10th June 2010, 1:38 PM
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Monotype Challenge Thread V3.0
Here it is, the Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, and Pokémon Platinum Monotype Challenge Thread, Version V3.0.
The last version died about two months ago, so with permission from Bobandbill, I'm starting a new thread.
The aim of the monotype challenge is to try and complete the game using Pokémon of only one type. More details are provided in the rules.
1. All of the Pokémon on your team must share one single type. Here is an example of a Bug monotype team;
2. You are allowed to use Pokémon that evolve into your type. Ex. You can use Turtwig if your monotype challenge is the Ground type, as Torterra is part Ground type.
3. Double type Pokémon are allowed, as long as one of their two types matches the type you plan to use. Ex. Infernape is eligible for both a Fire and a Fighting Monotype team.
4. No legendaries. This was changed from Ubers because it just makes a bit more sense. Here is a list of Legendary Pokémon;
5. Your monotype challenge ends when you defeat the Pokémon Elite Four and become Champion, although you may go further, up to capturing Heatran, or anywhere in between.
6. You may not have two of the same Pokémon on your team, or two from the same evolutionary line, such as Prinplup and Empoleon. This rule does not apply to Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Shedinja/Ninjask, Slowbro/Slowking, Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Hitmontop, or Gallade/Gardevoir.
7. If you pick a starter that is not of your type, it can only be used until you find a Pokémon of your type.
8. You may have Pokémon of another type on your team, but only as HM slaves, NOT to be used in battle.
9. This thread is only for posts concerning what type you are using, if you would like suggestions of a certain type, or your progress with your chosen monotype.
10. The most important thing is to make sure to have fun! Please PM me any suggestions on how I could improve/change any rules etc.
When I finish my current Pokémon Platinum file, I shall start a Steel monotype;
Last edited by foxyman1167; 12th June 2010 at 6:33 PM.
5th December 2013, 10:09 PM
This looks great! I an new to Pokémon challenges and I think this will be a great way to get some use from my old diamond game. What type should is good?