Page 83 of 152 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3777

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

The fact that which Pokemon are in which zones is RANDOM drives me absolutely nuts! But okay, I guess I could handle that, if the binoculars weren't so damn confusing.

So there are three binoculars. Does it matter which pair you look into?

There are supposedly 6 zones, but there are only five shots when you look into the binoculars. What's up with that?

Which Pokemon appear in which shot changes each time I look into the binoculars. Does that mean the locations of the Pokemon I'm seeking--Croagunk and Skorupi--have changed?

An answer to any of these questions would be much appreciated.
    Please post in the Help thread here next time please as the rules/announcement states.

As I don't know myself, going to merge with the Help thread.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    Ok I want to restart a 4th generation game except that:

- I have multiple traded pokémon on Pearl, an Arceus, an event Pichu and a jirachi I didn't pick up...
    - On platinum: a movie Shaymin, a Darkrai, and an other Jirachi
    - On Soulsilver: An Arceus, an event pikachu (PCP evolved), and a third SMR2010 Jirachi...

Meaning that i prevented myself from restarting since I have event pokes on all my games and only one DS...
    I have no idea what you're asking here. Might be helpful to include a question to answer.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

How can I restart a game withoiut losing my event pokémon ?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Trade them over to another game. Not that hard.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

You trade them to another game. If you don't trade them away, they will be lost along with every other bit of data in your current save file

S/he only has one DS, so trading is a bit hard.

Maybe you can ask a real life friend with a DS if you can use it and trade with your own games?

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Please post in the Help thread here next time please as the rules/announcement states.

As I don't know myself, going to merge with the Help thread.
    Ah, all right. Thank you for moving it, then.

AUGH! I've managed to capture Azurill and Skorupi, but I canNOT find Croagunk ANYWHERE. I've even tried doing that thing where you pull the clock back to just before midnight and wait for it to go over again, and try again...But it's no good! I keep seeing Carnivines. WHY is this ******* so hard to catch?

If someone knew exactly how the mechanics of the Great Marsh worked and could just confirm to me that I'm not doing something wrong...
    Spreading love for N with every post. <3

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    There's two ways to look at it:

A.) If the PokeRadar increased the chances of finding a shiny, regardless of whether it was in a shiny patch or not, then it's a chained shiny by definition.

B.) If the shiny he got was NOT due to increased chances from the PokeRadar, and rather simply out of sheer dumb luck, then it's not a chained shiny, but it was also NOT thanks to the PokeRadar. It was simply a fortunate circumstance.

PokeRadar = Chained. End of story.
    The pokemon itself being part of a chain does not make the shiny chained. I've gotten two shinies that weren't in shiny patches while chaining. I used the one I got in Platinum to find my SID in that game, something you can't do with a chanined shiny, in fact I checked one that I did chain just to make sure and it gave me a different SID. However, I know the non-shiny patch one I got in a chain is in fact a random encounter shiny because I tested my SID by RNGing a shiny egg. So no, a shiny caught in a non-shiny patch while chaining does not count as a chained shiny, it's as rare as finding one while just walking in the grass, in a cave, surfing, fishing, etc.
    3ds friend code: 1907-8078-2974
    My friend safari has pachirisu, electabuzz, and galvantula. Send a message if you want to exchange friend code for that.

Latest shiny: Petilil
    Method: MM
    Date: 2-17-14

Total eggs hatched in current multihunt: 2,465 (I should probably finish hatching these soon, the poor dears have been in their eggs for a while.)
        Spoiler:- Current MM targets::

Random encounter shinies:

Pidgey (failed), Starly, Scyther, Starly, Pachirisu, Graveler, Stunfisk, Litwick, Woobat, Haunter, Hoppip, Nidoran♂, Weepinbell, Weepinbell, Axew

Masuda method shinies:

Munna (2086)
    Petilil (6)

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff View Post
    The pokemon itself being part of a chain does not make the shiny chained. I've gotten two shinies that weren't in shiny patches while chaining. I used the one I got in Platinum to find my SID in that game, something you can't do with a chanined shiny, in fact I checked one that I did chain just to make sure and it gave me a different SID. However, I know the non-shiny patch one I got in a chain is in fact a random encounter shiny because I tested my SID by RNGing a shiny egg. So no, a shiny caught in a non-shiny patch while chaining does not count as a chained shiny, it's as rare as finding one while just walking in the grass, in a cave, surfing, fishing, etc.
    I can confirm this too. I found my SID by using a shiny that I found in a non-shiny patch during a chain. For some reason a lot of people think that you cant find your SID by using any shiny pokemon found with the pokeradar. This is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    My Staryu got Pokerus from battling Jasmine's Steelix.
    Someone has a few phone calls to make...

Quote Originally Posted by TomNook View Post
    I can confirm this too. I found my SID by using a shiny that I found in a non-shiny patch during a chain. For some reason a lot of people think that you cant find your SID by using any shiny pokemon found with the pokeradar. This is wrong.
    You can get your SID by using something like 4 chained shinies.
    Not sure how, though.

If you get the egg from Riley and it hatches into a female Rylow, Ryloo, Rilow......nevermind ther name, if you get a female can you just turn the game on and off without saving, and possibly get a male?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalla199 View Post
    If you get the egg from Riley and it hatches into a female Rylow, Ryloo, Rilow......nevermind ther name, if you get a female can you just turn the game on and off without saving, and possibly get a male?
    If you saved before you got the Egg, yes.

And it's Riolu... you could have just looked it up...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yes, you can get a male Riolu or if you have the patience you could try to get a shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you saved before you got the Egg, yes.

And it's Riolu... you could have just looked it up...
    Or I could let you do it for me.

Or I could let you do it for me.
    Hey, he answered your question. No need to be rude. =/

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

I have a question in regards to the Day Care Center. If I leave a Pokemon with an Eggmove at the Day Care Center and it forgets that Eggmove, would I possibly be able to have the Pokemon relearn that move at Pastoria City's move relearner? Or is it gone for good?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I have a question in regards to the Day Care Center. If I leave a Pokemon with an Eggmove at the Day Care Center and it forgets that Eggmove, would I possibly be able to have the Pokemon relearn that move at Pastoria City's move relearner? Or is it gone for good?
    It's gone for good. The Move Relearner only relearns level up moves.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

Default When do evs full benifit

When a pokemon is trained in it's 510 ev points but is not level 100 yet and I go into a wifi battle set at level 100, will it gain that the ev bonus stats?
    thank you arande
    Last edited by triangle; 13th August 2010 at 7:01 PM.
    2751-5890-1058

What's the easiest way to catch Kangaskhan in the safari game? I'm having a hard time catching him. Simply, is there any tips or tricks that can make it easier to catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by DJStuffy View Post
    What's the easiest way to catch Kangaskhan in the safari game? I'm having a hard time catching him. Simply, is there any tips or tricks that can make it easier to catch it?
    Well, it's all about luck. But to keep it around instead of fleeing use bait, but it makes it harder to catch and a rock makes it more likely to flee but easier to catch. When I caught mine I threw some bait, then a ball, then a rock, then a ball and it was in. That's normally my method of catching Pokemon in the Safari Game if my first attempt fails.

I am having a lot of trouble catching legendaries. I false swiped Zapdos to one HP and paralyzed. I then used over 20 Dusk balls at night and still rarely got pass one shake. Any suggestions?
    Current Teams:
    FireRed:
    Lvl 16 Lvl 19 Lvl 17 Lvl 23 Lvl 24 Lvl 15
    SoulSilver
    Lvl 25 Lvl 27 Lvl 31 Lvl 23 Lvl 25 Lvl 24

Quote Originally Posted by cottageboy789 View Post
    I am having a lot of trouble catching legendaries. I false swiped Zapdos to one HP and paralyzed. I then used over 20 Dusk balls at night and still rarely got pass one shake. Any suggestions?
    Just keep trying. I just kept throwing Dusk Balls at night, don't give up. I managed to catch all three of the birds and Cresselia in Duck Balls around 9pm, I think that's when the Dusk Balls work the best- but, it's no proven fact, just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TR4eva View Post
    Just keep trying. I just kept throwing Dusk Balls at night, don't give up. I managed to catch all three of the birds and Cresselia in Duck Balls around 9pm, I think that's when the Dusk Balls work the best- but, it's no proven fact, just a guess.
    ALright, thanks, although i am sort of tired of having to reset because Articuno used struggle. ALthough i had on stroke of luck. My first playthrough of Emerald against rayquaza. I caught him in a pokeball fourth turn at full HP. If only i could have that luck again.
    Current Teams:
    FireRed:
    Lvl 16 Lvl 19 Lvl 17 Lvl 23 Lvl 24 Lvl 15
    SoulSilver
    Lvl 25 Lvl 27 Lvl 31 Lvl 23 Lvl 25 Lvl 24

Quote Originally Posted by triangle View Post
    When a pokemon is trained in it's 510 ev points but is not level 100 yet and I go into a wifi battle set at level 100, will it gain that the ev bonus stats?
    Yes, the EVs scale with level, including when set level rules are used.

And for catching legendary, put it to sleep. Sleep and freezing help a lot more than other status effects.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Quote Originally Posted by TR4eva View Post
    Well, it's all about luck. But to keep it around instead of fleeing use bait, but it makes it harder to catch and a rock makes it more likely to flee but easier to catch. When I caught mine I threw some bait, then a ball, then a rock, then a ball and it was in. That's normally my method of catching Pokemon in the Safari Game if my first attempt fails.
    It worked, appreciate it bud.

Page 83 of 152 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast