Thread: New Semi-CRMT. It doesn't completely suck...

Default New Semi-CRMT. It doesn't completely suck...

...Or maybe it does. I don't know for sure. It's been a work in progress for a while, as I've been learning more and more about competitive battling. Then I realized something, all of these Pokemon match up to some of my favorite songs. So I figured I'd turn it into a Fave Songs team as well.

Sweet Sacrifice by Evanescence on The Open Door

Faint by Linkin Park on Meteora

What Have You Done?! by Within Temptation on The Heart of Everything

Tomorrow by SR-71 on Tomorrow

Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragonforce on Inhuman Rampage

Deliver Us From Evil by Bullet for my Valentine on Scream, Aim, Fire

*Sweet Sacrifice*

Electrode@Focus Sash
    Hasty
    Ev's:252Spe/200Sp.Atk/56Atk
    ~Static~
    -Thunderbolt
    -Explosion
    -Taunt
    -Light Screen/Protect

Simple suicide lead Electrode. Sets up Taunt, and Light Screen if it has the health, then blows itself up to seriously damage the opponent. Thunderbolt is just a placeholder and to hit things that Explosion won't really hurt.

*Faint*

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish
    Ev's:252Hp/64Atk/192Def
    ~Hyper Cutter~
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Roost
    -Stealth Rock

Pretty standard Physical Wall Gliscor. Stealth Rock is just there for epic standardness, Roost for healing, EQ for STAB, and Stone Edge as a coverage option. Song name is really ironic, considering he's a bulky Staller/Wall.

*What Have You Done?!*

Scizor@Choice Band
    Adamant
    Ev's:248Hp/252 Atk/8Spe
    ~Technician~
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit

248 Hp Ev's so that he can switch in 8 times with SR up. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Bullet Punch is obvious, STAB Choice Banded U-Turns hurt a lot, Superpower is the most powerful move on the set, and is used against things like Skarmory, and Technician Pursuit teaches cocky Choice users the meaning of pain.

*Tomorrow*

Celebi@Leftovers
    Bold
    Ev's:252Hp/148Def/32Spe/76Sp.Def
    ~Natural Cure~
    -Energy Ball
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover
    -Leech Seed

Standard Defensive CM Celebi. Ev's are divided, but outspeeding Jolly Ttar, Max Hp, and a 300 in Defense are all accomplished, with the rest in Sp.Def to soften incoming blows before I set up Calm Mind. I may just shove the Special Defense into Defense, seeing as after a single CM, her Special Defense is higher than her Defense anyway.

*Through the Fire and the Flames*

Heatran@Life Orb
    Timid
    Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Spe/4Hp
    ~Flash Fire~
    -Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP Electric

LOTran. Rare, and that's exactly why it works. Nobody really expects to face a Heatran without Explosion, Choice Scarf, Torment, or Choice Specs; thus making them somewhat underprepared. Moves for maximum coverage, with HP Electric for a Gyarados counter in the last slot.

*Deliver Us From Evil*

Dusknoir@Leftovers
    Bold
    Ev's:252Hp/252Def/4Sp.Atk
    ~Pressure~
    -Shadow Ball
    -Ice Beam
    -Pain Split
    -Calm Mind

What was I saying about rare? This guy is rare. CMNoir might be a waste of his Base 100 Attack stat, but hell, CM not only lets him surpass that after just two, but it makes him so bulky on the special side, it's not even funny. Shadow Ball for a Special STAB, and Ice Beam for Coverage. Pain Split for healing. Also functions as a Spin Blocker.

It's far better than my last attempt, I think. Rate and comment, please.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 6th December 2009 at 3:01 AM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

First of all, Electrode = epic win. I've used one just like it to great effect, and it is basically guaranteed to keep Stealth Rocks off the field. However, don't run Light Screen. Electrode lures in more physical attackers than special, so the next pokemon to send out isn't likely to gain anything from the extra Special Defence. Use Protect instead - it helps against Fake Out leads and stops them from breaking your sash.

While they do help, a Rapid Spinner is not totally necessary on this team because 1) Electrode does a fine job of keeping SR off the field and 2) none of your pokemon are SR weak.

I'll rate this properly later.

I like your Dusknoir set.
    However, one thing I could suggest is to run HP Fighting / Focus Blast over it to provide unresisted coverage. Another thing is that I remembered someone (I think CT) said something about Pain Split being not reliable w/ Pain Split as it might give you some unwanted recovery, so Wise Glasses > Leftovers.

[img]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/img]
    Exploiting the AI Like Never Before.

Spoiler:- I HAVE CLAIMED...:

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    First of all, Electrode = epic win. I've used one just like it to great effect, and it is basically guaranteed to keep Stealth Rocks off the field. However, don't run Light Screen. Electrode lures in more physical attackers than special, so the next pokemon to send out isn't likely to gain anything from the extra Special Defence. Use Protect instead - it helps against Fake Out leads and stops them from breaking your sash.
    Thank god for that. Protect will be considered, but I'm not totally sure that's the best idea.

While they do help, a Rapid Spinner is not totally necessary on this team because 1) Electrode does a fine job of keeping SR off the field and 2) none of your pokemon are SR weak.

I'll rate this properly later.
    Ok, good. The team is (I think?) weak to DDMence and DDGyara, and it has a few problems with synergy (espically for ScarfCross).

Quote Originally Posted by hOuOugIa View Post
    I like your Dusknoir set.
    Thanks, but it's not really mine to be called. I got the basic idea from Serebii's PotW.

However, one thing I could suggest is to run HP Fighting / Focus Blast over it to provide unresisted coverage.
    While it's true that HP Fighting/Focus Blast would provide unresisted coverage, sacrificing Ice Beam would leave my team open to DDMence, and DDNite. ScreechGon too, to a lesser extent. ScarfCross can take care of using Fighting attacks for the team.

Another thing is that I remembered someone (I think CT) said something about Pain Split being not reliable w/ Pain Split as it might give you some unwanted recovery, so Wise Glasses > Leftovers.
    Again, this is true. However, it's more applicable to regular Dusknoir. CMNoir takes the first few turns to set up Calm Mind, and most likely takes damage in the process. This means that despite Leftovers, Pain Split is a good move to have. Very few Pokemon will hurt Dusknoir to an extent that I NEED to use Pain Split right away.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Ok, good. The team is (I think?) weak to DDMence and DDGyara,
    All teams have problems with these, but a Stone Edge from Hera can easily deal with the latter, while the former is definitely 2HKO'd by Dusknoir's Ice Beam and has a good chance to OHKO if you have SR up.

and it has a few problems with synergy (espically for ScarfCross).
    You could replace Hera with CB Scizor, which is one of the best revenge killers in the game, however then you would have Gyara problems, so run Thunderpunch on Dusknoir. Thunderpunch? Well, T-bolt fails to OHKO Gyara. Of course, for this you should run a Relaxed nature, since Dusknoir's never going to be using that pathetic speed stat anyway. Ice Fang on Gliscor can deal with Mence.

All teams have problems with these, but a Stone Edge from Hera can easily deal with the latter, while the former is definitely 2HKO'd by Dusknoir's Ice Beam and has a good chance to OHKO if you have SR up.
    Well, I'm glad for that. Dusknoir can also use CM while they're setting up DD, for an easy OHKO on Mence, and a 2HKO with Shadow Ball at +2 on Gyara.

You could replace Hera with CB Scizor, which is one of the best revenge killers in the game, however then you would have Gyara problems, so run Thunderpunch on Dusknoir. Thunderpunch? Well, T-bolt fails to OHKO Gyara. Of course, for this you should run a Relaxed nature, since Dusknoir's never going to be using that pathetic speed stat anyway. Ice Fang on Gliscor can deal with Mence.
    I like CB Scizor, but I need a fast revenge killer. Even if Sciz brings Priority to the table, it's still not as good as a fast Stone Edge from an Adamant Heracross. Thunderpunch is also a no-go on Noir, b/c it gets no boost from CM, and then I have no counter for SpecsMence (which is still fairly common). I might turn Electrode into a lead that doesn't kill itself, just to deal with those two.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 2nd December 2009 at 10:12 PM.

I like CB Scizor, but I need a fast revenge killer. Even if Sciz brings Priority to the table, it's still not as good as a fast Stone Edge from an Adamant Heracross.
    Anything else I could suggest (Weavile, Jolteon, Magnezone) creates bad synergy and I am going to be persistant about CB Scizor. It gets great synergy with Heatran, and priority can deal with the occasional +2 you'll have to deal with. You could, however, try one of the Porygon brothers - Z if you want a revenge killer; 2 if you want a more effective counter to Mence and Gyara.

Thunderpunch is also a no-go on Noir, b/c it gets no boost from CM, and then I have no counter for SpecsMence (which is still fairly common).
    Keep Ice Beam, then, if you really must. However, CM Dusknoir only really wants the defensive boost, so offences don't matter so much if you can take a lot of hits. Besides, 236 Attack is a decent amount for a defensive pokemon, and I really think you should take T-Punch into consideration if you choose to use CB Scizor (which I think you should; it severely outclasses Scarf Hera in this case). A move not being boosted is no reason not to use it; think of Fire Blast on DDMence.

I might turn Electrode into a lead that doesn't kill itself, just to deal with those two.
    I think Electrode should stick to what he's good at - killing himself.
    Last edited by AlCario; 3rd December 2009 at 6:28 AM.

OK, props for using Electrode, and further props for choosing an Evanescence song to name it after.

As for actual rates, Gliscor should use Stone Edge in that second slot for the best slot.

On Celebi, change Energy Ball to Hidden Power [Fire] to hit Grass-types, or use Substitute to protect yourself. I wouldn't run Leech Seed and Recover on the same set, but meh. Also, Cosmic Power (if it gets it, I dunno) is more useful than Calm Mind if you don't use an attacking move on it.

Heatran should run HP [Electric] to punish Gyarados switching in. Explosion is another option to kill fat pink things, but run Naive if you do that.

Dusknoir is fine, but I think a Bulk Up set would be even better.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    -Bulk Up
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Brick Break
    -Rest / Pain Split / (Elemental Punch)

The rest are fine.

ungulateman
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Anything else I could suggest (Weavile, Jolteon, Magnezone) creates bad synergy and I am going to be persistant about CB Scizor. It gets great synergy with Heatran, and priority can deal with the occasional +2 you'll have to deal with. You could, however, try one of the Porygon brothers - Z if you want a revenge killer; 2 if you want a more effective counter to Mence and Gyara.
    Hmmm... I'll consider it. It does sound like a good option. What set should I run for him? I've seen several CB Scizor variants, carrying everything from Aerial Ace and Rock Smash(and it was actually a problem for me), to Superpower and U-Turn.

Keep Ice Beam, then, if you really must. However, CM Dusknoir only really wants the defensive boost, so offences don't matter so much if you can take a lot of hits. Besides, 236 Attack is a decent amount for a defensive pokemon, and I really think you should take T-Punch into consideration if you choose to use CB Scizor (which I think you should; it severely outclasses Scarf Hera in this case). A move not being boosted is no reason not to use it; think of Fire Blast on DDMence.
    I don't really want to do that. T-Punch is wasted now that I have HP Electric on Heatran. Plus, Dusknoir can 2HKO Gyarados with Shadow Ball at +2. He's not as big of a threat if I deal with him early on. If he gets fully set up, I'm screwed anyway, so it won't make much difference.

I think Electrode should stick to what he's good at - killing himself.
    This is so getting sigged.

Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    OK, props for using Electrode, and further props for choosing an Evanescence song to name it after.
    Thanks I had originally planned on Azelf, but Electrode fit far better.

As for actual rates, Gliscor should use Stone Edge in that second slot for the best slot.
    True, since Dusknoir carries Ice Beam.

On Celebi, change Energy Ball to Hidden Power [Fire] to hit Grass-types, or use Substitute to protect yourself. I wouldn't run Leech Seed and Recover on the same set, but meh. Also, Cosmic Power (if it gets it, I dunno) is more useful than Calm Mind if you don't use an attacking move on it.
    Celebi is the one thing on my team that can deal with Swampert. Leech Seed and Recover make it nearly invincible with CM up. She doesn't get Cosmic Power. Heatran can take care of Grass types effectively. She also works nicely with Heatran for a good offense and defense combo (seeing as the two are always used on the same teams).

Heatran should run HP [Electric] to punish Gyarados switching in. Explosion is another option to kill fat pink things, but run Naive if you do that.
    I have Heracross to kill every fat pink Pokemon in the game and then some, so I'll run HP Electric to try to beat down Gyara before he gets an edge into my team.

Dusknoir is fine, but I think a Bulk Up set would be even better.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    -Bulk Up
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Brick Break
    -Rest / Pain Split / (Elemental Punch)

The rest are fine.

ungulateman
    I agree, but Dusknoir can't learn Bulk Up. It'd kick ass, but it can't.

Thanks for the rates you guys, I'll make some of those changes.

Hmmm... I'll consider it. It does sound like a good option. What set should I run for him? I've seen several CB Scizor variants, carrying everything from Aerial Ace and Rock Smash(and it was actually a problem for me), to Superpower and U-Turn.
    Here's the CB Scizor set, in case you're interested:

Scizor@Choice Band
    Adamant/Technician
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit

248 HP EVs so that he can switch in 8 times with SR up. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Bullet Punch is obvious, STAB Choice Banded U-Turns hurt a lot, Superpower is the most powerful move on the set, and is used against things like Skarmory, and Technician Pursuit teaches cocky Choice users the meaning of pain. As standard as it gets.

Thanks Al. I'll edit that in a minute.

Thanks Al. I'll edit that in now.

Hitmontop/Starmie for spins.

Hitmontop@Muscle Band
    Mach Punch
    Rapid Spin
    Bullet Punch
    Close Combat
    I guess this can do, Close Combat can change. An attempt to remake 0Yarko's Hitmontop.

Starmie@Focus Sash
    Surf
    Rapid Spin
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Standard, I think.

Starmie@Leftovers
    Rapid Spin
    Hydro Pump/Surf
    Ice Beam/Blizzard
    Toxic
    Defensive, when you add EVs.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Why should he add those? You have to atleast give an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Why should he add those? You have to atleast give an explanation.
    He wanted Rapid-Spinners, so I gave some sets, I hate explaining.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

I should erase that now. The team is set. I don't need any spinners, b/c Electrode does a damn good job of keeping SR and Spikes off the field.