Page 90 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3785

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

UPDATE: I haven't been searching for a Trapinch, but I'd still like some advice, because there must be something that I'm not doing correctly.

Also, I want to apologize for putting up with me. :-P

There's no real advice we can give you. You appear to be doing everything right, using repels, only encountering in the sparkly grass. The problem is that Trapinch has a low encounter rate. That means you'll probably have to keep trying at this again and again. You are lacking patience, not skill. If you can't be bothered to do this, then you may as well breed the Vibrava you got. It'll be faster and easier.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

Quote Originally Posted by aedunnavant View Post
    UPDATE: I haven't been searching for a Trapinch, but I'd still like some advice, because there must be something that I'm not doing correctly.

Also, I want to apologize for putting up with me. :-P
    Hm i don't know what you could be doing wrong..What i know is that Trapinch is Extremely hard to encounter so you have to really patient if you want one...Are you just using the repel and then going into the grass patches that shake? If so,yeah, you are doing the right thing. Once again...Be very Patient or if you're just sick of it..i say catch a Vibrava and breed it with a ditto or something < that is the common way of obtaining a Trapinch throughout the Diamond and Pearl series.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

@hitoshura0: I may be impatient, but I still don't want to breed, unless I have no choice. Call it stubbornness, call it whatever you want. Me? I call it willpower.

@Metagross Guy: I apply a Max Repel, use the radar and then I walk to the furthest part of the area that shakes. But I was told that if I put a high-level Pok&#233;mon, while using a Repel, I will only encounter low-level Pok&#233;mon; however, I still encounter high-level Pok&#233;mon. That's what I don't understand.
    Last edited by aedunnavant; 4th September 2010 at 1:14 AM. Reason: I added, "Me? I call it willpower."

@hitoshura0: I may be impatient, but I still don't want to breed, unless I have no choice. Call it stubbornness, call it whatever you want. Me? I call it willpower.

@Metagross Guy: I apply a Max Repel, use the radar and then I walk to the furthest part of the area that shakes. But I was told that if I put a high-level Pokémon, while using a Repel, I will only encounter low-level Pokémon; however, I still encounter high-level Pokémon. That's what I don't understand.
    The pokemon in the first slot is how the game decides what to block and what not to.

When using Repels, if the first pokemon is a low level, pokemon of a higher level ignore the repel. Pokemon of a lower level DO NOT appear.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Oh, I must have misunderstood, then. I'm sorry.

So if I want low-level Pok&#233;mon to appear, I need to have a low-level Pok&#233;mon occupying the first slot?

Yeah, thats how it works. But the Repel is worthless if the pokemon you want is the weakest in the wild, and you're not using the PokeRadar.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

OK, so let me put all of this into perspective...

1. I need to put my lowest-level Pok&#233;mon in the first slot.
    2. I need to fly to Route 228.
    3. I need to walk to some grass.
    4. Apply a Repel (I have Max Repels, but if I recall, any kind if fine).
    5. Use the Pok&#233; Radar.
    6. Walk into one of the small areas of grass that shakes.

Is that correct?

(SIDE NOTE: I'm so sorry. I feel like a total noob. I really appreciate all the help I'm getting, and hope no one is getting fed up with all of my questions.)

OK, so let me put all of this into perspective...

1. I need to put my lowest-level Pok&#233;mon in the first slot.
    2. I need to fly to Route 228.
    3. I need to walk to some grass.
    4. Apply a Repel (I have Max Repels, but if I recall, any kind if fine).
    5. Use the Pok&#233; Radar.
    6. Walk into one of the small areas of grass that shakes.

Is that correct?

(SIDE NOTE: I'm so sorry. I feel like a total noob. I really appreciate all the help I'm getting, and hope no one is getting fed up with all of my questions.)
    Dude read the title of this tread, its the help thread so we are here to help! =)

All is correct but remember to walk into a patch that shakes and has a little shine on it....Good luck with the Trapinch!
    EDIT: Dont forget to be patient!
    Last edited by Metagross Guy; 4th September 2010 at 4:55 AM.

Thank you. I will be patient, I promise. :-)

Oh, and I just wanted to say that, because I didn't want anyone to think that I'm a mentally retarded. I promise that I'm well-educated...just not in Pok&#233;mon.

Thank you. I will be patient, I promise. :-)

Oh, and I just wanted to say that, because I didn't want anyone to think that I'm a mentally retarded. I promise that I'm well-educated...just not in Pokémon.
    I doubt anyone thought you were retarded, just unlucky is all.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

I'm going to give up for now. There's a lot of Pok&#233;mon that I want, so I'll come back to it at a later date. Hopefully, I'll have some luck by then.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I'm going to give up for now. There's a lot of Pokémon that I want, so I'll come back to it at a later date. Hopefully, I'll have some luck by then.
    Don't worry about the luck. It took me about 15 hours of trying before I chained my first shiny and figured out how to do it properly.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Wait, does everyone think I want a shiny? I'm sorry, I just want a regular Trapinch. I apologize if I confused y'all. >_<
    Last edited by aedunnavant; 4th September 2010 at 2:23 PM. Reason: I misspelled "Trapinch".

I haven't, as when I asked yesterday, you told me you wanted it for the Dex.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Same, i knew you just wanted a regular Trapinch, probably SkittyOnWailord misunderstood but still even the regular Trapinch is super rare.

OK, just making sure. :-)

Anyway, I have a new question, which has been bothering me for quite some time. Does anyone think it's stupid to only play the games for the enjoyment? Personally, I don't think about stats, EV training, Pokémon competitions -- things like that. I play, because I enjoy the games. I play through the game, catch Pokémon along the way and then I work on leveling up the Pokémon that I catch.

I don't know, it's been bothering me, and I wanted to get some other opinions (I posted my question in this thread, because I'm mainly playing Diamond, so I figured it was appropriate to post here).
    Last edited by aedunnavant; 4th September 2010 at 7:14 PM. Reason: I forgot to add a few punctuation marks.

Well no, the series are actually games for you to play and enjoy its just that some people actually take it more seriously than just regular "gaming" and more of a competition. Thats mostly why they EV train and so on. They do it so they can pretty much win battles against their friends or other people worldwide. Honestly when i first started playing this game (probably like the Crystal,Leafgreen and Firered versions) , i played it for fun but after the release of III Gen (R/S/E) i kinda got into the competitive act >.< I've been training my Pokemon in EV's and all that. Well i should get to the point :P No its not stupid, some play it for fun others play it for fun and just beating other kids >.<

That's a good point. I mean, I do want good movesets/stats for my team, but I'm not going to take so much time building a super group.

Moreover, I'm surprised that only one person commented. I'm hoping for more opinions, so don't hesitate to express yourself. :-)

Video games are meant to be played and enjoyed. If you get enjoyment out of breeding for certain IVs or EV training then that is how you should play, if you do not then you shouldn't worry about it.

When games become a chore it is no longer a game.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 5th September 2010 at 12:31 AM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I guess that's the "/thread" of my question. :-P

Oh well. I have a lot of questions, so I better move on.

When I apply honey to a tree, can I manipulate my DS Lite's clock, so I can speed up the process?

I guess that's the "/thread" of my question. :-P

Oh well. I have a lot of questions, so I better move on.

When I apply honey to a tree, can I manipulate my DS Lite's clock, so I can speed up the process?
    No, changing the time stops all time-based events.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So I just have to wait, eh? How long does it take, or is it always random?
    Last edited by aedunnavant; 5th September 2010 at 4:09 PM. Reason: I re-wrote my post.

So I just have to wait, eh? How long does it take, or is it always random?
    If memory serves it is 12 hours.

That's not too bad, I suppose.

So can I turn off my DS Lite, or do I have to play until 12 hours has elapsed?

Page 90 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast