a terrible fate, and I thought it was great the movie addressed this.

Some Random Thoughts:
    Ash and Dawn have a double battle with Marcus, and it was a nice little surprise. We don't usually see "normal" meaningful Pokemon battles late in the movies, and it's inclusion was refreshing, especially since Ash and Dawn held their own in the battle. Pikachu, Piplup, and Pichu's tour of the castle was humorous and didn't take up so much time that it detracted from the movie's main plot. Damos' backstory with Arceus was also well-done. I'm not exactly sure what was the point of Team Rocket finding the jewel of life; history was changed, so their discovery became irrevelant. I'm also not sure why Arceus' death in the past meant that Ash and the gang would die as well. I would think they would just return to the future, but....
    I now know why Sudowoodo learned Hammer Arm: to give Brock a role in this movie.
    Last edited by wind21; 21st November 2009 at 7:16 PM.

I have to agree with Wind21. Movie 12 is so far my favorite Pokemon movie, tied with Movie 8. I never got the chance to watch the full premier on Cartoon Network where I live. I was lucky enough to watch it on Youtube. I like the fact that they go back in time to prevent Damos for betraying Arceus.

I really liked the extended theme song to “Battle Cry ~Stand Up~”. It's now my favorite dub song from the show. Anyway, Dan Green voicing Damos was pretty cool and all of the voices fit the characters very well. I've never been the type of person to go fully go in depth with a review so I'll just give an opinion or two.

I wish that Team Rocket would just stay out of a movie and this movie would have been better without them. They just took time out of more important events of the movie that I would have enjoyed such as the battling scenes in the past since they were so few in that part. At least they were kept to a minimum in this movie.

I'd also like to comment on them going into the past in general. I would've liked for the writers to show a little bit more of what civilization was like back then but I have no problem with how it was pulled off.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

yeah pretty good movie i loved the small Cynthia and Palmer cameo in the begining,Garchomp for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post

1. Am I the only one that liked Arceus' voice? It was better than making it completely generic (deep, mysterious etc) he actually sounded scary, somewhat wise, and awesome imo, only helped by the fact he has some awesome lines. I also loved how Arceus was portrayed as some kind god, since it's said he created the world and gave life to Damos' land.

Apparently, the voice of Arceus was Tim Werenko, it was his first role (normally he's a producer at DuArt) good on him, he did an excellent job for someone who isn't a voice actor.
    no i also love Arceus voice,at first i though it was Quinton Flynn using his Monju voice(monju is one of the ninja dropounts in the naruto fillers)
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

I was a little iffy about Arceus's voice at first, but I like it now. Sounds kinds like Regular Marik from the Yu-Gi-Oh! dub. (Arceus even said, "YOU FOOL!" Just like Marik!)

Instead of sounding like a supreme and powerful legendary, it sounds more like an annoyed legendary, IMO. And I like it. =)

Most of the CGI in this movie bothered me and seemed too realistic to fit with the 2-D images of everyone. This didn't really bother me in previous movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    - Arceus then proceeds to bring about utter justice to mankind, which is more like he's bringing about friggin' Armageddon.
    That's because it's supposed to be "Judgment", not "Justice", but the dub changed that.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I loved the movie. And I was very happy that they finally explained the events of the past two movies; all the loose ends tied up!

I don't see how the animation was bad. It had some nice visuals and beautiful artwork! I think it stayed true to the pokemon movies.

I HATED the american version of Arceus' voice! Terrible, terrible, terrible!
    Everyone else's voice didn't bother me though.

But the whole Damos/Sheena "I-can-connect-with-hearts-thing" was a little ridiculous.

I don't know about anyone else, but I liked that this movie seemed make connections with PMD Sky with the whole time travel thing. Very cool in my opinion.

EDIT: @Rex Kamex -- I LOVED the CGI in this movie. I don't feel like it looked too out of place at all with the 2D. *shrug* I find it nice to see some more complex art in these movies - *totalartnerd* XD
    Last edited by shatteredrose; 21st November 2009 at 5:51 PM.

I thought the movie had a good plot with many surprises. For example:

Spoiler:- SPOILER ALERT (for those who haven't seen the movie yet):

As for the ending credits (I could make out a few things, even with that Ben 10 music video taking up half the screen -- WTF):

Spoiler:- May contain spoilers...:

I'll definitely be watching it again tomorrow at 5pm...

DeviantART Studio Jupiter (TBA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Just watched it, thought it was ace on all accounts!

Didn't like how they sidestepped the Origin Myth and made Arceus a simple world-maker and not, like, the one who made their whole universe, though.

I guess it was done to avoid religious offence, but still it was unneeded.

Hope Ho-Oh gets its deserved shining film [and doesn't simply share it with Lugia, whose role should be more minor] come the 13th movie.
    Two more titbit thoughts about the movie:

- At first Arceus' voice irked me, he sounded like a whiny teen [when angry], but by the end it'd all grown on me. It was kinda nice to be surprised and not have a typical deep, old, bellowing voice for a God for once [still annoyed they sidestepped the Origin Myth, as quoted, though].

- Was I the only one who immediately connected Sheena's 'connecting hearts' ability with Rui [from Pokemon Colosseum]?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Gamer View Post
    That was like my only complaint about the movie. It would have been cool if James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman did his voice lol

Or Keith David who voiced Goliath on "The Gargoyles" I kept thinking that he would've been a good choice.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    - With their work done, the other three legendaries head off into their respective realms, as Arceus explains that by continuing their cultivation, the people of Michina kept this place as the lush paradise that it is now. That meant that Marcus' fears are just unfounded bouts of paranoia. It's a good thing that he fell down the wallowing depths of the temple, presumably dead.
    - & thus, the gang see their marking in history, which is brought upon them by Damos. A great ending for this movie.

Whew, that's all done. This movie is certainly one for the ages, & Arceus sure does know how to raise hell in spite of the horrible voice-acting. It was also nice to see a villain die for a change. It also got my bloodfrenzy haywired, but I've still got the latest anime episode to do a summary on. That can wait though...
    No, he lives. Watch the end credits. You'll see him helping to do some cultivating. He gets his just deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    I was a little iffy about Arceus's voice at first, but I like it now. Sounds kinds like Regular Marik from the Yu-Gi-Oh! dub. (Arceus even said, "YOU FOOL!" Just like Marik!)

Instead of sounding like a supreme and powerful legendary, it sounds more like an annoyed legendary, IMO. And I like it. =)
    Everyone kept saying that in the trailers he sounds like Starscream. So I just went with that. And it suits him... sort of.

That's because it's supposed to be "Judgment", not "Justice", but the dub changed that.
    Most fans would be observant to more be confused with why it's "Justice" and not "Judgment". Or at least those who know of Arceus attack list.

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

My 2nd favortie pokemon movie of all time under Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. The human characters were much more memorable than the previous 2 to me. Plus I always love to see the expert amimation in the newer movies.

Yeah a lot of people seem to have problems with Arceus's voice. It's not what i expected him to sound like(so happy he can talk though!!), but i do like it.

I wish Shaymin and Darkrai had played more of a part, but it was still good to see them at the end.

And idk if it has already been confirmed, but I think Judgement is the thousand arms mentioned in the pokedex.
    Last edited by pokedexfiller; 21st November 2009 at 8:48 PM.
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

I LOVED this movie. It was awesome on so many levels. It was a great way to end the DP Trilogy. Arceus's voice seemed to be really good, and actually kind of fit it.

10/10
    Best Pokémon movie ever!!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    The most memorable quote was Ash telling Arceus as it sank in the silverwater that it couldn't die hating them. Not that it couldn't just die; it couldn't die hating them. Death is a part of life; we know it's going to happen. But how horrible would it be if someone died angry at a person he cared about for a reason that's false? And this goes the other way around. What if you die knowing the world has the wrong impression of you? Before Ash and company change the past, Damos is killed by Arceus (that's the implication) for betraying him; Damos is still under the control of Marcus' hypnosis. It is a terrible fate, and I thought it was great the movie addressed this.
    Omg!! Thank you so much for mentioning this! XD I didn't think anyone else would understand the impactful meaning behind Ash's words there! I was seriously impressed with that when I heard it and I almost teared up as soon as he said them. Its like wow! DEEP.
    by pichus_paradise

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast