Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There's a greater risk buying online, if you really can't buy one instore just stick with reputable sellers on eBay or Amazon.
    Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. What my question is is Do fake DS games exist and how can you spot if one is fake or not?
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. What my question is is Do fake DS games exist and how can you spot if one is fake or not?
    Absolutely they exist, it'll be almost impossible to tell from pictures though. Especially because there's a good chance someone selling a fake wont use a real picture of the cart you're getting. They typically have cheap labels.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Absolutely they exist, it'll be almost impossible to tell from pictures though. Especially because there's a good chance someone selling a fake wont use a real picture of the cart you're getting. They typically have cheap labels.
    Thank you very much for your help. I may see if I can get it from a game store then as that seems like a much more reliable way to go.

In the Wi-Fi Battle Tower, can you rank up by facing the previous room you just lost to, or do you have to log into Wi-Fi and pick a different room to rank up? I'm asking because there seems to be a one use limit for each of the rooms.

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

Hi everyone! I'm new here so please forgive me if this should be posted elsewhere in the forum.

As the title of my thread suggests, I'm trying to breed my Male Dratini on Pokemon Platinum. I got it on Soulsilver and transferred it across to Platinum as it's the main game that I use, and have always done my breeding on Platinum.

Like i said, Dratini is male and knows extreme speed which is half the battle, right?

I want a Dratini to have an Adamant nature for when I EV train it, so I put a Ditto (Adamant) holding an ever stone along with my Dratini (Calm) into the day care centre. I received a few eggs, and when they hatched, I found that none of them learned extreme speed yet they all came out with Adamant nature.

Where am I going wrong with this??? Does my Dratini have to be Dragonite before it can pass a move on, or is Dratini capable?? From what I've read, I assumed i'm not doing anything wrong??

I appreciate and look forward to your replies!:-)

UPDATE: I've done a little further reading, and it appears that this can only be done on heart gold/soulsilver? Typical! Will have to trade back to silver. Nevermind!
    Last edited by bobandbill; 15th September 2013 at 7:46 AM. Reason: double post merge

Merged your thread with the Questions thread sticky; as stuff in there in future please. Also note that double posting is against the rules, so just stick to using the edit button instead or wait for someone else to post first.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Hey guys, I've been playing Platinum and just got up to the Valley Windworks and Drifloon WILL NOT APPEAR! I've looked it up everywhere and I've defeated Team Galactic, changed the time to day and even fast-forwarded to the the next Friday and he just won't appear. What am I doing wrong?

Hey guys, I've been playing Platinum and just got up to the Valley Windworks and Drifloon WILL NOT APPEAR! I've looked it up everywhere and I've defeated Team Galactic, changed the time to day and even fast-forwarded to the the next Friday and he just won't appear. What am I doing wrong?
    If you changed the date, then that's probably why it won't appear. I'm pretty sure the game detects changes to the clock and the penalty is that Drifloon won't appear until the next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    If you changed the date, then that's probably why it won't appear. I'm pretty sure the game detects changes to the clock and the penalty is that Drifloon won't appear until the next Friday.
    You see I thought it might be that but in HG, I manipulated the hell out of the clock to set up gym leader rematches to train my Pokemon and it worked! In addition on B2, a while ago, I manipulated the clock so I could get it to be Winter (so I could catch Cubchoo) and that worked as well. Is this limitation exclusive to DPP?

ETA: I tried to find Drifloon a couple of times before I changed the DS time but on both occasions, it didn't work. If it helps, I beat Team Galactic today and did it well after the daytime.

You see I thought it might be that but in HG, I manipulated the hell out of the clock to set up gym leader rematches to train my Pokemon and it worked! In addition on B2, a while ago, I manipulated the clock so I could get it to be Winter (so I could catch Cubchoo) and that worked as well. Is this limitation exclusive to DPP?

ETA: I tried to find Drifloon a couple of times before I changed the DS time but on both occasions, it didn't work. If it helps, I beat Team Galactic today and did it well after the daytime.
    The effect of time changes were changed with HG/SS, you could set the clock to 11:59 and when the day rolled over everything would work normally. In D/P/P you need to wait 24 hours after changing the time for any time based events to work again. Make sure you save after your time change, then wait 24 hours and everything will be normal again.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Default How do I trade for Pokemon I haven't encountered?

I'm trying to trade for Gen I and II pokemon, but the option isn't there! Is there any way to get them without meeting them first, like wifi battling?

Fo trade: lv 100lv 100 ev trainedshiny event
    Stuff I want: legit shinies. IDC if they're cloned, just as long as they're legit.

You cannot request a Pokémon on the GTS that you haven't encountered in-game. Wi-Fi battles don't count.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Spelonberry View Post
    I'm trying to trade for Gen I and II pokemon, but the option isn't there! Is there any way to get them without meeting them first, like wifi battling?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You cannot request a Pokémon on the GTS that you haven't encountered in-game. Wi-Fi battles don't count.
    Trading with other players does not have this restriction. As long as the other player has the Pokémon you want, and willing to trade it, there is nothing in the games preventing you after the first gym.

We have a Trade forum for this purpose: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...54-Trade-Forum
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

i need an arceus can anyone help me my friend code is 2495 6427 5614

Quote Originally Posted by pokefanjon View Post
    i need an arceus can anyone help me my friend code is 2495 6427 5614
    Try here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...54-Trade-Forum

We're not keen on having people trying to arrange Trades in the Help thread.

Given that Arceus in 4th Gen was given out in 2009 and 2010, there may be few legitmate Arceus available for trade.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

My Wifi isn't working on my Diamond. I tried going into the GTS and it's saying Connection Error and I need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur3 View Post
    My Wifi isn't working on my Diamond. I tried going into the GTS and it's saying Connection Error and I need help.
    Testing at the current Moment, 4th gen GTS is still up.

1. What's the Error code? This would help alot as it will say what is wrong with it.

2. Are you connected to a WEP or open Wifi Network? If you don't know what type you are connected, don't worry to much. But If you are not connected to either a open or WEP wifi network, this is the cause of wifi failure.

3. Have registered your Wifi settings on your DS?

4. On the 3DS line and DSi Line have the ability to turn off wireless, You'll need to exit the game and turn it back on. 3DS & 3DS XL- Flick the switch on the right side, until the yellow light should turn on. DSi & DSi XL - Head to DSi settings, and then Wireless Communications on screen 1, then make sure it's on.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Default need help rnging eggs in pearl

i've been following this guy's guide:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fWOOYLsA_g but i keep getting no reasonable initial seed found. please check your time and date. help?!?!?
    my beautiful shinies that i obtained myself!
    MMing:
    Wild Encounter(shiny charm):
    Traded: s/f s/f s/f ;633; ;535;
    Event shiny:
    If I have traded you a hacked pokemon then tell me immediately and I will trade it back, no questions asked. I no not accept trade backs after a day has passed. Black 2 fc: 2409 6868 9361 ps. i can only trade during weekens unless its a holiday/school break

Merged your question with the Help thread sticky.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

can someone please tell me how to remove ball capsules? i got one from gts. so i go on the pc then go the ball capsule then wtf do i do? all i see are empty balls... i click edit then confirm but nothing happens. soo frustated PLEASE HELP!
    my beautiful shinies that i obtained myself!
    MMing:
    Wild Encounter(shiny charm):
    Traded: s/f s/f s/f ;633; ;535;
    Event shiny:
    If I have traded you a hacked pokemon then tell me immediately and I will trade it back, no questions asked. I no not accept trade backs after a day has passed. Black 2 fc: 2409 6868 9361 ps. i can only trade during weekens unless its a holiday/school break

Default Playing Platinum for the first time. What should I do in the beginning?

Such as whatever was new and creative when Platinum was released in stores a few years back.

What are some of the stuff I should fiddle around with in the game before plowing through the game?

Quote Originally Posted by alexfirefist6 View Post
    can someone please tell me how to remove ball capsules? i got one from gts. so i go on the pc then go the ball capsule then wtf do i do? all i see are empty balls... i click edit then confirm but nothing happens. soo frustated PLEASE HELP!
    On the PC, in Ball Capsules, click on the ones that have the Pokémon Icons with them, you can then select Remove.

If rhey're not there, they're removed.

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    Such as whatever was new and creative when Platinum was released in stores a few years back.

What are some of the stuff I should fiddle around with in the game before plowing through the game?
    The WiFi Club, some new music and slightly different plot like Cyrus at Lake Verity, snow at Twinleaf Town, and some other stuff.

For the most part, it's the same, and there aren't many new gimmicks other than the ones I staed above.

Hi, I'm wondering if there are any Pokemon exclusive to Platinum that aren't already in Diamond and Pearl? Just Giratina?

I tried searching for the word exclusive in the thread search but it didn't work (posts came up without the word at all, very confusing).

Quote Originally Posted by Conza View Post
    Hi, I'm wondering if there are any Pokemon exclusive to Platinum that aren't already in Diamond and Pearl? Just Giratina?

I tried searching for the word exclusive in the thread search but it didn't work (posts came up without the word at all, very confusing).
    http://www.serebii.net/platinum/exclusives.shtml

With the dual-slot Gengar thing, do you need the national dex to do this or not?
    My X & Y team so far.
    Add me: 2165-6111-4292 and PM me your friend code!

Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152 LastLast