Page 105 of 152 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Default Trying to complete my pokedex!!!

Hey Im new and I was wondering if there are any pokemon that you can breed to get a cyndaquil other than using a cyndaquil!? I am also willing to trade for one. My friend code is 2450 9088 1046. THX

Does anybody know where I can get a Mew without that codes device thingy?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Does anybody know where I can get a Mew without that codes device thingy?
    You'll have trade for one/get one from another game, as Mew isn't encountered in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. There are several event Mew out there that you can trade for; here is a list. You may also get one from My Pokemon Ranch by fulfilling certain requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by beans2468 View Post
    Hey Im new and I was wondering if there are any pokemon that you can breed to get a cyndaquil other than using a cyndaquil!? I am also willing to trade for one. My friend code is 2450 9088 1046. THX
    You can only breed a Cyndaquil, Quilava, or Typhlosion to get a Cyndaquil.
    Go here to trade.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You'll have trade for one/get one from another game, as Mew isn't encountered in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. There are several event Mew out there that you can trade for; here is a list. You may also get one from My Pokemon Ranch by fulfilling certain requirements.
    I know Pokemon Ranch excepts Diamond and Pearl but does it except Pokemon from Platinum too?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I know Pokemon Ranch excepts Diamond and Pearl but does it except Pokemon from Platinum too?
    Only the Japanese version. The patch to support Platinum was never released outside of Japan.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Only the Japanese version. The patch to support Platinum was never released outside of Japan.
    That sucks.
    Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rentaline99 View Post
    That sucks.
    Anyone know why?
    No reason was ever given, I don't think. Nintendo just never decided to update it elsewhere.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

No reason was ever given, I don't think. Nintendo just never decided to update it elsewhere.
    Eh. Maybe I'll e-mail them for a reason. It's pretty much too late to update the game, but it would be nice to find out why. (Hopefully it's something besides laziness)

Eh. Maybe I'll e-mail them for a reason. It's pretty much too late to update the game, but it would be nice to find out why. (Hopefully it's something besides laziness)
    I doubt you'll get a response. Seeing as they never gave one to numerous gaming publications, among others that are in a much more prominent public position than you are. xD

Game companies generally don't make statements about games they don't make and release.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Game companies generally don't make statements about games they don't make and release.
    There is at least five or 6 companies that are involved in MPR.. I am not privy of the details, but It could be the Developer didn't get asked to do the Platinum or the HGSS supported versions, or they chose that they do Rumble instead.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    There is at least five or 6 companies that are involved in MPR.. I am not privy of the details, but It could be the Developer didn't get asked to do the Platinum or the HGSS supported versions, or they chose that they do Rumble instead.
    I mean we could theory-mon a few reasons. Nob Ogasawara, the freelance translator who worked through NOA/TPCI on all Pokemon games (including the side/spinoff games) up until and including Plat, was told right before he started working on Plat that Plat would be the last game he'd translate. So maybe this got lost in the transition between Ogasawara's tenure as translator and TPCi/NOA doing the localizing in-house?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I guess it's no big deal. The milk is already spilled.

My friend recently got her own DS to play Platinum on but is worried about her berries. If she leaves them planted/growing and switches to her new DS from the old one she was using, will the change from one system to another mess up time the berries have been growing? Even if the clocks are synced?

I had to put my Pearl in my brother's DS once while trading Pokemon to my own Platinum version and, even though the clocks were set to the same time, all the berries I had planted in Pearl were gone, loamy soil left bare. Did I do something wrong or is this what happens?

Currently I've told her to wait until the berries are all grown, pick them, and then start playing Platinum on her new DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Strife View Post
    My friend recently got her own DS to play Platinum on but is worried about her berries. If she leaves them planted/growing and switches to her new DS from the old one she was using, will the change from one system to another mess up time the berries have been growing? Even if the clocks are synced?

I had to put my Pearl in my brother's DS once while trading Pokemon to my own Platinum version and, even though the clocks were set to the same time, all the berries I had planted in Pearl were gone, loamy soil left bare. Did I do something wrong or is this what happens?

Currently I've told her to wait until the berries are all grown, pick them, and then start playing Platinum on her new DS.
    Yes, all time-based events stop for 24 hours when the time is changed. Switching DSes counts as a time change.

Default Bullet Punch or Quick Attack?

I'm re-teaching my Scizor a move. He has Technician so i decided Quick Attack. Then the list came up and I saw bullet punch. Same PP, power, and effect, but Steel. I figure the STAB would work better. I just thought I'd ask the opinion of other Pokemon fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMudkip View Post
    I'm re-teaching my Scizor a move. He has Technician so i decided Quick Attack. Then the list came up and I saw bullet punch. Same PP, power, and effect, but Steel. I figure the STAB would work better. I just thought I'd ask the opinion of other Pokemon fanatics.
    You said it, Bullet Punch with STAB.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMudkip View Post
    Bullet Punch with Technician and STAB is what made Scizor so popular in the 4th gen. When you get to the move tutors, slap on Superpower and you've got yourself one hell of a beast.

I was wondering if someone could help me with calculating low-level pokemon's IV's. I'm trying to find the IV's of a level 3 shinx. I've used various IV calculators - but of course, it does not provide dead on accurate results. How do I work out accurate IV's for this pokemon?
    3DS FC : 2020-0494-0652 [Y]
    Friend Safari : ;662;

Quote Originally Posted by Richarizard View Post
    I was wondering if someone could help me with calculating low-level pokemon's IV's. I'm trying to find the IV's of a level 3 shinx. I've used various IV calculators - but of course, it does not provide dead on accurate results. How do I work out accurate IV's for this pokemon?
    Get it to a higher level. There is no other way. Doing a level 100 Wi-Fi battle is the quickest route.

As Hydrohs said, Wifi. But I'll explain further by saying that in the battle forum there is a place for IV battles. Once you're at Level 100 in wifi (no leveling up, just doing a battle will set its level to the cap and reset when you exit) check the summaries of your Pokemon and enter them in the IV Calculator.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Get it to a higher level. There is no other way. Doing a level 100 Wi-Fi battle is the quickest route.
    Ah, is there a level that would be fine to get acurate IV's, or would it have to be 100? ie. could I ding it up to level 25 with rare candy's and get a more accurate calculation?

If not, then I'lll need to find someone to try the level 100 battle, which tbh - seems like the easier option it's just I wouldn't like to have to ask people to jump into a level 100 battle with me every few days so I can check the IV's of my eggs.
    3DS FC : 2020-0494-0652 [Y]
    Friend Safari : ;662;

Ah, is there a level that would be fine to get acurate IV's, or would it have to be 100? ie. could I ding it up to level 25 with rare candy's and get a more accurate calculation?

If not, then I'lll need to find someone to try the level 100 battle, which tbh - seems like the easier option it's just I wouldn't like to have to ask people to jump into a level 100 battle with me every few days so I can check the IV's of my eggs.
    Level 25 is good for somewhat accurate calculations. Basically the higher you go the more accurate it gets, you'll never get an accurate calculation until level 100. As Skydra said there's a specific thread for people who need to do IV battles, so no one would be going out of their way for you or anything.

Well, generally by level 30 the calc has most of them between two numbers, and if you are using platinum and have the guy at battle tower to help then you could probably get perfectly accurate results by 30, however the wifi method would seem to be the easier and most accurate, since it instantly jumps it to level 100 without you having to spend anything or get levels on it if it turns out to be useless.
    Shiny Semi-Flawless/Flawless (5th gen):

Working on Learning 5th gen RNG.
    Diamond FC: 4213 0213 1340
    Black FC: 2666 8273 4049

Yay, I've claimed Charizard .

Page 105 of 152 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast