Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: It's digging time!

Default It's digging time!

So, what is you digging skill? Do you use the hammer and dig rashly, or the pickaxe and dig carefully? And then,are you usually successful in unearthing everything, or does the wall crumble before you even manage to dig something? Apart from spheres, what are the items that you usually get? And what are your other experiences that you get from digging?

As for me, I usually use the pickaxe and dig in one of the 2x2 square, because an item's size is (if I'm not mistaken) more than 2x2. So far I've obtained one Hard Stone, a Max Revive, some shards, and once a Heart Scale. What are other rare items that you find? And how do you ensure that you can dig everything just before the wall crumbles? Do you just get plain lucky, or do you plan your digging carefully? Tell your stories here~

I get Heart Scales fairly often, and a bunch of Shards as well. But I've gotten almost all of the rare items at least once too.

I nearly always use the hammer. I start off my hitting each of the four corners until it's all the way down, then if I see something, pound around it to uncover it, and if not, then randomly pound until I see something or the wall comes down. Not really the best method, but hey, it's gotten me decent stuff XD

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
    I get Heart Scales fairly often, and a bunch of Shards as well. But I've gotten almost all of the rare items at least once too.

I nearly always use the hammer. I start off my hitting each of the four corners until it's all the way down, then if I see something, pound around it to uncover it, and if not, then randomly pound until I see something or the wall comes down. Not really the best method, but hey, it's gotten me decent stuff XD
    2 great minds thonk alike xp
    i almost always find fossils but dont get them, rare bone, shards, and big diamond spheres. Talk about luck
    I want to relive the days of Johto and experience it in a newer, cooler, revamped way. GF must remake Gold and Silver like they did with Red and Blue. If you agree, copy and paste this into your sig.
    (Started by Fighting Dark Man)

as for me i prefer to use the hammer, i'll
    get what i want sooner or later^^

I use the hammer to find the big objects, then finish off with the pickaxe.
    ;[

what happened.

Pickaxe for Small objects. If i find a big object i use the hammer.

Well, I always use Hammer tool at first to mash the wall deeper. When I find something, I use my Pickaxe carefully to get the item. Although sometimes, I always fail when I do that, probably because I become reckless sometimes when I want to dig faster. =P

Yes, I'm sad to say that from this date, I'm going to be
    COMPLETELY INACTIVE
    . I lost my interest in SPPf,
    and I'm going to be 99% inactive due to iRL things. Bye!

I just use the hammer and just smash everywhere, I usually get all the items.

I have found heaps of items underground. The only items I haven't found underground are the Dread Plate, Earth Plate, and Oval Stone (oh, and Shield Fossil for obvious reasons). Are Oval Stones Pearl exclusive or something? I can't believe I haven't ever found one. I have only ever found 1 Dome Fossil, and that was in my first save file, so I occasionally go underground just to hunt for one...no success yet. I have found plenty of the other fossils though, including roughly 10 Root Fossils...

i just use the pickaxe all the time. i use the hammer on rare occasions though.

I find lots of fossils, heart scales and some hard stones but i don't go underground because its boring even with a friend

I smash everything like hell with the hammer and slowly and carefully pick away everything else with the pickaxe. I often find rare objects like Heart Scales and Fossils.

I pickaxe everything slowly If I am just doing this to pass time.

If I am searchibng for something I SMASH DAT WALL!

Find HEart Scales and Thunderstones & Firestones too much ;x

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

I always use the pickaxe, don't like the hammer lol I usually get everything that's there except the bigger fossils, because the wall crumbles before I finish grrrr. I tend to find shards and stones more often than not.

Edit: Mineral Trainer >.<
    Song Claimed - In These Arms by Bon Jovi
    Paired with *~Aipom Star~*

I use the pick-Axe to just dig around, then when I find something, I use the hammer to remove the surrounding area of the item.

The items I get most are Shards, Evo. Stones, Max Revives and Skull Fossils.

Although I got lucky once and got 7 Rare Bones in 1 go-through. 7 Rare Bones in ~30 minutes.

Edit: ~@_@~ Rank up.

IT'S HAMMMA TIMEEEEEEEE

Yeah I bash the crap out of the wall w/ ma hamma, usually getting me fossils/stones/shards the like.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2m7vzfd.png[/IMG]

I usually just smash around with the hammer. If I'm running out of time, however, I usually switch to the pickax to try to dig out whatever I had currently found before the wall collapses.

Digging is my main source of income - due to all the evo stones I find and sell, I usually rack up anywhere from 20 to 50k at a time. XD

Pokemon X
    Trainer: Levi
    Friend Code: 3523-2361-2497
    Friend Safari: Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/28b5s29.jpg[/IMG]

I use the hammer to get through the dark rocks/to smash things quickly, but I switch to the Pickaxe when I find something good.

I get lots of Everstones, certain Fossils (usually Claw and Dome, IIRC), Water Stones, Leaf Stones, the occasional Fire Stone, the odd Heart Scale, sometimes an Arceus Plate, LOTS of Hard Stones, Shards, and I've found a few Rare Bones.
    Last edited by Cosmar; 8th June 2008 at 9:19 PM.
        Spoiler:- Stuff:

I just bang that wall up with the hammer and find Heart Scales or Water Stones most of the time. Sometimes I'll find a gem to bury and find later.

I use the pickaxe to locate items and then the mallet to quickly unearth them. The wall generally collapses before I finish, though.

I just take the Hammer and pound at the wall randomly until I find something, and then I pound around it until I get it. I usually get like half the things, I've gotten a few rare items, lots of fossils.

I really need to change my strategy, and incorporate the Pick Axe...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I just take the Hammer and pound at the wall randomly until I find something, and then I pound around it until I get it. I usually get like half the things, I've gotten a few rare items, lots of fossils.

I really need to change my strategy, and incorporate the Pick Axe...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I pick the mallet, close my eyes and hammer randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I pick the mallet, close my eyes and hammer randomly.
    ...And how well does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    ...And how well does that work?
    Surprisingly better than you would imagine.

I tend to use the hammer where there is a dark area surrounded by lighter, thinner rock to prevent the possibility of a solid rock underneath ruining my day. after I find something, I use the pickaxe and see if I can find the least amount of strikes to unearth it.
    My Team:

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast