Page 82 of 152 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I've a question concerning Fishing in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Does Repel/Super Repel/Max Repel affect Pokemon that appear by Fishing? I mean to say, can I still find an Octillery or any other Pokemon in Sunyshore City while Fishing with Repel in effect? I haven't found anything in the last 4 minutes so it worries me, also, I'm just slightly curious since I'm not sure if Repel affects encounter rates of Rock Smash Pokemon either.
    Do Repels prevent you from encountering a legendary Pokémon?

if its a lower level than you, yes.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/29krqle.jpg[/IMG]
    SS FC: 3095 0579 5401. Black FC: 2795 1247 0008 X FC: 4270 1776 0283

please click them?
    My shinys:

There is no logical reason for Repels to prevent you from encountering Pokémon while fishing or while smashing rocks.
    If you wanted to avoid Wild Pokémon encounter, why do you even fish/rock smash in the first place?

I'd still like to have an answer to my last answer, but I also have another.
    If you go fishing for Feebas, is the spot they're at only filled with Feebas, or could you catch a magikarp and mistakenly pass the spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalla199 View Post
    I'd still like to have an answer to my last answer, but I also have another.
    If you go fishing for Feebas, is the spot they're at only filled with Feebas, or could you catch a magikarp and mistakenly pass the spot?
    It is possible, but if you get 10 hits with the rod/tile, you shouldn't miss one as the tiles they are in have a very high Feebas encounter rate.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

You could skip a Feebas tile and not notice it.
    Probably what happened to me, unless all 4 tiles were in the ¼ of water I didn't search.
    But it didn't matter, because then I decided to just fish in a random spot of water and found Feebas.

BTW, I don't recommend fishing 10 times per tile, you'd be wasting way too much time.
    In fact, I was fishing only once per tile and after 8 hours I only had done ¾ of the pond (And I didn't even find Feebas in there.)

A sure way of finding Feebas would be to fish around 3 times in the first 5 rows everyday.
    Eventually one of the 4 tiles will end up there and you'll find it.

But if you have more free time and don't mind fishing more, go for it.
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 5th August 2010 at 3:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Probably what happened to me, unless all 4 tiles were in the ź of water I didn't search.
    But it didn't matter, because then I decided to just fish in a random spot of water and found Feebas.

BTW, I don't recommend fishing 10 times per tile, you'd be wasting way too much time.
    In fact, I was fishing only once per tile and after 8 hours I only had done ž of the pond.
    It may take a while, but you won't miss the tile, like you may have. 5-10 is a good number, and if you are hunting Feebas, you should know it will take some effort and time to find it.

Probably what happened to me, unless all 4 tiles were in the ¼ of water I didn't search.

In fact, I was fishing only once per tile and after 8 hours I only had done ¾ of the pond (And I didn't even find Feebas in there.)

A sure way of finding Feebas would be to fish around 3 times in the first 5 rows everyday.
    Eventually one of the 4 tiles will end up there and you'll find it.

But if you have more free time and don't mind fishing more, go for it.
    I nearly spent three hours trying to find a male Onix, when I could have spent one minute to get a geodude, or only spent one hour and caught a female onix instead. I have time alright.

Do Repels prevent you from encountering a legendary Pokémon?
    I wouldn't think a Legendary Pokemon and a Pokemon encountered by Fishing/Rock Smash are the same. Legendary Pokemon are often "Interactable Pokemon" meaning that you have to talk to them to battle. Wild Pokemon and Roaming Legendaries are not Interactable Pokemon since they appear randomly. There's a difference.

There is no logical reason for Repels to prevent you from encountering Pokémon while fishing or while smashing rocks.
    If you wanted to avoid Wild Pokémon encounter, why do you even fish/rock smash in the first place?
    I'm not trying to avoid all Pokemon, just Pokemon that are encountered as I move around a watery area or a cave. When I fish I always move to a new area if I don't find the Pokemon I want, and I hate encountering Pokemon like Tentacool as I move around. The reason I asked is because I'm going to look for Feebas later on today and while trying to find Feebas in Mt. Coronet, I also have to keep moving when I don't find one in a certain tile. I didn't know whether Repel worked on Pokemon found by Fishing so I asked ahead of time. Looks like I found my answer.

Legendary Pokémon and Rock Smash/Fishing Pokémon are basically the same.
    They aren't encountered unless you specifically interact with them.

Repels are supposed to be helpful, and not an hindrance.
    When you use repels, they are helpful because you aren't bothered by wild Pokémon you don't want to see.
    But when you fish, it's usually because you want to find wild Pokémon.
    If Repels prevented you from finding wild Pokémon when you want to, they wouldn't be helpful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hitoshura0 View Post
    It may take a while, but you won't miss the tile, like you may have. 5-10 is a good number, and if you are hunting Feebas, you should know it will take some effort and time to find it.
    But if you take the time to fish 10 times per tile, you won't have enough time to search in every tile.
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 5th August 2010 at 3:40 AM.

But if you take the time to fish 10 times per tile, you won't have enough time to search in every tile.
    What? Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do that. You aren't trying to kill every Magikarp/Barboach you fish up. THAT would take far too much time. But then again, that is a subjective view.

Quote Originally Posted by hitoshura0 View Post
    What? Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do that. You aren't trying to kill every Magikarp/Barboach you fish up. THAT would take far too much time. But then again, that is a subjective view.
    As I said, I fished once in every spot, and it took me 7 hours to do only ž of the pond.
    If you fished 10 times, it would have taken me 70 hours for ž of the pond.
    Not even mentionning after 24 hours you have to start over.

And you think I'm stupid?
    I know if I were to KO every wild Magikarp I'd lose a lot of valuable time.

タイム イズ マニー・・・
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 5th August 2010 at 4:22 AM.

As I said, I fished once in every spot, and it took me 7 hours to do only ¾ of the pond.
    If you fished 10 times, it would have taken me 70 hours for ¾ of the pond.
    Not even mentionning after 24 hours you have to start over.

And you think I'm stupid?
    I know if I were to KO every wild Magikarp I'd lose a lot of valuable time.

タイム イズ マニー・・・
    No I never said you were stupid, I said that the way to search for Feebas in an efficient and timely manner is subjective, i.e. there is no right or wrong way.

Although I am wondering how you manged to pull off 3/4 of that small lake in 7 hours. I did about the same in 2-3 (It was about 4 years ago) with 5 fish hits/ spot. Were you interrupted or did you not have the rod hotkeyed?

And I know that the Time is the Money, but it isn't so nice to post Japanese characters in an English language board. I have a hard enough time with the language barrier as it is.
    Last edited by hitoshura0; 5th August 2010 at 4:30 AM.

Um, guys? This is a Help Thread, not a place to bicker.

Pingouin7, if it takes you 7 hours to do 3/4 of the pond, you're not doing something right. I've gotten through about half (I stopped b/c I found Feebas) in around an hour, fishing roughly 3x a spot. And no one said you were stupid.

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

Could someone tell me which Tyrogue ability becomes which ability for each of the three Hitmon's?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I dont know if this is true but I heard a rumor that if you keep your ds on while hatching eggs via masuda method one of your 2048 eggs will be a shiny ( supposing you actually manage to hatch 2048 eggs.) is this true?

and @foxy
    i think its
    guts ->limber (hitmonlee)-> keen eye (hitmonchan)-> Intimidate(hitmontop)
    Steadfast-> reckless (hitmonlee)-> Iron Fist ( hitmonchan)-> Technician (hitmontop)
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Is my pokemon real

Shiny latios lv 100 id 17676 caught in pokeball has pokerus

moves are luster purge,psychic and recover

ability levitate hp298/298 attack205 defense192 sp.atk291 sp.def216 speed231

caught in hoen arrived at lv 100 from japan
    (Use this unless told otherwise)
    Name:Luke
    White: 4641-9525-8932

Soul Silver Fc:2322-1303-1276
    Diamond Fc:5156-6608-0216

Is my pokemon real

(Use this unless told otherwise)
    Name:Luke
    White: 4641-9525-8932

Soul Silver Fc:2322-1303-1276
    Diamond Fc:5156-6608-0216

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    I dont know if this is true but I heard a rumor that if you keep your ds on while hatching eggs via masuda method one of your 2048 eggs will be a shiny ( supposing you actually manage to hatch 2048 eggs.) is this true?
    Keeping the system on makes no measurable difference.

And 1/2048 is a ratio. It comes out to roughly 0.05%. Every egg has a 1/2048 chance. More eggs hatched does not mean greater chance of a shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddoluke View Post
    Is my pokemon real

Not the place for this. There's a thread specifically for this IIRC.

EDIT: Here. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=358447
    Last edited by projectaumaan; 6th August 2010 at 6:27 AM.

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

Quick Question.

What base power does Weather Ball have during a weather condition, eg, sunny, raining, sandstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post
    Quick Question.

What base power does Weather Ball have during a weather condition, eg, sunny, raining, sandstorm?
    It's base power turns to 100 during a weather condition.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    It's base power turns to 100 during a weather condition.
    Thanks

10char

Default I do not get the Great Marsh at all.

The fact that which Pokemon are in which zones is RANDOM drives me absolutely nuts! But okay, I guess I could handle that, if the binoculars weren't so damn confusing.

So there are three binoculars. Does it matter which pair you look into?

There are supposedly 6 zones, but there are only five shots when you look into the binoculars. What's up with that?

Which Pokemon appear in which shot changes each time I look into the binoculars. Does that mean the locations of the Pokemon I'm seeking--Croagunk and Skorupi--have changed?

An answer to any of these questions would be much appreciated.
    Spreading love for N with every post. <3

I never really got the binoculars either they just confuse me. And personally I HATE the great Marsh

Platinum team

Currently replaying Emerald

Ok I want to restart a 4th generation game except that:

- I have multiple traded pokémon on Pearl, an Arceus, an event Pichu and a jirachi I didn't pick up...
    - On platinum: a movie Shaymin, a Darkrai, and an other Jirachi
    - On Soulsilver: An Arceus, an event pikachu (PCP evolved), and a third SMR2010 Jirachi...

Meaning that i prevented myself from restarting since I have event pokes on all my games and only one DS...
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Page 82 of 152 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast