Thread: Pokemon TCG revamped: The game!

Threaded View

Default Pokemon TCG revamped: The game!

That's right. A game about the TCG. I haven't found any of these ever before on Serebii, (and neither has Dramatic Melody, who was PMed my idea) so I figured that it was worth a shot.

Here's the plot: you live in another world. It isn't the pokemon world, it isn't Earth. They do, however, have the Pokemon games, as well as the anime and the TCG. But they created a different system of TCG...

You want the most powerful cards of them all: The Dragon types (think Salamence), the Legendaries (Legendary pokemon), and the Legendary items (Master Ball and other such items) So, you go to the nearest store and get a starter pack, at the same time as a group of other kids (or adults, it really doesn't matter). Here are the choices:

Bug/Psychic "Psycho Swarm"
    Normal/Steel "Unlocked Power" (Couldn't think of a good name for this one...)
    Ghost/Ice "Spirit of Winter"
    Poison/Fighting "Venom Warriors."
    Dark/Grass "Natures Revenge"
    Fire/Electric "Spark Dynasty"
    Rock/Ground "Earthen Forces"
    Flying/Water "Wind and Waves" (no Dragon types because you have to win those)

After you get the starter pack, what next? You then have to fight others (people who also sign up) and win money. This money will buy you packs, and possibly even other Starter decks! Each pack (one for all types but dragons) cost 5$ (or what you would normally win for winning a battle), and the Starter decks are 50$ (It would take a while to win this much). There are also Dragon packs, but those are expensive (100$).

Now you are wondering "What does a pack look like?" Well, it is something like this...

Energy of type (1)
    Common [usually basic] card (1)
    Uncommon [usually Stage 1] card (1)
    Rare [usually Stage 2] card (1)
    Trainer or Supporter for type (1)
    Genaric Trainer or Supporter (1)
    Random grab bag (determined by what determines most things here: an RNG) (1)

Decks are a bit more complex, and I'm still working on them. Here's what I have for the Psycho Swarm deck:

20 pokemon (for this deck, the Butterfree line, Pinser, Mr. Mime, and the Alakazam line)
    20 trainers (for this and most decks, Potions, Super Potions, Rare Candies, Pokeballs, Proffesor Elm, a Revive and Itemfinder, a type corosponding Item, and 2 cubes)
    20 energies: 11 of one type, 9 of the other. (USUALLY!)

HOW TO PLAY

Here is how to play (for those of you who don't know).

First, you get 1 starter deck. You have 0$ (or points, or whatever you want to call them). You post here saying you want to battle, someone responds with a quote, and then the first person again responds with a quote, proving that they will battle. If I (or any other appointed offical) agree to ref, then the battle begins!

You start with 7 cards (RNG decides what you get), and post your opening. You put a Basic pokemon on the field, and up to 5 on the bench. Your opponent does the same. You are informed of your opponents pokemon, but not all statistics (you can PM me if you want THOSE details.) Also, 6 pokemon are randomly chosen as Prize pokemon. (more on that later) After I PM giving you one more card (for the begining of the turn), you post (always make sure to quote!) saying your turn, and then my magical RNG decides the outcome of all... random things. I post results, the opponents get a card and then post what THEY will do. (Pointing this out, YOU ATTACK LAST. All other things MUST go before attacking, or you won't be able to do anything.) Also, did you notice the Energy? Energy is your pokemon's attacking power. Attacks require energy to work (except for Cube attacks), but you can only attach 1 per turn. Let's say an attack requires... one colorless energy and one Bug energy. You would have to put on 1 Bug energy and one other (colorless means anything) energy. Normal Types use colorless energy, but the problem with REAL colorless energy is that it only works when colorless energy is needed.

Example turn: I have an Alakazam on the field, against my opponent's Pinser. He has 20 HP left, and Psychic does 50 damage! But I need another energy to use it, so I use Proffesor Elm and end my turn. The RNG decides that I get 1 Psychic energy, and a Mothem that I cannot play. But I can put on that Psychic energy when it is my turn, and use it to defeat Pinser!

How to win: This is very important: how do you win? There are a few ways...

1 - If you defeat an opponent's pokemon, you get a PRIZE CARD (and it goes to your hand). When you have collected all of your prize cards, you win.

2 - If you defeat an opponent's pokemon, and they have none on the bench, you win.

3 - If your opponent Forfeits or is unable to play, you win.

Outside the game: You can talk, perhaps develop characture, and just converse strategies (possibly trading!) outside of the games. You might even be spectating a match! Also, events (tournaments, games, prizes) are announced outside of the matches occasionally (but sometimes you have to look in Matches to see what it is). Also, there is a "Card Collector" who will posts cards occasionally. He wants people to know what they are like, and you might want to look at them... especially since after about a day of his posts, they dissapear (I edit them). So maybe saving descriptions on a Notepad document is what you should do...

Anyway, that's the game. I hope you have fun with it!

THOSE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP:
    Shadow Eeveelution
    Sasukeanditachi
    Treeconator
    Houndude
    Dutch-Trainer
    Goodpokemontrainer
    Infernape Rulez
    Fongerman
    Last edited by mattman324; 23rd November 2009 at 2:14 PM.
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.