Page 70 of 152 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Arsel View Post
    ^No it raises the Critical hit chance by 1 stage.
    Then that section needs to corrected....

Is it at stage 5 with scope lense/razor claw or not?

how do you get Spiritomb?
    Kakashi (to Naruto): "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, but it's not the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Psychic Monotype:
    Fighting Monotype:
    Steel Monotype:
    Fire Monotype:

Quote Originally Posted by Spacialrend View Post
    how do you get Spiritomb?
    Put the Odd Keystone into that stone statue on the route before Solaceon. Then talk to 32 different people in the Underground.

The best way to do that is to get two games and two DSes. Have on person enter the Underground, talk to them, then have them leave and re-enter. They'll count as a different person. Just do that till you have all 32 then go talk to that statue again and Spiritomb will appear.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Just commenting about imprison above. Reason it fails is because your opponents ahve to know at least 1 of the moves the user does for imprison to be set up, if it does, then the imprison effect is on the user. Otherwise, it fails. If the users moves change (IE, transform) then so does the imprisoned moves.

And yes, since the imprison effect is on the user, if the opponent switches pokes that also know a move the user knows, that is still blocked.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

The macho brace only lowers your speed in battle, not affect your growth in speed?

Halves speed...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulz View Post
    The macho brace only lowers your speed in battle, not affect your growth in speed?

Halves speed...?
    Yes it halves your Speed in Battle but doubles the EVs you gain.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

In platinum:
    So the IV rater in battle frontier says things about your overall and max IV stats. What decides the thing he says about overall IVs? I got 2 gibles and one's IV's counted together are 155 and the rater says "outstanding". The other gible has a lower total, but still the rater says "Relatively Superior". What's that about?
    (If you want to know, the superior is: 25-27-30-16-3-29 and the other I mentioned below)

And for the best IV he says it can't get better but according to the site's IV calc, it isn't 31 (the pkmn is 'Somewhat vain'), so i can be better imo, so he lies? And i fail to see the use of those 'sturdy body' and 'highly curious' etc. But more important, do those affect/decide the IV's or the other way around maybe?

And is there a better calculator then on the site? for the same pkmn i got these rates at lvl28 and 42: 28-26-29-13-29-28 vs. 28-28-30-14-30-29 SO there is quite the difference. I must say the IV rater only says my Sp.Def stat can't be any better. (I leveld with day care and rare candies)

Hope someone can clear this huge fog a bit, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkaar View Post
    In platinum:
    And for the best IV he says it can't get better but according to the site's IV calc, it isn't 31 (the pkmn is 'Somewhat vain'), so i can be better imo, so he lies? And i fail to see the use of those 'sturdy body' and 'highly curious' etc. But more important, do those affect/decide the IV's or the other way around maybe?
    He only says a few different things. He judges it based on a range of IVs. So 25-31 would be "can't get better" (Probably not the exact numbers, but whatever). The 'Sturdy body" etc. is based off of what IVs you have, not the other way around.

And is there a better calculator then on the site? for the same pkmn i got these rates at lvl28 and 42: 28-26-29-13-29-28 vs. 28-28-30-14-30-29 SO there is quite the difference. I must say the IV rater only says my Sp.Def stat can't be any better. (I leveld with day care and rare candies)

Hope someone can clear this huge fog a bit, thank you.
    Yes, there is a difference. The lower the level the less accurate the calculation is, that's the same with all calculators. There is less variation between the stats at lower levels.

I need help. My newly hatched Togepi was holding an Exp. Share. And then it used Metronome and the move was Fling. So, it threw it away. So, is there a way to have an Exp. Share again?
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

^ Yup. You need 3 right numbers in the Lottery and you'll recieve another.

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

Quote Originally Posted by Esmerry View Post
    ^ Yup. You need 3 right numbers in the Lottery and you'll recieve another.
    Oh. Okay. Thanks. That's great. But, I'm sure that I won't get lucky there. :|
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

^ You never know. You can highly increase your chances. Like, if you have Wi-fi, go to the GTS and trade a Pokémon. If you don't have Wi-fi, maybe trade with one of your friends? If you have 2 DS systems, trade with your own games (Example: Trade between Diamond and Platinum). Or migrate. More ID numbers means more chance in the Lottery.

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

Ah, my first post here. Well something fairly surprising happened today. I had a Gastrodon in the daycare, and when I took it out I had a look at the moves and compared them to my other Gastrodon. Then I set it as first in my party and go north to where all the tall grass is and use my Vs. Seeker. I battle the guy to my left and send out Gastrodon. Now the freaky part is - Its green! My first thought was "SHINY POKEMON WAT?!" But that couldn't be possible, I had raised that Gastrodon for a while now, and there were NO SPARKLES. I sent out my Hippopotas to check to see if it was shiny too (It wasn't). After the battle I look at the summary, and it looks like the average blue Gastrodon. I battle something, and its still green.

I don't know if I should switch the power off in hopes that it goes away, keep it, or just release it. I can see problems with all of these.

1. Power off - I can't really remember the last time I saved ._.

2. Keep it - What if it causes more serious glitches? I've had bad experinces with action replay....I have used it in the past, caught a glitched pokemon, and it killed the game. So I did a new game. This one.

3. Release - It would take forever to train another. Allow me to explain.
    My evil master plan is to train ALL of my Pokemon to level 100. Even the pachirisu. So before a gym battle, they all go up 5 levels. Right now, almost all of them are level 35 (Its a slow process, OK...), so I'm not sure I want to train another shellos...

So its pretty complicated. My brother says its awesome, but I'm not sure.

Help?

Yes it green. It's supposed t be green. East Gastrodon are coloured green. West are pink.

Yes, the back of the east Gastrodon is green:

And a Happy New Year.

What's Trump Card's dmg from 5 PP to 1? Does anything change if you use PP up on it?

from 8 pp to 5, base power is 40, at 4 pp its 50, 3 its 60, 2 its 75 and at 1 its at 190
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

I am tempted to trade my Ponyta over from Pearl to Platinum for Flame Wheel.
    Will I be able to trade him back?
    Kakashi (to Naruto): "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, but it's not the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Psychic Monotype:
    Fighting Monotype:
    Steel Monotype:
    Fire Monotype:

^^^^^^
    yer you shoul. pearl is compatible with diamond, platinum and the gen II remakes
    5429 - 7299 -8618
    BUG Type - Illumise, Ledyba, Venomoth

has there been any word on night's edge jirachi coming to australia?

badge by ~.:Northern Lights:.~

there has, there will be an event coming within the next couple of weeks according to toys r us' australian website, it doesnt list specific stores though so phone up ur local branch and ask there
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

I bred my female totodile w/ abomasnow that knows ice punch and it gave birth to an ice punch totodile. Then I bred the same Totodile to my Kingdra that knows Dragon Dance and this second totodile knew both hydro pump and dragon dance. However, both of these are male. How am I suppose to get a Totodile that knows both dragon dance and ice punch? Unless, I tutor my dragon dance totodile ice punch on route 212, that's another option.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    I bred my female totodile w/ abomasnow that knows ice punch and it gave birth to an ice punch totodile. Then I bred the same Totodile to my Kingdra that knows Dragon Dance and this second totodile knew both hydro pump and dragon dance. However, both of these are male. How am I suppose to get a Totodile that knows both dragon dance and ice punch? Unless, I tutor my dragon dance totodile ice punch on route 212, that's another option.
    Egg moves only come from the father so you'd either need a pokemon that can learn both moves (ie a dragonite that learns dragon dance by level and ice punch by move tutor) or, since you've already got the totodile with dragon dance, by tutoring him. I might be missing something but I'm not seeing one parent that learns these both by level up or by chain breeding.
    3ds friend code: 1907-8078-2974
    My friend safari has pachirisu, electabuzz, and galvantula. Send a message if you want to exchange friend code for that.

Latest shiny: Petilil
    Method: MM
    Date: 2-17-14

Total eggs hatched in current multihunt: 2,465 (I should probably finish hatching these soon, the poor dears have been in their eggs for a while.)
        Spoiler:- Current MM targets::

Random encounter shinies:

Pidgey (failed), Starly, Scyther, Starly, Pachirisu, Graveler, Stunfisk, Litwick, Woobat, Haunter, Hoppip, Nidoran♂, Weepinbell, Weepinbell, Axew

Masuda method shinies:

Munna (2086)
    Petilil (6)

does anyone have a mew for trade,,,it is the last pokemon i need for my pokedex besides deoxis

Quote Originally Posted by frost_lime View Post
    does anyone have a mew for trade,,,it is the last pokemon i need for my pokedex besides deoxis
    The trade forum is located here:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154

If the link is not working, try going this route:

Serebii Forum index
    >
    Fourth Gen Wifi Center(It is under the 4th Generation Section)
    >
    Trade Forum

Each Pokemon generation has its own section, and in that section are threads for every Pokemon ever.

You should read the Trading forum rules before you post anything though.

Good luck.

Page 70 of 152 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast