Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Arceus & The Jewel of Life! (M12)

Did Marcus almost say a curse word on the movie. Her is what he said, "What the f---'

Guys i ask you now from what i can gather from the movie i only saw it when it was shown in australia but dosent it go dialga falls then giratina and finally palkia or giratina and palkia at the same time.

Does anyone know exactly WHEN is this coming out on DVD?? It's been a year since the TV release, and the new year is almost over already in two months.
    My 3DS Friend Code #: Angel Skye - 0533-5949-4272
    if you want to ad me please PM me with your own Friend Code so I may ad you to my own 3DS. Plus can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are showing up when you visit my Friend Safari zone in your game.

This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

Okay, so I finally got my hands on the DVD release of this movie. Had to go through Amazon to get it, as my local Wal-Mart didn't have it.

So, when I did get it, I noticed something; it seems Viz went back to distributing the movies. Why does this matter? Movies 8, 9, and 10 were all Viz... until 11 which was in fact Universal. So, my guess is, that the reason it took so long was because TPCI was trying to the distributing rights back to Viz, or something like that, and it took a little over a year to get it to happen.

I'm hoping this means we'll get compensation and have movie 13 released this year sometime as well. I'd be happy with a Summer release, mind you.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I too got my DVD copy of this (as of today) also through Amazon, although I couldn't get it anywhere else since I'm in UK. Anway just finished watching it and its great to have it in my collection! Next Pokemon Galactic Battles and Sinnoh League Victors along with Movie 13!
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

This movie is tied for my #1 fav. movie. It was great having my favorite Pokemon Arceus featured in it. It was great to have Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga back in this movie. It was cool how they showed how the Plates work for Arceus to keep changing its type. It was cool that Giratina remembered Ash. It was cool to see a Heatran in this movie. It was cool how Ash and the gang went back in time to fix the problems and save Arceus from the surprising bad guy (not really surprising).

99/100

This movie was a little confusing but the best ever!!! Although I didn't think Arceus would speak in the tone of voice he did talk in!

This movie gets 10/10 from me!!

Plus the music at the begining was awesome (when Ash and Dawn battle in a tag battle).
    It was good to hear how the galactic battles music sounded like after a while. (I love the Galactic battles tune)
    Last edited by Arcanine724; 8th May 2011 at 3:12 PM.
    ~ My 3DS Friend Code is 3523 - 2969 - 5609 ~
    ~ PM me if you wanna add me ~

~ PLAYING PLATINUM AGAIN LIKE A BOSS!!! ~

Loved the movie!

PROS
    Arceus was awesome as a Antagonist of the Present before Ash went back in time to fix his anger
    Ash and friends going back in time
    Ash and friends nearly died from Time Paradox it was so dramatic
    Awesome Movie soundtrack
    pretty good story
    nice japanese ending song

CONS
    The ear bleeding music after the title screen played in the dub before Ash & Co went swimming (What the hell TPIC)
    The battle of the gods should of extended!
    I think "Judgment" would of made more sense instead of "Justice" in the dub.

Overall: 8/10

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

What bothered me was that Arceus was portrayed quite weak. I mean, he got damaged by Pikachu's thunderbolt! And you'd think the most powerful pokemon ever would be able to break through silver water(that concrete-like thing). Heck, even a Machoke could've got out of that one. Oh and that guy with Sheena, did absolutely nothing throughout the movie.

But overall, i liked the movie, and the three movies being connected was great!
    Last edited by ~-Overheat-~; 7th June 2011 at 6:07 PM.
    Formerly, Chariking

I must agree with Overheat. Arceus was too weak in this movie.

I loved it!!!!! The only bad thing about the movie was Arceus voice. When I heard it, I was like 0.o

Out of all the Pokemon villains Marcus seemed to have a good point, by destroying Arceus none of the events of the previous movies would have ever happend. I think that would have changed the future for the better.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

If Arceus was destroyed, shouldn't Marcus have been destroyed also and indeed the entire pokemon world? How would killing Arceus made the world a better place, Marbi-Z? It would have destroyed it. Arceus is essentially God in the pokemon world and destroying it would basically destroy all matter in the pokemon universe.

I also agree with Overheat about Arceus being portrayed as weak. As the Alpha Pokemon, he should be much stronger than even Mewtwo and know everything such as that in the present about not all humans being bad, etc.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 5th September 2011 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    If Arceus was destroyed, shouldn't Marcus have been destroyed also and indeed the entire pokemon world? How would killing Arceus made the world a better place, Marbi-Z? It would have destroyed it. Arceus is essentially God in the pokemon world and destroying it would basically destroy all matter in the pokemon universe.
    No, it wouldn't.

Yet another of the countless cases of people giving attributes to Arceus he doesn't have. He's a watchmaker, creator god, not the life force of the universe. Can you give me a game-related line of dialogue or a pokedex entry saying otherwise?

As for being weak...? He trolled the three dragons, takes the crown of being the first Pokemon confirmed to be able to level small towns in a single attack, and woke to take revenge after being numbed to death by scores of ice beams and buried under concrete. I'd say they made him simply damageable.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

This is my 2nd favourite movie for one reason: it had a great storyline

Although i found it really sad when pikachu died for a short moment
    and piplup hugging dawn was adorable
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post

Its joint Second for me, this and movie 13 are my Second Favourite movies of the series, followed by movie 12, then 10. First goes to the 1st movie though. But yeah, this movie was awesome, from the Ash and Dawn double battle, to the Credits! Twas great.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post

Pikachu dying for a moment was sad? It was the best few minutes of my life!

My ideal battle ever!

I think Cartoon Network should air this every year during Easter weekend. It basically has a version of God as a main character, just like in The Ten Commandments which airs on ABC every year on Easter weekend.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    This movie is tied for my #1 fav. movie. It was great having my favorite Pokemon Arceus featured in it. It was great to have Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga back in this movie. It was cool how they showed how the Plates work for Arceus to keep changing its type. It was cool that Giratina remembered Ash. It was cool to see a Heatran in this movie. It was cool how Ash and the gang went back in time to fix the problems and save Arceus from the surprising bad guy (not really surprising).

99/100
    I found it not to be that good actually, but its more a personal thing as I didn't really like the DP-Trilogy.

I don't know why, but I do guess that it was a good ending to the trilogy, but I still found the characters to be uninteresting to be quite honest. Marcus was one of the most boring and badly designed 'villains' I've ever seen, and I didn't like the timetravelling at all...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

After watching this movie in Japanese and late at night...I've gained a sort of respect for it that I didn't have before.

I used to be terribly annoyied at the completely unexplained time-travel, or at least, it made no sense how it came out.

Now however, I realize it DID make sense...its just kinda stupid. None the less, a stupid reason is better then no reason.

(Appearantly, in the pokemon world, if you change history, it takes it like... a while to relaspe on itself. Yeah. At first I was VERY pissed at the fact that Ash had to call to Arcues before everything reset, I thought it contradicted everything...but no, no it didn't contradict anything in story. That's appearantly how time works in this world. XD

You have to give the world a second to respond...XD;
    While its obviously just there for added drama, its not that bad.

And the ending was beautiful. :3...(It's a Beautiful world would of fit so much better here then in Giritina and the sky warrior.) D:<

See? Arcues isn't a god, just a really powerful pokemon. He created this place that he thought he had control over...but in atcually he's just a part of it himself. Kind of a sweet character developement, albeit a little under developed...But sweet and nice nonetheless.

But most Importantly they answered a question (Or I at least think they did. xD) thats been poking at us if you count the anime as canon -3-...

Not my favorite movie, but Arcues's fights with the dragons were pretty darn epic (I lol'd at the only thing they were able to do to stop arcues was have Palkia abuse a "non" move. XD), The developement was kinda cool, and the legends overall were the highlight of the Movie.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I remembered I haven't reviewed the last few movies, so I'm going to catch up.

I really enjoyed this movie a lot, it makes my top five along with Mewtwo Strikes Back, Pokemon 2000, 4Ever, and Mystery of Mew. The time travel thing may be done to death, but I still enjoyed the story anyway. The most interesting part about seeing the past was how owned pokemon used to be handled. It's also interesting that the time trip didn't change Arceus until *after* the twerps returned to the present. The part where the twerps start to disappear was scary, but otherwise I enjoyed the movie.

8.5/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I think they made Arceus a little too weak without his plates. Like he actually seemed fazed by Pikachu's Thunderbolt, I mean like come on, it's like a god.

In my opinion, this movie had the best plot line out of all the movies. I wasn't expecting     Spoiler:- spoiler alert:
    which i thought was an interesting twist. It wasn't a predictable movie either.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

This movie became my most favorite and come to think of it, I wonder what would happen if Cyrus found out about the Michina Town incident and decides to use Arceus' power to create a new universe. Aside from this, I have a theory on why it took Arceus longer to remember Ash is that the near death experience was traumatic and possibly gave him nightmares while he was in a deep sleep.

This was an okay movie. I didn't like the beginning, but it got a bit better as the film went on. I say "bit" because while it did somewhat tie everything up as the trilogy, I do wish they gave more hints in the previous movies. Because I swear that Sheena and what's-his-face basically showed up out of nowhere and proclaimed they were always there from the beginning. What are they, the Rainbow Faces of Land Before Time? Seriously, I do not remember seeing them in the previous two movies even in the credits. (But I'll be very happy to be proven wrong since my memory's not the best in the world.) Of course, big surprise, they turn out to be pretty bland characters. Damos at least had an attempt, I'll give them that (and it's not just because he was played by Dan Green). Marcus was just a dumb villain. His motive wasn't that great, though I read on TV Tropes that he is much worse in the manga. I hope that's true.

Another complaint is Arceus' voice. Oh God, does that voice sound awkward coming out of him. I don't know what the original sounds like, but I hear it perfectly fits the character. This sounded like he had a sore throat that he tried to cover up with his rage (which wasn't too bad, but I have to question the guy's voice acting skills). It got a bit tolerable by the end, but I'm never going to get that voice out of my head, as terrible as it sounds.

Also, I think Sheena's pretty stupid. Yeah, okay, she didn't really know Marcus' true intent, but she had to spill the beans about everything, and then when he hands her the scepter, she doesn't bother checking up on it to make sure it was the real one--and if she had checked up on it, she wouldn't have been tricked to be empty-handed upon approaching Arceus. Guess she's not such a bland character after all since she has a God-mode power that was never alluded to anywhere else and yet is stupid. Also, she looks stupid with her bushy eyebrows. Really, designers? That was what they went with? Eww...

Is it just me, or was Ash's only heroic moment this whole trilogy climbing Space-Time Tower to play Oración? He was more daring in this movie than he was in Sky Warrior, but it still wasn't much.

And though I knew everything would be back to normal, I find it ballsy that the writers had it the script "almost kill Ash and friends". Sure, they were in perilous situations before, but here they almost died. Erased out of existence. I wish this happened more in these movies, I swear they've become afraid to really kill off characters. Really, from movie ten to thirteen you have Disney deaths. Just kill someone off already, preferably the villain, sheesh.

So yeah, nothing too spectacular. It's more entertaining than Sky Warrior for sure (at least none of the characters are annoying like the bitchy Shaymin), but Rise of Darkrai has more of an emotional impact and memorable characters--particularly Darkrai. Music-wise, I'm not sure which is best, but "Oración" is the most memorable moment for me in all three movies. Helps it was visually beautiful. I wish it made a comeback in some form or another.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast