Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3759

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Not even a rough estimate? The characteristic should be of some help.

not even. and characteristic only tells you which stat has the highest IV (or one of them if more than one are tied for first place)
    the characteristic would help narrow down an exact IV, but only if we knew the EVs. unfortunately, too much data is missing to figure anything out. sorry
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Oh right, thanks anyway.

I want to get the National Dex in Pearl without capturing Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf yet (because I want to RNG them later). Is there any way to do this other than deliberately losing to them? I know In Platinum I can beat them, then beat the E4 and they'll respawn, but I don't think that works in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by cantab View Post
    I want to get the National Dex in Pearl without capturing Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf yet (because I want to RNG them later). Is there any way to do this other than deliberately losing to them? I know In Platinum I can beat them, then beat the E4 and they'll respawn, but I don't think that works in DP.
    You can talk to the one that roams the region and it'll show his picture before he flees. So he'll be added to your dex as seen. I think you have to catch the other two to get them seem

Can you catch mew in platinum without an event?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardevoir4922 View Post
    Can you catch mew in platinum without an event?
    Nope, unless you use hack tool to "create" this pokemon, it's impossible to have it in 4th gen games.
    http://zir1402.deviantart.com/
    3DS: 0576-4785-2902
    IGN: Fabio

Hi everyone, i'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I recently started a new file on my Platinum and I was a f**king idiot and I killed Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina thinking that I can get really good one's on the GTS if I do some trading but I haven't been able to find any. I'm getting sick of this and I don't want to deal with it anymore. If anyone is nice enough to help me out by letting me trade over 4 of my pokemon so that I can transfer them onto my new file I would be very greatful! Please, I beg of you! PM me if you'll help out.
    3DS friend code: 0662 2944 5621

Normal Safari with Ditto, Teddiursa, and Loudred.

Favorite Pokemon and Mega: Swampert and Mega Chomp.

My competitive team for X (still needs fixing): Softboil Blissey, Hazard Forretress, King's shield Aegislash, Poison Heal Gliscor, Mega Garchomp, Offensive Greninja.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonViper View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I recently started a new file on my Platinum and I was a f**king idiot and I killed Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina thinking that I can get really good one's on the GTS if I do some trading but I haven't been able to find any. I'm getting sick of this and I don't want to deal with it anymore. If anyone is nice enough to help me out by letting me trade over 4 of my pokemon so that I can transfer them onto my new file I would be very greatful! Please, I beg of you! PM me if you'll help out.
    This is not the right place to ask for trades, but You can try here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...54-Trade-Forum
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default Quick question about the great marsh.

I want a Skorupi for my team, now.

However, he's not in the Great Marsh, so here are my questions.

1. If its the first time I'm starting a day, can I just reset and have different pokemon, or are they pre-set?

2. Can I change the DS clock so that the next day happens and the pokemon change?

3. If I mis records with the same person over and over again, will it keep changing the pokemon in the great marsh?

Thanks for the help.
    White FC: 2966 7825 9106

1. If you don't Save since mid-night, Resetting may work, but if you make a "group" in Jublife and mix records, I think it will be set.
    2. Changing the clock, will "lock" the Pokemon for the next day.
    3. Mixing won't affect what currently in the Marsh, but can affect the following days.

Merged with the correct thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Well, today I finally beat Maylene after 5 days of trying...She managed to KO all of my Pokemon, except for my level 23 Dustox, which somehow managed to beat her Lucario with Gust. Now I'm on my merry way, trying to find a Fly slave... Oh, and I'm going to the Team Galactic place to find Lucas's Pokedex, and whatnot. :P What fun.

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed that idiot chosen and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    Well, today I finally beat Maylene after 5 days of trying...She managed to KO all of my Pokemon, except for my level 23 Dustox, which somehow managed to beat her Lucario with Gust. Now I'm on my merry way, trying to find a Fly slave... Oh, and I'm going to the Team Galactic place to find Lucas's Pokedex, and whatnot. :P What fun.
    The Recent Happenings thread is here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...OST-OR-ELSE%29

You are currently in the Help Thread.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Cool help

so i have a gible level 20. is she bad? here they are.
    hp 55
    attack 31
    defense 23
    sp.attack 22
    sp.def 24
    speed 24
    nature timid
    abillty sand veil
    item smooth stone
    moves
    sand attack
    dragon rage
    sandstorm
    sand tomb
    gender female

this is diamond version.
    Last edited by AGGRON GUY; 18th February 2013 at 12:28 AM.
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

Quote Originally Posted by AGGRON GUY View Post
    so i have a gible level 20. is she bad? here they are.
    hp 55
    attack 31
    defense 23
    sp.attack 22
    sp.def 24
    speed 24
    nature timid
    abillty sand veil
    item smooth stone
    moves
    sand attack
    dragon rage
    sandstorm
    sand tomb
    gender female

this is diamond version.
    Timid is a terrible nature for a Gible, get another one that's Adamant or Jolly. Naughty, Lonely, Naive and Hasty work quite well too. Her individual values are also bad but those don't really matter in-game so don't worry about them unless you want to challenge people online. Either way, try to get one with a better nature.

Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    Timid is a terrible nature for a Gible, get another one that's Adamant or Jolly. Naughty, Lonely, Naive and Hasty work quite well too. Her individual values are also bad but those don't really matter in-game so don't worry about them unless you want to challenge people online. Either way, try to get one with a better nature.
    this is post game and my gible is now level 22 attack 34
    defense 25
    sp.atk 23
    sp.def 25
    speed 25
    item smooth rock
    timid nature
    and post game.
    moves
    sand attack
    dragon claw
    sandstorm
    sand tomb.
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

Quote Originally Posted by AGGRON GUY View Post
    this is post game and my gible is now level 22 attack 34
    defense 25
    sp.atk 23
    sp.def 25
    speed 25
    item smooth rock
    timid nature
    and post game.
    moves
    sand attack
    dragon claw
    sandstorm
    sand tomb.
    OK, Individual Values are set when you catch your Pokémon, and limit the Maximum (and also Minimum) stats your Pokémon can have. You can't change them at all unless you're willing get a new Pokémon. Natures Also Affect the Stats, Timid drops Attack and boost Speed. Many of Garchomps moves use the Attack stat, so this Gible isn't going to be the best choice for Battle Fronter/Battle Tower. Also Natures don't change unless you get another Pokemon.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Ok, so I'm looking for a Torkoal. I know I need to use the PokéRadar at Route 227/Stark Mountain, but I'm not familiar with the PokéRadar. Does anyone have any tips for me or is it just based on luck?
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    Ok, so I'm looking for a Torkoal. I know I need to use the PokéRadar at Route 227/Stark Mountain, but I'm not familiar with the PokéRadar. Does anyone have any tips for me or is it just based on luck?
    This page (http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/pokeradar.shtml) has a pretty good explanation. It's mostly based on luck, but there's also a visual indication of how rare a Pokemon you'll encounter.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Thanks. So I'm presuming Torkoal would count as a rare pokémon then?
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)

can anyone tell me what a good good bug type pokemon for pearl would be? thanks
    Please reply to all questions appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by frootquake View Post
    can anyone tell me what a good good bug type pokemon for pearl would be? thanks
    Heracross is a good choice

Are the Elite Four and Champion's Pokémon actually EV trained? I ask because i'm doing a Wedlocke Challenge in Platinum, and there are a few opponents I want to be ready for in advance. My Gengar is Level 55 and has 172 Speed, and my Weavile has a -Speed nature but I have been giving her some Speed EVs (they're in different pairs), and i'm hoping they'll be faster than Lucian's Alakazam and Cynthia's Garchomp respectively. I tried watching MunchingOrange's videos, because I know his Weavile at Level 50 wasn't faster than Lucian's Alakazam, but at Level 55 it was faster than Cynthia's Garchomp, but I know he deposited his Weavile for most of the post-game, so I don't know his Speeds at those points.

In short, are the Elite Four EV trained? Thanks!
    White 2 Friend Code: 1249 6986 4072

Dream World Pokemon available for breed:

Quote Originally Posted by epicmonster037 View Post
    Are the Elite Four and Champion's Pokémon actually EV trained? I ask because i'm doing a Wedlocke Challenge in Platinum, and there are a few opponents I want to be ready for in advance. My Gengar is Level 55 and has 172 Speed, and my Weavile has a -Speed nature but I have been giving her some Speed EVs (they're in different pairs), and i'm hoping they'll be faster than Lucian's Alakazam and Cynthia's Garchomp respectively. I tried watching MunchingOrange's videos, because I know his Weavile at Level 50 wasn't faster than Lucian's Alakazam, but at Level 55 it was faster than Cynthia's Garchomp, but I know he deposited his Weavile for most of the post-game, so I don't know his Speeds at those points.

In short, are the Elite Four EV trained? Thanks!
    No, in fact, any Pokémon you face that is owned by an in-game trainer (other than those in the Battle Frontier) have no EVs at all.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    No, in fact, any Pokémon you face that is owned by an in-game trainer (other than those in the Battle Frontier) have no EVs at all.
    so that means that battle frontier trainers have ev trained pokemon?

Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast