Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Hi I don't get how to get the macho brace. How do you get the individual forms of Burmy? Do they stay in say, trash forme or sand forme once you battle them in a certain area? I'm really confused by it all :S I'd like to get in some EV training before the power items

Quote Originally Posted by Displeased Owl View Post
    Hi I don't get how to get the macho brace. How do you get the individual forms of Burmy? Do they stay in say, trash forme or sand forme once you battle them in a certain area? I'm really confused by it all :S I'd like to get in some EV training before the power items
    Burmy will change form after it was used in a battle. It won't change forme if it was not used or fainted, Apparently.

When I did it, I had one Burmy on me at a time, and have other Pokémon that could OHKO any Wild Pokémon. (Keeping it the box won't change the forme.) Outside Pastoria is a good place to get the formes. Sandy cloak is on the beach (or caves), and the Pink one is got by battling inside, the cafe at the other end of the beach works well. If you want grass, run around in the grass.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Awesome, thanks a lot for the help all. Will try getting it up to level 25-30 and if that's not dead on i'll go to the forum and get a level 100 battle. ^^
    3DS FC : 2020-0494-0652 [Y]
    Friend Safari : ;662;

Umm...Okay so I'm trying to get a japanese pokemon from the GTS on Platinum, but it won't let me trade anything? Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Bynca View Post
    Umm...Okay so I'm trying to get a japanese pokemon from the GTS on Platinum, but it won't let me trade anything? Help?
    Need a bit more information than that. How exactly is it not letting you?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Bynca View Post
    If you've got a USA Platinum, your game could not be displaying the required level. This is a problem that you need to send your game off to Nintendo for. There is nothing you can to fix it, other than use other games, as it's in the Rom.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    If you've got a USA Platinum, your game could not be displaying the required level. This is a problem that you need to send your game off to Nintendo for. There is nothing you can to fix it, other than use other games, as it's in the Rom.
    I do, so ****. Do they reset the game entirely and does it cost anything? 'Cause If they are going to get rid of the data on my game, then I need to do some trading onto another game.

They don't reset your game, but you still lose your saved data since they simply send you the v1.1 version of Platinum without even bothering transferring your save over to the new cart.

So does it cost me anything to replace?

I don't think so, unless there are shipping fees that you have to take care of.

So I'm thinking about restarting my Platinum at some point. I was wondering if it's possible to trade eggs over to Platinum that early in the game. Also, I was wondering if I could trade National Dex Pokemon eggs prior to having a National Pokedex. If this is possible, will my Pokemon be able to evolve without the National Dex?
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    So I'm thinking about restarting my Platinum at some point. I was wondering if it's possible to trade eggs over to Platinum that early in the game. Also, I was wondering if I could trade National Dex Pokemon eggs prior to having a National Pokedex. If this is possible, will my Pokemon be able to evolve without the National Dex?
    Union Room (IE local wireless) can be traded as soon as you hit Sandgem Town or wherever Rowan is.

Wi-Fi trading can be done when you get to Orebaugh.

The only game that has limits one evolution and the lack of a national dex is FR/LG.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

^So then I can trade over Eggs containing National Dex Pokemon to Platinum before I have the National Dex?
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    ^So then I can trade over Eggs containing National Dex Pokemon to Platinum before I have the National Dex?
    Yep 10chrlimit

EDIT: When it hatches, the Dex # will just have ??? in it's place. It'll change to the proper # once you obtain the NAtional Dex.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    I don't think so, unless there are shipping fees that you have to take care of.
    All right cool, thank you!

Is there a way to control gender in these games?

I want to breed for a Shiny Female Snorunt. If I breed a female Snorunt with a male Clefairy that has Cute Charm will it raise the odds of the Snorunt eggs being female?
    Bye </3 You got what you wanted, Zabi. Congrats, your lies worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanappu View Post
    Is there a way to control gender in these games?

I want to breed for a Shiny Female Snorunt. If I breed a female Snorunt with a male Clefairy that has Cute Charm will it raise the odds of the Snorunt eggs being female?
    No way to control gender.

I saw this in the HGSS Help thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Is there a building in HG/SS that has your records like "Eggs Hatched, Pokemon Defeated...". I know there's one in D/P but I haven't seen one in this game.
    What building is this?

In the GTS area of Jubilife city before you enter the GTS, there's a guy who asks what your "type" is and you can select Grass, Fire, or Water.

Does this do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post

What building is this?
    It's in Jublife. I believe the TV place.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Burmy will change form after it was used in a battle. It won't change forme if it was not used or fainted, Apparently.

When I did it, I had one Burmy on me at a time, and have other Pokémon that could OHKO any Wild Pokémon. (Keeping it the box won't change the forme.) Outside Pastoria is a good place to get the formes. Sandy cloak is on the beach (or caves), and the Pink one is got by battling inside, the cafe at the other end of the beach works well. If you want grass, run around in the grass.
    Thanks a lot really appreciate it, now I can EV train for a bit!
    Last edited by Displeased Owl; 30th January 2011 at 6:16 PM.

I just recently managed to get 482 in my diamond dex as caught and the serebii guides states thats when you get a star. i have not yet gotten another star so im wondering if the serebii guide is inaccurate. can someone clear this up?

hai bh :3

Quote Originally Posted by TyranitarFan View Post
    I just recently managed to get 482 in my diamond dex as caught and the serebii guides states thats when you get a star. i have not yet gotten another star so im wondering if the serebii guide is inaccurate. can someone clear this up?
    Did you talk to Rowan? Or the Gamefreak employees?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You need to complete the national dex to get the star. The Pokemon that aren't included in the 482 are mostly event exclusive like Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Celebi, Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy, and Phione.

oh wow i have all of those except manaphy. so technically i have 374?

hai bh :3

Did you already get the bronze and silver card?

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast