Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Toge Tamer View Post
    *Shrug* That could work, but I get bored easily with it sometimes. Anything else?
    its still part of battle frontier, but have you tried the battle factory. i usually have a lot of fun with that...get to try out some different pokemon that you may not normally use

Well, can someone give me a 'project' to do whilst in the game? Something like 'catch every shiny Pokemon' but not that. Make it new, original and crazy. It might actually give me something to do whilst I get my wifi back.

And can the DSI connect to any security network?

Default Pokemon won't release?

So I'm clearing away some of my boxes by getting rid of Pokemon I already have the evolved form of and try to release a Geodude and it won't release? Does anyone know why this is?

if is the last pokemon you have that knows anyone of the HM's it won't release i.e. if your geodude knows rock smash and it is the only one of your pokemon to know it... it won't release.
    Catching and trading Hidden Ability Pokemon.

Pokemon X - FC: 1075-0711-3047

I thought you could also get a Razor Claw at the Battle Frontier
    Pokemon Platinum FC - 5370-7519-9663
    Pokemon HeartGold FC - 2879-9255-7367
    Pokemon FireRed Pokedex
    150 Caught 150 Seen

I bred a Pikachu with max Atk, Spatk, and Speed and want it to have the EV spread 154 atk, 104 spatk, and 252 speed. Ive tried this twice but atleast one of those stats is always off by one. The Pikachu's characteristic is likes to thrash about, its speed is able to reach 306, and its Spatk is 31 since I just checked it with an Iv calc, some rare candies, and some hondew berries. Ive even added one ev at a time until the stat just got to what it was supposed to be at level 100. The 2 attacking stats are where they need to be at but the speed is still sitting at 305. If you can see what Im doing wrong from this, please tell me

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

Or if it's too happy with you. Treat it like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire luvr View Post
    I bred a Pikachu with max Atk, Spatk, and Speed and want it to have the EV spread 154 atk, 104 spatk, and 252 speed. Ive tried this twice but atleast one of those stats is always off by one. The Pikachu's characteristic is likes to thrash about, its speed is able to reach 306, and its Spatk is 31 since I just checked it with an Iv calc, some rare candies, and some hondew berries. Ive even added one ev at a time until the stat just got to what it was supposed to be at level 100. The 2 attacking stats are where they need to be at but the speed is still sitting at 305. If you can see what Im doing wrong from this, please tell me
    154 isn't divisible by 4, if that might be the problem. And don't assume an IV is perfect if its Likes to Thrash About as there are chances to be other stats too.

I have a question of my own. I'm currently EV training a Naďve MixApe, but the problem is I want Flamethrower and Close Combat, but I don't know how it would work. I accidently evolved Chimchar thinking it could relearn Nasty Plot as Monferno, but it didn't work. Luckily I had saved beforehand, so my EV training hadn't been wasted.

How do I get it to learn both without using a Flamethrower TM?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I have a question of my own. I'm currently EV training a Naďve MixApe, but the problem is I want Flamethrower and Close Combat, but I don't know how it would work. I accidently evolved Chimchar thinking it could relearn Nasty Plot as Monferno, but it didn't work. Luckily I had saved beforehand, so my EV training hadn't been wasted.

How do I get it to learn both without using a Flamethrower TM?
    Let Chimchar learn Nasty Plot at level 23, and than level it to level 41 to learn Flamethrower.
    Evolve it Twice, and than use the Move Relearner in Pastoria to learn Close Combat.
    Last edited by m190049; 15th November 2009 at 8:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m190049 View Post
    Let Chimchar learn Nasty Plot at level 23, and than level it to level 41 to learn Flamethrower.
    Evolve it Twice, and than use the Move Relearner in Canalave to learn Close Combat.
    the move relearner is in pastoria city
    Diamond Scramble Challenge
    Pimplup, Denub, X-wing, Cobalt, Medipunch, Claws
    Completed

White 2 FC: 2753 0200 3566

Quote Originally Posted by Corbulo View Post
    the move relearner is in pastoria city
    Oh, whoops, typed the wrong name. o.o;
    Eheh, thanks for catching that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toge Tamer View Post
    Well, can someone give me a 'project' to do whilst in the game? Something like 'catch every shiny Pokemon' but not that. Make it new, original and crazy. It might actually give me something to do whilst I get my wifi back.

And can the DSI connect to any security network?
    Yes, the DSi can connect to a network using WPA encryption (while the DS can only connect to WEP)

Now for my question.

Is Adamant Max Atk EV/IV Slaking with Choice Band using Giga Impact the highest possible source of damage?
    Platinum: Voldo
    FC: 2192-3539-6342

Plt Pokedex:
    Seen:388
    Caught:180

Fronteir Stats:
    Prints:1
    Color Prints:0

Quote Originally Posted by Black Metal
    Is Adamant Max Atk EV/IV Slaking with Choice Band using Giga Impact the highest possible source of damage?
    A Rampardos with the same stats and items using Head Smash would be more powerful.

Marowak with Thick Club, Medicham with Pure Power and Attack-Form Deoxys have higher attack values, but I don't believe that they have the physical attacks to pull off higher damage.

...Far over the hilltops, the Sun may shine, but there is a Storm brewing beyond the sea...

UserBar made by me and Rolling Pokeballs Animated by me

I have a question:
    In DP when I enter to Snowpoint city, I can't awaken Regigigas?
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I have a question:
    In DP when I enter to Snowpoint city, I can't awaken Regigigas?
    you can't awaken Regigigas until you beat the Elite Four.
    Diamond FC: 3437-0161-2487
    Platinum FC: 1075-6887-8965

I prefer that everyone use my Diamond Friend Code. Thanks!

My Sprite Recolors! More coming soon!

REST OF SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Quote Originally Posted by WishmakerX View Post
    you can't awaken Regigigas until you beat the Elite Four.
    Yes but Bulbapedia says that only if I'm getting the Regis I can awaken Regigigas. But in DP i can't find them, so how can i awaken it?
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketmonMaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Metal View Post
    A Rampardos with the same stats and items using Head Smash would be more powerful.

Marowak with Thick Club, Medicham with Pure Power and Attack-Form Deoxys have higher attack values, but I don't believe that they have the physical attacks to pull off higher damage.
    I'm pretty sure that's shuckle.
    Originally Posted By Bulbapedia:
    Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 213,896,052 damage.
    If a level 100 Shuckle uses Power Trick, and is then skill swapped with Pure Power or Huge Power, it would obtain a maximum attack stat of 1228.
    If you meant normal type damage then Lickilicky would have that record.
    Originally Posted By Bulbapedia:
    Lickilicky is the only Normal-type Pokémon to learn Explosion, and therefore, the only one to receive STAB from it. Furthermore if it holds a Silk Scarf, this is further multiplied, making it the highest-powered move of all, not considering type matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Yes but Bulbapedia says that only if I'm getting the Regis I can awaken Regigigas. But in DP i can't find them, so how can i awaken it?
    Exactly. You will need to transfer your regis over to DP v to awaken him.

I have a question. Today is the last day to get Arceus, and I forgot (HOW STUPID OF ME) so I don't think I'll be able to receive it. Will there be another time to get Arceus?
    My bishie is Freedert from DNAngel!
    I'm a Specialshipper (Red x Yellow), and a Pokeshipper (Ash x Misty)!

My Platinum Friend Code: 1075-7179-8052
    Name: Lucas Please PM me to battle or trade! I really want to battle someone!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGuardian View Post
    I have a question. Today is the last day to get Arceus, and I forgot (HOW STUPID OF ME) so I don't think I'll be able to receive it. Will there be another time to get Arceus?
    Judging by previous trends, there will probably at some point be a Wi-Fi event for the Azure Flute. Other than that, who knows what the future may bring?

You could always trade for one if you don't want to wait.

Default RNG question.

Hello, I recently discovered my SID on my Pearl (First time for me). So I decided to try out the RNG system. However, it's proving a bit more difficult than I had anticipated. I have attempted to get a shiny egg many times now, and failed every single time. What's more, according to the RNG reporter program, I'm usually off by 2-5 frames.

But as I understand it, the Happiness application advances the RNG by 2x# of pokemon in your party (6) and coin flip advances by one. So how can I be five off???

For example, my last attempt I followed the directions exactly, catch a pokemon, check its stats, plug in data, do the numbered taps, fly to solaceon, deposit parents, wait for egg. In this case I had 86 jumps, 3 flips. For the 86 I had someone over my shoulder counting as well, and we both agreed on 86, and it's pretty difficult to mess up counting to three. Any suggestions?

PS: I do flip immediately away from the RNG advancing apps before flying to solaceon.
    Pokemon players are smart... responsible....
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Skip class!
    ......oh, nevermind.

NEWS FLASH: I actually exist again![/CENTER]

Ok, another Eving question. I made sure that the evs for atk and speed were 152 and 252 respectively, but the spatk ev will only go up to 103, when I wanted 104. With these numbers Im still a few numbers away from 510. Any suggestions?

Made by aclover
    pm me if interested

Ok, another Eving question. I made sure that the evs for atk and speed were 152 and 252 respectively, but the spatk ev will only go up to 103, when I wanted 104. With these numbers Im still a few numbers away from 510. Any suggestions?
    Are you sure you got the 152 and 252 EVs correctly? Because the only thing I can think of why the EVs stopped at 103 is that you accidentally got 255 EVs in speed.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Blastoise View Post
    Are you sure you got the 152 and 252 EVs correctly? Because the only thing I can think of why the EVs stopped at 103 is that you accidentally got 255 EVs in speed.
    That's what I thought I did at first so I re-EVd, adding one ev at a time until the stat just gets to where I want it to be at level 100, and still havent gotten what I wanted

Made by aclover
    pm me if interested

Did you already train the pokémon before you EVd it?

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

That's what I thought I did at first so I re-EVd, adding one ev at a time until the stat just gets to where I want it to be at level 100, and still havent gotten what I wanted
    You will only get every EV to go to your stats when you are exactly at level 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast