Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mastering Current Events! (622)

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Everyone's a quitter. They caught the Paul-itis.
    Oh, goody. Somebody help this saga before I just stop watching the series once again and just play the games.

I'm glad Ash released him and let him train with the old dude, I mean its better than sitting with Oak and Tracey all this time getting no action, besides you never know? Assuming he gets Gible, this Gible might be stronger than Buizel.But anyways goodbye Gliscor, you'll be missed like we miss Primeape, but hey you can't please everyone with this show.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Unhappy

Well Goodbye Gliscor hope to seeya in the league or Volkner's Gym. I really liked that little monstrosity really. Oh well at least Ash gets a Dragon type that and I am about as fond of Gabite and Gible as I am Gligar and Gliscor , so its a win win situation one of my favorites leaves the main cast and another is joining.

I'm just hoping Gible evolves. That way if Ash decides to double battle with him and Gliscor it'll look pretty epic.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Can someone please answer me something that I am confused on. Where is everyone getting Gible/some Dragon-type from? I thought Kazunari caught a Gible from what I was reading in the bios. Also, not to be mean here but can Ash handle a dragon-type? I don't mean to sound like a high snob or some kind of jerk. But I don't see Ash with a Dragon-type. I see him more with Riolu/Lucario more then a Dragon-type. Just my opinion.

^^^^
    there will be 2 episodes about Gible (dp 156&157) and it showed in future events Ash using Gible against Barry's Empoleon
    so yeah its pretty much confirmed Ash will have Gible.
    and in my opinion its a classic Charizard case. this guy will train gliscor to be the best he can. then Ash will take him back with him for the league and then gliscor will beat the *** out of Paul
    its that simple
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I miss Gliscor but it was for the better. We might see her again at the sinnoh league or at Volkners Gym well atleast Gliscor learned a really powerful move.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Considering Ash hasn't released a Pokémon since 1999, I'd like to think it's more a training
    I don't know about that.

I'm actually suprised that for once Scizor got to be the badarse pokemon it deserves to be instead of a fodder for Ash or someone else to beat the tar out of.

Zard, please don't adapt the "Charyzrd & skwurtl r starturz!" BS argument Cyber likes to use. Since Gliscor is basically in for training, to become better at battling, there should be no reason it won't return for the league. Being one of Ash's most popular Sinnoh Pokemon, I don't see why not.

Buizel's "personality" is basically a poor imitation of Sceptile/Charizard (in that he tries to be badass, but just comes off as a cocky douchebag). And unlike either of them, he isn't entertaining to watch nor does he have any sort of character development.
    Ash has had highly emotional Pokemon before (Torkoal seems the closest) so it's no better to compare them to Gliscor then Buizel to Charizard. The second part is just an opinion. I didn't like Gliscor or its personality very much (thought they overdid it in this episode especially) but it was a solid member of the team. Far as Character Development goes its few and far in between for any Pokemon. Some get it and others don't. Same goes for Trainers.

Where is everyone getting Gible/some Dragon-type from?
    About a month ago Bandai leaked that Ash would catch a Gible at the end of the year. The recent episode Titles and Previews have supported this. He'll be catching a different Gible. Now that Ash has a slot open in his roster it's all but certain.

I admit there is a slight possibility Gliscor could return for the league, but there's also a chance it might now.

If it doesn't, the writers officially suck. I guess Ash should start releasing all his Pokemon again:

- Staraptor can be left behind to help a flock of Starly/Staravia being harassed by a Skarmory

- Monferno can go join the fire monkey squad and become a mascot for the firemen.

- Buizel can find out its true calling in being a lifeguard and helping little kids at sea.

- Gible/Gabite can go train in some dragon valley ala Charizard

- Grotle can simply blow up

I just lost whatever excitement I had for the Sinnoh league. If Gliscor doesn't come back, the show officially sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Zard, please don't adapt the "Charyzrd & skwurtl r starturz!" BS argument Cyber likes to use.
    and how exactly does "I don't know about that" = what you are saying?

Since Gliscor is basically in for training, to become better at battling, there should be no reason it won't return for the league.
    Problem is there ain't no gaurantee of that, Ash released Primeape in a similar fashion, and we never saw it again, so who knows, but i'm not about to start fighting with people over the issue since it's like fighting a brick wall.

Gliscor could return by league time, simply because we're near the end of Sinnoh now and Ash could use a 7th pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Gliscor could return by league time, simply because we're near the end of Sinnoh now and Ash could use a 7th pokemon.
    As you say, we're near the end of sinnoh, hardly ample time for me to actually see Gliscor get as much training as people are thinking here.

Also, someone over at bulbagarden brought up an intresting point, if Gliscor does return and is used against Paul, then that's basically proving Paul right because someone else trained it for him, not him himself.

If it does comeback in the league then it's fine but it just lost it's rights to battle Paul, because that's no better than using an older pokemon against him.

Thank you everyone for clearing up the Gible/Dragon-type issue. Man, I need to look into things more.

Seen the sp, and the way they did it made it seem like gliscors gone for good The end was very poignant with the flash black of gligar/glicors journey and even team rocket was crying, if there isnt a an indication of its return in the dub, then it will be safe to say that thats it for gliscor.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator1 View Post
    Seen the sp, and the way they did it made it seem like gliscors gone for good The end was very poignant with the flash black of gligar/glicors journey and even team rocket was crying, if there isnt a an indication of its return in the dub, then it will be safe to say that thats it for gliscor.
    The problem is then why have it learn Giga Impact?

Cacnea's Drain punch was the sole reason why it left, because James wasn't skilled enough to train.

Gliscor's Giga Impact came out of nowhere, so in this case what was the point of it learning Giga Impact if we're never going to see it again?
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 3rd December 2009 at 6:35 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm all for Gliscor returning for the league. So we didnt get a full comformation that gliscor will return, doesn't mean it won't. If I recall Ash thought that he might never see Charizard again in the episode he released it, but as we know it has poped up every once in a while.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Wait, wait, wait, Buizel's gonna get released as well, becuase he's gonna fail to learn a move, so he's gonna get released, cause Ash is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I admit there is a slight possibility Gliscor could return for the league, but there's also a chance it might now.

If it doesn't, the writers officially suck. I guess Ash should start releasing all his Pokemon again:

- Staraptor can be left behind to help a flock of Starly/Staravia being harassed by a Skarmory

- Monferno can go join the fire monkey squad and become a mascot for the firemen.

- Buizel can find out its true calling in being a lifeguard and helping little kids at sea.

- Gible/Gabite can go train in some dragon valley ala Charizard

- Grotle can simply blow up

I just lost whatever excitement I had for the Sinnoh league. If Gliscor doesn't come back, the show officially sucks.
    Ouch. Harsh much? We pretty much just began with all these "epic" episodes, and now it seems like simply because Gliscor is gone, everything sucks? And here I thought everyone wanted Gible...

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    The problem is then why have it learn Giga Impact?

Cacnea's Drain punch was the sole reason why it left, because James wasn't skilled enough to train.

Gliscor's Giga Impact came out of nowhere, so in this case what was the point of it learning Giga Impact if we're never going to see it again?
    Right, Gardenia herself suggested the use of Drain Punch.

I think I see you're reasoning. Hopefully it does make a return.

I'm still being optimistic about this whole "ordeal". True, Gliscor was pretty cool, but we're getting Gible soon. Geez, I'd wait until at least Sunnyshore before anything is proven sound.

what's the use, none of you are convinced about this.

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    And here I thought everyone wanted Gible...

Gible is cool, yes. But the problem is that they released one of Ashes pokemon THAT ACTUALLY HAD A CHARACTURE ARC, for the freaking uber dragon. Great job, Nintendo: You fail at pleasing the fans who have brains.

Then again, these are the same idiots who put flamethrowers and bazookas in episodes, and then ban one because GUNZ R BAD! Also the same ones who think Steel/Rock is an Uber Godly defensive typing.

EDIT: Wait a minute. Didn't they have Snorunt have problems with a move back in Hoenn? Did they release him? NO! Ash trained him himself, and eventually got helped by someone else, but he NEVER RELEASED IT! (yeah, it left in BF, but you could say that about about a lot of stuff and leaving him)
    Last edited by mattman324; 3rd December 2009 at 7:05 PM.
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Ash's attitude really bothered me. He seemed so careless releasing Gliscor. It seemed like the only one that had an attachment was Gliscor towards Ash. Considering how much Ash has given Paul the "friendship with pokemon speech" it seems kinda ironic Ash is releasing a pokemon without really feeling anything afterwards.

Well, that's that. Game Over.

As quite a few others are, one is angered that Gliscor has been dumped in exchange for Riolu Mk II, and the dreadful thing is, this one's confirmed to be captured. Never mind the fact that Scizor is balls, this has just taken whatever morale I had about the japanese and intelligent decisions and smashed it into the ground.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

^From what i understand Gliscor wanted to do this, if a pokemon chooses to leave of it's own vocation there's nothing the trainer can do about it.

i jsut hate it because gliscor was so kool and actually had a different attidude then most pokemon and then he gets given away.
    if you want to trade pm me my friend code is 2835-7097-1212 and my name is TY
    currently searching for pm me if you have one and want to trade

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast