Page 138 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Torrterra888 View Post
    So, I've been looking around online, and I've seen people say that once PKRS is gone, it's gone, but I've also read that the smiley-face symbol means it's immune, but the effect is still there to gain double EVs. Which is true?
    Both are true, in a sense: After a couple of days, the PKRS virus is gone, meaning no other pokemon can be infected (which is desirable, obviously), instead it will have a smiley face symbol, this means that the doubling of EV's gained remains in effect. A trick to saving PKRS is to infect a pokemon (which i always name PKRSLAVE) and put it in your pc box. This way it'll keep the ability to infect other pokemon forever, just unbox it when you have a new pokemon caught, which you would like to infect, place them side by side in your team and battle with any of your pokes (between 3-10 hits, and the virus will have rubbed off on your new pokemon)!

Good luck!

Thanks Jefko! Didn't think about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    The only wonder Cards Available are the PBR Purchases.
    What wonder cards are available in pbr if I may ask?
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    Secret Gift (Pikachu with Surf/Surfing Pikachu), Shocking Secret Gift (Electivire), and Heated Secret Gift (Magmortar)

PBR = Pokemon Battle Revolution.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Secret Gift (Pikachu with Surf/Surfing Pikachu), Shocking Secret Gift (Electivire), and Heated Secret Gift (Magmortar)

PBR = Pokemon Battle Revolution.
    And these items: http://serebii.net/battle/items.shtml

I Should point out that Many of the berries are impossible to get in the games without either buying them from the Gamecube games, or beating the Battle frontier in Emerald. Leichi was only found in a nearly impossible to find of island in RSE.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Torrterra888 View Post
    So, I've been looking around online, and I've seen people say that once PKRS is gone, it's gone, but I've also read that the smiley-face symbol means it's immune, but the effect is still there to gain double EVs. Which is true?

And I just maxed my Growlieth's speed EVs, and he's only around level 12. I want to do attack now, but I know he's not leveled to do it effectivley. If I stick him in the day care for a bit, will his EVs be affected?

Thanks in advance!
    http://www.serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml

On top of this, I believe if you keep your Pokemon outside of your PC box w/ PKRS past midnight in your game, PKRS will turn into the smiley face. It still gains the x2 EVs though.

Also, concerning your Growlithe, since a PKMN in the daycare doesn't do any battles with other PKMN, it does not gain any EV points. However, may I suggest an EXP share? If you give a PKMN an exp share and you battle with another PKMN, the PKMN with the exp share still gets the EVs and the EXP.

Isn't the EV gain of pokemon holding an EXP share only possible when the pokemon you're battling with has maxed EVS? Though, by the time you get to Solaceon Town, that is probably the case.

A Pokémon will gain all the EVs from a battle as long it gains Experience, and still can receive EVs in the stats the opponent gives.

Going to merge this with the Help thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

On platinum where the trophy garden is u can beat 5 maids and you have to beat them in a certain amount of turns .what I want to know is what do you win if you do it in the correct amount of turns?

On platinum where the trophy garden is u can beat 5 maids and you have to beat them in a certain amount of turns .what I want to know is what do you win if you do it in the correct amount of turns?
    The prize for winning the challenge is a battle with either Lady Celeste or Rich Boy Liam.

If you use Thief on the Pokemon they send out, you can get a Rare Candy though.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    The prize for winning the challenge is a battle with either Lady Celeste or Rich Boy Liam.

If you use Thief on the Pokemon they send out, you can get a Rare Candy though.
    Abit pointless then aint it really.I thought it would of been something good

I believe those trainers got a Blissey though, so that's quite a lot of exp.
    I claimed Machoke in the Official Claim a Pokémon thread.
    And I unofficially claim Shizui/Marlon and Brawly.

I need a solid Flyer for my Platinum team. Preferably not Staraptor, I used him recently.

Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    I need a solid Flyer for my Platinum team. Preferably not Staraptor, I used him recently.

Recommendations?
    Crobat would be the next best, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Crobat would be the next best, IMO.
    I was considering him, but I'm not looking forward to the tough grind with Zubat. Ugh

Oh well I guess I'll use him.

Default Yanma/Yanmega

Would Yanmega be good If i was to IV Bred for a 31 Sp att/ spd Yanma for EV Training? In other words, Would Yanmega be a good EV'd Pokemon.

And just another Random Question, Could you generally EV train any pokemon?

FC: 1849-3800-6224 Platinum

Yanmega is a very good Pokemon, with 2 good abilities- Speed Boost and Tinted Lens. Electric types, Rock types and Stealth Rock are going to destroy it though.

and in answer to your second question, yes you can EV train absolutely any pokemon provided it has not gained any exp
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

The question is, Do people actually trade for the not so standard EV trained pokemon.

FC: 1849-3800-6224 Platinum

I have a dumb question and hopefully it's in the right place... I'm looking to start EV training and did some research on it but I want to make sure I don't screw it up my first run. I have a Gible with pokerus holding an Exp. Share while my Luxray battles Gyarados for attack EVs. My question is... if I don't keep track of how many Gyarados I battle (lost track actually) will the EVs be going to waste? I know a pokemon can only get 252 in each stat but I want to train it in speed also. So if I overbattled Gyarados' would I be taking potential EV's away from speed or will those EVs not be counted towards the 510 total once Gible has 252 in attack?

EDIT:
    To try to make this question a little clearer.... Say I need 42 battles to have max EV's in attack.... if I battle 45 times am I wasting EV's or just wasting my time?
    Last edited by Hydronus; 19th April 2012 at 8:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydronus View Post
    I have a dumb question and hopefully it's in the right place... I'm looking to start EV training and did some research on it but I want to make sure I don't screw it up my first run. I have a Gible with pokerus holding an Exp. Share while my Luxray battles Gyarados for attack EVs. My question is... if I don't keep track of how many Gyarados I battle (lost track actually) will the EVs be going to waste? I know a pokemon can only get 252 in each stat but I want to train it in speed also. So if I overbattled Gyarados' would I be taking potential EV's away from speed or will those EVs not be counted towards the 510 total once Gible has 252 in attack?

EDIT:
    To try to make this question a little clearer.... Say I need 42 battles to have max EV's in attack.... if I battle 45 times am I wasting EV's or just wasting my time?
    i believe that you can go up to 255 EVs in a stat. So if you did 255 Atk / 255 Spe you would have 3 extra EVs in attack, and 3 extra EVs in speed that wouldn't give you any gains.
    If you did 252 / 252, you'd be able to gain one point in one other stat with 4 of the leftover 6 EVs.
    So, yes you'd be wasting EVs, but those EVs would only amount to one point in one of the other stats.
    The EVs do cap off, so you dont have to worry about losing out on any speed EVs if you go over in your attack EV battles
    Hope that made sense =)
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 20th April 2012 at 9:31 PM.
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    i believe that you can go up to 255 EVs in a stat. So you did 255 Atk / 255 Spe would have 3 extra EVs in attack, and 3 extra EVs in speed that wouldn't give you any gains.
    If you did 252 / 252, you'd be able to gain one point in one other stat with 4 of the leftover 6 EVs.
    So, yes you'd be wasting EVs, but those EVs would only amount to one point in one of the other stats.
    The EVs do cap off, so you dont have to worry about losing out on any speed EVs if you go over in your attack EV battles
    Hope that made sense =)
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate your help.

What do you have to do for the GTS to give you 7 results when you do a search? I've noticed that it you do a GTS trade you'll get 5, but I've never been able to get it to give me 7.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    i believe that you can go up to 255 EVs in a stat. So if you did 255 Atk / 255 Spe you would have 3 extra EVs in attack, and 3 extra EVs in speed that wouldn't give you any gains.
    Hope that made sense =)
    The max is 255 a stat with a cap of 510 EVs total so you can only EV 2 stats with this method but a common method for people new to EV training is to do a 252/252/4 spread that total is 508 and 508<510 so you get more for less I guess. Hope this helps
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Page 138 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast