Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

What happens to a game file if the time hits 999:99?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Nothing happens. If you don't believe me check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb2Xz5Gb-kI
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Yup, nothing much really happens. :/ And if I recall correctly, the max. play time is actually 999:59.
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3

"This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."

Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    Hello, I recently discovered my SID on my Pearl (First time for me). So I decided to try out the RNG system. However, it's proving a bit more difficult than I had anticipated. I have attempted to get a shiny egg many times now, and failed every single time. What's more, according to the RNG reporter program, I'm usually off by 2-5 frames.

But as I understand it, the Happiness application advances the RNG by 2x# of pokemon in your party (6) and coin flip advances by one. So how can I be five off???

For example, my last attempt I followed the directions exactly, catch a pokemon, check its stats, plug in data, do the numbered taps, fly to solaceon, deposit parents, wait for egg. In this case I had 86 jumps, 3 flips. For the 86 I had someone over my shoulder counting as well, and we both agreed on 86, and it's pretty difficult to mess up counting to three. Any suggestions?

PS: I do flip immediately away from the RNG advancing apps before flying to solaceon.
    I THINK I remember hearing that the claculator can occasionally be off be a few frames. Kinda sucks, but just keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire luvr View Post
    That's what I thought I did at first so I re-EVd, adding one ev at a time until the stat just gets to where I want it to be at level 100, and still havent gotten what I wanted
    Your IV is one lower than you think it is. That would account for the one Stat Point.

I got a problem...I checked smogon earlier for a good Regice moveset, and found one...It includes Counter, and I don't know how I can teach it that move...(Only thing I know about is the move totur in FR/LG...)

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by andyhaj View Post
    I got a problem...I checked smogon earlier for a good Regice moveset, and found one...It includes Counter, and I don't know how I can teach it that move...(Only thing I know about is the move totur in FR/LG...)

Help?
    Only through the FRLG tutor....
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by andyhaj View Post

Help?
    Unfortunately, yes. The only way to get Counter on a Regice is through the FireRed/LeafGreen & Emerald tutors.

What happens to a game file if the time hits 999:99
    999:59 actually.
    It simply stops counting. It won't affect the save file or the gameplay.

ok i need help with 2 things

1. on serebii it says that you can only catch feebas with a super rod but on other sites it say you can use any rod so which one it true?

2. and what is the chance of finding a munchlax on a honey tree because it just says on poke earth -&#37; chance of finding 1 so is there anything i need to do before i can find 1 other than putting honey on the honey tree
    Diamond Scramble Challenge
    Pimplup, Denub, X-wing, Cobalt, Medipunch, Claws
    Completed

White 2 FC: 2753 0200 3566

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    Judging by previous trends, there will probably at some point be a Wi-Fi event for the Azure Flute. Other than that, who knows what the future may bring?

You could always trade for one if you don't want to wait.
    Yeah but will it be the same one that triggers the Dragon Trio event in HGSS?
    My bishie is Freedert from DNAngel!
    I'm a Specialshipper (Red x Yellow), and a Pokeshipper (Ash x Misty)!

My Platinum Friend Code: 1075-7179-8052
    Name: Lucas Please PM me to battle or trade! I really want to battle someone!

Okay....

just a few days ago, I went to check on which pokemon were swarming , and I noticed it hadn't changed in three days. I went over to the "daily berry" girl and sure enough, she acted as if I had obtained a berry from her already when I hadn't gone to her in about three days. Basically, I think my platinum game has stopped registering the flow of time like that glitch that occurred in R/S/E where time kinda stopped after about 100 hours of gameplay. my game still can tell if it's night and day though, and it still records hours, but it's like it's having the same day over and over again. What should I do? Has this happened before?

Quote Originally Posted by KKInu View Post
    Okay....

just a few days ago, I went to check on which pokemon were swarming , and I noticed it hadn't changed in three days. I went over to the "daily berry" girl and sure enough, she acted as if I had obtained a berry from her already when I hadn't gone to her in about three days. Basically, I think my platinum game has stopped registering the flow of time like that glitch that occurred in R/S/E where time kinda stopped after about 100 hours of gameplay. my game still can tell if it's night and day though, and it still records hours, but it's like it's having the same day over and over again. What should I do? Has this happened before?
    Actually, it's not uncommon to see someone with things like that.

Did you Pal Park some pokes over with a GBA cartridge? I hear that using a new GBA cartridge will make them synch, and it takes a few days for the games to proceed normally.

Did you switch your D/P/Pt cartridge with another DS? The game synchs with the DS, and switching between those will take the game a day or two to proceed normally.

Did you mess around with the DS's clock? Daily stuff only change when 11:59 goes to 00:00, the game game won't recognize a new day if you skip that minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomasta View Post
    Actually, it's not uncommon to see someone with things like that.

Did you Pal Park some pokes over with a GBA cartridge? I hear that using a new GBA cartridge will make them synch, and it takes a few days for the games to proceed normally.

Did you switch your D/P/Pt cartridge with another DS? The game synchs with the DS, and switching between those will take the game a day or two to proceed normally.

Did you mess around with the DS's clock? Daily stuff only change when 11:59 goes to 00:00, the game game won't recognize a new day if you skip that minute.
    I pal parked pokemon recently but that was weeks ago and the problem only occurred a few days ago.

I did switch DS's (cuz' one DS was running low on power and I needed something done quick) so I suppose that might've been it. though I switched the DS's yesterday, not the 3-4 days ago the problem started.......

Oh well, I'll wait for a few days and see if anything changes.

Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by Corbulo View Post

1. on serebii it says that you can only catch feebas with a super rod but on other sites it say you can use any rod so which one it true?

2. and what is the chance of finding a munchlax on a honey tree because it just says on poke earth -% chance of finding 1 so is there anything i need to do before i can find 1 other than putting honey on the honey tree
    1. I'm pretty sure it's any rod.

2. For munchlax, you have a 1% chance of finding it one some of the honey trees.
    ...Go breed a Snorlax. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGuardian View Post
    Well... I know that while only Event Shaymin can let you redeem the Gracidea Flower, the one found in-game in Platinum would also let you get it (while the in-game ones from D/P wouldn't).

I assume the same would apply to Arceus- The Platinum Arceus would unlock the Platinum Arceus Event (and I would guess would therefore unlock the Hg/Ss one?).
    Last edited by m190049; 16th November 2009 at 1:11 AM.

Okay, I received a Shiny Oddish yesterday in a trade. It was from Hoenn. I didn't noticed anything and EV trained it and evolved it into Bellossom. I was leveling it up and I decided to check its stats, then I noticed something. Its pokedex number was red, not the usual black.

Can someone tell me the significance of a red pokedex number?
    3DS: 0302-0883-5064

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKZ View Post
    Okay, I received a Shiny Oddish yesterday in a trade. It was from Hoenn. I didn't noticed anything and EV trained it and evolved it into Bellossom. I was leveling it up and I decided to check its stats, then I noticed something. Its pokedex number was red, not the usual black.

Just another indication that it's shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKZ View Post

Red Numbers means It's Shiny!
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by m190049 View Post
    Just another indication that it's shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Red Numbers means It's Shiny!
    Oh! Okay. Thank you to both of you. I thought only the Red Star indicated it was shiny. Guess you learn something new everyday.

Thanks again.
    3DS: 0302-0883-5064

Can a male pikachu/raichu with Volt Tackle pass it down to its babies if I breed it with a Ditto?
    Kurplahhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SirIan View Post
    Can a male pikachu/raichu with Volt Tackle pass it down to its babies if I breed it with a Ditto?
    It probably will work, but if I had to guess, I'd say give one of them the Light Ball.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

No- A light ball needs to be used again. Volt Tackle is not an egg move.
    It is obtained via breeding, but it is still not an egg move.

I don't think so. Volt Tackle will only be passed down if both parents know it, and of course Ditto does not; therefore, it will not be passed down. As Foxyman said, you'd probably need to attach the Light Ball to one of the parents for it to work, which I'm assuming Raichu would have to.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Poop It has to be a female Pika/Raichu with light ball right? If so getting a good nature/good IVs is going to be a huge pain in the butt.
    Kurplahhh!!!

To answer my own question, it doesn't have to be a female pika/raichu. Hooray
    Kurplahhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corbulo View Post

2. and what is the chance of finding a munchlax on a honey tree because it just says on poke earth -% chance of finding 1 so is there anything i need to do before i can find 1 other than putting honey on the honey tree
    1. Any Rod.

2. 1 % on any 4 trees determined by your SID.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGuardian View Post
    As long as it is an Event Arceus it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by m190049 View Post

Well... I know that while only Event Shaymin can let you redeem the Gracidea Flower, the one found in-game in Platinum would also let you get it (while the in-game ones from D/P wouldn't).
    The one in D/P says "Met at Lvl. 30 at Flower Paradise" while the one in Platinum says "Had a Fateful Encounter at lvl. 30 at Flower Paradise."

Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast