Page 45 of 152 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Is It meant to be up the rock climb part? If so I think I sold it and there isn't another way to get it is there? I don't think I have found it on pearl yet.
    Never leave home with out one.
    But beware of the She-wolf and her Bite

I went there and it was Psychic not Psych Up
    Never leave home with out one.
    But beware of the She-wolf and her Bite

can anyone tell me when abilities such as "Forewarn", which shows all the opponents moves, and "Frisk" which shows the opponents held items take effect?
    I Havn't used any pokemon with these abilities, so I suppose this is lazyness on my part, as well as curiosity

Cheers for any answers
    [CENTER] Aipom & Scyther
    Say
    Be Yourself.

Well Slap Me Thrice And Hand Me To Me Mamma, Its JACKK!

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzah View Post
    can anyone tell me when abilities such as "Forewarn", which shows all the opponents moves, and "Frisk" which shows the opponents held items take effect?
    I Havn't used any pokemon with these abilities, so I suppose this is lazyness on my part, as well as curiosity

Cheers for any answers
    As soon as the Pokemon enters the battle.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

where can i find them berries that remove the ev's?

i need to knwo where all of them are

also : is there only one way to get TM 26
    Last edited by zaphod9642; 17th February 2010 at 7:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod9642 View Post
    where can i find them berries that remove the ev's?

i need to knwo where all of them are
    In Platinum (not sure if the locations are the same in DP):

Pomeg - Route 214/Fight Area
    Kelpsy - Fuego Ironworks/Route 225
    Qualot - Route 222/Resort Area
    Hondew - Route 221/Fight Area
    Grepa - Route 211/Resort Area
    Tamato - Route 212/225

tm 26 can be foudn in the hidden section of wayward cave or as a rare pickup item for high level pokemon. i think lv91-100 get it as a very rare chance
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

I was just wondering what's the best way to prevent a wild pokemon's PP from dropping quickly, such as a beldum, other than status conditions.

If a pokemon's attack misses, it still takes away a PP, correct? I cant seem to remember.

[ Standard Double Battles ]

Platinum: 3953 8695 8540

Pearl: 3179 2788 6086

Does anyone have any tips for catching mesprit? Everytime i fly he moves and if i just pace til it gets near me by the time i get to it it runs away.

Thanks,

Lukef555
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/wa2cti.jpg[/IMG]
    Signature Made By Me
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Quote Originally Posted by Kashinn View Post
    I was just wondering what's the best way to prevent a wild pokemon's PP from dropping quickly, such as a beldum, other than status conditions.

If a pokemon's attack misses, it still takes away a PP, correct? I cant seem to remember.
    Sorry but status is the only way to prevent pp from diminishing and yes a miss does take away one pp. If your using hypnosis try using 2 X accuracy to raise it to 9x-100% sleep chance is your best bet if not using spore. Don't recommend paralysis when trying to catch beldum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef555 View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for catching mesprit? Everytime i fly he moves and if i just pace til it gets near me by the time i get to it it runs away.

Thanks,

Lukef555
    Just walk, simple as that. Basically go to a place like oh jubilife city and go into any route. mesprit or any roaming pokemon will move then so you just need to move back and forth in the city and route - you should get a little info saying you walk into a city/route in the upper left of the screen.

Or you can go to the daycare area (forgot name) and if by chance mesprit is in a route on the left/right/bottom of hearthome city you can easily get there since moving into routes since with a building in between does not force the pokemon to switch areas.

Hope this helps.
    *Currently have major issues with my computer, won't be able to trade or such in a while.

Trademark shiny hunt:
    Currently shiny hunting: ???
    Recent shinys:3x , 8x , 1x *naive, 38 luxury balls, hp grass*
    Proudest Pokes: Shiny Bold
    Shiny ditto ivs: 31/31/31/29/16/31
    *Shiny Ditto not for trade. Best shiny ivs ever. Possibly best closest to flawless, shiny ditto without hacks, RNG, etc.

*char. name: Sayuri
    *Platinum Friend code: 2192 7524 9609

*I am against cloning and hacking. ONLY legit pokemon and items. Also not interested in shinys, rather hunt for them myself.

*Out of ideas as to shiny hunt which pokemon via pokeradar, any suggestions? If so leave me a vm, no pms please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    ^ You need the National Dex. When you are ready, go speak to Professor Oak (IIRC) in Eterna City.
    Either way, when I am ready (I can get the Dex anytime I want; I've just been too lazy),

a) What level do you find the Birds at?

b) Where do you go to get each of them?

c) Do any of them "roam"?

DESTRUCTION BY FIRE! MAGMORTAR IS A PYROMANIAC!

THIS ARMY WILL TURN THE WORLD TO A CHARRED CRISP!

Take cover if you don't want to be fried!

<- He found the best hiding spot on Earth; call him at 1-234-SMILEY1 if you want to live.

(All of this is fictitious; the number above is fake. Any similarities to any real phone numbers, active or dormant, is completely coincidental.)

^

a.) All three are at Lv. 60.

b & c.) All three of them are Roaming. After speaking to Oak, they will appear on your Marking Map.

Default RNG Hatching Help.

Ok so. I'm trying to hatch a shiny using the RNG and I keep mucking it up. I have the right SID and i catch a lv 50 pokemon, input the data.. do the taps and flips.. and when it hatches it's not shiny and not the nature/gender that its supposed to be.

Is it easier to do with sweet scent because you stand in the grass and use it? Do you think my walking/searching for the lv 50 pokemon is disrupting the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef555 View Post

Thanks,

Lukef555
    first do these 4 things

get a golbat level 50+
    use a heart scale to teach it mean look
    get about 10 quick balls and 50 timer balls
    get the roming pokemon app

now go to the vally windworks
    set the pokeapp to roming pokemon
    altinate between the two routes
    when the pokemon face apears in the flashing square
    put golbat to the front of your party and walk into the grass

mespirt sould apear when he does use mean look so he can't run away
    weeken him and the timer balls should do the rest

Causes
    There are a number of different issues which can lead to this issue.

•One of the parent Pok&#233;mon is holding an everstone.
    • You selected "DPPt Egg PID (International)" when the parents are not, in fact, of different languages.
    • You selected "DPPt Egg PID (Normal)" when the parents are, in fact, of different languages.
    • You correctly selected "DPPt Egg PID (International)", but entered the SID or ID incorrectly.
    • You made an error counting when using the Happiness application or Coin Flip application.
    • The Happiness application was not closed immediately and you performed some other ingame action, such as flying or entering a building, while it was still open.

Solutions
    • Remove the Everstone from the parent Pok&#233;mon.
    • Be sure that the choice of international or normal is correct.
    • Carefully verify your SID and ID and ensure that they are entered correctly into RNG Reporter. It is important that they are both correct.
    • Be sure to carefully count the number of Happiness application taps and Coin Flip application taps.
    • Be sure to only have the Happiness application open during the time when you are performing the taps.
    Did you perhaps read this part? Is any of your Pokemon International?

Quote Originally Posted by aragant_mewtwo View Post
    first do these 4 things

get a golbat level 50+
    use a heart scale to teach it mean look
    get about 10 quick balls and 50 timer balls
    get the roming pokemon app

now go to the vally windworks
    set the pokeapp to roming pokemon
    altinate between the two routes
    when the pokemon face apears in the flashing square
    put golbat to the front of your party and walk into the grass

mespirt sould apear when he does use mean look so he can't run away
    weeken him and the timer balls should do the rest
    To add to this, you also need to make sure you keep your Mean Look user in play (and by that, I mean to prevent your Mean Look user from fainting and/or do not switch pokemon). If you switch out to a different pokemon to try to weaken Mesprit, Mesprit will flee.
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3

"This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."

Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

Would anyone recommend doing the:
    Egg hatching route, rapid pressing the L+R glitch?
    Looking for a legit shiny mew. I will accept it if its not shiny but only with a good offer.

Spoiler:- Pearl WiFi Info:

Credit goes to whifling
    ^Warning!: I am slapping prone^

^ No, because no such Glitch exists. As far as I know, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenApple View Post
    Would anyone recommend doing the:
    Egg hatching route, rapid pressing the L+R glitch?
    Even if there were such a glitch, I dont recommend it because i've heard quite a few things about the L+R buttons breaking easily. I dont know much about it, especially since I rarely use those buttons at all. But it's better to be safe than to have the buttons break all of a sudden.

right i have a staryu with the right nature but wrong ability when i evolve it to starmie could its ability change

xD short and sweet ok
    Last edited by zaphod9642; 19th February 2010 at 1:07 AM.

^ No. except in a few special cases, the Pokémon's ability will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    ^ No. except in a few special cases, the Pokémon's ability will not change.
    @zaphod9642: just to elaborate on this a little bit, a pokemon's ability will only change if its evolution does not have that ability. we could use kirlia as a perfect example. if kirlia were to evolve into gardevoir, regardless of which ability it had, gardevoir will still have its ability because those are the two abilities that gardevoir has. but if it were to evolve into a gallade, it would not keep either ability because gallade has none of the abilities that a kirlia can have. instead, its ability will change from either syncronize or trace to steadfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashinn View Post
    @zaphod9642: just to elaborate on this a little bit, a pokemon's ability will only change if its evolution does not have that ability. we could use kirlia as a perfect example. if kirlia were to evolve into gardevoir, regardless of which ability it had, gardevoir will still have its ability because those are the two abilities that gardevoir has. but if it were to evolve into a gallade, it would not keep either ability because gallade has none of the abilities that a kirlia can have. instead, its ability will change from either syncronize or trace to steadfast.
    The only other way it changes.. is if the Pokémon was is Pal Parked, and only had 1 ability in 3rd, and now has two. It may jump to the Other "line" of Abilities.. AS certain Pokémon abilities will change to one ability on evolution.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

How does the Wi-Fi Club change?

I entered it the other day, and I had two sections, each with 8 spots, and today I went back in, and now I have three sections, each with 8 spots.

Why did it change? I only have about 10 people in my Pal Pad.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by lovcat View Post
    Ok so. I'm trying to hatch a shiny using the RNG and I keep mucking it up. I have the right SID and i catch a lv 50 pokemon, input the data.. do the taps and flips.. and when it hatches it's not shiny and not the nature/gender that its supposed to be. Is it easier to do with sweet scent because you stand in the grass and use it? Do you think my walking/searching for the lv 50 pokemon is disrupting the process?
    Merged with the Help thread.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Page 45 of 152 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast