Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 232

Thread: Nicknames - What do you name your Pokemon? & Nickname Help!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    90

    Default Nicknames - What do you name your Pokemon? & Nickname Help!

    ADDED IN: Ask for advice on nicknames here as well, please!

    Ask forI have been looking around the area, and have yet to find a topic about Nicknaming Pokemon, not including "nickname help."
    Whenever you catch a Pokemon, you get the chance to nickname your Pokemon. I was wondering if anyone else nicknames their Pokemon, or just chooses not to, and leave it at the Pokedex Name.
    I usually choose not to nickname my Pokemon, except when it comes to Unknown, which I name according to their shape; Unknown A, Unknown !, and so on.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 26th January 2010 at 9:49 AM. Reason: to cut down on 'nickname my pokemon please' threads -_-
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/k9zyx1.jpg[/IMG]
    - Legendary Pokemon are over powered and unfair in battle. If you raise your team with honor, copy this in your signature!
    - I speak proper english, not pr0p3r 3n91$h. If you speak in correct english and puncuate, copy this!

    Care for a battle?
    [4898 6437 9003]
    No legendaries, and Pokemon only below level 50 for battles. PM me for a battle.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I give all my PKMN nicknames.

    The ones I intend to trade I give the corniest name I can think of so the tradee will remember it.

    I usually give the PKMN I intend to use on my team their (Romanized) Japanese name, I think they sound better than the English ones. But that's just me.
    Last edited by ~*Lyra; 6th December 2009 at 6:26 PM. Reason: Added something.


  3. #3

    Default

    Stuff from movies e.g. my aerodactyl = starscream, my infernape = rafiki
    My mascot of course i.e. shiny noctowl = displeased
    The one I will always stick with: Butterfree = lowfat (cause its butter free, get it?)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    On your head....
    Posts
    313

    Default

    I dont nickname my Pokemon as I prefer to leave them at their original names. Plus, I'm a horrible nicknamer. I used to have an Arcanine called FurryZebra 0_o
    << Thanks, Gladeshadow!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    new jersey.
    Posts
    601

    Default

    I rarely nick name pokemon. It defeats the purpose I think.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    123 Fake Street
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Steelix - Iron Dick

    Don't get me started on Palkia.
    Last edited by Lord Scalgon; 6th December 2009 at 8:02 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario,Alliston
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Steelix - Iron Dick

    Don't get me started on Palkia.
    You guys have to stop speaking rude words, and I know its not swearing but I think no-one should get banned. Everyone deserves to be a part of serebii.net!
    Billy ryan Pkmn 4ever;

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I don't nickname in Diamond, and all I can remember from Pearl is Sturnus (Genus of the starling) the Starly. In Platinum, however...

    Torterra: Chelon, after Chelonia, the genus/order/something of turtles and tortoises.
    Golduck: Sally. Yeah... I was feeling lazy and never bothered to rename it. But hey, at least it is a girl.
    Gallade: Masaharu. Sounds properly Japanese for a warrior such as him.
    Mamoswine: Pancetta, as in pancetta ham. One of my stranger names.
    Giratina: Zhao Long. Long is Chinese for dragon, and Zhao just makes it sound cooler.
    Rotom: Blitz, I think. The only pokemon on my Platinum not on my battling team that I bothered to nickname. Not sure why.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I nickname most of my pokemon, sometimes I actually stop playing for half an hour just to make a cool nickname. I mostly use funny names, but lately I'm using "cool Japanese names".
    Like I called my infernape Bokito, which is a Gorilla who escaped from the zoo a week before I started pokemon Diamond. But I called my Staraptor TomaHawX in my platinum playthrough.
    Favourite pokémons:
    in my school i had pearl and all my friends had diamond because they thought that palkia is pink so its for girls ~QUAGSIRE FAN12???
    pink is light red. lol ~Mr. BrickaBracka

    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I nickname pokemon I'm going to use for the Frontier or other battles.
    For example: I named my Qwilfish "PuckerUp", Shaymin "DustBunny", Omanyte "DavyJones!", and Milotic "Mirage".
    3DS: 0302-0883-5064


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    90

    Default

    I have been playing Pokemon Gold recently, which I nicknamed my Cyndaquil; Charcoal. However, I once named a Caterpie; OWNAGE!!!!, and a Magikarp; GOD. Get it?

    EDIT: Woot! I evolved in member status!
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/k9zyx1.jpg[/IMG]
    - Legendary Pokemon are over powered and unfair in battle. If you raise your team with honor, copy this in your signature!
    - I speak proper english, not pr0p3r 3n91$h. If you speak in correct english and puncuate, copy this!

    Care for a battle?
    [4898 6437 9003]
    No legendaries, and Pokemon only below level 50 for battles. PM me for a battle.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Galaxy of Transylvania
    Posts
    221

    Default

    I've only ever nicknamed 2 pokemon. I named my shadow lugia XD001 just because I thought that name was just awesome, and I used to nickname all my torchics (when I was younger I always picked the fire type, and usually never leveled any other pokemon) Blaze, because there was a rumor that naming it that made it easier to find rare pokemon
    Black and White 2 Return to Familiar Lands, except for the giant glacier.

    I really wish they'd change the type of hidden power on the party pokemon page because the normal type icon looks boring. My special sweepers all have stupid looking Attack tabs on their information.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Blender
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I usually name mine from anime's and mangas (Naruto, Bleach, Death Note,etc)

    PKMN Pearl FC: 0904 3053 6984

    PKMN Black FC: 1463 6353 3437


    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/e1wme.gif[/IMG]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    what should i name my female dragonair

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter kamrowski View Post
    what should i name my female dragonair
    A shiny Dragonair should be whatever you find suited. Try to choose a nickname that resembles something you like. If you can't choose one, just name it Dragonair.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/k9zyx1.jpg[/IMG]
    - Legendary Pokemon are over powered and unfair in battle. If you raise your team with honor, copy this in your signature!
    - I speak proper english, not pr0p3r 3n91$h. If you speak in correct english and puncuate, copy this!

    Care for a battle?
    [4898 6437 9003]
    No legendaries, and Pokemon only below level 50 for battles. PM me for a battle.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Steelix - Iron Dick

    Don't get me started on Palkia.
    I'll have to sig that one day
    scratch that,sigged

    I name mine after member of my favorite bands or japanese names,because they sound cool.
    Last edited by rocko; 6th December 2009 at 9:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisatomaxon View Post
    i was wandering , what was this thread about??


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    its a shiny dragonair

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    610

    Default

    I named my Empoleon Pringer X. It's a (epic) reference to Disgaea.
    I'm gonna name my Breloom Umbreloom just because.
    My Crobat is Necrobat. Necro means death in latin, I think.
    I named my pickup pokes Pickup #1 and Pickup #2.

    I saw a Metagross named Metal Gear.
    You see quite a lot of water pokes named Leviathan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Shiny Crobat (Pink): Pinkrobat
    Shiny Roserade (Purple flowers): Purpleaf

    Heatran: Vitleroy
    Forettress: Stronghold
    Salemence: Threshold
    Garchomp: Mercury
    Scizor: Red-Jacket
    Breloom: Psychonaut
    Wobbufett: Rebound
    Blissey: BLISii
    Gyaridos: Tempest
    Porgon-Z: Gonzo
    Mamoswine: Niflheim
    Lucario: Asmodeon

    So yeah. Not really a theme, but related to the Pok&#233;mon in question.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    in mcdonalds stealin wi fi
    Posts
    113

    Default

    i have an alakazam named ratchet and a magnemite named clank!
    You Either Die a Hero, or Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become the Villain



    You say Jonas Brothers-I say Guns N' Roses
    You say Taylor Swift-I say Ozzy Osbourne
    You say Soulja boy-I say Black Sabbath
    You say Miley Cyrus-I say Lynryd Skynryd
    You say rap-I say rock
    You say pop-I say METAL
    92% of kids have reduced themselves rap,pop,& hip hop.If your one of the 8% who like to headbang and disturb the peace copy and paste to you sig.(started by col_serra)

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col_serra View Post
    i have an alakazam named ratchet and a magnemite named clank!
    thats cool, but ratchet needs to be represented by someone smaller and furrier. flareon mayhaps? or growlithe? vulpix? fire types because his weapons usually make things blow up.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default My Pokemon's Nicknames

    I nicknamed my Hydreigon (or however it is spelled) Divasaur, because it is female and its kind of a dinosaur.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alternate Dimension
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I like to nickname my pokemon because it makes them unique.

    Typhlosion: DemoneX (I thought it was cool)
    Togekiss: Sozouryoku (Souzouryoku in Japanese means creativity, but I took out an "o" to fit it)
    Vaporeon: Taki (Waterfall in Japanese)
    Gengar: Nightmare (I would have named it something else but I was too lazy at the time)
    Smeargle: Smudge (It paints and I think it's really cute)
    Gyarados: Chaos (It's a Gyarados!)
    Gyarados: Tsunamir (Like tsunami)
    Pikachu: Sugar (After a Pikachu in one episode I saw)
    Hitmonchan: MachyMachy (After the move mach punch)
    Charizard: Blazeblade (Firebreather with razor sharp wings)
    Dragonite: Draykon (A dragonish name)
    Umbreon: Tsubasa (After Tsubasa in Gakuen Alice, who can control people through shadows)
    Meganium: Charly (I didn't like Charlie and so replaced "ie" with "y" and it stuck)
    Pidgeot: Skylera (Flying type taking to the skies)
    Mamoswine: Baromir (It sounds strong)
    Espeon: Rukaan (I honestly don't know)

    Those are all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't name legendaries.


    Come at me bro.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    I like nicknaming my pokes with cool anime things and random japanese words I come up with.

    My garchomp *shiny* is named RyuuKaze which is Wind Dragon in japanese with an extra u. I also named my trainer Aero D. Ace(Aero Drake Ace) Thats their first middle and last name

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    i named my shiny dragonair mysterium latin word for mysterious i think its awsome

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •