Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Can you get a pokemon traded that is only in national dex, while you don't have a National Dex? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkaar View Post
    Can you get a pokemon traded that is only in national dex, while you don't have a National Dex? Thanks.
    Yes. The only thing is that it'll show ??? as Dex Number for that Pokémon.

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

Quote Originally Posted by Esmerry View Post
    If you mean fossil Pokémon, nope, you aren't. You can find them in the Underground.
    Actually, pre-National Dex, in either D/P/Pt, you're limited to one of the two Sinnoh Fossils. In DP, I believe Sheildon is only Pearl, while Cranidos is only Diamond.

As for Platinum, it depends on your I'd. If your I'd number ends in an odd number, I think its Sheildon, but if it ends in an even number, it is Cranidos.

But on all 3 games, once you get the National Dex, all Fossils are unlocked.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Esmerry View Post
    If you mean fossil Pokémon, nope, you aren't. You can find them in the Underground.
    Still don't get the underground thing. Don't get that spiritomb either, I used that key and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulz View Post
    Still don't get the underground thing. Don't get that spiritomb either, I used that key and nothing happens.
    Spiritomb has one of the worst gimmicks to get in all of Pokemon. First, you need to set the Odd Keystone on Route 209. Then, you have to go into the Underground and talk to 32 people. Easiest way to do this is get two DSs, and two Diamond, Pearl, Platinum carts able to go underground. Talk to the mule guy, then go into your secret base and try to decorate. Leave your base and talk to him again. Repeat unil you have talked to them 32 times. Worst part is that you can't skip the decorate part, as it doesn't count unless its a) a physically different avatar or b) one of you "leaves" the Underground. Do all this, then talk to the Keystone to fight Spiritomb.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

Leaving and re-entering the underground might be quicker than entering your secret base and exiting. Either one works though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulz View Post
    they helped you in spirtomb and you get fossils by getting the explore kit which you get from the elder man next to the pokemon center in eterna and you use it and you enter the underground in which you dig where there are glitters in the wall the aboce on the top screen can help you and eventually while your digging for spheres fossils will be there but it may take a short time for them to show up but youll know its on ewhne you see it
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

Okay, I also have a question :

I know you are able to clone pokémon in diamond/pearl using wifi. But does this work also in platinum/HG/SS?
    Friend Codes

HG: 0475 0465 1371
    Pearl: ___
    Diamond: _____
    Platinum: ______

Quote Originally Posted by Mythical Arrow View Post
    Okay, I also have a question :

I know you are able to clone pokémon in diamond/pearl using wifi. But does this work also in platinum/HG/SS?
    They made it impossible in Platinum, and since they used Platinum as the base for HeartGold and Soul Silver, I expect that it's not going to Work in Johto.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    They made it impossible in Platinum, and since they used Platinum as the base for HeartGold and Soul Silver, I expect that it's not going to Work in Johto.
    I thought some people have still done it, it was just a little more difficult than D/P.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If I were to use a Pokémon with Run Away and encountered something with Arena Trap, would I be able to escape?

Quote Originally Posted by pink skitty View Post
    If I were to use a Pokémon with Run Away and encountered something with Arena Trap, would I be able to escape?
    yes you would, it only prevents you from running away from trainer battles, and for whatever reason, it doesnt work in the battle pyramid in emerald either

Exclamation

So my brother borrowed an Action Replay from his friend and used it on his pokemon platinum. He used a code that gives the national dex, then used a code to give him the flower for Shaymin, then used a code to erase the national dex that the previous code gave him so oak could give him the regular national dex. After all of this his wi-fi stopped working properly. I've taken a look around and he can still connect to the wi-fi plaza and the battle records in the world trade center, but he cannot trade pokemon in the trade center or between games at all. He also can't participate in digging up treasures in the underground.

We've got the WEP connected and it works fine on both my games and his other games. It was working before, but now it won't.

If this is not the correct place for this question if you wouldn't mind directing me to the place where it's appropriate. Not sure if this would be a matter for nintendo either. Thought I would see if anyone has experienced an issue like this before. Thanks.
    Proud Non-cloner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatuff View Post
    So my brother borrowed an Action Replay from his friend and used it on his pokemon platinum. He used a code that gives the national dex, then used a code to give him the flower for Shaymin, then used a code to erase the national dex that the previous code gave him so oak could give him the regular national dex. After all of this his wi-fi stopped working properly. I've taken a look around and he can still connect to the wi-fi plaza and the battle records in the world trade center, but he cannot trade pokemon in the trade center or between games at all. He also can't participate in digging up treasures in the underground.

We've got the WEP connected and it works fine on both my games and his other games. It was working before, but now it won't.

If this is not the correct place for this question if you wouldn't mind directing me to the place where it's appropriate. Not sure if this would be a matter for nintendo either. Thought I would see if anyone has experienced an issue like this before. Thanks.
    The best option would be to restart the game to clear off any AR changes. Other than that, I think thats it.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

i am trying to get a growlithe in diamond and supposably i can catch in in route 201 if i have fire red in the GBA slot . I have done 20 battles in 201 and have been unable to find it. is there some sort of trick i have to use to make diamond recognise i have fire red in GBA slot? (i havent finished the pokemon leuge either so if you have to have done that please tell me)

(sorry if this has been asked before but i dont want to sift through 80 pages of help questions looking for it)
    Last edited by minrat; 1st May 2010 at 7:05 AM.

How exactly do the Munchlax honey trees work? I know one only has a 1% of getting a munchlax, but is it in every tree or just some trees as I've been hearing lately? Is there a way to know which trees?
    Starting Platinum

plat FC: 3610 3875 0118/name:Meph
    Diamond FC: 0430 9260 1387/name:MePh

Sorry about triple post. I hate my inet -_-
    Last edited by MePhiZToPheLeS; 1st May 2010 at 8:59 AM.
    Starting Platinum

plat FC: 3610 3875 0118/name:Meph
    Diamond FC: 0430 9260 1387/name:MePh

Quote Originally Posted by minrat View Post
    i am trying to get a growlithe in diamond and supposably i can catch in in route 201 if i have fire red in the GBA slot . I have done 20 battles in 201 and have been unable to find it. is there some sort of trick i have to use to make diamond recognise i have fire red in GBA slot? (i havent finished the pokemon leuge either so if you have to have done that please tell me)

(sorry if this has been asked before but i dont want to sift through 80 pages of help questions looking for it)
    You have to defeat the Elite Four before you can get a Growlithe, because Growlithe isn't in the Sinnoh Pokedex.
    The only way to get one before the E4 is trading.

Quote Originally Posted by MePhiZToPheLeS View Post
    How exactly do the Munchlax honey trees work? I know one only has a 1% of getting a munchlax, but is it in every tree or just some trees as I've been hearing lately? Is there a way to know which trees?
    Only 4 trees depending on your SID.

You can find the different trees on Psypokes if I remember correctly.

I am trying to get a powerful Magnezone with good IV's and a good nature. But since I can't breed Magnemite, how do I get a Magnemite with good IV's etc. ?
    Proud owner of a modest alamos Darkraii!! (thanks to Daark)

I need:

proud owner of a shiny

Click here to feed me a meaty chunk! <-- Please click
    Get your own at Dinomon!

^ Breed with a Ditto.

But I read in a book that Magnemite can't breed. Ah well, I'll give it a try anyways, thanks for the help!
    Proud owner of a modest alamos Darkraii!! (thanks to Daark)

I need:

proud owner of a shiny

Click here to feed me a meaty chunk! <-- Please click
    Get your own at Dinomon!

^ That was most likely a game guide. They are generally badly written and full of rubbish, tbh. I assure you, Magnemite can Ditto can breed.

I already reached 999:59 hours on my Platinum card and, reaching it, the time counter stopped. Is this common?
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Quote Originally Posted by DuquĘ? View Post
    I already reached 999:59 hours on my Platinum card and, reaching it, the time counter stopped. Is this common?
    Yes, the clock won't go any further then 999:59.

Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast