Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

I've looked around a few places online, including this forum, but I can't find an answer to my query... The only thing I haven't done is check every 147 pages of this thread! Xp But hopefully someone should be able to clear this up for me.
    Re-playing Platinum, first time in at least a year and then some. The problem I'm having is that I can't find Roxy & Oli anywhere. They're the two "interviewers" who, in Platinum, can be found in various Pokecenters around the region. They weren't at Jubilife, they weren't at Oreburgh or Floaroma (don't remember them ever being there anyway though) and they aren't at Eterna either. Starting to get a little concerned, I'm sure I remember them just being there to battle in previous playthroughs. Is there something I need to do to "activate" them? It's not really a gamebreaker but it's a little worrying.

Note: The Bulbapedia states that on Saturdays they should be at Eterna city.

Quote Originally Posted by DjangoCribbs View Post
    I've looked around a few places online, including this forum, but I can't find an answer to my query... The only thing I haven't done is check every 147 pages of this thread! Xp But hopefully someone should be able to clear this up for me.
    Re-playing Platinum, first time in at least a year and then some. The problem I'm having is that I can't find Roxy & Oli anywhere. They're the two "interviewers" who, in Platinum, can be found in various Pokecenters around the region. They weren't at Jubilife, they weren't at Oreburgh or Floaroma (don't remember them ever being there anyway though) and they aren't at Eterna either. Starting to get a little concerned, I'm sure I remember them just being there to battle in previous playthroughs. Is there something I need to do to "activate" them? It's not really a gamebreaker but it's a little worrying.

If you've change your DS clock, trainers like Roxy and Oli may stay where they are until after a day is over. Just Save and wait it out.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    If you've change your DS clock, trainers like Roxy and Oli may stay where they are until after a day is over. Just Save and wait it out.
    Odd... I did change it a couple of days ago, as it was an hour behind. But I'm pretty sure that was before I started this particular playthrough. Still, I'll bear that in mind and keep an eye on it, hopefully they'll catch up to me.

BUMP EDIT
    So the problem has persisted somewhat. It was a few days ago that I changed the DS internal clock and Roxy & Oli still aren't showing anywhere, nor are any of the other Pokecenter trainers. Further, characters such as Cameron the Photographer on SS are not showing up either.
    Did some more looking in other corners of the internet and the best I can find as far as info goes basically repeats what Nutter said as well as saying that it should fix itself. Well, it doesn't seem to be. So, has anyone actually had this issue before and how did they deal with it?

Further complication... Drifloon still shows up at Valley Windworks on Friday... Inconsistent...
    Last edited by DjangoCribbs; 30th June 2013 at 2:31 PM.

Odd... I did change it a couple of days ago, as it was an hour behind. But I'm pretty sure that was before I started this particular playthrough. Still, I'll bear that in mind and keep an eye on it, hopefully they'll catch up to me.

BUMP EDIT
    So the problem has persisted somewhat. It was a few days ago that I changed the DS internal clock and Roxy & Oli still aren't showing anywhere, nor are any of the other Pokecenter trainers. Further, characters such as Cameron the Photographer on SS are not showing up either.
    Did some more looking in other corners of the internet and the best I can find as far as info goes basically repeats what Nutter said as well as saying that it should fix itself. Well, it doesn't seem to be. So, has anyone actually had this issue before and how did they deal with it?

Further complication... Drifloon still shows up at Valley Windworks on Friday... Inconsistent...
    Are you always using the same DS, and have you saved after the time change?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm not sure if anyone else thought about this, but I believe the pokémon center trainers only spawn after you have either reached Hearthome or beaten Fantina. I don't remember which one activates them, but I do know that I have never found them until after I've reached Hearthome (which I usually beat Fantina close to that time).

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else thought about this, but I believe the pokémon center trainers only spawn after you have either reached Hearthome or beaten Fantina. I don't remember which one activates them, but I do know that I have never found them until after I've reached Hearthome (which I usually beat Fantina close to that time).
    Interesting... Thanks for the feedback, can anyone else confirm this?
    The one that still puzzles me is the photographer in Silver. Sundays are meant to find him waiting around the north exit of the Ruins of Alph. But he ain't there... And I'm certain you don't have to do anything to "trigger" his appearances.

Default A shiny wobbuffet

I was wondering if anyone knew of a guarantee way to get a shiny female wobbuffet.
    I'm looking for one for my generation 2 team.

I thought of channing but then the gender might be wrong. (I'm picky with genders)
    Any help I'd really appreciate.
    FC: 3067-5209-9763

Spoiler:- My Regional Teams:

There isn't a really 100% certain method way to get Female Shiny Wobbuffet.

However in DPPt, the PokéRadar is needed to find a Wobbuffet, and one of the best tools to get one is the PokéRadar. Once you get a chain to Level 40, you'll the Chance of getting a shiny is increased from 1 in 8192 to 1 in ~200 for as long as the chain is going. However it is not easy keeping a chain for that long.

If you can't or don't want to, the Masuda method can be more reliable method, but a lower chance than the Radar at 1 in ~1639.

Merging with the Questions thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

[QUOTE=§¤ĽLukeĽ¤§;16131643]I was wondering if anyone knew of a guarantee way to get a shiny female wobbuffet.
    I'm looking for one for my generation 2 team.
    /QUOTE]

You could trade for one; many people trade for shinies in the wifi section

Can I maximize one Pokemon's contest stats by feeding that Pokemon multiple mild pokeblocks obtained by repeatedly restarting another d/p/pt and talking to the guy in the contest hall?

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

This is a bit of a silly question, but that Pokeball/item above Lucas' head seen at the top of this page: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sinn...eonruins.shtml ; that item isn't there in Diamond and Pearl, correct? I know there are some other item differences in the Ruins between D/P and Platinum but I cannot remember.
    Also Brawly rank-up
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    This is a bit of a silly question, but that Pokeball/item above Lucas' head seen at the top of this page: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sinn...eonruins.shtml ; that item isn't there in Diamond and Pearl, correct? I know there are some other item differences in the Ruins between D/P and Platinum but I cannot remember.
    Also Brawly rank-up
    It was in Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    It was in Diamond
    Are you sure? A lot of the videos I've seen of D/P (but none really state if they've been in the ruins before) don't have an item there.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    Are you sure? A lot of the videos I've seen of D/P (but none really state if they've been in the ruins before) don't have an item there.
    Might have been mistaken then. Sorry it's been awhile since I played

Default After The Elite 4 (Pearl)

OMG Rotom!! In the mansion.... thanks for the reply. I'm just editing this rather than creating an entirely new post.
    Because I am about to create an entirely new post. I hope its ok. Its kind of drastically different, so I don't think just typing or editing it all here would work.
    Is there anything I should know before trying to see or catch Rotom?

Hi. I beat the Elite 4 in Pearl a few days ago - first off, this is my first ever Pokemon game so I cant say I know all that much about anything. I have 2 questions:
    #1 I was wandering around trying to figure out what to do with myself lol & I ended up in Eterna Forest. One of the gym leaders was standing there right outside the entrance to the mansion and I cannot remember what he or she said, or even who it was! But.... they told me to do something. Probably in the mansion. So I went into the mansion but didn't really see anything at all out of the ordinary. Anybody know?

The other thing I wanted to ask - I cant find exactly the right place to ask a question about chaining. I am sort of figuring it out now & was wondering if someone could just tell me 1 or 2 simple facts about it - I saw a couple of random websites regarding it but omg they were VERY over-inundated with info. Like... there were just paragraphs & paragraphs of facts & opinions & whatnot!

Really, I just want to know what sorts of things I should NOT do - like, what might interrupt my chain and that sort of thing. Knowing what not to do might help. I didn't want to mention this but shoot. I might as well get used to it - I have a brain injury & it affects my short term memory. As it is, typing this post is taking me about half an hour because I keep forgetting exactly what I'm trying to say. (In the hospital they used to call me 50 First Dates. Har har. But TBH, my memory can be extremely bad. What they show on TV is quite exaggerated & different from how it really is tho)
    I try REALLY hard to make sure I'm not being annoying with asking repeat questions - which is why I meticulously write everything down. Including notes on this game. Plus, my 14 year old son is playing Diamond right now - although since I picked up Pearl, suddenly he's lost interest LMBO. So I bug him a lot with questions on stuff to remember.
    Last edited by YaelleG; 12th August 2013 at 3:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YaelleG View Post
    Hi. I beat the Elite 4 in Pearl a few days ago - first off, this is my first ever Pokemon game so I cant say I know all that much about anything. I have 2 questions:
    #1 I was wandering around trying to figure out what to do with myself lol & I ended up in Eterna Forest. One of the gym leaders was standing there right outside the entrance to the mansion and I cannot remember what he or she said, or even who it was! But.... they told me to do something. Probably in the mansion. So I went into the mansion but didn't really see anything at all out of the ordinary. Anybody know?

The other thing I wanted to ask - I cant find exactly the right place to ask a question about chaining. I am sort of figuring it out now & was wondering if someone could just tell me 1 or 2 simple facts about it - I saw a couple of random websites regarding it but omg they were VERY over-inundated with info. Like... there were just paragraphs & paragraphs of facts & opinions & whatnot!

Really, I just want to know what sorts of things I should NOT do - like, what might interrupt my chain and that sort of thing. Knowing what not to do might help. I didn't want to mention this but shoot. I might as well get used to it - I have a brain injury & it affects my short term memory. As it is, typing this post is taking me about half an hour because I keep forgetting exactly what I'm trying to say. (In the hospital they used to call me 50 First Dates. Har har. But TBH, my memory can be extremely bad. What they show on TV is quite exaggerated & different from how it really is tho)
    I try REALLY hard to make sure I'm not being annoying with asking repeat questions - which is why I meticulously write everything down. Including notes on this game. Plus, my 14 year old son is playing Diamond right now - although since I picked up Pearl, suddenly he's lost interest LMBO. So I bug him a lot with questions on stuff to remember.
    In the mansion at night you can catch Rotom.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to breed a Skarmory to have Brave Bird, Drill Peck and Sky Attack in Diamond. I know all of those moves are flying type and I don't plan to keep all of them but I have never used any of these moves and I am not sure which move I would prefer. I would like to be able to do this without using the move tutor. Right now I have a fearow with drill peck, a Noctowl with Sky Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacinda View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to breed a Skarmory to have Brave Bird, Drill Peck and Sky Attack in Diamond. I know all of those moves are flying type and I don't plan to keep all of them but I have never used any of these moves and I am not sure which move I would prefer. I would like to be able to do this without using the move tutor. Right now I have a fearow with drill peck, a Noctowl with Sky Attack.
    While you can get Brave Bird, Drill Peck or Sky Attack as a Egg move on a Skarmory, but there is Pokémon that can learn all 3 that can breed with a Female Skamory.

There IS a way to get two of the three movesas there is Sky Attack Move Tutor in HGSS in the Battle Fronter.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I have a bunch of questions again - dare I say oodles? - and wanted to stick em all in one spot maybe somebody could just pick at them here & there if you know an answer? (Can you tell I just came out of a bad relationship with another forum? LOL I'm like, afraid to breathe wrong or misspell a word (which wouldn't happen anyway...) or God forbid post something in slightly the wrong place. Seriously. I might just be traumatized. I didn't get banned or anything, it was just the FEAR of the wrath of their sharp blades reigning down upon me...!

Ok so I finished Pearl, storyline-wise. I got Diamond but am not playing, like, at all....and I even have become fanatic enough to where I bought a DS Lite to replace the blasted DS Lite that Gamestop talked me into trading in for credit toward my DSi, which was a massive ripoff. So in a few days I will once again have a GBA slot and not have to sit around waiting for the chance to catch my 14 year old when he's not in a crappy mood to try to ask him to help me evolve things.

Random question #1. Arceus was in Pearl at some point, if I remember correctly. Is there any way to capture him??

Random #2. I have a level 11 Nincada. Probably picked it up on the pokeradar. I read somewhere that it evolves into 1 of 2 things but that you must have an empty space in your party and a Pokeball..? What the heck is that about?

Randumb #3. What do *you* normally do as far as keeping Pokes in your PC without either totally hoarding but also to not have to give up ones that you want? I wanted to try to have 1 of each Pokemon + its evolved form but I'm thinking there may not be enough space. But I really don't know. Like for instance, if I want to keep an Abra AND a Kadabra AND an Alakazam.... that sort of thing only times a few hundred.... do the games set aside that sort of space? I think I'd freak out if I had to just give away or delete lots of Pokemon bec. of room. Is there any 1 game that would let you really, truly "catch them all"?

Random #4. Edited a minute after posting because I just remembered!
    I have a Reaper Cloth and Tiny Mushrooms...can NOT figure out who they go to. Even using google! Help?

#5.
    There are areas in Pearl that I can NOT find/get to!!! Should I ask about that somewhere else? Is here ok? Just in case here it is, and if not, lmk I will take a black Sharpie to my laptop screen & cover that part up. I spent ridunculous amounts of time trying to find that and also Stark Mountain. Its possible I may have been to Stark Mountain before but I cannot find my way there now!
    Last edited by YaelleG; 12th August 2013 at 4:27 PM.

1. Only through a event which we US people never got.
    I think there is a wsy to glitch it but it is risky.
    2. It evolves into Ninjask no matter what. To get Shedinja though you must have a open slot in your team and have a spare poke ball.
    3. You can buy Pokemon Ranch on the Wii and store them on that.
    4. Reaper cloth is given to Dusknoir so he'll evolve through trading.
    5. Do you mean the territory near Stark or just Stark?
    You must have seen all Sinnoh Pokemon in order to explore the rest of that area.

1. Only through a event which we US people never got.
    Actually, the US did get an Arceus event back in late 2009. However, the event simply distributed the actual Pokémon to your game instead of the Azure Flute. Speaking of the Azure Flute, that item was never distributed in any region (including Japan).

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by YaelleG View Post
    I have a bunch of questions again - dare I say oodles?
    Random #4. Edited a minute after posting because I just remembered!
    I have a Reaper Cloth and Tiny Mushrooms...can NOT figure out who they go to. Even using google! Help?
    The Reaper Cloth is a hold item for Dusclops, and when you trade the said Dusclops, it'll evolve into Dusknoir. The Tiny Mushrooms aren't for any Pokemon (though they are the mushrooms on the back of Paras), and they are used for selling off. I think there might be a Collector who buys them from you, otherwise you could just sell them at a PokeMart.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Ive heard the same thing

NUZLOCKES/Poke-VIDs and MORE@ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGp7XdS6bZnKBiHGZmN52gA

Hey guys,

My friend recently lost my Pokemon Platinum game and I'm going to get a new one. However, I have had A LOT of bad experiences of purchasing fake Pokemon GBA games. Is there a massive risk of me getting a fake DS game if I buy it off the Internet or should it be OK? I'm going for a Preowned game as well to save funds. Should I be ok or should I be cautious when buying games. In addition would there be any way to tell if a game is fake or not?

Thank you in advance. I apologise if this is in the wrong place.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    Hey guys,

My friend recently lost my Pokemon Platinum game and I'm going to get a new one. However, I have had A LOT of bad experiences of purchasing fake Pokemon GBA games. Is there a massive risk of me getting a fake DS game if I buy it off the Internet or should it be OK? I'm going for a Preowned game as well to save funds. Should I be ok or should I be cautious when buying games. In addition would there be any way to tell if a game is fake or not?

Thank you in advance. I apologise if this is in the wrong place.
    There's a greater risk buying online, if you really can't buy one instore just stick with reputable sellers on eBay or Amazon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152 LastLast