Page 145 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3785

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldaver View Post
    But that's merely a minigame of sorts in my eyes - in E you get Magma Cavern, Altering Cave, New safari Zone places, a Fossil Tunnel, Trainer Hill and Terra and Marina Cave.
    The Distortion World is in no way "merely a minigame".

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Ok so what about the Arceus pokemon? Do I have to also have either Diamond or Pearl to get Arceus or is Arceus in Platinum? Just asking since I don't want to be spending money on booth Platinum and either Diamond or Pearl just to have that Arceus

Um, I think you can get it in either DP or Platinum (the version doesn't matter). However, that doesn't change the fact that it's an event Pokemon. You're going to need the Azure Flute from an Arceus event to obtain one I'm afraid.
    Black Team:

Currently replaying Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    Ok so what about the Arceus pokemon? Do I have to also have either Diamond or Pearl to get Arceus or is Arceus in Platinum? Just asking since I don't want to be spending money on booth Platinum and either Diamond or Pearl just to have that Arceus
    You can get Arceus in either version - it makes no difference, save for one caveat, that being that it was given out only by event means, all of which are long inactive. You'd have to trade for one at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Focus Aipom View Post
    Um, I think you can get it in either DP or Platinum (the version doesn't matter). However, that doesn't change the fact that it's an event Pokemon. You're going to need the Azure Flute from an Arceus event to obtain one I'm afraid.
    The Azure Flute was never given out.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The Distortion World is in no way "merely a minigame".
    Seriously? what is there to achieve apart from a battle with Giratina? No other Pokemon, no...point really for a game you have to raise Pokemon. Then again I suppose it was the same as the place where Giratina loved in DP...
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

Seriously? what is there to achieve apart from a battle with Giratina? No other Pokemon, no...point really for a game you have to raise Pokemon. Then again I suppose it was the same as the place where Giratina loved in DP...
    What purpose did the Terra and Marine Caves serve aside from hiding places for their respective Legendaries? What purpose did the Altering Cave serve aside from being a location for some otherwise unavailable critters?

You see where I'm going with this. By your own definition, nearly all of the extra dungeons and locations you listed as upgrades for Emerald would be equally pointless.

-----
    Words to|live by

What purpose did the Terra and Marine Caves serve aside from hiding places for their respective Legendaries? What purpose did the Altering Cave serve aside from being a location for some otherwise unavailable critters?

You see where I'm going with this. By your own definition, nearly all of the extra dungeons and locations you listed as upgrades for Emerald would be equally pointless.
    Hmm, I fail to see your point. The Distortion World offered only A battle and Giratine - No other Pokemon. It also takes a while to complete, and with no normal trainers or wild Pokemon, Terra and Marine Caves are nearly the same, but just a lot quicker and less trivial. And the Altering Cave's purpose... you just said it. It has many new Pokemon inside, more than all the distortion world offers.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

You can fail to see my point all you want. Fact remains, to write off the Distortion World as a "minigame" simply isn't accurate.

-----
    Words to|live by

You can fail to see my point all you want. Fact remains, to write off the Distortion World as a "minigame" simply isn't accurate.
    I can say the the same to you: I have stated the Distortion world to be tedious, pointless and repetitive, and you have not replied with a suitable argument. B my reckoning a minigame is all the distortion world - it supplies no advantage to the player and is for people to go 'Yay, I solved it!' and you just drill on saying 'It is NOT a minigame!' and compared it to places in Emerald which do have a point - whether it be normal Pokemon to catch or trainers - Mariner and Terra cave are better 'versions' if it were of the distortion world - not repetitive but do what they are meant to - get you to the legendary quicker.

By all means you are free to prefer Platinum, just do not mislead people.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Default Pal Park - how and when do you get it?

Asking since I want to get Treecko in the game and to try to transfer it into Pokemon Black/White

By all means you are free to prefer Platinum, just do not mislead people.
    Seriously? Come on now.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    Asking since I want to get Treecko in the game and to try to transfer it into Pokemon Black/White
    Getting Pal Park, will require you to beat the Elite 4 in your 4th Gen game, and also get the National Dex From Professor Oak. How Obtain the National depends on the games in question, in DPPt Oak will only appear if you've seen every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex, In HGSS, you'll find Oak waiting for you at the Docks. Then you'll need to travel to the place where the Pal Park is. Then you can bring any Pokémon from the GBA games to your 4th Gen game.

But, to get a Pokémon to the 5th Gen, you kinda have to follow the same method, but in the 5th gen game.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default Manaphy to Phione?

Alright people, i have a Manaphy in Pokemon Pearl, yes i'm very happy... BUT:
    I know you can get a sort of Manaphy copy called Phione... Can anyone tell me how?
    Hi, i'm new here and i've never actually played 5th Gen Pokemon, so I don't really have an opinion on it, but to me, Diamond and Pearl was absolutely awesome.

My Pokemon Team:
    Typhlosion Lvl 100 Blastoise Lvl 100 Espeon LvL 99 Torterra Lvl 100 Luxray Lvl 100 Pidgeot Lvl 100

Also currently have every single possible Legendary Pokemon you can get in Pearl!

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_BIB View Post
    Alright people, i have a Manaphy in Pokemon Pearl, yes i'm very happy... BUT:
    I know you can get a sort of Manaphy copy called Phione... Can anyone tell me how?
    Breed it with a Ditto.
    http://zir1402.deviantart.com/
    3DS: 0576-4785-2902
    IGN: Fabio

Default ev training

hi i would like to ask if i win 4 diglets in soul silver speed will raise by 1 immediately?or probably on the next level?

Default Flygon Help!

I really want a flygon for my platinum game but I don't have either diamond or pearl. Is anyone willing to trade? Or is there somewhere in platinum I can see one or one of its pre evolutions so I can look in the GTS?

as far as i understand it, some of that takes place while leveling up, but you don't see the full benefits of EV stats until lvl 100.

So I have just a couple questions. I am power breeding charmander using the masuda method in hopes of getting a shiny.

my first question is: other than RNG, is there any helpful things to do to increase odds of a shiny. Such as certain times, places, things to do, that will make the chance of it being shiny go up? I think not, but i figured I would ask, i just don't want to RNG

second question: since I am going through sooo many charmanders (almost 200 as of yet), i just keep releasing a lot of them, but is there some certain ones to keep an eye out for for other trade fodder? how can i tell if it is hatched flawless> i see some with 6 in all stats and 12 hp. what about natures?
    or for the most part, just release them all to make things easy?

thanks
    SS team:

in gen V I want Meloetta
        Spoiler:- What I have for trade:

Quote Originally Posted by marougas View Post
    hi i would like to ask if i win 4 diglets in soul silver speed will raise by 1 immediately?or probably on the next level?
    The Effort value effect may be shown when you next Level up, assuming you've got not enough EV to already increase the stats already.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgan9835 View Post
    I really want a flygon for my platinum game but I don't have either diamond or pearl. Is anyone willing to trade? Or is there somewhere in platinum I can see one or one of its pre evolutions so I can look in the GTS?
    Try Route 228, the is a "Dragon Trainer" that has the Prevos: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sinn...ml#trainers-pt

Quote Originally Posted by phantom16 View Post
    So I have just a couple questions. I am power breeding charmander using the masuda method in hopes of getting a shiny.

my first question is: other than RNG, is there any helpful things to do to increase odds of a shiny. Such as certain times, places, things to do, that will make the chance of it being shiny go up? I think not, but i figured I would ask, i just don't want to RNG

second question: since I am going through sooo many charmanders (almost 200 as of yet), i just keep releasing a lot of them, but is there some certain ones to keep an eye out for for other trade fodder? how can i tell if it is hatched flawless> i see some with 6 in all stats and 12 hp. what about natures?
    or for the most part, just release them all to make things easy?

thanks
    Besides using BW2, I don't think so or one that I can remember..

Sorry for Merging your apparent Double post.. It was a result of a thread Merger, not your fault.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I've been playing at the game cirner, but where can you buy things with the coins, I can't find anyone in there....

Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post
    I've been playing at the game cirner, but where can you buy things with the coins, I can't find anyone in there....
    The house right next to the Game Corner is where you get your prizes.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Thanks Hydrohs.

I want to get a shiny manaphy I know that you can

get it from the game I send it to and I know if you send it to another

game it'll have 1 in 8192 chance.

my question is does the chance change if I send to another game back and foreword

for example I got it in pokemon pearl and I trade it to platinum then I send it between

platinum and heart gold back and foreword does the chance change every time I send it

or the chance get set from the first time I send it to a different game and can't be changed

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

Whether the critter is shiny or not is locked in as soon as you transfer it to a Generation IV core title from whichever Ranger title you're using. Bouncing it between game titles has the same effect on it in regards to being shiny as it would on any other Pokémon, which is none at all.

-----
    Words to|live by

Default Help me please?

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE COMMENTING!

Hey guys. A couple of months ago on my Heart Gold save I started EV training my Dragonair. I didn't really plan on choosing a competitive move-set or anything, I don't know the IVs and I think I gave it some pretty strange EVs, but they should still make sense and be recognisable.

The problem I'm having is remembering if I finished training him or not. I'm expecting 252 in Special Attack and at least 120 in Attack, but I'm honestly not sure. His stats are:

Attack: 88
    Defense: 56
    Sp. Atk: 93
    Sp. Defense: 54
    Speed: 74
    HP: 105

He's level 38, has a rash nature and his characteristic is "Likes to run".

Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. I've looked for the past 2 days all over the internet but I can't find the help I need. If any of you could give me some rough numbers for the EVs that this guy has I'll be really grateful. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChasBas View Post
    PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE COMMENTING!

Hey guys. A couple of months ago on my Heart Gold save I started EV training my Dragonair. I didn't really plan on choosing a competitive move-set or anything, I don't know the IVs and I think I gave it some pretty strange EVs, but they should still make sense and be recognisable.

The problem I'm having is remembering if I finished training him or not. I'm expecting 252 in Special Attack and at least 120 in Attack, but I'm honestly not sure. His stats are:

Attack: 88
    Defense: 56
    Sp. Atk: 93
    Sp. Defense: 54
    Speed: 74
    HP: 105

He's level 38, has a rash nature and his characteristic is "Likes to run".

Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. I've looked for the past 2 days all over the internet but I can't find the help I need. If any of you could give me some rough numbers for the EVs that this guy has I'll be really grateful. Thanks!
    If you don't know the IVs theres no way to figure out the EVs. You'll have t o use EV reducing berries to wipe all the EVs and start over
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Page 145 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast