Thread: Platinum: Battle frontier help

Default Platinum: Battle frontier help

So...I have these two locked, but I need a great lead.

1:???

2:
    Gyarados w/ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge
    Waterfall
    Earthquake

3: Scizor w/Leftovers
    Adamant nature
    Swords Dance
    U-turn
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch

I was thinking about using my modest Lucario, but I dont want to rely on him nor Scizor to take on STAB thunderbolts. I need somone bulky who can dish out a nice special attack that will hit anything hard that Gyarados and Scizor can't...

Any suggestions?
    thanks in advance

your team looks good,this site should help you find a bulky special attacker^_^it shows the most powerful special attackers and stats http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/sp-attack.shtml porygon z gardevoir espeon or gengar is recommended though they're not very bulky
    Last edited by Ferrin; 26th October 2012 at 5:55 AM.

Use a clayderp claydol

Gardevoir is fun , but it's gimmicky. Encore / Thunder Wave / Psychic / Destiny Bond might be fun.
    sohryu is giving me a banner

Have you considered a trick lead to let your other two pokemon set up? gyarados is fairly bulky and scizor has nice resistances and decent bulk, you could use a psychic trick scarf leader with trick/thunder wave/ flash/ recover or some other filler to set up on. Otherwise you could go with a Heatran, also a fairly bulky special sweeper that would provide good type coverage. Ground and fighting attacks are covered by switching to gyarados, and water are resisted by gyarados, should fill the spot fairly nicely.

Oh and Flygon would fill that spot nicely. acts as a mixed sweeper, and isnt as played out as garchomp. He also completely resists electric attacks, meaning you'll get alot of ice/dragon/water enemy leads. scizor can take care of ice, gyarados can easily handle dragon and water types, but if you're going that route i would switch out stone edge for dragon claw/outrage. between DC and EQ you'll get near perfect coverage, save bronzong and skarmory.
    Last edited by CMHennigan; 27th November 2012 at 2:58 PM.