Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Hmmm... the first time, I remember I didn't.
    The second time, yes, I did.

However, is there a way to avoid such a problem even when using different DSes?
    Join Victory Road forums today, and enjoy monthly tournaments, a load of awesome features (such as the Gym League), as well as friendly and helpful members!

Currently in need of:

Spoiler:- Needed Pokémon and items:

If you can trade me the Zapdos I want, I will give you a legit, UT, Lax-natured, TRU Arceus.. I can also offer many other legendaries. Please PM me if you do have it, and I surely will satisfy you with what I have, too.

Is it necessary to have a Jolly Marill with Huge Power yet has Aqua Jet, which isn't required according to Smogon's set for Azumarill?

Quote Originally Posted by ~:Shadow:~ View Post
    Hmmm... the first time, I remember I didn't.
    The second time, yes, I did.

However, is there a way to avoid such a problem even when using different DSes?
    No there is not. Except you just use the net on one DS and that DS only.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    No there is not. Except you just use the net on one DS and that DS only.
    Actually there is, you can transfer your system ID from one DS to another, however you won't be able to use the old one with your old FC's/rosters afterwards.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...transferID.jsp

Note that a games FCs are set to the DS's ID when created, so if I say, got my FCs on pearl on a DS, and plat on DSi, then transferred my DS ID to my DSi, I can get online fine with pearl on my DSi now, but I'd have to reset my FC/roster to get online with pearl on my DS now (the DS the ID is transferred from is blaned out, and a new one created), or on either system with plat (since both DS systems now have ID's other than the one used to create plats FC).
    If you don't have the original DS you used to get the FC with, then you are sol and have to reset your FC.

edit again: If you reset your connection info, you will lose any pokemon on the GTS from that game., since the pokemon on the GTS is tied to that specific FC/ID combination.
    Last edited by Arande; 5th December 2009 at 11:34 PM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

I've got a question regarding some moves. In a doubles battle, Helping Hand doubles your other pokes attack. Correct? And Me First allows you to take an opponents move to use against them with 150% power.

If both were to be used simultaneously, would that mean Helping Hand activates first, then Me First, meaning the Pokemon who used Me First would be having a powered up move of 300%?

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    3DS: 0302-0883-5064

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKZ View Post
    I've got a question regarding some moves. In a doubles battle, Helping Hand doubles your other pokes attack. Correct? And Me First allows you to take an opponents move to use against them with 150% power.

If both were to be used simultaneously, would that mean Helping Hand activates first, then Me First, meaning the Pokemon who used Me First would be having a powered up move of 300%?

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I wouldn't see why not, the only thing that concerns me is that you say 300%? So does helping hand increase damage by 150% or 50%? If so I would think that the combo you state would increase by 100% instead of 300%.

I am unsure how the game calculates extra damage, but I doubt it would do double damage at best instead of you stating triple. At least my train of thought is both moves increase the damage to 50%, so the damage is 1.5 each of the original. The way you phrase increase by 150% means it already does double plus another 50%. At least that is how I interpreted it, which might be an error on my part.

If you had said it does 300% damage that is more understandable but increase makes me think what I stated above.

Anyone please correct the damage calculation as I might be wrong. But for part of your question both moves should increase the damage.
    *Currently have major issues with my computer, won't be able to trade or such in a while.

Trademark shiny hunt:
    Currently shiny hunting: ???
    Recent shinys:3x , 8x , 1x *naive, 38 luxury balls, hp grass*
    Proudest Pokes: Shiny Bold
    Shiny ditto ivs: 31/31/31/29/16/31
    *Shiny Ditto not for trade. Best shiny ivs ever. Possibly best closest to flawless, shiny ditto without hacks, RNG, etc.

*char. name: Sayuri
    *Platinum Friend code: 2192 7524 9609

*I am against cloning and hacking. ONLY legit pokemon and items. Also not interested in shinys, rather hunt for them myself.

*Out of ideas as to shiny hunt which pokemon via pokeradar, any suggestions? If so leave me a vm, no pms please.

Me First uses a 1.5x damage attack, and Helping Hand's modifier doubles the damage done. So yes, it would do 3x the amount of damage.
    No shinies yet. ;_; In any game.

Quote Originally Posted by blckdemondrgn View Post
    I wouldn't see why not, the only thing that concerns me is that you say 300%? So does helping hand increase damage by 150% or 50%? If so I would think that the combo you state would increase by 100% instead of 300%.

I am unsure how the game calculates extra damage, but I doubt it would do double damage at best instead of you stating triple. At least my train of thought is both moves increase the damage to 50%, so the damage is 1.5 each of the original. The way you phrase increase by 150% means it already does double plus another 50%. At least that is how I interpreted it, which might be an error on my part.

If you had said it does 300% damage that is more understandable but increase makes me think what I stated above.

Anyone please correct the damage calculation as I might be wrong. But for part of your question both moves should increase the damage.
    Oh wait. I may be wrong then. I'm getting a little confused. I realized I did helping hand wrong. It doesn't double, only raises it by 50%.
    Let me try to rephrase this then with an example.

Lets say I've got an Eevee and a Lickylicky on my side, while my opponent has a Bidoof and Slaking. We'll say that each pokemon has no stat changes to attack, so each pokemon is at 100% attack power.

Eevee uses Helping Hand, so Lickylicky's attack will be at 150%.
    Lickylicky uses Me First and copies Slaking's Earthquake. Would the 50% boost from Me First be calculated with the helping hand's boost? Meaning the total attack power would be 225%.

I think I got 300% because I thought Helping Hand doubles the power:
    100 X 2 = 200
    200 X .5 = 100
    100 + 200 = 300

My mistake on that part.
    3DS: 0302-0883-5064

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKZ View Post
    Eevee uses Helping Hand, so Lickylicky's attack will be at 150%.
    Lickylicky uses Me First and copies Slaking's Earthquake. Would the 50% boost from Me First be calculated with the helping hand's boost? Meaning the total attack power would be 225%.

I think I got 300% because I thought Helping Hand doubles the power:
    100 X 2 = 200
    200 X .5 = 100
    100 + 200 = 300

My mistake on that part.
    Well I would think as you said eq should have a base power of 225 after using me first with helping hand. Though I am just not entirely sure if that boost would affect the base power of an attack or your attack stat. If someone would enlighten us that would be helpful.

Though I just like to say now I understand what you mean, just adding that increase to your sentence before confused me more - yes I am restating what I said in previous post.

Adding increase made me think = increase 300% = EQ base power + 300% = 400 base power for EQ
    Without increase = 300% of EQ = 300% of original value = 300 base power for EQ

Again I don't see why it being the power boost wouldn't add together, though for me how it would add is what I don't know.
    *Currently have major issues with my computer, won't be able to trade or such in a while.

Trademark shiny hunt:
    *Shiny Ditto not for trade. Best shiny ivs ever. Possibly best closest to flawless, shiny ditto without hacks, RNG, etc.

*I am against cloning and hacking. ONLY legit pokemon and items. Also not interested in shinys, rather hunt for them myself.

*Out of ideas as to shiny hunt which pokemon via pokeradar, any suggestions? If so leave me a vm, no pms please.

If I have a...say a heat form rotom in my team and i battle,will it still be heat form/have overheat?
    Quote Originally Posted by arisatomaxon View Post
    i was wandering , what was this thread about??

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    If I have a...say a heat form rotom in my team and i battle,will it still be heat form/have overheat?
    Yes, unless you use it in the Battle Frontier.

Shiny Chikorita
    916 SRs | HeartGold

• • • • •

That's the beauty of the damage formula being a multiplication problem (to find exact damage dealt), then division (defense of the pokemon) . Multiplication is associative, it doesn't matter where the 50% boost goes in, stat ro base power.

You can basically think of that combo multiplying the damage you deal by 2.25 normal, given it does make the damage variance wider as well (all attacks deal 85-100% damage) If you get STAB from the me first'd move, yes, that is 3.37x damage. Remember though, me first is NOT a priority move, and fails if it goes after the target, or if they are using a non-attacking move.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

If heat rotom's battle is in game or local wifi then yes.

If your doing a battle over regular wifi/online, then no it will revert to original form and forget it's signature move.

Any platinum forms will revert back on wifi battles, so you have to hack in order to battle with those forms online.

Trademark shiny hunt:

there is no such thing as local wifi. perhaps you mean wireless connection, which is different entirely to wifi battling
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

Erm...i didn't really understand the second answer,but thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisatomaxon View Post
    i was wandering , what was this thread about??

I play GBA games on the GameCube using the Gameboy Player Start-Up Disk. Is there something like that for playing Nintendo DS games?
    My Pokemon Crystal team:

My Pokemon Sapphire team:

Emerald:

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bellossom* View Post
    I play GBA games on the GameCube using the Gameboy Player Start-Up Disk. Is there something like that for playing Nintendo DS games?
    Yes, BUT It's Not publicly available.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

i just started the EU version of Platinum and i was wondering how you get explosion since you can't play the slot machines?
    yes yes y'all im back from my CoD MW2 addiction

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmasta View Post
    i just started the EU version of Platinum and i was wondering how you get explosion since you can't play the slot machines?
    I think You get it when you talk to the prize giver.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Erm...i didn't really understand the second answer,but thanks.
    Well I hope this makes it clearer: If you use your heat rotom against gym leaders, regular trainers, and such in game then your heat rotom keeps it heat form and overheat. If you decide to battle local wireless, someone who are less than 15 or so feet away from you from above the pokemon center, the same rule applies and rotom is allowed to use overheat.

According to another user if you use rotom in any battle frontier challenge or you go to a wifi battle from below the pokemon center, your rotom will revert to its original form and lose the move overheat.

I hope you understood as I don't see how I can state it any other way.

*thanks for clearing me up prince amrod, local wireless not local wifi. I couldn't remember the correct term for it at the time.

Trademark shiny hunt:

how do you teach kingdra draco meteor
    FC: 0947 1637 9212
    I believe competitive battling should be with your favorite pokemon , not with pokemon that are just powerful , no pokemon is better than another , its how you use them , Put this in your sig and challenge someone to a battle with your favorite pokemon (Started by frozenthrone101)
    If you want to do a trade , you must have at least posted 20 times ,

CLAIMS : the move razor leaf , its brought me through
    hell, and Empoleon , the pushover i turned into an uber
    and 'Soap' Mactavish (modern warfare 2 ) ,

Quote Originally Posted by frozenthrone101 View Post
    how do you teach kingdra draco meteor
    Have kingdra reach max happiness - maybe not max, but high enough.

Increase Happiness:
    Just give it a soothe bell and go to the massage places in veilstone city and resort area.
    Feed lots of happiness berries - pomeg to tamato.
    Or just do the longest way but at no cost, just use your bike and ride a lot.

Those are the main ways to increase happiness, after kingdra gets two small hearts (view from poketch number 6 by touching kingdra) it should learn draco meteor, otherwise just max out with two large hearts. You can find the move tutor in route 228 house.

Trademark shiny hunt:

I was looking at the battle frontier pages for platnium, I just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly, and needed a better understanding.

Is 'Wireless Mixed' mean you team up with a friend against 2 computers?

If yes...

How does it work with each of the facilities? Is it the same except for each of the specific rules?

Just need to clear it up, kinda confused.
        Spoiler:- Outdated SS Progress (Might update soon):

99.8% of people don't care that you're special.

Does the Metal Coat disappear after a Scyther with it evolve into Scizor?

Shiny Chikorita
    916 SRs | HeartGold

• • • • •

how do you right on the back of your trainer card.
    You Either Die a Hero, or Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become the Villain

You say Jonas Brothers-I say Guns N' Roses
    You say Taylor Swift-I say Ozzy Osbourne
    You say Soulja boy-I say Black Sabbath
    You say Miley Cyrus-I say Lynryd Skynryd
    You say rap-I say rock
    You say pop-I say METAL
    92% of kids have reduced themselves rap,pop,& hip hop.If your one of the 8% who like to headbang and disturb the peace copy and paste to you sig.(started by col_serra)

Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast