Page 84 of 151 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3759

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

I have a question. I'm stuck on route 226 unable to get off the meisters island. None of my pokemon can fly or surf- finneon I traded had surf. There arent any trainers or tall grass to white out to/in, so I am trapped. Do I have to start over?
    List of taboo subjects in my house (even though i live alone);
    tinned food,
    That is all

Can any of your pokémon learn fly or surf?

Also, you can fish.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Blastoise View Post
    Can any of your pokémon learn fly or surf?

Also, you can fish.
    Worse case is that you've got to evolve your Magikarp so you can teach it surf.

But chances are you'll have Evolved it or fainted by then.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default uncommon legendaries in the dex

Hi, i´m just wondering if you can get uncommon legendaries in your dex like celebi, shaymin or phione whitout actually obtaining them, so you later can trade them through the GTS later.
    sorry for poor language, i´m swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by kingen View Post
    Hi, i´m just wondering if you can get uncommon legendaries in your dex like celebi, shaymin or phione whitout actually obtaining them, so you later can trade them through the GTS later.
    sorry for poor language, i´m swedish.
    No, you have to actually get one to actually see it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Me again with the magikarp, going through the game, I couldn't be bothered to get any rods...
    List of taboo subjects in my house (even though i live alone);
    tinned food,
    That is all

You really had to restart?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy 19 View Post
    Me again with the magikarp, going through the game, I couldn't be bothered to get any rods...
    Rare candies to evolve?

Did you save after trading?

BTW, how did you get a finneon? You need to fish for it.
    Last edited by Master Blastoise; 13th August 2010 at 8:54 PM.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

(Made by Sinnohdragon)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Blastoise View Post
    Rare candies to evolve?

Did you save after trading?

BTW, how did you get a finneon? You need to fish for it.
    She/He could have gotten it in a trade...
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Default Super Contests

Hey, I've got a Gardevoir trying to win the Master Rank of the Smart division for the Super Contests. I had actually won it before (by using Calm Mind, Psychic, Calm Mind, Psychic on Dexter) but my game froze and I lost it and have since been unable to win again or even come close. I noticed that I'm always trailing behind in the visuals despite having the Green Scarf and maxed Smartness. I'm even looking through here while the timers running to pile on everything beforehand but for some reason I'm falling behind by a significant amount.

Any tips for placing accessories for the visual round or moves to add for the acting round?

I had a bit of trouble too with my Milotic for Master Rank Beauty, but I just got lucky by getting the crowd excited...

Are you falling behind on the dance part too? Are other contestants screwing with you? Are they getting the crowd excited? Do you have the max amount of accessories to put in the theme for max points? What is the nature and moveset of the Gardevoir?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

That's how I won the first time. I'm pretty sharp at dancing, never miss a beat and I can normally make everyone miss at least once if I go left, right, left, right, up, down, right, left.

Other than my one excited crowd the voltage has only been at 3 at best. I have alot of the accessories for most themes (can I just keep putting on multiple of the same accessory on and not be penalized?) Gardevoir is Modest and knows Psychic, Future Sight, Thunderbeam, and Calm Mind (he was originally my special sweeper).

Quote Originally Posted by IronDino View Post
    That's how I won the first time. I'm pretty sharp at dancing, never miss a beat and I can normally make everyone miss at least once if I go left, right, left, right, up, down, right, left.

Other than my one excited crowd the voltage has only been at 3 at best. I have alot of the accessories for most themes (can I just keep putting on multiple of the same accessory on and not be penalized?) Gardevoir is Modest and knows Psychic, Future Sight, Thunderbeam, and Calm Mind (he was originally my special sweeper).
    There is your problem.

Modest is best for Beauty.

For Smart contests, you need Calm, Gentle, Careful, or Sassy.

Your pokemon also needs move that match the Contest for best results. Thunderbolt is for Cool.

Its very unlikely that a pokemon for battles can also work in contests, which is why you should plan out the moveset, instead of just picking moves that match the category.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

There is a building on route 228, just north of the Resort Area, that I can't seem to get to.

I might be missing something really simple here, but how do I reach it?
    Pokemon Trainer

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4164-6914
    Friend Safari: Dragon - Dragonair, Fraxure, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitto View Post
    There is a building on route 228, just north of the Resort Area, that I can't seem to get to.

I might be missing something really simple here, but how do I reach it?
    You need to climb a different sand slope with the bike's speed setting. Try the first sand slope in the Route, the one at the southernmost end of Route 228, the one closest to the Resort Area.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You need to climb a different sand slope with the bike's speed setting. Try the first sand slope in the Route, the one at the southernmost end of Route 228, the one closest to the Resort Area.
    Thanks, got it. You need to get a run up, do a quick turn, then up the slope. I couldn't figure that out before.

Pity there is nothing really interesting there, apart from Cyrus's grandfather, but he gives nothing :/
    Pokemon Trainer

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4164-6914
    Friend Safari: Dragon - Dragonair, Fraxure, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    There is your problem.

Your pokemon also needs move that match the Contest for best results. Thunderbolt is for Cool.

Its very unlikely that a pokemon for battles can also work in contests, which is why you should plan out the moveset, instead of just picking moves that match the category.
    Well the Nature only really affects what type of Pokeblocks or Poffins your Pokemon likes in regards to raising the desired stat, not the actual contest right? My Crobat liked the Dry flavor and hated Sweet but I still managed to max out both Beauty and Cuteness (he would be great but he only knows makes me so proud). Also I just checked my Gardevoirs nature is Gentle (my bad on Modest, I just guessed). But what would be a good moveset for him to have for a Smart Contest. I figure Calm Mind and Psychic are good to keep, would replacing Thunderbold and Future Sight with maybe Reflect and Taunt? I'm not too sharp at these contests so I don't really know what to do for them. There isn't really a Super Contest guide just information telling you about what accessories are good for what and idea's for jumping, hardly anything for the appeal aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    There is your problem.

Well the Nature only really affects what type of Pokeblocks or Poffins your Pokemon likes in regards to raising the desired stat, not the actual contest right? My Crobat liked the Dry flavor and hated Sweet but I still managed to max out both Beauty and Cuteness (he would be great but he only knows makes me so proud). Also I just checked my Gardevoirs nature is Gentle (my bad on Modest, I just guessed). But what would be a good moveset for him to have for a Smart Contest. I figure Calm Mind and Psychic are good to keep, would replacing Thunderbold and Future Sight with maybe Reflect and Taunt? I'm not too sharp at these contests so I don't really know what to do for them. There isn't really a Super Contest guide just information telling you about what accessories are good for what and idea's for jumping, hardly anything for the appeal aspect.

In Diamond/Pearl you can only save up to, I think, 23 Hall Of Fame records. What happens when you complete the league for the 24th time? Does it just not save the record or automatically save over a previous record? Or do you get a choice whether you want to save or not?

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Deicario View Post
    In Diamond/Pearl you can only save up to, I think, 23 Hall Of Fame records. What happens when you complete the league for the 24th time? Does it just not save the record or automatically save over a previous record? Or do you get a choice whether you want to save or not?
    It will erase your 1st one. And then if you beat it a 25th time then it'll erase your 2nd one. Pretty much it only keeps the last 23 that you did.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

How do you breed an eevee with wish?
    Platinum | 3138 1396 9174

You'll have to breed it with a male parent that knows Wish. Smeargle is the easiest, because the others involve breeding as well. Look here.

(Made by Sinnohdragon)

kk, thanks
    Edit: Also, is it safe to use and train cloned pokemons?
    Last edited by Ekkalux; 16th August 2010 at 7:24 AM.
    Platinum | 3138 1396 9174

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkalux View Post
    Edit: Also, is it safe to use and train cloned pokemons?
    Yes. Only the cloning process is risky.

1337pie and 1337karp by BynineB
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteelix900 (In thread "What does the bottom half of Diglett/Dugtrio look like?") View Post
    probably a laod of darkrai clinging on followed by millions of steelix and sceptiles and richus AND BATTLE TOWERS AND GROUDONS AND WAILORDS AND SKITTYS (LOL) AND AND ANND!!!!! a wooper

eh iv got no arms
    well ican use ice punch O_o

Weird brown spinning thing made by this guy

Spoiler:- oh no:
    I claimed Magikarp in the Official Claim a Pokémon Thread (but it's the old thread so I suck)

Quote Originally Posted by DJStuffy View Post
    It worked, appreciate it bud.
    Anytime, glad it worked

Page 84 of 151 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast