Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double-Time Battle Training! (623)

Default Double-Time Battle Training! (623)

Double Battle! Mamoswine & Cyndaquil!

In the next town, Ash & Co. arrived just in time to see Zoey win a Pokémon Contest and gain her fifth ribbon. Meeting with the Snowpoint City Gym Leader, Candice, Dawn decides to start training her Pokémon for the next contest. In her training, she decides to have a double battle against her rival, Zoey. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

- The episode starts with Zoey having her contest battle & is in the final round against a trainer who is using a 'Shuckle' (Zoey is using her 'Glameow').
    - Candice is shown in the audience & is cheering for her & Ash and co arrive there & meet her.
    - Zoey wins her battle & wins the ribbon. Next they have a celebrating party during. At night Dawn is practicing for her appeals.
    - There is also an interview of Paul shown on TV it seems in front of a pokemon center or gym (can't really say) the next day (though i am not sure but it seems that he had won his 8th gym badge).
    - Then we have a the practice session of Dawn & her Team for the combination (with many failures initially before perfection).
    - There seems to be a short battle in which Zoey's Leafeon & Kirlia defeated Dawn's Mamoswine & Cyndaquil.
    - Jessie is shown to be observing all this things (while hiding).
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 10th December 2009 at 11:36 AM.

I think you have a mistake.. it's Zoey not Joey.
    And we know that Paul got his 8th badge.
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 10th December 2009 at 11:32 AM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

So Paul won his 8 badge.

That Gym is Canalave's. They ah, made him go out of order for no reason?

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I think you have a mistake.. it's Zoey not Joey.
    Thanks for pointing that out (i had a feeling that i was making a mistake there when i was posting it).
    And we know that Paul got his 8th badge.
    Wait, was it previously stated in some place that he had won his 8th badge because if its true i seemed to have missed it.

Also there goes my theory of a double battle for the 8th gym match between "Ash & Paul" Vs "Volkner & Flint".
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 10th December 2009 at 11:54 AM.

We don't know which gym it was. i guess this is Sunyshore's gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    We don't know which gym it was. i guess this is Sunyshore's gym.
    Why would Sunyshore's gym look exactly like Canalave's Gym?

When I saw the gym I was like "Wait isn't that Canalave's Gym, what's he doing there?" I guess he is doing the gyms in no particular order.

And we can also forget about Paul challenging Volkner or anything involving that either he did prior to this episode, or he challenged an anime only gym. Well there's hope for a Barry storyline,

Love Wobbuffet countering Yanmega's silver wind causing Team Rocket to blast off.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I got a real good look of the background, and really, it looks exactly like Canalave's Gym. Unless Sunyshore's coincidentally has a similar-looking front (which I doubt since all the Gyms look pretty distinct from one another).

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

Well, you are right. this is really looks like Canalave gym.
    So now both Zoey and Paul have 5 ribbons and 8 badges ha? Ash and Dawn really should get some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Also there goes my theory of a double battle for the 8th gym match between "Ash & Paul" Vs "Volkner & Flint".
    and so begins Ash & Gary vs. Volkner & Flint theory (i hope it isn't going to be Barry as much as I love him)

i am glad Zoey won her last ribbon.. i wouldn't want the writers doing anything crazy like showing Zoey and Dawn battle for their 5 ribbon in the last contest in Sinnoh.
    it also gives us more expectation for Dawn to win in the next contest right?
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Wow, haven't seen a Shuckle in ages.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

What did Paul say in the interview and did ash get fired up or anything. It makes more sense the writers seem to want to surprise Paul with gible. I hope if it is a double battle at sunnyshore its gary/ash now not barry. ( Just realized something didn't someone say paul was going to appear in the next few episodes from the clip show well he did today)
    Last edited by soccerstar19; 10th December 2009 at 4:29 PM.
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Wow, haven't seen a Shuckle in ages.
    Butch/Cassidy used a Shuckle in that one Sinnoh ep they appeared in.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Butch/Cassidy used a Shuckle in that one Sinnoh ep they appeared in.
    I was referring to myself since I actually don't regularly watch anymore, despite my commentaries.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Just watched the episode. It was alright. It was interesting to see Dawn experiment with her plush toy's Aka Piplup, Pachirisu, and Cyndaquil on who would perform with Mamoswine. Leafeon and Kirlia had A minute in the episode and defeated Mamoswine and Cyndaquil rather easily. Jessie loses another contest that Zoey win's. Mabye she should have James win her other two. Over all it was A decent training episode. Zoey and Paul both are finished with there badges and ribbons meaning Ash and Dawn must work harder. I do hope Dawn get's to have one more practice with Mamoswine and Cyndaquil because neither of them are ready for the next contest yet.

I liked what Pachirisu and Mamoswine did. That looked pretty cool. Maybe if she would incorporate some Sweet Kiss action (wow that all sounds loaded), it'll look good.

Anime-Leafeon looks terrible. No wonder they waited so long to debut it.

Oh yah, what makes Zoey so special that she gets to take the mike? What did she say to Candice? Sweet nothings?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

so... zoey has Leafeon & Kirlia???? UGGGGHHHHHH stupid but looks likea good one by the sounds of it..

So, Paul has 8 badges, but he got his 8th from Canalave? When did he go to Sunyshore?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

He probably did the opposite of the games for his last 3. Sunnyshore -> Snowpoint -> Canalave.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I wish Jessie won her 4th ribbon here, oh well.

I wonder why they're making such a big deal out of Zoey. She has about the same appearances as Paul does overall.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    So, Paul has 8 badges, but he got his 8th from Canalave? When did he go to Sunyshore?
    Maybe he went to anime-only gym location like Barry.

As for the episode:

I liked how Paul was revealed to have 8 badges. Isn't ironic that Dawn's main rival, Zoey, has all the ribbons to qualify for the Grand Festival and Dawn only has 4 and now with Ash, Paul has all 8 badges for the Sinnoh League whereas Ash only has 7? Too bad Dawn VS Zoey was short although now Dawn has a strategy she can work on. Maybe we'll see something like what Mamoswine and Cyndaquil when the Asatsuki Contest comes all though it would be better. Nice to see Candice appear as well! (I wonder what Paul said to Rhonda so I can't wait for this episode to be in English.)

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm curious on why Paul even let Rhonda interview him. Was it explained, by any chance?

I claimed Skarmory!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I

Anime-Leafeon looks terrible. No wonder they waited so long to debut it.
    I was thing the same thing. in some scenes a look a bit dried up to me, I think it looks better than glaeon in the games but in the anime theres no comparison. it gets the award for being the ugliest Eevolution
    Last edited by Devastator1; 11th December 2009 at 12:23 AM.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

Actually a pretty decent episode. Here's a few of my favorite parts:

-The battle with Zoey at the beginning was actually pretty cool. Shuckle, especially, was interesting to see in battle.

-Candice's appearance was pretty cool, actually. I like that we're seeing a Gym Leader appear more outside of her battle episodes, and that she's tied into Zoey's character a bit.

-The Paul cameo was appreciated, since we haven't seen him in months.

-Dawn's entire team was present, accounted for, and actually all got some decent training time.

-PIPLUP WAS FROZEN TODAY!

-Cyndaquil and Mamoswine's "Flame-Ice" combo actually looks pretty cool, can't wait to see it used in a Double Performance.

So yeah, I enjoyed this one. I was bothered by the fact that there wasn't much of a BATTLE between Dawn and Zoey, but Kirlia and Leafeon's appearances were decent enough. This pretty much just got my mouth watering to actually see these Pokemon in action, but seeing Dawn come up with an original strategy on screen again was a treat.
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3681-3604. Add me if you'd like, and send me a PM if you'd like to battle or trade. : )

Friend Safari Type: Electric. Contains Electrode, Electabuzz, and Luxio.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast