Page 139 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how on earth does Hippowdon learn Thunder Fang? It says on the serebii Pokedex that it learns it at level 1, but of course you can't obtain a level 1 Hippowdon. I really want to teach mine to use it but I am so confused.

Thanks if you can help!
    Pokemon Y FC: 2895 - 8893 - 2283

Currently just trying to fill up my Pokedex! Looking for basically anything.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiandragon View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how on earth does Hippowdon learn Thunder Fang? It says on the serebii Pokedex that it learns it at level 1, but of course you can't obtain a level 1 Hippowdon. I really want to teach mine to use it but I am so confused.

Thanks if you can help!
    You need to use the move relearner in Pastoria City to teach Hippowdon Thunder Fang.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Thanks if you can help!
    Some Pokémon have "hidden" moves, you just need to find the move Relearner in Pastoria and it will learn it, assuming you've got the Scales to pay for it. The our dex copies the game database which places it at Lv 1 so the game can show you the move when you reach the relearner.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I bought a cartridge 2nd hand off Ebay, and it has some very clearly hacked event Pokemon on it (Arceus, Darkrai and Shaymin, all OT bob and caught at Route 201). However it also has some useful items (red shards!) I'd like to trade over to my other games before I delete the save file to start my own.

Is this safe, as long as I don't trade the hacked pokemon onto my other games? Or should I avoid linking with it altogether? Also, will deleting the saved game erased all the...hackiness...completely? The previous save file doesn't seem to have hacked these Pokemon himself, only traded them, seeing as 'bob' is in his Pal Pad...
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

The good news is that Hacks won't do damage to your game. You can get items from the games.

The bad news is that the hacks themselves will prevent whichever game cartridge it's on to be entered in official completions, especially ones with trips to places like Hawaii.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I've just started up platinum once again, and I started wondering about whether to use a full team of 6 pokemon, each having learned an HM that could be a waste of a move slot, or use 5 pokemon and an HM slave with some of the most useless HMs in the game (eg, cut, defog, rock smash, etc).

What do you guys think? I'm kind of stuck.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2895 - 8893 - 2283

Currently just trying to fill up my Pokedex! Looking for basically anything.

I've just started up platinum once again, and I started wondering about whether to use a full team of 6 pokemon, each having learned an HM that could be a waste of a move slot, or use 5 pokemon and an HM slave with some of the most useless HMs in the game (eg, cut, defog, rock smash, etc).

What do you guys think? I'm kind of stuck.
    For run-throughs I like using HM slaves. For challenges (like Nuzlocke) I prefer to spread the pain around.
    In the end, its a matter of personal preference.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

This is a bit of a complicated question. Just a few minutes ago, I got a Japanese Pokemon Emerald. Comparing it to me English Emerald, it looks real. I just tried trading Pokemon from there into Ruby, which was a sucess. Ok, here's me complicated question:

If I were to trade a Japanese Pokemon from the Japanese Emerald into my English Ruby, then transfer the Japanese Pokemon into my English Diamond through Pal Park, would it still be considered Japanese being able to be used with the Masuda Method or would it be considered English because it came from an English game?
    Currently Playing: Leaf Green
        Spoiler:- Party:

Quote Originally Posted by G.M.M. View Post
    This is a bit of a complicated question. Just a few minutes ago, I got a Japanese Pokemon Emerald. Comparing it to me English Emerald, it looks real. I just tried trading Pokemon from there into Ruby, which was a sucess. Ok, here's me complicated question:

If I were to trade a Japanese Pokemon from the Japanese Emerald into my English Ruby, then transfer the Japanese Pokemon into my English Diamond through Pal Park, would it still be considered Japanese being able to be used with the Masuda Method or would it be considered English because it came from an English game?
    Probably Japanese since it keeps nicknames

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Probably Japanese since it keeps nicknames
    Alright, thanks! Time for me to get some dittos >:D
    Last edited by G.M.M.; 15th June 2012 at 4:15 PM. Reason: Smilies were in affect

Hello everyone. I just bred my Lucario on my Platinum game to get a Riolu. Its timid nature, and has Pokerus, but I'm not sure how to train it. I want to raise its special attack and speed via EV training, but would it be too early to start now? Should I just level it up and wait until a little later?

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Hello everyone. I just bred my Lucario on my Platinum game to get a Riolu. Its timid nature, and has Pokerus, but I'm not sure how to train it. I want to raise its special attack and speed via EV training, but would it be too early to start now? Should I just level it up and wait until a little later?
    It's never too early to start EV Training. I usually start right after the egg hatches. If you think it might get K.O.'d a lot though because of it's level, you can always use an EXP. Share.

