Page 94 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3776

Thread: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

  1. #2326
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omiejay View Post
    yeah i think it'd be better to ev train the hp in cases where like... you can max out a defence but get hit and die from a special attack :/
    at least maxing out hp means you can take more damage from both attacks and special attacks.

    what about with pokemon who already have high base defences (ie both defences are high, like claydol, bronzong, spiritomb)? would it be better to max out their hp and maybe att or spatt, as opposed to maxxing out both defences?
    Well, most people would rather max a stat a poke is good in as opposed to maxing a stat that they suck in.
    It's because maxing out a low stat on a pokemon is kinda useless since that stat isn't the pokemon's strong point.
    Even if you max out their HP and attk, they wont do much or survive that long either because that particular stat is garbage on them.
    They'll be outclassed by ones EV'd in their beneficial stat. I dunno if you get what I'm saying, but I tried.
    Last edited by The Tail; 19th September 2010 at 8:29 PM.

  2. #2327
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    sydeny, australia
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tail View Post
    Well, most people would rather max a stat a poke is good in as opposed to maxing a stat that they suck in.
    It's because maxing out a low stat on a pokemon is kinda useless since that stat isn't the pokemon's strong point.
    Even if you max out their HP and attk, they wont do much or survive that long either because that particular stat is garbage on them.
    They'll be outclassed by ones EV'd in their beneficial stat. I dunno if you get what I'm saying, but I tried.
    i know what you're saying, and i do this. eg i wont max out a golem's spdef since its **** anyway (and i can always use sandstorm to double it).
    but when it comes to, say, machamp, where both of its defences are crappy (80 and 85), would it be more beneficial to opt for (obviously giving 252 ev's to attack, then..) giving 252 ev's to hp OR evenly spreading it to the defences?

    i think hp would be better, you can have as much defence as you want, but if someone uses a move that always deal a fixed amount of damage (like sonicboom, dragonrage, nightshade, seismic toss), then more hp will do you better.

  3. #2328
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the ghetto with my shinies.
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Are you using the same DS every day? Do you play and SAVE the day before if you did swap DSes?
    I play Platinum on different DSes all the time. I don't keep track of which game I last Saved on though...
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia




    Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

    Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

  4. #2329
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFufu View Post
    I play Platinum on different DSes all the time. I don't keep track of which game I last Saved on though...
    That's why. Switching DSes is the same as switching the time which causes time based events to stop until a day has passed.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #2330
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    How do you get a shiny starter?

  6. #2331
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1 View Post
    How do you get a shiny starter?
    By either restarting your game until you get one or by hatching one...


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #2332
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    By either restarting your game until you get one or by hatching one...
    Okay Thanks

    I just wanted to know if it was possible to get one at the very beginning. I suppose if you're willing to sit there and restart the game for a few days, you might get it.

    I also have another question..

    How do you get Pokemon like Mesprit. Do I just follow it around on the map until I get it ?

  8. #2333
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1 View Post
    How do you get Pokemon like Mesprit. Do I just follow it around on the map until I get it ?
    Yes you just have to follow it around. It usually jumps around from Route to Route so you may have to rely on chance to make it appear on the same Route you're on.

  9. #2334
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1 View Post
    How do you get Pokemon like Mesprit. Do I just follow it around on the map until I get it ?
    Adding onto what KIRA said, if you pick a spot in Sinnoh with two adjacent routes (route 210 and 215, for example) you can run back and forth between the two to get Mesprit to move and wait until it comes to you. It's a lot easier than running towards one end of the map only to have Mesprit jump back to where you were originally.
    Last edited by Swiftrz & Milotic; 22nd September 2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Freak is my (trainer) name, Milotics are my game
    Swift, shiny human, female, awesome nature



    Kawaii!

        Spoiler:- Friend Codes / Credits:



  10. #2335
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Also; if you use repels and have a Pokemon that is a higher level than the wild Pokemon in that route, but not above level 50, you'll only find Mesprit. Just makes it a little faster.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #2336
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Oh okay. Because as soon as I fly to the area where it is, it leaves straight away. Is going between Route 210/215 making it likely that it will pop in there easier?

  12. #2337
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1 View Post
    Oh okay. Because as soon as I fly to the area where it is, it leaves straight away. Is going between Route 210/215 making it likely that it will pop in there easier?
    Roaming Pokemon move when you enter a new route, so moving back and forth between two routes keeps Mesprit moving, essentially letting Mesprit come to you instead of chasing it. Just takes a bit of patience and he'll eventually appear in the same area you're in.
    Freak is my (trainer) name, Milotics are my game
    Swift, shiny human, female, awesome nature



    Kawaii!

        Spoiler:- Friend Codes / Credits:



  13. #2338
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Thank you for the information!

  14. #2339
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    200

    Default Perfect Poffin Predicament

    I really don't know where to ask this. Hope I'm in the right place.

    So...a while back while jotting down notes on Berries (in case I can't use a computer while playing Pokemon) I noticed that Lansat and Starf Berries have Spicy, Sour, and Sweet Flavors, and Ganlon Berries have Dry and Bitter flavors.

    I came to the sudden realization that, in theory, with these two berries put together, I can make PERFECT Poffins, much like one of the first poffins you get early on in the game after you've gotten your Poffin Case.

    I didn't have anyone to test it with though.

    So I asked a friend to help out, gave her one Ganlon berry, and she grew more.

    Today we decided to make some Poffins. I used Lansat, she used Ganlon. Our Poffin making skills were just about perfectly in sync.

    And the end result!?

    lv. 12 bitter Poffin.

    .....wut?

    We tried again. Lansat + Ganlon.

    Perfection again. No spills or burns.

    lv. 12 bitter Poffin.

    .......

    We tried one more time. This time Starf + Ganlon.

    NEAR perfection (LAAAAAAGGGG)

    lv. 11 Bitter poffin.


    I MAKE BETTER POFFINS ON MY OWN!!

    What the heck happened? I thought for sure my theory was correct!! QAQ

    And I just checked....we made the equivalent to 1 Rawst Berry Poffin all by itself. O_o;
    [img]http://i48.*******.com/qzkidl.png[/img]
    Nightmare on the Job (fanfic)
    I have claimed Miror B. of Pokemon Colosseum/XD [2/25/2010]
    I also claimed Miror B/Mirorbo x Trudly/Troy x Folly/Heboy [RadarShipping]
    [img]http://i45.*******.com/2jfma0h.png[/img]
    Inventor of the Miror B. ribbon! Obsessed? Me? Never!

  15. #2340
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckster View Post
    I really don't know where to ask this. Hope I'm in the right place.

    So...a while back while jotting down notes on Berries (in case I can't use a computer while playing Pokemon) I noticed that Lansat and Starf Berries have Spicy, Sour, and Sweet Flavors, and Ganlon Berries have Dry and Bitter flavors.

    I came to the sudden realization that, in theory, with these two berries put together, I can make PERFECT Poffins, much like one of the first poffins you get early on in the game after you've gotten your Poffin Case.

    I didn't have anyone to test it with though.

    So I asked a friend to help out, gave her one Ganlon berry, and she grew more.

    Today we decided to make some Poffins. I used Lansat, she used Ganlon. Our Poffin making skills were just about perfectly in sync.

    And the end result!?

    lv. 12 bitter Poffin.

    .....wut?

    We tried again. Lansat + Ganlon.

    Perfection again. No spills or burns.

    lv. 12 bitter Poffin.

    .......

    We tried one more time. This time Starf + Ganlon.

    NEAR perfection (LAAAAAAGGGG)

    lv. 11 Bitter poffin.


    I MAKE BETTER POFFINS ON MY OWN!!

    What the heck happened? I thought for sure my theory was correct!! QAQ

    And I just checked....we made the equivalent to 1 Rawst Berry Poffin all by itself. O_o;
    The problem is that the flavors in the two berries are canceling each other out. Basically, each flavor negates the flavor located clockwise to it on the flavor graph. Which means combining two berries with high values in all of the flavor will have a very bad result.

    Ideally, you'd want to make a poffin that focuses on the three flavors that won't cancel each other out, then make another kind that focuses on the remaining two flavors that won't cancel.

    There was some recipe for these "perfect poffins" floating around that I saw before, but I forgot where.

  16. #2341
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The problem is that the flavors in the two berries are canceling each other out. Basically, each flavor negates the flavor located clockwise to it on the flavor graph. Which means combining two berries with high values in all of the flavor will have a very bad result.

    Ideally, you'd want to make a poffin that focuses on the three flavors that won't cancel each other out, then make another kind that focuses on the remaining two flavors that won't cancel.

    There was some recipe for these "perfect poffins" floating around that I saw before, but I forgot where.
    Aw man! That just sucks!

    WHY does it even do that?

    My dream of Perfect Poffins has been shattered.

    ....doesn't keep me from making it canon in my fic though. >>;;;

    That's really messed up. Theoretically, it should have worked. Makes me wonder how the 5-flavor Poffin from the beginning came into existence in the first place. =___=
    [img]http://i48.*******.com/qzkidl.png[/img]
    Nightmare on the Job (fanfic)
    I have claimed Miror B. of Pokemon Colosseum/XD [2/25/2010]
    I also claimed Miror B/Mirorbo x Trudly/Troy x Folly/Heboy [RadarShipping]
    [img]http://i45.*******.com/2jfma0h.png[/img]
    Inventor of the Miror B. ribbon! Obsessed? Me? Never!

  17. #2342
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1

    Default

    That IS messed up.

    Yeah, I'm the friend Luckster mentioned. Finally decided to get out here. >> *waves*

  18. #2343
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    I'm planning to grab all the one off from a Diamond before I restart. (The game was hacked, but I don't see any Pokémon that could have been hacked.)

    One Pokemon I considering Skipping is Regigas, since I don't have the Regi Trio.

    I currently own several Event Regigas in my Platinum. And I have Access to two Emeralds that I've not got the Regi Trio. I also have the required Pokémon.

    Should I attempt grabbing the Regis Trio in one of Emerald and Pal Park it? or should I try to use my Regigas in Platnium to get the Regi Trio?
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  19. #2344
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    315

    Default

    I got a 2nd dimon to day and it has explore kits in the mail slot is it gacked or is it a bug
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

  20. #2345
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    I'm planning to grab all the one off from a Diamond before I restart. (The game was hacked, but I don't see any Pokémon that could have been hacked.)

    One Pokemon I considering Skipping is Regigas, since I don't have the Regi Trio.

    I currently own several Event Regigas in my Platinum. And I have Access to two Emeralds that I've not got the Regi Trio. I also have the required Pokémon.

    Should I attempt grabbing the Regis Trio in one of Emerald and Pal Park it? or should I try to use my Regigas in Platnium to get the Regi Trio?
    Well I will go on what one has all 3i don't think it males a
    did from what game
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

  21. #2346
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    I'm planning to grab all the one off from a Diamond before I restart. (The game was hacked, but I don't see any Pokémon that could have been hacked.)

    One Pokemon I considering Skipping is Regigas, since I don't have the Regi Trio.

    I currently own several Event Regigas in my Platinum. And I have Access to two Emeralds that I've not got the Regi Trio. I also have the required Pokémon.

    Should I attempt grabbing the Regis Trio in one of Emerald and Pal Park it? or should I try to use my Regigas in Platnium to get the Regi Trio?
    Well if you haven't gotten the Regis in Platinum yet you may as well do that. Two birds, one stone kinda thing.

    But if you wanted to soft reset for a shiny one or a certain nature etc. it would just be quicker to send over the ones you have on Emerald.

    Quote Originally Posted by tombux View Post
    I got a 2nd dimon to day and it has explore kits in the mail slot is it gacked or is it a bug
    Quote Originally Posted by tombux View Post
    Well I will go on what one has all 3i don't think it males a
    did from what game
    Do you speak English...?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #2347
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well if you haven't gotten the Regis in Platinum yet you may as well do that. Two birds, one stone kinda thing.

    But if you wanted to soft reset for a shiny one or a certain nature etc. it would just be quicker to send over the ones you have on Emerald.





    Do you speak English...?
    Soz I was all most asleep I got a 2nd hand diamod yestaday it has keyitems in the mail bag slot thing is it a bug or is it hacked?
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

  23. #2348
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Right in front of a computer.
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Okay. I've got a problem with Pokemon Contests. See, I have this Milotic. It's won all the Hoenn contests, so the beauty stat isn't a problem. I just have no idea what moves would be best for the Master Rank. I've been cruising my way through the first three because of a maxed out beauty stat and lots of luck. It currently knows Hydro Pump, Surf, Aqua Ring and Recover. What should I change to maximize my chances of winning?

    Also, I've heard that there's an extra hard Pokemon Contest you can participate in at the Resort Area. Is this true?

  24. #2349
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Ocean Princess View Post
    Also, I've heard that there's an extra hard Pokemon Contest you can participate in at the Resort Area. Is this true?
    I'm not a major contest player.. I only play for ribbons to enter the syndicate.

    I haven't heard of any contest in the Resort Area.. I should point out that I have never reach top Rank..
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  25. #2350

    Exclamation pokemon platinum help please!!

    hi i am new here
    ok i am suck on valor lakefront i can't get in valor lake because there is a camera crew that says that there looking for a rare Pokemon and will not let me in then i try to go to sunyshore City and this guy says there is a major blackout and will not let me true

    Yeah I beatin the pastoria gmy leader and I tryed to go throuth mt.coronet ang there are bolders In the way that your pokemon have to push them


    thanks

    ----
    The previous question was closed with no answer and I can find no solution to my problem.

Page 94 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •