Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battle Tower Team Building Guide

Awesome idea!
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/9tjyuf.png[/IMG]
    Looking for shiny Tepig

I always have trouble with my third pokemon metagross teams great with togekiss. Can't find me last but mate

I've never had enough trouble in the battle tower to need a guide, but its making me think about changing my stratagies...

I'm just wondering, if we have a guide for the Battle Tower, why not Battle Hall?

Battle Arcade and Battle Castle are very closely related to the Battle Tower, and at the Battle Factory you are completeley at the mercy of the rental Pokes. But Battle Hall's a whole different ballgame, as you only use one Pokemon the whole time (albeit you can switch to a different individual of the same species between your ten-streak sessions)?

//COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

"Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

Quote Originally Posted by Luxrayess View Post
    I'm just wondering, if we have a guide for the Battle Tower, why not Battle Hall?
    That is a very good question. Feel like writing it?

That is a very good question. Feel like writing it?
    You know, I would, but I just barely started seriously cracking down on it. Someone with more experience in it should write it. Maybe with the help of a co-author.

Anyways, I'm staring to formulate a teams rings of stand-ins (gah, I don't know what you'd call 'em...) for Battle Hall. Should I post my first stand-in club for ratings?

//COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

"Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

I feel like you missed the sarcasm there...

This isn't the place to post teams, this is a guide and
    doesn't need to be spammed up with teams and such.
    If they are single PKMN post them in the singles rate,
    otherwise, just create a new thread.

^Click it!^

^Ahem... Actually, I certainly was, and still am, going to make a new thread, weather for an in-game rate or a huge guide for Battle Hall...

Gah, someone should just close this thread. If it's a guide, why is it still open? It looks clean of gramatical errors and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Luxrayess View Post
    ^Ahem... Gah, someone should just close this thread. If it's a guide, why is it still open? It looks clean of gramatical errors and such...
    It's here because it's helpful to the less experienced BT players. And let's face it, the majority of IGRMT teams have something to do with the BT. I didn't make this thing on a whim.
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

To the starter of this thread, fantastic ideas. I found something similar on smogon, but I found the same strategy with cressilia for mesprit. Who is...not so hot on defenses as Cressilia is.

If I were to use strategy, no matter how much it's guaranteed to win, should I have max IV's for every stat I bother putting EV's into? Because it'd be such a burden to SR for Cressilia to have a max IV in defense, special defense, HP, AND to have a bold nature. Same for the heatran, for the stats that are most important to it.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Well, perfect IV's are preferable, but you can
    usually get away with 25+ if you're having
    trouble. I always recommend perfect IV's tho,
    especially on attacking stats.

^Click it!^

Ah. I've got a calm cressilia here with a 26/31 in HP, 16/31 in Defense, and 30/31 in Special Defense. You think this could get the job done as the lead?

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    Ah. I've got a calm cressilia here with a 26/31 in HP, 16/31 in Defense, and 30/31 in Special Defense. You think this could get the job done as the lead?
    Well I know from personal experience that Cresselia is a pain-in-the-*** to SR for, so I'd stick with this one. The Defense IV isn't stellar, but the HP and good, and the Sp. Def is near perfect. Reflect could be used to patch up the Defense, as its nature boosts Sp. Def, or you could run max HP and Defense.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I'll go through with that. Sounds good to me. *checks on IV calculator*
    WOW. The funny thing is, coincidentally, these IV's give him 324 in both defensive stats and 439 Hit points on level 100, with 255 HP and 255 Defense EV's. With also no EV's for special defense.

I've got a hax problem. I ran up against an Abomasnow with Sheer cold...well, I tricked it without knowing it had this. And when I sent out Drapion to try to substitute, the choice scarf that abomasnow already had let it attack early, and I was OHKO'd once again by Sheer cold. I'm not trying to break any records, just get the 100 streak so I can get the last trainer card star.

Is there any way to prepare for situations such as that? I know subsitute blocks OHKO's...but when the opponent has been tricked into holding a choice scarf, I've got no chance against the hax.

Really, the best you can do is consider factors like that before you go ahead and Trick. Use the list of battle tower Pokemon to try and predict what the AI will be using.

Can anyone get a streak of over 9871?
    I got there and got epic Hax

Abomasnow w Sheer cold
    Heatran w explosion
    Drapion w cross poison that beat a Bastiodon with maxed out Def and Sp. Def EVs and IVs?!?!??!!?!

The Drapion 1HKO'ed my bastiodon!!!???!!!???
    Last edited by [GS]; 18th January 2011 at 3:43 AM. Reason: Triple posted

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

^Terry's back.

^ Terry T.?, the 12 year old?

Jacobthepokemonfreak, a streak of 9871 does not exist, the highest streak is 2366, by Jumpman16. A team that you have could never, ever get there. (No offense.)

9871? There's no way that can be right!! and wait, wouldn't cross poison do no damage to Bastiodon...?

Meh, I've found an Uxie, that could possibly be better than my old Cressilia, since it has memento. It's level 50 defenses are both 169, with around 179 HP.

This helped me out so much, thanks alot man.

From my experience; using Latias/Registeel/Salamence got me an 100 streak on my second try. With a Cressilia/Drapion/Garchomp team, it took me FOREVER to get 75 wins.
    Probably because of Registeel's great defenses to begin with, but using curse and amnesia is way more consistent than acupressure.

Is latios, metagross, and registeel good?
    POKEDEX COMPLETE!

Trainer pose credit goes to Lucario9
    Looking For:
    Any shiny!
    Specific: Shiny Registeel with perfect HP, Defense, and SpDef IVs, EV trained with 252 HP, 128 Defense, and 128 SpDef. Defense/SpDef promoting nature, but not Defense/SpDef hindering nature

I DONT HAVE A GEN V GAME YET

We can't judge unless we know the moves, EV's, IV's, Natures, etc. Also this belongs in the wrong thread, in fact it should not be in your own thread either till you figure out the specifics. Anyways it probably isn't that good since you have two steel types.

This thread is pretty useful! Gave me a few ideas. I haven't considered a slow strategy such as ScarfTrick but it seems to be the best strategy for the Battle Tower.
    Also I dunno if I'm the only one but I will probably not look at the database which lists all the Pokémon you will encounter because it kinda feels like cheating I feel like I want to find out what Pokémon I will encounter the hard way.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast