Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 3765

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Bank wont destroy it, you just wont be able to transfer it at all.
    So you can't transfer hacked pokemon from 4 Gen to 5 Gen?
    Pokédex Progress ( 124 | 96 | 93 | 382 )
    Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )
    PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshii View Post
    So you can't transfer hacked pokemon from 4 Gen to 5 Gen?
    It really depends on the hack. Some fakes will be prevented, but almost all will go though. Gen 5 to Gen 6 is different, more hacks are blocked.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

So I've got Pokemon Sapphire & Leaf Green along with a DS Lite today.
    And I have a problem; I inserted Sapphire into the GBA slot and I'm supposed to make Lotad appear on Route 203 (as stated in the Platinum guide book) and I keep moving in grassy areas and on water, but doesn't happen.
    Do they appear in one specific spot? Or is it just a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyKirby View Post
    And I have a problem; I inserted Sapphire into the GBA slot and I'm supposed to make Lotad appear on Route 203 (as stated in the Platinum guide book) and I keep moving in grassy areas and on water, but doesn't happen.
    Have you obtained the National Pokédex yet? I don't think Lotad will appear until you have the National 'Dex.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyKirby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    Have you obtained the National Pokédex yet? I don't think Lotad will appear until you have the National 'Dex.
    That's correct, mostly.

Actually, "Dual Slot" pokémon, such as Lotad on Route 203, won't appear until you Unlock Pal Park. To Unlock Pal park, you need to Get the national Dex and Beat the Elite 4, and Visit the building on Route 221.

I should point out that, switching DSes or chaining the clock, have been said prevent the "Dual Slot" Pokémon showing for a day. It will stop you using transferring Pokémon from the GBA games to the Pal Park.

Finally, "fake" GBA games won't be recognised by the DS games.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    I do have the National Dex. But this is really trying my patience!

Quote Originally Posted by bob1689321 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked all ready.
    i have a gallade level 23 with maxed EVs. if i use an exp share to level it up will it not gain as much stats. im asking because one of my friends said that pokemon you level up yourself get better stats than pokemon you use an exp share for. is this true because i dont want a gallade with bad stats.
    Hey bob1689321,

Using the exp. share on your Gallade will only give it exp. points, and will not affect stat growth adversely, since you have already maxed out its EVs. How many exp points it receives in comparison to the pokemon holding the exp. share depends on the game generation.

Check out Bulbapedia's page concerning experience-sharing items for more information. I cannot provide a link because I have less than 10 posts, but the page is called "Experience-affecting item".

Default Pokemon Platinum - what is a good place to level up before the 8th Badge?

Before I head to the 8th Gym, I have to deal with the Liftveil Team Galactic HQ place.

Just wondering what other good place there is to level up pokemon?

Sorry buddy I would've said Iron Island as it has a mega ton of pokemon and I'd also say catch a Yanma with compoundeyes from the safari zone then try to catch a chansey with a lucky egg.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Default Lottery

Yo

Well trying to get a second masterball in platinum to transfer to my heartgold game. But it keep saying everyday for the past few days that I have to come back tomorrow? Its getting ridiculous. Why is this happening and how do u fix it ? I save after starting and checking the lottery..

Quote Originally Posted by foxx69 View Post
    Yo

Well trying to get a second masterball in platinum to transfer to my heartgold game. But it keep saying everyday for the past few days that I have to come back tomorrow? Its getting ridiculous. Why is this happening and how do u fix it ? I save after starting and checking the lottery..
    Have you been changing the time on your DS or switching between two systems? Messing with the time can cause daily events to not happen for a bit. So if you've been changing the time, then stop and just wait 24 hours iirc and see if the daily events start up again.

If you haven't been changing the time in some way or if the problem persists, then I don't know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Have you been changing the time on your DS or switching between two systems? Messing with the time can cause daily events to not happen for a bit. So if you've been changing the time, then stop and just wait 24 hours iirc and see if the daily events start up again.

If you haven't been changing the time in some way or if the problem persists, then I don't know what's going on.
    My question has to do with this as well.. For quite some time.. More then a week.. The PokéCenter trainers weren't popping in, so to speak.. Note that I've only beaten Roark as of yet.

I've recently switched between my DS and 3DS, as the lid-screen broke and I find it extremely annoying to play on a DS with a broken lid.. And now I need to switch back sometimes if I want to trade between two systems.. As apparently, the wireless between a DS and a 3DS didn't sync (The 3DS Platinum me didn't show up in the union room in SoulSilver on a DS).

Is it the same as it is for daily events, but that you have to wait a full week? In example, I switched consoles today (Sunday). I know for a fact that I won't be seeing the PokéKid in Floaroma Town (Monday), but also the Idol in Oreburgh on Tuesday, or the separate reporters in Jubilife on Wednesday/Thursday. Like what's the deal with that?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

It should only take 24 hours after switching systems, and saving for time based events to start working again. However this is the case every time you switch systems, so even if you wait the 24 hours if you immediately put it in a new system you'll still have to wait again.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It should only take 24 hours after switching systems, and saving for time based events to start working again. However this is the case every time you switch systems, so even if you wait the 24 hours if you immediately put it in a new system you'll still have to wait again.
    I'm aware about the 24-hour rule. I.e. the Honey-clock is set back to 1440 (minutes), so you have to wait the 6 hours for something to potentially appear. But what I don't get is that when I switch consoles, say I only switch from my 3DS to a DS, that I still don't get the PokéCenter trainers after those 24 hours pass.

Is it like the following - which I think is similar - If I switch consoles now, won't I get a Drifloon on this friday four days from now, but only on the following friday, 11 days from now?

I really don't get why they aren't appearing. Yes, I switched consoles, great. The daily events aren't working (berry growth, daily gifts, honey trees), but does that mean that weekly events won't happen for a week?

Sorry to post twice after an answer, but the answer wasn't correct in my experience.. As I've waited for more then 24 hours with the game in the same system when the issue first popped up. Not tampering with the console's time or date, nor switching the cartridge between systems. I asked this question now because of the tree-timer not working and me having become frustrated with this issue. Could it simply be that part of the internal battery is out of whack/run dry? It doesn't give a notice of it though when I load up.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I'm aware about the 24-hour rule. I.e. the Honey-clock is set back to 1440 (minutes), so you have to wait the 6 hours for something to potentially appear. But what I don't get is that when I switch consoles, say I only switch from my 3DS to a DS, that I still don't get the PokéCenter trainers after those 24 hours pass.

Is it like the following - which I think is similar - If I switch consoles now, won't I get a Drifloon on this friday four days from now, but only on the following friday, 11 days from now?

I really don't get why they aren't appearing. Yes, I switched consoles, great. The daily events aren't working (berry growth, daily gifts, honey trees), but does that mean that weekly events won't happen for a week?

Sorry to post twice after an answer, but the answer wasn't correct in my experience.. As I've waited for more then 24 hours with the game in the same system when the issue first popped up. Not tampering with the console's time or date, nor switching the cartridge between systems. I asked this question now because of the tree-timer not working and me having become frustrated with this issue. Could it simply be that part of the internal battery is out of whack/run dry? It doesn't give a notice of it though when I load up.
    There are no internal batteries. Wait a week and see if everything returns to normal.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151