Hello~ !! I apologize in advance If this is not the right place to ask this but I was wondering If Shiny Flower Paradise Shaymin is possible to be found via soft resetting~ ? o ^ o Since Shaymin is an event unlocked Pokemon I simply wanted to make sure it was indeed possible to meet it as a shiny before soft resetting any further~ :3 Thank you to anyone who helps me~ !!
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 4441 8886 4682

Pokemon Black
    FC: 1506 5124 3911

Do not trade me hacks or unlegit Pokemons I will not accept them only trade with me If you are certain that the mon you are trading me is legit

Most of my trades will be done via PM~ !! Each single one of my Pokemons are purely legits. None of them are hacked If I somehow trade a hack to you I will make a trade-back /RIGHT/ away~ Most of my rare Pokemons have been either received by myself or obtained through trades on here which I've always made sure of their legitimacy first hand. Some may be cloned however. I do not mind receiving clones myself unless they are Pokecheck clones with a "Premier" ribbon I consider those to be unlegit~ Thank you very much for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Curvee View Post
    Hello~ !! I apologize in advance If this is not the right place to ask this but I was wondering If Shiny Flower Paradise Shaymin is possible to be found via soft resetting~ ? o ^ o Since Shaymin is an event unlocked Pokemon I simply wanted to make sure it was indeed possible to meet it as a shiny before soft resetting any further~ :3 Thank you to anyone who helps me~ !!
    I think it's like Victini and you can't get a shiny version,but it is always possible.If you really want one,a person called Shaymin Master may still have one.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

It would be a good idea to evolve it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Curvee View Post
    I don't think there is any source out there that says it can't be Shiny, so it's likely possible (but, like any other soft-reset, extremely rare). I don't think they put in that Shiny block until Black & White.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

I am attempting to obtain the Pink Crystal in my Diamond game, however I keep running into some problems. First of all, I have tried to send items from Diamond to Pearl, but I keep getting this message: "Thanks for the offer, but I will have to pass. See you tomorrow". I tried it the day after, but the same message keeps popping up. I have also tried talking to the characters in the tunnels, and then in both of our secret bases, but none of that works.

I am not trying to send any one-off items or dolls, as I already know those can't be transfered. In short, I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. If I'm missing something fundamental, then please let me know. I really want that Pink Crystal.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

I recently had two separate freezing episodes in two of my games, and was just wondering if this has happened to anyone before? I have never cheated or hacked, so I am unsure why this occurred (especially twice). The first problem I had was in HeartGold, where the game screen froze in the rainy route right before Azalea Town. The second was in Platinum, where the game froze in the middle of the "white-out" period when you fly from one place to another. Might there be some way that I can figure out why this happened?
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    I recently had two separate freezing episodes in two of my games, and was just wondering if this has happened to anyone before? I have never cheated or hacked, so I am unsure why this occurred (especially twice). The first problem I had was in HeartGold, where the game screen froze in the rainy route right before Azalea Town. The second was in Platinum, where the game froze in the middle of the "white-out" period when you fly from one place to another. Might there be some way that I can figure out why this happened?
    Did this happen on the same system?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Did this happen on the same system?
    Yes, it did, actually. Could it be the DS itself? I thought the chances of it happening with two different games were rather low. I also had a problem about two months back where the same DS was occasionally not registering game cartridges (although it has not happened it a while).
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    Yes, it did, actually. Could it be the DS itself? I thought the chances of it happening with two different games were rather low. I also had a problem about two months back where the same DS was occasionally not registering game cartridges (although it has not happened it a while).
    It sounds like it. I've had a few DS that stop playing games..

(Took me a while to move the DS Wifi data on to another DS. (Strangely, my 3DS contains the same Codes that inserted on my first DS fatty, and they came off those broken DSes. I only have had two DSes "active" at anyone time, so that's why I know.))
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Hi, small question

Well, you know Platinum, right?

....Are you able to get a Lileep/Cradily/whatever fossil BEFORE the national dex?
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    Well, you know Platinum, right?

....Are you able to get a Lileep/Cradily/whatever fossil BEFORE the national dex?
    Yeeeeeeah.

No, you cannot get Root/Claw/Dome/Helix Fossil or the Old Amber until after you have obtained National Dex. You can, however, dig up Armor or Skull Fossil at anytime during the game without needing the National Dex. Unlike Diamond and Pearl, this is not based on the version obviously. Instead, I believe it depends on whether your trainer ID is odd or even - Armour for even and Skull for odd.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Quote Originally Posted by meowth_city View Post
    No, you cannot get Root/Claw/Dome/Helix Fossil or the Old Amber until after you have obtained National Dex.
    Guess i'll have to trade one over then. ;-;.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Default Hey bros a lil new to this game and website

Hey I was wondering if you guys can explain A few things for me

1. How can I get my murkrow to learn perish song?
    2. How ami suppose to make money in this game to keep getting pokeballs, tms, other stuff?
    3. Can you guys explain some of the basics of advance playing?
    4. Is there a way to hatch eggs quicker?

Thank you for your time good sirs and ma ams
    Last edited by Yugiohbro; 24th July 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Page 139 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast