Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3776

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

^ It reduces your Spe during battles only, and doubles your gained EVs.

Copy and pasted from my own thread. Please delete my old post on the forums. Didn't see this here, was in a rush.

Hey everyone, I'm somewhat new to the forums. I just recently got back into playing Pokemon and was playing my Platinum, at a certain point in the game it became unbelievably hard for me to get past a certain point, heh I know hard on a Pokemon game?

Well after learning more about Pokemon and getting to understand IV's EV's and the whole nine yards I wanted to re-play Platinum with a fresh start with everything I had learned. As of right now I am trying to find Lotad. I have my Sapphire in the other slot so I can find Lotad on the Routes it claims it can be acquired and I understand that it's an 8% chance of finding one but I've looked in these Routes for I believe three to four hours and still haven't found one at all.

I looked and apparently you need to have seen and caught Lotad in Sapphire in order for it to appear in Platinum. I did and still nothing. Could someone clarify what exactly do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Fromatic View Post
    Copy and pasted from my own thread. Please delete my old post on the forums. Didn't see this here, was in a rush.

Hey everyone, I'm somewhat new to the forums. I just recently got back into playing Pokemon and was playing my Platinum, at a certain point in the game it became unbelievably hard for me to get past a certain point, heh I know hard on a Pokemon game?

Well after learning more about Pokemon and getting to understand IV's EV's and the whole nine yards I wanted to re-play Platinum with a fresh start with everything I had learned. As of right now I am trying to find Lotad. I have my Sapphire in the other slot so I can find Lotad on the Routes it claims it can be acquired and I understand that it's an 8% chance of finding one but I've looked in these Routes for I believe three to four hours and still haven't found one at all.

I looked and apparently you need to have seen and caught Lotad in Sapphire in order for it to appear in Platinum. I did and still nothing. Could someone clarify what exactly do I need to do?
    If you do not have the National Pokédex you will not find a Lotad.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

what are ev's?
    Soul Silver team ;16

i love u tsutaja!

^ Effort Values. They're used by more serious battlers to improve their Pokémon. Read up on the basics here.

Just a quick question, but is there no way for a pokemon to learn two specific egg moves when neither of its parent can learn both. medicham learning psycho cut and dynamic punch, for example.

[ Standard Double Battles ]

Platinum: 3953 8695 8540

Pearl: 3179 2788 6086

Quote Originally Posted by Kashinn View Post
    Just a quick question, but is there no way for a pokemon to learn two specific egg moves when neither of its parent can learn both. medicham learning psycho cut and dynamic punch, for example.
    Only the father must know both the egg moves if the child is expected to learn the moves.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Kashinn View Post
    If you get a male pokemon with Psycho Cut and breed it with a female pokemon that learns DynamicPunch (or vice versa), the offspring will know both moves. If that offspring is male, breed it with a female Meditite/Medicham, and it will be born knowing both moves. For example, breeding a Gallade that knows Psycho Cut with a female Makuhita, producing a male, then leveling that male up enough for it to learn DynamicPunch (without forgetting Psycho Cut, of course), then breeding it with a female Meditite/Medicham should produce a Meditite with both moves. In theory, this should work.
    A New Beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Japanese Giovanni
    We have the best illusion I have rocket frogs get lost in a dream ...
    Quote Originally Posted by buskalilly View Post
    Everyone knows eggs appear because Pokémon hold hands and kiss at the same time.

Post Ev

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMamaInk View Post
    what are ev's?
    Effort Values
    They will improve your pokemon
    I would prefer ev training a team if you would like to battle most people here XD
    Serebii veteran...if that is a thing O.o

Quote Originally Posted by zlxq3000 View Post
    If you get a male pokemon with Psycho Cut and breed it with a female pokemon that learns DynamicPunch (or vice versa), the offspring will know both moves. If that offspring is male, breed it with a female Meditite/Medicham, and it will be born knowing both moves. For example, breeding a Gallade that knows Psycho Cut with a female Makuhita, producing a male, then leveling that male up enough for it to learn DynamicPunch (without forgetting Psycho Cut, of course), then breeding it with a female Meditite/Medicham should produce a Meditite with both moves. In theory, this should work.
    Makuhita doesnt learn psycho cut through breeding though, so i'm pretty sure there's no way to learn both.

[ Standard Double Battles ]

Platinum: 3953 8695 8540

Pearl: 3179 2788 6086

Does anybody know if you can have that old lady teach you Draco Meteor once, or can she teach it to a pokemon as many times as you want?

as many times as you want, but they have to be full happiness

I'm having trouble getting a lucky egg. I know that they are on Chanseys, but it seems like Chansey never appears and when she does its always an oval stone that it holds. Are there any trainers that are in the game that would be holding one for me to use theft on? Or is there an easier way to find a Chansey. Also I heard somewhere that using the lucky egg may cause you to gain less stat boost upon leveling up, Is that true?
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

^ Sorry, but the only way if to get one from Chansey. No trainer's Pokémon will hold them, IIRC. You can find Chansey more easily by using the Chaining Method. I don't know who you heard the lower stat boost thing from, but it's not true.

Talking Anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Camcam View Post
    Does anybody know if you can have that old lady teach you Draco Meteor once, or can she teach it to a pokemon as many times as you want?
    You can learn it as much times as you want

Red face @

I'm having trouble getting a lucky egg. I know that they are on Chanseys, but it seems like Chansey never appears and when she does its always an oval stone that it holds. Are there any trainers that are in the game that would be holding one for me to use theft on? Or is there an easier way to find a Chansey. Also I heard somewhere that using the lucky egg may cause you to gain less stat boost upon leveling up, Is that true?
    There are no trainers holding any Lucky egg

I'm having trouble getting a lucky egg. I know that they are on Chanseys, but it seems like Chansey never appears and when she does its always an oval stone that it holds. Are there any trainers that are in the game that would be holding one for me to use theft on? Or is there an easier way to find a Chansey.
    I got 3 lucky eggs by chaining wild Chansey, getting oval eggs are pretty annoying but eventually you'll get a lucky egg. A great strategy I learned from trying to hunt for Dragon Scales is to have a pokemon in the front of your party that has the ability Ability: Compound Eyes this will up your chances of finding a held item on a wild pokemon then switch to a pokemon who has the ability ,Frisk ,which Reveals the foe’s held item. This way if it's holding an oval stone you don't bother stealing it but if it's holding a lucky egg you can nab it. I haven't tried this for getting lucky eggs yet but it worked wonders for Dragon Scale hunting. Good luck!
    "Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark."

Question

im trying to EV train my modest yanmega, and have only been fighting trainers with roselia and alakazam since about level 50.
    its now level 85 and its sp. attack is only 261, 103 away from its maximum, and sometimes it only goes up by 2 or so.
    what gives?

^ Did you clear all of its existing EVs before you started? And is its SpAtk IV imperfect?

sorry, not exactly a pro at this :P
    what is the best way to clear Ev's? is that with berries (im not good with berries, i never use them. most "wont have any effect")
    how would i know if it was imperfect?

thanks
    Last edited by steelix48; 1st March 2010 at 9:54 PM.

^ Lol, don't worry.

EV-Reducing Berries are the way to go. They will only have an effect if you have EVs in the stat they are set to reduce. The berry list is here, and you will need Berries 21 - 26. Be aware the the berries will first reduce the EVs to 100, then by a further 10 for each subsequent berry. Hence, it takes up to 11 Berries to wipe a Stat.

You should use the IV Calculator here. It works best at a high level.

thanks a lot
    ok its IV's are:
    im presuming imperfect is not 31?
    hopefully my last question, what is the quickest way to find those berries?
    unfortunately, i have none of those berries from 21-26 :P
    thanks

^ Those are some pretty nice IVs you have there... Are you sure you entered the values into the Calc right? There's only a 1/1048576 chance of getting 4 perfect IVs without complex breeding or *gasp* hacking.

Yea, anything that's not 31 is imperfect.

IIRC, there is an NPC somewhere that will give you them. Then, just grow them yourself.

ok, thanks

im not sure, i didnt enter any EP's, becuase i didnt record them.
    also, i got it from the wifi chat on this website, and it was hatched from an egg, so i'm really not sure :S

Edit:
    yeah i think im doing something wrong
    just entered my Garchomp, OT: me, and it has 31 in hp, attack and speed, and the attack box was red.
    im literally only entering the level and stats
    what else should i do?

thanks, i appreciate this
    Last edited by steelix48; 1st March 2010 at 10:25 PM.

What are the possible prizes from Jubilife Lotto?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast