Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Treasure is All Mine! (621)

~Ah, the nostalgia.
    It was great to see a character from the Indigo League reappear, I doubt we'll be getting that again anytime soon.

I was disappointed that James didn't keep Growlie with him though.
    It's arguably one of his best Pokemon, despite not being on his team.
    Last edited by shaq-attack; 5th December 2009 at 12:15 AM.

Android Dreams
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by shaq-attack View Post
    I was disappointed that James didn't keep Growlie with him though.
    It's arguably one of his best Pokemon, despite not being on his team.
    Seriously, this.

I thought the episode was very enjoyable. It seems to imply that James didn't just vacation in Sinnoh (like he mentioned in the beginning of D/P) but was actually raised in Sinnoh. Looks like it's where Jessiebelle is from, or at least where they first met.

I don't have much else to say besides I loved this episode and it was a nice break having these series done-in-one episodes between longer arcs.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

My gosh, this was such a retcon.. We all thought that James was raised at his mansion back in Kanto.. now he was raised in Sinnoh?? I refuse to believe that.. but anyway.. at least we saw Growlie again.. such a good fit with James!

Both of them share a lot of characteristics, like being loyal, kind and fiery.. well James gets fiery only when plot asks for it.. like when there is a competition in which he participates..

As I had expected.. I'm still annoyed with Jessebelle, she just annoys me, and I can completely understand why James doesn't wanna be with her. The ending kinda surprised me though, it caught me off guard :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Locormus: it was already established a long time ago that james's family have homes in different parts of the world. This is not even the first time we see Jame's family has a home in sinnoh... where do you think he got Carnivine from,?

anyways on to the episode

After three great action thrilled episodes, we have a nice funny, relaxing episode.

I loved it I love episodes where there are character backstory it was great to learn more about James.

It also had a touch of nastalgia as well with Growlie and Jessiebell.

Jessiebell is crazy to sit on a couch being carried by helicopters lol.

I laughed at the chest mecha camera angle to make it look large.. then it turned out to be small LOL

Great episode for filler.

You're not Running properly!!!!!!!

was fun to hear jessiebell had the same last line as the episode she was last in LOL

You're not running properly!!!!
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 17th April 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

This wasn't such a bad episode, quite enjoyable.

It was nice to see Jessiebelle again, and especially Growlie. James's butler Sebastian is such a weirdo, and a betrayer. xp

At the beginning, I just laughed when he said to Pikachu "I guess its time to use Thunderbolt." Its like he KNOWS the usual. :P But I'm surprised they weren't blasting off again so far. Since they came back in like a matter of seconds.

Its been awhile since the last Ive at least seen Jessiebelle. So yeah, knowing James didn't want to marry her because she hated Growlithes, I was blown away. Shes such a brat. But I thought it was very sweet of James to ask to marry at such a age. x3

Nice to see that TR got rid of the Treasure box with the help of Growile, turning from a robot to a Rocket. Boy, that was one beastmode Treasurebox, with a lot of gizzmos and gadgets.

But yeah, so is Jessiebelle. She wont give up. So she brings out her Vileplume so she can break down the door theyre trying to block from the underground passage.

And for the first time in my ears, or maybe I heard it before, but James wanting to Blast Off Again. I wouldnt blame him, I would too if I were being chased by Jessiebelle. Then once done, what a twist! The three were blasted off, but so was Jessiebell, but she was going the same way as James and Meowth. But then Jessie was sent somewhere else at the mansion.

Ah, the classic "The Password is Password" gag. Smooth moves James. xp

I thought it was kinda funny seeing James and Meowth having to run from Jessiebelle in the sunset at the end. And Jessie being seen as Jessiebelle by the agents.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 17th April 2010 at 2:00 PM.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

"You're not running properly" must be her catchphrase, right? XD
    This should put an end to all those rumors about James. He liked Jessiebel, until he realized how selfish and controlling she was. And the fact that she now looks so much like Jessie, it probably freaks him out to no end. Right?

From Jessiebelle's appearance and similarity to Jessie, I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually related, maybe not in terms of being sisters, but in the same way the Officer Jennys and Nurse Joys are related. As for the episode itself, it was a nice change from the action-oriented and serious episodes of the last few weeks, a good relaxing change of pace before Ash and the others continue on their journey.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

This episode is a follow-up/one nostalgia trip to one of the episodes of season 1, which involves James's past with a backstory that seems more mature-themed for a kids show as explained by WTF Pokemon. I could've sworn that his Growlithe was bigger from that episode than he is here, and once again, James doesn't bring along with him despite being possibly his strongest Pokemon.

It was a good episode. We get to see Jessiebelle and Growlie again and see another of James' estates. It was funny when James remembered that the password is password XD.

I'm happy that they kept Jessiebelle's Southern accent. Makes her sound like a cool ***** like in the original. I love the blast off scene too since Jessiebelle got blasted off along with James and Meowth while Jessie ends up surrounded by men on a couch. Quite nice.

This episode was good. It was hilarious how James set of the trap to his own treasure box. I'm surprised at how strong the butler is, Also surprised how dangerous the security for the treasure chest is.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Anyone know if it was indeed Michele Knotz who voiced Jessiebelle?

Anyone know who voiced James's Parents in this episode?
    Last edited by jackson_h; 17th April 2010 at 8:21 PM.

It was indeed Michele Knotz says bulbapedia. And does she creep me out even more, yes indeed. Jessie's pirate outfit kind reminiscences from one of the earlier Kanto days in that Cerulean City episode.

Just watched it, still DEARLY MISS Eric Stuart just because he was perfect for the child!James voice, but whatever. Michelle Knotz didn't exaggerate the southern accent quite as much as Rachel Lillis but she definitely works. I'm also curious as to who voiced James's parents.

"You're not running properly!"

*headdesk*

*bursts out laughing*

Nice throwback to "Holy Matrimony!", I really loved that.

This episode should give hope to all of us older fans that Ritchie might one day return with an even better Ash clone team.

Anyway, the episode was a pretty good and a nice follow up to "Holy Matrimony". It was nice seeing Growlie again and I wasn't expecting James to take him with him, but it would have been nice.

Jessiebelle still isn't giving up on James. You'd think that she would have some other, more willing rich men willing to marry her.

Anyway, Ash hardly remembers Growlie or Jessiebelle. Normally Ash and co. automatically remember people they've met in the past, so I was a bit surprised. I suppose Ash's bad memory was for the sake of newer viewers. It's a good thing Brock was there to remind Ash. Dawn was shocked by James' wealth and wondered why he joined Team Rocket in the first place. I guess she never stopped to think that there is more to life than wealth.

Anyway, it was an alright episode. 8/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

After watching this episode I wanna know one thing: Why does Jess-Belle look so much alie Jess (From Team Rocket)

PKMN Pearl FC: 0904 3053 6984

PKMN Black FC: 1463 6353 3437

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/e1wme.gif[/IMG]

I appreciate that the dub was consistent though. Jessibelle kept her Southern accent though I don't remember much about James' mother having the same accent in Kanto. I was thrilled to see Team Rocket and Ash and friends working together for once, especially the scene where Ash and Brock blocked the door so Team Rocket and Dawn could get away. I thought the ending could've been handled better. I mean, Jessibelle chasing James and Meowth while Jessie was at the mansion? How did they get rid or Jessibelle and reunite with Jessie? It left too many wholes in the story, which is sad. It almost seemed like we were in Kanto again.

Why doesn't James take Growlie with him? Its cute! lol.

Random : PokéRadar

Just watched this episode. It was alright, and Growlie was a good Pokemon. Monferno appearing at the start was nice, as well.

I was kind of disappointed. Also, the ending didn't make sense.

In the beginning when TR appeared, Ash was like "Oh, it's you guys... well, Pikachu, use Thunderbolt".

In the end: "Twerp, you need to blast us off". And Ash hesitates for a bit?! WTF?
    Please don't fight within the Pokémon franchise.

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This sure was a unique and great episode.The plot was well thought out, the motifs were pretty mature and some of the lines were really hilarious, for example the aforementioned dialog between disguised Meowth and Ash. "No, your uncle...":XD:

However, I noticed two serious logical mistakes(and no, I'm not complaining about the episode in general...just in case...):

1. Normally, Vileplume shouldn't have been able to use Solar Beam down in that DARK(!) tunnel for the following reasons: Two things are essential for the attack: Sunlight and sufficient charging time. But neither was there any source of bright light (as Ash locked the door) nor was the charging time long enough. So even if you argued that Solar Beam doesn't require sunlight (which btw would be illogical anyways because even the name of the attack refers to the sun), you definitely can't launch said attack after basically zero(!) charging time.
    I really care about logical mistakes especially if they affect battles!:disgust:

2. At the end we see Jessie sitting on Jessiebelle's couch and James and Meowth running away from James's fiance.
    Next week we'll probably see them together again. So, what happened in between? How did Jessie manage to get back to her friends and how in the world did James get rid of Jessiebelle?
    That open end didn't solve anything and I hate that it destroyed an otherwise promising and great plot.
    I just can't stand it if problems aren't solved properly.

But apart from these two points of criticism, the episode was awesome entertainment

6.5 / 7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

9/10
    I really enjoyed the episode. It was nice that the writers renewed that Kanto episode and incorporated it into DP. Too bad we will never know what James wrote on the letter. At the end, I thought it was funny when Jessiebelle was trying to chase Meowth & James and she said "Y'all not running right!" At the end of the Kanto episode, she said that as well.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Why does every Team Rocket-centered episode have to include TR being friendly with the twerps? Ugh... And that plot hole in the end, Jessiebelle pursuing James and Meowth will probably be passed over, with no explanation how will they unite with Jessie.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

I loved the part where James was trying to open the chest.

James used Bite!
    It's not very effective...

James used Stomp!
    It's not very effective...

Wild Chest used Security System!
    It's super effective!

Team Rocket are out of usable ideas...
    Team Rocket blasted off!

XD

I loved this ep. I liked that they brought jessiebelle after 12 years and dialouge was hilarious. Honestly one of the best eps I've seen in a while. Oh, off topic question, but why the heck does it still show chimchar in the opening?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast