Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mastering Current Events! (622)

Why oh why couldn't they have just oaked him why :'(:'(

Still have to see the episode it isn't up where i usually watch it

He better come back for the league is all i can say

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Aw man I wished Gliscor would stay, I like the guy. If there's a pokemon in Ash's team I'd wish it'd leave for Gible, that's Grotle by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Ash's attitude really bothered me. He seemed so careless releasing Gliscor. It seemed like the only one that had an attachment was Gliscor towards Ash. Considering how much Ash has given Paul the "friendship with pokemon speech" it seems kinda ironic Ash is releasing a pokemon without really feeling anything afterwards.
    That bothered me as well.

The only hope is in a future episode (beginning of DP156) Ash starts to miss Gliscor, indicating that Ash was putting a facade on for Gliscor. After all given Gliscor's bond with Ash, could it really leave if Ash was feeling just as badly?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    As you say, we're near the end of sinnoh, hardly ample time for me to actually see Gliscor get as much training as people are thinking here.

Also, someone over at bulbagarden brought up an intresting point, if Gliscor does return and is used against Paul, then that's basically proving Paul right because someone else trained it for him, not him himself.

If it does comeback in the league then it's fine but it just lost it's rights to battle Paul, because that's no better than using an older pokemon against him.
    Almighty zard i think you are right. Whoever brought that up about Ash not being able to train on his own and rellying on other people to make his pokemon powerful proves Paul's point. I mean he could have worked harder with it but no. It's sad really. I think he had to train it instead of giving it away like that but Gliscor wanted to stay behind from what i am reading here.
    Last edited by zeno48; 3rd December 2009 at 8:09 PM.

The World God Only knows

Omg I cant believe that he let gliscor stay behind like it was useless from the start T^T

I really liked it as it was ash's most relalistic pokemon
    it had true greatness and now he is giving the spot to some lame pokemon that we have seen like 5 times already in the sinnoh league alone -.-

Dragon isnt ash's type

Outrage !!!

<--- Best starters <3

Kunoz <3

I'm usually not one to complain about episodes but I'm really sad ash left Gliscor behind (aka we'll never see Gliscor again). Out of all of Ash's current pokemon Gliscor was my favorite. He was cute despite looking like an evil-scorpion-bat-thing and was one of the few reasons why I liked watching the newer episodes. Sure Ash will get another pokemon but to be honest I thought his current team was fine just the way it was (maybe an evolution or something) so I'm really not excited about it unless this new pokemon has a quirky personality or something... then I think that'd be cool

Picture used in signature is from Pixiv

December 3, 2009: A day that will live in infamy...

Can't say I'm surprised that Gliscor left. With Gible coming someone had to leave, and Gliscor was the only option. All I can say is, Gliscor it's been fun. Be sure to come back as awesome as Charizard! *waves*

Quote Originally Posted by mattman324 View Post
    Gible is cool, yes. But the problem is that they released one of Ashes pokemon THAT ACTUALLY HAD A CHARACTURE ARC, for the freaking uber dragon. Great job, Nintendo: You fail at pleasing the fans who have brains.
    I must admit, it's been fun, but we've no reason to jump the gun. Let's not kill Gible until it gets here. I'll take a risk and say we might find we actually like the little whatever. But what are the odds of that?

Goodbye Gliscor, I`m going to miss you!
    Shinies that I own:

'Kay so with what I've been reading, then Paul's the hero not Ash, because Paul's blunt with it, whereas Ash is. "YOU LIEK ME, LIEK IS NOT A turmenlgi en mi bok mr." Then Ash leaves the baby with a stranger. Ummm... Why is this Kanto?, I mean Johto was better then this, because nobody left for retarded reasons.

aww but gliscor was so goood but oh well ash is getting a gible now yay
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Jeez, everyone's getting so worked up here. I like Gliscor as much as the next guygirl, but what's done is done. That's it. And to say that the show is horrible because of 1 Pokemon (even if it was great having him/her around) leaving is kinda unreasonable, no? Maybe we will see Gliscor again, maybe we won't. Stop complaining, it's a TV show.. We can't do anything about it. The writers have months of episodes already complete, written, and animated. It's too late. =/

On topic; I thought this episode was pretty good. Sad to see Gliscor leave the gang and all, but it WAS expected. 8|

Next up, Gible's time to shine! *shot*

I just view this as poor planning on the writers part. They have Ash capture something, then have him release it out of the blue for some little dragon?

This is not Kanto. To see this happening in Sinnoh twice is ridiculous.

I can only assume this is some secret plan to bring Gliscor back for the league, if not then I'll have lost all faith in the writers. It seems "good writing" has officially gone out the window. Will the writers rectify this? I don't know.

Wow. I honestly didn't see this coming, and I'm angry. I can't believe they pulled another Ambipom in the same season.

I hope this Gible rots.

Maybe, just maybe, Gible will be given a unique personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Considering Ash hasn't released a Pokémon since 1999, I'd like to think it's more a training
    I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I admit there is a slight possibility Gliscor could return for the league, but there's also a chance it might now.

If it doesn't, the writers officially suck. I guess Ash should start releasing all his Pokemon again:

- Staraptor can be left behind to help a flock of Starly/Staravia being harassed by a Skarmory

- Monferno can go join the fire monkey squad and become a mascot for the firemen.

- Buizel can find out its true calling in being a lifeguard and helping little kids at sea.

- Gible/Gabite can go train in some dragon valley ala Charizard

- Grotle can simply blow up

I just lost whatever excitement I had for the Sinnoh league. If Gliscor doesn't come back, the show officially sucks.
    Yeah I agree. Charizard randomly shows up when it's convenient for Ash. If they can't even be bothered to bring Gliscor back then they're just lazy. It left to train right? It didn't leave to sky dive or anything random and stupid like Ambipom so I don't see any reason it can't return.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Sad yes, but can't go back now. We have to wait until Gible arrives until we can judge the creature - who knows, it might be (and I personally think it will be) a great replacement. When Gible is given some time on Ash's team people get used to it and sooner or later forget older things (like this situation with Gliscor). I'd really like to travel to the future to see how people would react if it was Gible leaving, haha, there would be soo much complaining even though you hate the little thing now. It's a never ending cycle and people are never satisfied, that's what we are like.

Also, someone over at bulbagarden brought up an intresting point, if Gliscor does return and is used against Paul, then that's basically proving Paul right because someone else trained it for him, not him himself.
    True, never thought of that... I guess Ash won't be using Gliscor against Paul then. But he'll win anyway: Gible will get plenty of training before the League not to mention all the other Pok&#233;mon Ash has + Monferno most likely evolving...
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

I just view this as poor planning on the writers part. They have Ash capture something, then have him release it out of the blue for some little dragon?

I can only assume this is some secret plan to bring Gliscor back for the league, if not then I'll have lost all faith in the writers. It seems "good writing" has officially gone out the window. Will the writers rectify this? I don't know.
    Seriously man, cut off the record player. We get it. It's "Poor Writing."
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

It amazes me how at how much people are overreacting. I love Gliscor to death and this kills me, but you don't see me overreacting do you?

There is a good change Gliscor might return. All it has to do is master it's flying which shouldn't take too long since it wasn't that bad in the first place (Canalave Gym Battle).

Anyway, despite what happens the episode looks good.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I wonder how Paul will react when he sees that Ash released Gliscor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Birdy View Post
    I wonder how Paul will react when he sees that Ash released Gliscor.
    Probably won't care. He hardly cared when Chimchar evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It amazes me how at how much people are overreacting. I love Gliscor to death and this kills me, but you don't see me overreacting do you?
    You're missing the point, its horrid out of the blue writing with no foreshadowing and it ruins everything the current show is about.

Its things like this that makes you realize the DP saga has just as many flaws and mishaps about it as any of the previous regions. So much for DP being this "perfect saga," both Gliscor and Ambipom being released is the worse thing to happen to the show in 10 years.

There is a good change Gliscor might return. All it has to do is master it's flying which shouldn't take too long since it wasn't that bad in the first place (Canalave Gym Battle).
    The writers had give them Gliscor's pokeball.

At first I was kind of annoyed since I really like Gliscor, but it could just be like Charizard and Squirtle where someone else has them (excluding the ones at Oak's Lab) and then ash can call upon the Pok&#233;mon whenever he wants.

This is just for flying, and Gliscor has pretty good flying, so this might not even last long.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Yeah, I haven't seen the episode yet either, but it doesn't matter. I just wanted to find out what happened to Gliscor. Unfortunately, our predictions were correct. Still, I have faith that Gliscor will return for the league. Why would it learn Giga Impact then immediately leave? The writers must have something up their sleeves. I'm hoping for a Gible/Gliscor rotation at the league?

Still, I'm a bit angry at the writers. Not so much about Gliscor itself, but that they would release such a vital part of the main cast at such a crucial time. Much like Ambipom, they've gone and THROWN AWAY a Pokemon that they have spent good time developing into a loved character. And for what? A new little Pokemon that's more marketable? I'm sorry, but if they got rid of Ambipom and Gliscor for Pokemon that are simply more marketable, than the writers make me sick.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. Gliscor is gone and there's nothing that can be done about it, so don't waste your time and energy whining. I still think Gliscor's returning for the league because UNLIKE AMBIPOM Gliscor isn't totally ditching its trainer for a completely different style of training. Until confirmed otherwise, I would put it in the same category as Charizard and Squirtle: in training. Wait...isn't Primeape in that category too? Huh....
    Last edited by Charizard Lord; 3rd December 2009 at 9:42 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3681-3604. Add me if you'd like, and send me a PM if you'd like to battle or trade. : )

Friend Safari Type: Electric. Contains Electrode, Electabuzz, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan#493 View Post
    Jeez, everyone's getting so worked up here. I like Gliscor as much as the next guygirl, but what's done is done. That's it. And to say that the show is horrible because of 1 Pokemon (even if it was great having him/her around) leaving is kinda unreasonable, no?
    This is the same fandom that has fans who stopped watching ever since Misty left. Somehow, I don't find this completely unreasonable.

Next up, Gible's time to shine! *shot*
    Who knows, Gible might just be as good as Glisco-*sniped*

Said dragon was hyped for about a month.

3, oh right twice. So Cacnea doesn't count because it's a rocket Pokemon? Or Dustox?

Okay, I'll admit that they gave Dustox a good sendoff, and that we did hear about Cacnea later on.

Gliscor is leaving for training (and to perfect Giga Impact, maybe?).

Ambipom left for Ping Pong... -_-. WTF?

SOL then.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    That's true. A little unfortunate, yes, but I'm still gonna watch this. We're getting Gible.

Oh wait, I forgot, Gible is pint sized replacement of Gliscor. Yeah, nothing of interest[/sarcasm].

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I think Gliscor's departure was done in a way that hints at it returning for one or two of the League battles.

I feel like Gliscor has become another Charizard-type Pokemon. Which is a lot better than just plain getting rid of it.

Still, sucks that it's gone, but this doesn't compare with the absolutely abominable way Ambipom was released.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast