Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle Finale of Legend! (620)

We see her for about ten seconds maybe an hour later. I don't think that's enough of a time to make a judgement about a character's full recovery.

Frankly I'm rather surprised it wasn't Saturn to have the strongest reaction, given that he always seemed the most eager and obsessive in animeverse.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Well, it's difficult to say, considering that is likely the last airtime she will ever receive. I just thought the way she acted, or rather, DIDN'T, in the van was a very good indicative of it. The way I feel about BetelgeuseShipping fuels that.

Still, "traumatized" and "lost the will to live" are two very different things.
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I agree fully with Katya, Mars is as good as gone. She has consistently been shown as the only commander to want to chase after Cyrus when he vanishes to another dimension - the fact that she was unable to the anime signals her demise.

There is no reason why Saturn would have a stronger reaction than Mars - Cyrus has favored Mars in the anime and she's always adored him more than Saturn and Jupiter and Pluto combined. He meant the world to her, he was her 'new universe' and now with him gone from her physical life she has no reason to carry on.
    Obviously she is going to will herself into a coma and one day just never wake up - her milf Athena and pops Apollo will have to give the order to pull the plug one day knowing their poor daughter will be happier in the afterlife with Cyrus than she ever could be lying forever unconscious on a hospital bed.
    Or she'll terminate her life herself in jail and Saturn and Jupiter will wake up one morning to find only a cold corpse in place of the shell of the once-great, cheerful commander.

She is both traumatized and lacking the will to live - watching the one person she ever truly loved leave her for some gaping, collapsing vortex without even looking back at her has destroyed her. There is no consciousness of Mars left - only her now-ailing body with a mind trapped making love to memories of her and Cyrus' scandalous nights.
    Not only would she not want to recover but she would have no reason to - unless she'd be able to get Dialga and Palkia to reopen the new universe and let her pass through, she would have no chance of ever being with her lover again.

RIP Mars and Cyrus, you will die together as universe-crossed lovers :'(

Saturn and Jupiter will live on forever.. they will never die.

Very tragic ending, really. Very tragic. The only good thing is Saturn and Jupiter are getting sent off to jail together and will have each other while they mourn the loss of Mars as they watch her slip away, knowing it's for the best.

"Consistantly"? It happened in Platinum. Not even full gameverse, but one game. In DPA she had a nervous breakdown when he revealed his goal, and it was Jupiter that was the one to console him and     Spoiler:

And then of course you have DP-verse where he leaves with *both* of them, leaving Saturn to have a crisis of faith back in Veilstone.

Ok coolbeans for that good thing this is the anime where Mars is the one who's on Cyrus' nuts the most and not DPA! which is really OOC 8\8/8|
    Regardless she is the only one with undying love for Cyrus, Saturn and Jupiter don't really care about anything except hating Pluto and talking to each other instead of comforting an emotionally-unstable, suicidal woman.

The fact she was going to end her life to follow Cyrus before stupid homo Saturn stopped her since he knows an hero is bad is evidence she isn't lasting very long post-episode.

Poor Mars, what did she ever do to deserve her sugardaddy/boss/future-husband-if-the-anime-writers-didn't-screw-up-villains-every-time-except-movie-6/father of her 10+ children if-only/boyfriend/lover/big poppa leaving her D:
    Cyrus was so caught up in his new universe he forgot all about the one person who made his life great 8'(

Jupiter doesn't give two ****s about Cyrus she just hates Pluto more than anyone and wants to be alone with her sweetiepoohoneybearsugarplumbabycakesloverboy Saturn ^o^!!!!!

KUNCHAN ROVE RONG TIME FOLEVEL!!!!!!!!!! TULUE ROVE NEVEL DIE NO MATTEL WAT GET IN WAY OF HAPPICHANKUNSAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question

This has probably been asked before.

The scene where Cyrus disappears is so cryptic. Can anyone translate some of the Japanese dialog?

Particularly Cyrus' dialog. He looked like he was so mesmerized by the view of his perfect world.

I like these episodes. Get battle and Storyline.

didn't see that coming, well we can expect Pluto to somehow get them out of Jail (same thing happen wiht Butch and Cassidy when Team rocket boss got them out of Jail the first time if I remember correctly) and make them work for him as payback.

I like their ending, though I like how they handle it when I first thought of the ending I was thinking a team M/A one in Hoen but this was great.

but am I the only one that find it strange that Ash and co didn't get affect by the lake trio ability, one you can't touch, one you must not hurt and one you must not look into it open eyes.

though I disappoint that Cyintha didn't do much but hey her time was great.

and the only reason I think Saturn stop Mars is that maybe he know that what Cyrus Was doing was wrong, like in the games he learn that Cyrus was wrong and didn't Cyrus yell at them before to stay back or something?

overall I give it 9.5 out of 10.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

lol after watching the episodes again i just now realised something ironic, when the two orbs were being used, beams of GOLD and SILVER shot into the portals to drag Dialga and Palkia out.

How ironic.

Still think Croagunk smashing Toxicroak's head in was funny as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    And what the heck was Gary doing there? Why not Paul or Zoey or Barry? Completely unneeded, he just got his butt kicked. Isn't that why people hated Lance in the TM/TA finale, he had no business being there? Yeah neither did Gary.
    No people hated him being there because they felt it wasn't "gasp" accurate with the games (does everything have to be accurate with the games? Is the show going to implode if the writers do something thats outside the box?). As far as Lance supposedly having no business there. He's a Pokemon G-man, isn't that enough of a reason for him to be there? To do his job? Personally I thought Lance's involvement was one of the better things about the aqua/magma arc. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Mars isn't even *thought* to be dead. She's just in shock/grieving.
    I think she will commit suicide

but i'm more sad with the J stuff, she didn't deserved uxie, mesprit & azelf are so evil.

Mars isn't even *thought* to be dead. She's just in shock/grieving.
    I think she will commit suicide

but i'm more sad with the J stuff, she didn't deserved uxie, mesprit & azelf are so evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    I wouldn't have minded a glimpse at what Cyrus' perfect universe would've been like.
    Maybe there was something in his conversation with Ash & Co. that would've given us a glimpse of what kind of world he wanted. Does anybody here understand japanese?

well i enjoyed this quite a bit but really is this even a kinds show anymore promoting and suicide? that was a real shocke i got say. all and all i prefer the hoen speacal say what you like about it i for one thought that arch was very very good.

There's no "promotion" going on. What are you talking about?

Wait are you guys just overexgratting or does Mars (Who I don't think I have actually seen yet when is her anime debut?) really look like what you said.

I saw a preview of this episode and it looks epic, damn Australia they want to fastforward alot of shows why can't Pokemon be one of them! We only just finished S11. There are so many episodes I want to see, the Candice episodes (To see exactly how she's a lesbian or made out to be) and these D/P episodes and quite a few more. The fact we might not see this until sometime at the end of next year annoys me or aleast until June or July.

Anyways if this isn't overexgratted then it sounds quite interesting, and people say Pokemon are for children despite there are a few episodes like this one (J and Cyrus possible deaths? Mars going into traumazation etc) that makes it good.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Mars in the ending. It's anguish, but they're still exaggerating. Saturn and Jupiter are also in distress.

I enjoyed this arc, we had Gary (although he forgot how to battle), Hunter J, a lot of this gen trio and of course Team Galactic.

I just wonder if J... died, i hope not because she's a good character to have around. And Pluto ran away it seems? Then wonder if he will be in Stark Mountain like in the game.

Nice Preview of what's next!
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Saturn and Jupiter are in anguish. Mars is far past that.

There she just looks sorrowful.

I want to know where this came from all of a sudden, considering Saturn spent the entire series being Cyrus's personal fanboy.

Mars, clearly the youngest of the Commanders, is bound to react differently to the others. The fact she screamed at Cyrus' possible demise doesn't mean she's in love and it doesn't mean she's going to commit suicide (seriously, how do you guys even think this crap up?). She's just distraught and cannot handle her emotions as well as the others.

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

I enjoyed this episode. I do hope we get to see more of Looker in the near future. He needs more screen time, imo. Like mentioned by some, I also hope we get to see some more Charon.

The part with Jupiter and Cynthia was... rather plain. I expected slightly more. Toxicroak got defeated with just one hit? It couldn't be that weak, right? However, it was nice to see Gliscor and Staraptor getting some screen time, even if they barely did anything. I love Rie Tanaka (Mars's VA) for screaming~

To add to the points above, Iwane being the AD for this episode = win.

BACK

Haha, you guys are exaggerating insanely about Mars and her 'loss of love!'
    I've watched the episode now, and that scream Mars made it very safe to say that she still feels very close and loves her boss (well .she's obviously the youngest, and most emotional.)
    But to be fair, Saturn and Jupiter also care about Cyrus. Jupiter had some wacked out scene when she was tied up with the other grunts and said that she didn't care if they all died and yada.
    And Saturn still looked pretty upset, especially in the van. His head was down, until Jupiter spoke about Cyrus, and he looked, said something, and looked up to the sky very sad looking.

It's obvious they're all going to be a bit shaken from this.
    Mars will get over it. :P She's a tough red head, mwhaaa. Just a bit emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Pretty much agreed.

Look, don't get me wrong. This kicked the living pazookie out of Kyogre/Groudon.
    Yes, very much so. This helped things.

But it wasn't perfect. I went in believing that Galactic needed a couple additional episodes to flesh things out, and came out believing the same. Dialga & Palkia actually appeared for a ridiculously short time.
    Kyogre and Groudon got more than they did... though the pixies were sort of the focus of this anyways. Still...

We didn't get too much out of Cynthia, and her encounter with Jupiter didn't extend beyond what we already got in the preview.
    That sucked quite a bit. It was as if she was there simply to bail out Ash and co. and have someone keep an eye on them.

I would have enjoyed seeing more of the gang's Pokemon participate in the apocalypse other than each character's "main" Pokemon.
    This is my single gripe against this, and the movies.

Now the good? Great animation. Great music. Nice involvement of the pixies. Brock being useful. Mars' scream. (Can Lisa Ortiz actually pull off something like that for the dub? Don't answer, we know the answer is NO.)
    I dunno, Sean Schemmel proved he can pull off a successful Cyrus. We'll see.

Cyrus' suicidal leap into the Twilight Realm.
    Oh, how true that is.

And a satisfactory send-off for the commanders (sans Pluto, and I also wonder whether we'll see Handsome again). Overall an enjoyable three-parter and a decent conslusion to Galactic.
    Yeah, compared to what we got from TA/M this was much better handled. A bit different from the game, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    The fact that Giratina wasn't there was annoying as well.
    I was more irritated with why Spear Pillar was inside a cave. WTF?? I thought it was an outside locale.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    Neither was Cynthia, who was having doubts on Cyrus in his first apperance.
    I knew she was a bit suspicious. Glad to see she's willing to test it out.

Like someone here said, I liked that the arc was more focused on the pixies than on the dragons. We had the three dragons and the trio leader in movies so I am satisfied with the dragons appearances.
    It was practically a cameo appearance more than anything.

I liked all three parts, every single one had something enjoyable to it but nothing tops the fate of Hunter J. Chills ran down my spine as I watched in amazment of Future Sight hitting the ship, the ship's windows braking under water and the explosion at the end. I couldn't have imagined that ShoPro would have pulled that out.
    We'll have to see what happens later to know if she really did perish.

Frankly I'm rather surprised it wasn't Saturn to have the strongest reaction, given that he always seemed the most eager and obsessive in animeverse.
    He failed a few times, I would have thought he was treading on thin ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    lol after watching the episodes again i just now realised something ironic, when the two orbs were being used, beams of GOLD and SILVER shot into the portals to drag Dialga and Palkia out.

How ironic.
    Hahaha, oh god, yes, how true. I wonder what the writers were implying with this?

Still think Croagunk smashing Toxicroak's head in was funny as heck.
    Well, that settles the rivalry. And about time!

And this is the first time that I've ever loved Team Rocket's role in this. They were teamed up with Looker, simply because they wanted to get back at Galactic. It's like they have a minute comraderie with the guy. I also knew they're disguise wouldn't work, simply because it didn't fool Jupiter for an instant (how's that saying go again?).

Yep, Team Galactic are done and out, but at least they were better developed than Team A/M were. Even then, they did fall short, but managed to pick up after themselves and still provide a decent trio of episodes.

Oh, and we're not done with epic episodes; we still have those multiple event episodes to look forward to.

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

It is a very cool ending. I love how Cyrus just floats into the world. It looks so funny. I don't know how to explain it.
    My sister loves that part too she made me watch it like 10,000 times.
    Then Mars tries to go after him and Saturn stops her and is like no he's gone. Her mouth get's so big when she screams.
    Then when they're all in the van or something Mars is all depressed and Saturn and jupiter seem like they're talking about Cyrus.
    I loved the episode!!!!!!!
    WAZZA!!!!!!!!!!! Here with the best pokemon ever.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast