Page 124 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3774

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

So this is something I'm not 100% sure on and would like confirmation. I know that in FRLG and Emerald you can't have national dex pokemon pre national dex. Can you trade national dex pokemon pre national dex in Platinum?

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Default Natures

I have a question about natures. Im becoming a little obsessed over getting pokemon properly EV trained with correct natures and ive been reading conflicting information about how to get the best chances of the nature I want. I know about using a pokemon wih syncronise but ive also read in places that this doesnt work for wandering pokemon or stationary ones. Could someone give me a definitive answer please? looking to get a hold of all the non event legendaries when i head to portugal for a week
    White FC: 0819 4057 5116
    Platinum FC: TBA
    PLEASE HELP BY ANSWERING MY BIG QUESTION! : http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post14363318
    Looking to be a decent Breeder/Collector/Wi-Fi Battler!
    Looking for:
    Non-Gen 5 Starters! (Especially Gen I!)
    FRIENDS IN THE DREAM WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by rusaemfrlg View Post
    Can you trade national dex pokemon pre national dex in Platinum?
    Pretty sure you can. First few Google results for "platinum trade national dex pokemon" back me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendonky View Post
    I know about using a pokemon wih syncronise but ive also read in places that this doesnt work for wandering pokemon or stationary ones. Could someone give me a definitive answer please?
    Research (Smogon + Bulbapedia) indicates it doesn't work for Emerald unique Pokémon, D/P/Pt wanderers, and D/P/Pt gift Pokémon, but works for all others - Smogon even suggests getting a Pokémon with Sychronize when trying to catch D/P/Pt stationary legends, so I think you're good.

Why is it that at times when you level up a pokemon, they stay in their original forms even when they CAN evolve. Why do they remain the same even at level 100?

Quote Originally Posted by ladendar View Post
    Why is it that at times when you level up a pokemon, they stay in their original forms even when they CAN evolve. Why do they remain the same even at level 100?
    Because some people choose not to evolve their Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Where is the Nate Rater in Diamond?

3DS FC: 3738-0653-3802 ♥

Eterna City.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

^ Thanks, I finally found it

3DS FC: 3738-0653-3802 ♥

Is there somewhere in game you can teach Piloswine ancient power? (Platinum)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    It's an Egg move for Swinub, or you can use the Move Tutor in Platinum.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have a question about natures. Im becoming a little obsessed over getting pokemon properly EV trained with correct natures and ive been reading conflicting information about how to get the best chances of the nature I want. I know about using a pokemon wih syncronise but ive also read in places that this doesnt work for wandering pokemon or stationary ones. Could someone give me a definitive answer please? looking to get a hold of all the non event legendaries when i head to portugal for a week
    Quote Originally Posted by esm8m View Post
    Research (Smogon + Bulbapedia) indicates it doesn't work for Emerald unique Pokémon, D/P/Pt wanderers, and D/P/Pt gift Pokémon, but works for all others - Smogon even suggests getting a Pokémon with Sychronize when trying to catch D/P/Pt stationary legends, so I think you're good.
    So I dont waste my time with a misinterpretation, Im playing Pt, this means i can Syncronise Dialga, Palkia, Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Heatran, Rotom, but not the wandering Birds? Is it a bit too anal to want these in specific natures as i seem to find they cant be used in much competative play anyways...
    White FC: 0819 4057 5116
    Platinum FC: TBA
    PLEASE HELP BY ANSWERING MY BIG QUESTION! : http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post14363318
    Looking to be a decent Breeder/Collector/Wi-Fi Battler!
    Looking for:
    Non-Gen 5 Starters! (Especially Gen I!)
    FRIENDS IN THE DREAM WORLD

So I dont waste my time with a misinterpretation, Im playing Pt, this means i can Syncronise Dialga, Palkia, Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Heatran, Rotom, but not the wandering Birds? Is it a bit too anal to want these in specific natures as i seem to find they cant be used in much competative play anyways...
    You can't use Synchronize on the wandering birds because they're created when you talk to Oak, there's never a point when you can interact with them before their creation that your Synchronizer can have an effect on.

The easiest way is to give a Heart Scale to the move maniac in Pastoria City.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Im playing Pt, this means i can Syncronise Dialga, Palkia, Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Heatran, Rotom, but not the wandering Birds? Is it a bit too anal to want these in specific natures as i seem to find they cant be used in much competative play anyways...
    All true except for Mesprit. Here, I'll just link you to what led me to this conclusion:
    This says Synchronize works on everything but Pokémon made by Method 1.
    This tells you what method is used to make which Pokémon.

As for whether it's excessive, I know if next year's VGC turns out like last year's, Dialga and Palkia will be useful, and Heatran and Rotom both have their uses. Don't know about the pixies, though.

Default Trouble catching Cresselia

I have gone to fullmoon island and talked with Cresselia. Then, returned with the lunar wing to the kid in Canalave. I have the marking map, but Cresselia does not appear on it. Am I missing something? The app worked fine when catching Mesprit, but I'm blindly wandering Sinnoh looking for Cresselia. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvax View Post
    I have gone to fullmoon island and talked with Cresselia. Then, returned with the lunar wing to the kid in Canalave. I have the marking map, but Cresselia does not appear on it. Am I missing something? The app worked fine when catching Mesprit, but I'm blindly wandering Sinnoh looking for Cresselia. Please help.
    Are you sure you're not using the Berry App?
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

After obtaining Loudred's location, I went to mt coronet and used poke radar but he will not show up. Is the snow part considered the top?

After obtaining Loudred's location, I went to mt coronet and used poke radar but he will not show up. Is the snow part considered the top?
    Yes, the snowy part is considered to be the top of Mt. Coronet. You're supposed to use the Poke Radar in the tall grass there.

Default Got her

Nevermind, I caught her last night. The face just doesn't come up until you walk through a route boundary. When she left fullmoon island, the mark didn't immediately come up on the map. I tried flying around to see if moving around would make it appear which was my mistake. Thanks anyways.

Ok, so I'm officially stuck. I've JUST entered Victory Road and I feel... weak. My highest Pokemon is Empoleon at near 60, then I have a Gliscor at 48, Luxray at 59, Gyarados at 57, and Giratina at whatever level you catch him (forget what level he was.), I'm afraid that team won't be strong enough, and I just feel too lazy to continue training, what should I do?

"Whether you choose to believe or not, mystic power is and always will be there."
    - Morty

Keep going. You don't have a team of six, but some of your Pokémon are over 10 levels above any Pokémon I had at that point, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yeah your pokes are pretty high. My pokemon were level 40s and I didnt have a hard time with the E4

Does the Mulch cover the entire area of soil you spread it on, or just the one tile? That is, if you have a soft soil patch that is four tiles long, do you only need to spread Mulch on one of the tiles, or do you need to spread it on every tile?

Thanks in advance~ <3
    I'm looking to boost my Join Avenue. I'm offering free Starters (Bulbasaur through Oshawott) for Gen V games. Genders, Natures, nicknames and Pokerus are all requestable. I can also guarantee one perfect IV if you want a specific Nature, and two if you don't. All are legitimate (non-hacked, non-RNG and non-cloned). Please keep requests reasonable; I'm happy to trade you two or three Starters in one session, but anything more and I'll generally ask you to wait until the next day. PM me if you're interested, and I'll usually get back to you within 24 hours.

Pokemon White 2 FC: 1336 0839 8807

Quote Originally Posted by BoxedLunch View Post
    Does the Mulch cover the entire area of soil you spread it on, or just the one tile? That is, if you have a soft soil patch that is four tiles long, do you only need to spread Mulch on one of the tiles, or do you need to spread it on every tile?

Thanks in advance~ <3
    It's only one tile.

Ah wait, I mis-calculated, it wasn't 60, it was 50, just take 10 off every Pokemon haha.

But thanks, I'll keep going then

"Whether you choose to believe or not, mystic power is and always will be there."
    - Morty

Page 124 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast