Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3776

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Choice scarf is a good item to trick because it destroys support pokemon or pokemon if you catch them in a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Choice scarf is a good item to trick because it destroys support pokemon or pokemon if you catch them in a bad move.
    On the other hand, it makes the much faster and can be bad as there aren't many Pokemon that exists in-game in which you care to do that.

Special thanks to Sweet May @ lightspeed graphics for the Trainer Card.

I'm nearing completion of the 4th gen portion of the Pokedex, but I need those stupid honey tree Pokemon (all of them).

If I put honey on a tree, can I save the game, turn the DS off, come back however many hours later, and see if there's a Pokemon in it? I'm having zero luck with this. The GTS isn't helping either. People request too many stupid Pokemon on there.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm nearing completion of the 4th gen portion of the Pokedex, but I need those stupid honey tree Pokemon (all of them).

If I put honey on a tree, can I save the game, turn the DS off, come back however many hours later, and see if there's a Pokemon in it? I'm having zero luck with this. The GTS isn't helping either. People request too many stupid Pokemon on there.
    No, the game decides what Pokemon appears on a tree, and it cannot be changed. If you save before starting the Honey Tree encounter, you can SR for nature, ability, gender, IVs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kays View Post
    On the other hand, it makes the much faster and can be bad as there aren't many Pokemon that exists in-game in which you care to do that.
    Actually, Tricking a Choice Scarf can be negated by Thunder Wave. Example;

Bold @ Choice Scarf
    ~ Levitate
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
    - Trick
    - Thunder Wave
    - Charm
    - Flash

Used as a TrickScarf lead on my Pt. Battle Tower team, which reached 141 wins I might add, the idea is Trick the Scarf, and then shut them down with Thunder Wave. The Paralysis negates the speed boost from the Scarf, making them easy set up bait.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 3rd February 2012 at 5:55 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Actually, Tricking a Choice Scarf can be negated by Thunder Wave. Example;

Bold @ Choice Scarf
    ~ Levitate
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
    - Trick
    - Thunder Wave
    - Charm
    - Flash

Used as a TrickScarf lead on my Pt. Battle Tower team, which reached 141 wins I might add, the idea is Trick the Scarf, and then shut them down with Thunder Wave. The Paralysis negates the speed boost from the Scarf, making them easy set up bait.
    Very true. Too bad that there are only a handful (maybe 5) Pokemon that can learn that set. And only two of them are not affected by Ground-type moves. And both are legendary, making it very hard to get those Natures.

But I agree, that Latias is a very useful Lead since the players in the Battle Tower never switches out.

If it were me, I would never dedicate a Legendary just for the Battle Tower.
    Last edited by Kays; 3rd February 2012 at 7:23 AM.

can anyone help me come up with a good move set for houndoom

so far i have fire fang, bite, payback, faint attack...(lvl 46)

Houndoom @ What ever really
    - Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower / Fire blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - HP Grass / Thunder fang / Sucker punch / Toxic

Gets pretty good coverage, pretty bad movepool though.

Can someone help me by telling me what level i should be at before i fight the elite 4 ?
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

high 50's would be the best, but as long as they are about 50 and you have a good mix of pokemon you should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    No, the game decides what Pokemon appears on a tree, and it cannot be changed. If you save before starting the Honey Tree encounter, you can SR for nature, ability, gender, IVs, etc.
    That wasn't what I was asking, I'm asking do I actually have to WAIT 6 or so hours in regular time, or game time? I've tried resetting the DS clock and haven't had any luck. I've never seen the honey tree shake.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

That wasn't what I was asking, I'm asking do I actually have to WAIT 6 or so hours in regular time, or game time? I've tried resetting the DS clock and haven't had any luck. I've never seen the honey tree shake.
    Yes, you do. Changing the clock I think resets the time back to just slathered it. The good news is that there are several trees to use, so you can try a dozen places.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

You have to wait 6 hours in real time.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Default hopelessly stuck in pokemon diamond

hello everyone,

I'm afraid I'm stuck in the game, I cannot proceed to valor lakefront and road 222 stays blocked off.

after reading lots of walkthroughs (from the very beginning make sure I didn't skip anything) to find a solution I discovered the following episodes never happened to me:

1. after beating canalave gym, rival is suppose to meet you outside and ask you to go to the Library with him. no one was/is there, and there s no one in the library to send me to the 3 lakes. the eartquake never happened.

2. valor lakefront:
    Talk to he Galactic Grunt to initiate his run to the north. Follow him and speak to him again. Seems he's tired of running, and decides to fight you this time! Beat his Level 25 Glameowand and Follow him north again and you'll find Cynthia, who gives you the SecretPotion (which clears out the Psyducks blocking your path on Route 210).
    Continue north to Route 214 and talk to the Galactic Grunt standing outside of the Great Marsh so he can leave. Head east, and you'll find him still standing there. Talk to him again to really make him go away. Right afterwards, Rival will come over to battle you.
    go back east to continue chasing the Galactic Grunt you scared away earlier. On the beach on Route 213, you'll find him standing next to a Fisherman, thinking out loud. Talk to him, and he'll go further east. Follow him, and you'll find him again east of the restaurant full of trainers. Talk to him, and again, he'll leave, going north a little. Now he'll battle you after you talk to him once more. After the battle, go north a little and you'll find Cynthia, who'll give you a SecretPotion to clear the group of Psyduck blocking the road on Route 210.

with 98 hours of play and a pokedex with 89 pokemon I am now completely stuck and cannot procede to new places so please help me out

Did you by any chances used a cheating device at some point?

The Soul of Pokémon is made of Silver

Did you by any chances used a cheating device at some point?

hi thanks for your reply

hmmzz, I did find an option to have masterballs, so I used it in order to catch the wild ones easier because they kept escaping me.
    omg, you think that could be the problem...?

Unlikely. It's mostly a cheat that altered the original gameplay walkthrough. So if you had a cheat that gave you HM before you were supposed to get them, etc. then you may have ventured off a bit far into the future and ended up skipping all of the events. Most, if not all, of those events will not re-play themselves. If that's the reason that you're stuck, then we cannot help. You'll have to restart the game.

This also includes cheats for winning the gyms, creating an event that is supposed to happen in the future. Tons of stuff. I can't pinpoint the problem for you but you'll have to think about the cheats that you used. Maybe you messed with other codes while trying to have more Masterballs?

that does make a lot of sense what you 're saying...and that is probably what happened...
    I guess I must have done something wrong with that cheat so it messed up my game :-(
    I 've spend days now trying to find out what is wrong and I can't think of anything else
    that sucks big time !
    thanks for the advice
    aaarggll I will restart and never ever use cheat again

lol, thats karma for you xD

Default Someone can help me to know my secret id?

hello well i would like to know how to use the rng. I already have the calibration phase, but i dont have my secret id, and i heard a few options like use the ir-gts. pokesav, and the shiny method, but i dont use pokesav, i cant run ir-gts, and i didnt catch a wild shiny pokemon just the gyaradors and he is already in my white version. and another option is use a japonese website, but the link doesnt work...!

so anyone can helpme with it? i offer a lucky egg, or if u need anyitem just let me know.

S.O.S

I use Soul silver

I hope you learned the lesson: cheating is never the way

Definantly. but the only way that your rival wouldn't be there was if you walked through walls..thats weird. better luck with your next file
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Question Shiny hunting

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

Currently hunting down a shiny Snorunt and Sneasel using the pokerader on my pearl. Has anyone got any advice for increasing the chances in chaining or other methods I could use?

Also, out of plain interest. What shiny pokemon have you found using these methods?

This would probs belong on the shiny chaining thread. anyways theres no specific way to increase sneasel or snorunt.. I'm actually chaining some right now, so yeah :P
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

I don't have platinum/diamond/pearl, but I will purchase platinum pretty soon. Anyway, in hg I captured a shiny zubat and pidgey, and in pokemon black I captured a shiny durant and lillipup. These have all been random, I also accidentally fainted a shiny hoot-hoot in hg but that happens to the best of us.

Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast