Page 34 of 152 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

I have heard that on Platinum you can catch lunatone in Turnback cave with ruby inserted,
    it was meant to have the same chance encounter as a solrock, but I've encountered lots of solrock and no lunatone and I really need a lunatone. Just wondering if you could catch a lunatone with ruby inserted.
    Never leave home with out one.
    But beware of the She-wolf and her Bite

Quote Originally Posted by Falco Master View Post
    I have heard that on Platinum you can catch lunatone in Turnback cave with ruby inserted,
    it was meant to have the same chance encounter as a solrock, but I've encountered lots of solrock and no lunatone and I really need a lunatone. Just wondering if you could catch a lunatone with ruby inserted.
    No you cannot. You need to have Sapphire inserted to find a lunatone.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    If youre playing platinum, wild electabuzz hold them, in d/p elekids hold them
    So I guess that Magmar hold Magmarizer also
    Never leave home with out one.
    But beware of the She-wolf and her Bite

Quote Originally Posted by Falco Master View Post
    So I guess that Magmar hold Magmarizer also
    Yep, in Platinum only though. But Magmarizer is also found on Route 214

ok are focus sash disposable items - aka disappear when used?

I am quite confuse and not sure if this is true or not since I thought it was still present after capturing heatran - but maybe I didn't use it then.
    *Currently have major issues with my computer, won't be able to trade or such in a while.

Trademark shiny hunt:
    Currently shiny hunting: ???
    Recent shinys:3x , 8x , 1x *naive, 38 luxury balls, hp grass*
    Proudest Pokes: Shiny Bold
    Shiny ditto ivs: 31/31/31/29/16/31
    *Shiny Ditto not for trade. Best shiny ivs ever. Possibly best closest to flawless, shiny ditto without hacks, RNG, etc.

*char. name: Sayuri
    *Platinum Friend code: 2192 7524 9609

*I am against cloning and hacking. ONLY legit pokemon and items. Also not interested in shinys, rather hunt for them myself.

*Out of ideas as to shiny hunt which pokemon via pokeradar, any suggestions? If so leave me a vm, no pms please.

Quote Originally Posted by blckdemondrgn View Post
    ok are focus sash disposable items - aka disappear when used?

I am quite confuse and not sure if this is true or not since I thought it was still present after capturing heatran - but maybe I didn't use it then.
    Nope the Focus Sash stays.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    you sure stays on the pokemon or somehow transfered to the bag?

Cause I can't remember if I used it during heatran capture and currently used it to capture beldum and I don't see it on my kangaskhan anymore.

So confused >_<. I would test this but in the middle of shiny hunting.
    *Currently have major issues with my computer, won't be able to trade or such in a while.

Trademark shiny hunt:
    *Shiny Ditto not for trade. Best shiny ivs ever. Possibly best closest to flawless, shiny ditto without hacks, RNG, etc.

*I am against cloning and hacking. ONLY legit pokemon and items. Also not interested in shinys, rather hunt for them myself.

*Out of ideas as to shiny hunt which pokemon via pokeradar, any suggestions? If so leave me a vm, no pms please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No. The Focus Sash disappears once used.

Quote Originally Posted by razor fire View Post
    No. The Focus Sash disappears once used.
    ok thanks for confirmation. well that goes my brillant plan of easily capturing beldums >_< unless I stock up from that belt guy.

another question, when does the sleep turn count start?

I don't remember if this happen or not but I remember going last putting a pokemon to sleep and suddenly next turn it woke up - to me 0 turn sleep wake up and no it didn't have early bird to make it 0 turn wake up. I initially thought the turn starts when it says it fast asleep but unsure if this is true.

Hope people know this so it may help me capture beldums easier.

edit: sorry for not posting this info earlier.
    Last edited by blckdemondrgn; 22nd January 2010 at 9:46 PM.

Trademark shiny hunt:

ok thanks for confirmation. well that goes my brillant plan of easily capturing beldums >_< unless I stock up from that belt guy.

another question, when does the sleep turn count start?

I don't remember if this happen or not but I remember going last putting a pokemon to sleep and suddenly next turn it woke up - to me 0 turn sleep wake up and no it didn't have early bird to make it 0 turn wake up. I initially thought the turn starts when it says it fast asleep but unsure if this is true.

Hope people know this so it may help me capture beldums easier.

edit: sorry for not posting this info earlier.
    I believe it starts right when the pokemon is put to sleep. How many rounds it takes for the pokemon to wake up is random.

Can anyone give me a hand with team building? Going for the kind of team that has a couple walls, couples sweepers, a lead and something else ( whatever that team is called)
    So far, I've come up with Jolteon, Gyrados and Infernape

Anyone willing to help me out?

Where exactly in Solaceon Ruins can you get Unown-A?
    00][/CENTER]

I believe it starts right when the pokemon is put to sleep. How many rounds it takes for the pokemon to wake up is random.
    oh that sucks if that is the case...well can anyone else confirm this or not that sleep turns start?

If it does start when put to sleep, that will suck for slower pokemon and pokemon that use yawn. If sleep start the turn it is put to sleep, then they can wake up next turn even though techniqually no turns passed with no immobilization.

Trademark shiny hunt:

oh that sucks if that is the case...well can anyone else confirm this or not that sleep turns start?

If it does start when put to sleep, that will suck for slower pokemon and pokemon that use yawn. If sleep start the turn it is put to sleep, then they can wake up next turn even though techniqually no turns passed with no immobilization.
    i'm pretty sure i remember waking up the next turn after one of my pokemon was put to sleep, but i cant remember. this probably happened in one of my in-game battles.

Edit: @Arande: Thanks for the info, I had no idea it worked by pokemon speeds lolz. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere, that's probably why.
    Last edited by Kashinn; 23rd January 2010 at 4:51 PM.

[ Standard Double Battles ]

Platinum: 3953 8695 8540

Pearl: 3179 2788 6086

Quote Originally Posted by Kashinn View Post
    i'm pretty sure i remember waking up the next turn after one of my pokemon was put to sleep, but i cant remember. this probably happened in one of my in-game battles.
    Actually slower pokemon suffer a little less. It's based on the number of turns the pokemon is actually asleep. IE:

Faster poke puts slower poke to sleep, slower poke is asleep that turn, counts as 1 turn of sleep and can wake up next turn.
    Slower poke puts faster one to sleep, faster one is asleep garunteed next turn, since that'll be the first turn "<poke> is fast asleep"

Rest for example, you will have the turn you use it, then the 2 lost turns your poke is "fast asleep' since pokes use their move on the same turn they wake up.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Where exactly in Solaceon Ruins can you get Unown-A?
    I think you can find them in any room of the Ruins other than the ones that only have the FRIEND Unown (which are the ones you take to get through the Ruins).
    A New Beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Japanese Giovanni
    We have the best illusion I have rocket frogs get lost in a dream ...
    Quote Originally Posted by buskalilly View Post
    Everyone knows eggs appear because Pokémon hold hands and kiss at the same time.

Hey, anyone wanna help me figure out how to get a Togekiss without breaking my back over it or hacking?

Quote Originally Posted by weavileluver1 View Post
    Hey, anyone wanna help me figure out how to get a Togekiss without breaking my back over it or hacking?
    Shiny Stone on Togetic.

Now really, was it that hard to figure it out?

for me, I multitask =]
    i pretty much never just play pokemon without doing something else already. maybe that'll help you enjoy doing what you want to do, such as watching movies, chatting online, etc.

or you could look for it at #SPP-WiFi, serebii's wifi irc channel.

[ Standard Double Battles ]

Platinum: 3953 8695 8540

Pearl: 3179 2788 6086

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    Actually slower pokemon suffer a little less. It's based on the number of turns the pokemon is actually asleep. IE:

Faster poke puts slower poke to sleep, slower poke is asleep that turn, counts as 1 turn of sleep and can wake up next turn.
    Slower poke puts faster one to sleep, faster one is asleep garunteed next turn, since that'll be the first turn "<poke> is fast asleep"

Rest for example, you will have the turn you use it, then the 2 lost turns your poke is "fast asleep' since pokes use their move on the same turn they wake up.
    ok this is what I originally thought with sleep turns, which I hope is correct. so techniqually yawn should work like it does with slower pokemon using a sleep move.

unsure which is correct at this point, maybe I'll try to do some tests with this but if anyone else is sure which is correct please confirm this for me. whether this quote above is correct or when the pokemon is asleep when put to sleep the same turn w/o being immobolized is when the sleep count start.

Trademark shiny hunt:

Shiny Stone on Togetic.

Now really, was it that hard to figure it out?
    OK, maybe I should rephrase that: How can I get a Togepi without breaking my back over it?

OK, maybe I should rephrase that: How can I get a Togepi without breaking my back over it?
    You get a Togepi egg from Cynthia in Platinum.

If you're playing DP and Platinum also, you can find them on Route 230.
    Last edited by Lorde; 23rd January 2010 at 9:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You get a Togepi egg from Cynthia in Platinum.

If you're playing DP and Platinum also, you can find them on Route 230.
    You have to be using the Pokeradar there, though. Just FYI. :P

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    You have to be using the Pokeradar there, though. Just FYI. :P
    Yes, though I'm not sure whether that qualifies as "without breaking your back".

You can also wait until HG/SS comes out to get it as an egg from there.

Another thing you could do is look through the trade thread.

Edit: Thinking about Togepi made me want one. Only took four tries with the pokerader. I could make you an egg if you want one.
    Last edited by Udthon; 24th January 2010 at 6:24 AM.

Page 34 of 152 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast