Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Double-Time Battle Training! (623)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I wish Jessie won her 4th ribbon here, oh well.

I wonder why they're making such a big deal out of Zoey. She has about the same appearances as Paul does overall.
    And you see how much they've made a big deal out of Paul.

Overall, loved the episode. I love Nozomi/Zoey, so to see her in a contest, and to see her with Kirlia and Lefeon, is just so damn epic!

Zoey is an awesome character, and she's definitely earned my respect, she's one of the only reasons I watch DP, and is my favorite rival of the saga.

To see Candice be her crazy, yet lovable self was awesome.

As for Dawn, it's still clear she has a lot of work to do, but that's what makes her character great, because the writers actually show her work hard, try, and improve. All of her Pokemon looked great.

Surprised Buneary and Mamoswine didn't get showcased together, being they both have some Ice History.

Prays Buneary gets used soon, or at least gets an episode.

IDK, what people are talking about as far as Lefeon's design being off, I think because Zoey has it, and if Zoey gets a Gallade, people will probably be upset that Paul doesn't have one.

Zoey must have pulled a Drew, because she said that it was Kirlia and Lefeon's debut for the Grand Festival, and they must be pretty strong to have taken out Mamoswine and Cyndaquil so quickly.

Paul's appearance was nice, it really foreshadows Ash and Dawn stepping up their game for the last stretch.

Seeing every member of Dawn's team, I'm very curious to know how they all will work together, and begin to flow like the ocean.

This episode also raised the bar, showing more respect for Jessie. She really has passion for this, and if she doesn't make the Grand Festival, I'll be devasted.

I'm not that fond of understanding Japanese. However, this episode marks the 4th time I've heard Dawn and Zoey say that they'll meet in the finals of some sort, and this time, they mentioned the Grand Festival.

If Dawn and Zoey are the Final 2, it definitely is unpredictable, and a full turn around from May's past Grand Festivals.

Besides, Nando isn't all that great, and if he isn't epic the next time we see him, then he really shouldn't have the Grand Festival or League title.

I also loved how Dawn used the wonderful Fire and Ice combo with inspiration for the food Candice introduced. Classic

10/10

have to admit i wasn't interested in this at all beofre it aired but it was a good episode for all my misgivinings.

This episode was indeed better than I thought.

I just love Candice. The way she hugged Dawn in the stands just cause her BFF Zoey won the contest was great.

Its nice to see the writers promote lesbian relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This episode was indeed better than I thought.

I just love Candice. The way she hugged Dawn in the stands just cause her BFF Zoey won the contest was great.

Its nice to see the writers promote lesbian relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.
    Or they could just have a friendly relationship.

Who knew food could help creat a contest combo?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

dawn should train more with these combination attack

electric crystal [pachirisu and mamoswine]
    and flame ice [cyndaquil and mamoswine]

as for her piplup...probarly will do the ice pool
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

I rewatched this episode this morning and the more I watch the more I seem to enjoy it. It's nice Dawn and her Pokemon team get these little training episode's. I also like how Dawn is a slow learner and that she must take her time to get the hang of thing's. Her development make's up for her lack of a nasty rival.

probarly dawn only used mamoswine cyndaqull and pachirisu in next contest as for piplup and mamoswine combination attack about ice shard and whirlpool as the ice pool
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Paul got his 8th badge !!!
    wow I dint even know Ash did yet.

My Pokemon team !
    "As a grunt I only serve cyrus "!
    Like spider riders ?
    http://s10.zetaboards.com/Mantids_Fortress/index/
    Join the fourm !

Ash didn't get his 8th badge yet. That should be coming probably in february or march.
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Or they could just have a friendly relationship.
    I think it was very purposely established that Candice and Zoey are more than just "good friends." People pegged Zoey as a lesbian right from her debut episode, but now with all this Candice stuff, it confirms it for me.

I don't know, I tend to agree with what Dogasu said on Bulbagarden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu on Bulbagarden
    Nozomi and Suzuna are not lesbians.

I can kind of see why people *might* think that. By Western standards, the two do seem to act a lot...closer than regular old friends do.

But in Japan, that kind of thing is very normal. I often see little elementary school / junior high school girls holding hands with each other as they walk down the hall. Both girls and boys sit on each other's laps in between classes. Boys also give each other back massages.

This all pretty much stops by the time kids reach high school. But during elementary school and junior high school, it's quite normal. And nobody accuses these kids for being teh gei.

Nozomi and Suzuna are just acting like typical Japanese girls. It's a cultural difference that gets lost in translation.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I was expecting an epic battle between Dawn and Zoey in this episode.
    I was hoping to see a combination attack between Mamoswine and one of Dawn's other Pokemon (which I kind of got).

Instead, the battle was only a few minutes long, most of it was Cyndaquil and Mamo finding their groove, and the only part that resembled a battle was Kirlia and Leafeon knocking out the two in one hit.

Seriously! Halfway through the episode, I wasn't expecting too much, but surely it could've been better than that! Three minutes? One hit?!

Sorry, but they really could've done a much better job with the battle. Then again, this was meant to help Mamo find its groove in doubles contests, so I could see what they were getting at.

Overall, while this episode wasn't very good, it wasn't all that horrible, either.

After seeing this episode it makes me wonder why didn't dawn enter this contest or hear about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    There isn't one in the intro because they want to surprise us. They're thinking "OK guys, what do the fans who watch Pokemon want MOST of all from the upcoming League?"

The answer, of course, is a generic League Rival introduced JUST before the tournament that will somehow steal the spotlight from Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway!

However they can't reveal it just yet. They want us to let our guards down. They want us to think they've changed by introducing four trainers that would eventually go on to face Ash in the League as opposed to Last Second Rival-son.

I won't rest though. I'll be waiting, and if he does appear, which he will I'll be ready to jump out and punch him in the face.

- Oh look another contest zzzzzz OMG ITS SUZUNA!!!
    - It's the return of Suzumi - the hot lesbian fusion of Suzuna and Nozomi! (stop ruining our fun, Dogasu )
    - Candice: "OMG I love you Hikari!" Dawn: "Don't you already have a lover?" Candice: "Oh yeah, huh?"
    - Nice shot of Candice's skirt and nothing but, animators.
    - Piplup's booster seat is a hysterical touch. Now, as to why it doesn't have to eat on the ground like other Pokemon, I have no idea.
    - Dawn practices lame ice appeals that we've all seen before but still always pass the appeals round.
    - Shinji on TV! And in Sinnoh Now HD, which really highlights his eyebrows!
    - Candice summons Eddie the Mean Ol' Yeti and the duo engages in their mating dance.
    - Loved Piplups' "Charlie Brown" expression when Dawn called on all her other Pokemon instead.
    - Leafeon really isn't any uglier than its Sugimori image, which was never that elegant to begin with.
    - That was the funniest use of Wobbuffet in years.

Good training episode, although Suzuna was clearly the reason I paid admission price. I'd imagine we'll have a series of sub-plots that involve perfecting this new attack/appeal before the final contest.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

It was great. I liked the fact that we got a Contest at the beginning of the episode as opposed to the end of one.

I liked that Paul was in Canalave City (apparently) and I loved the Fire/Ice combo going on with Cyndaquil and Mamoswine.

A 9/10

Was the dawnVS zoey battle long or short like other battels?
    hunting Everybody a Serebii forum Shiny Hunt at Celestial Tower and other routes which will be taking place on Friday 22nd of April 2011 until Sunday 24th of April 2011, this will be your chance to RE a shiny Pokemon along with everybody else here.

Copy this in your sig and spread the word! Started By Haunter227

I have to say i enjoyed this episode throughly....one of the best in quite a while

The fact that Zoey and Paul were revealed to get their 5th ribbon and 8th badge respectively was something spectacular....i loved the kirlia and leafeon bit as well

Great to see all of Dawns pokemon as well

And as for wobbufett and is that mirror coat again....priceles....looks jessilina might be dawns rival for the 5th contest too

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by pokezack101 View Post
    Was the dawnVS zoey battle long or short like other battels?
    It was super short.

Kirlia and Glaceon took out both Cyndaquil and Mamoswine with Magical Leaf and Psychic.

My only complaints:

- Mamoswine and Cyndaquil being KOed by one attack? Isn't this the same Cyndaquil that took like 5 super effective hits from a Croconaw?

- Zoey won here 5th ribbon with Glameow, again. Couldn't Kirlia, Leafeon, Misdrevus, Finneon, or Gastrodon have just as easily taken it's place? That magazine scan spoiled Shellos's evolution so I was expecting Gastrodon to win the contest.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I didn't like the fact that Mamoswine and Cyndaquil got knocked out easily either.

It was terrible to watch them (at least Mamoswine) getting beaten by Kirlia and Leafeon.

Another post for the "reviewing/commenting on an episode almost a week late" pile!

-Shuckle! Pity this isn't going to be as zany of an ep as the only Shuckle episode ever back in Johto.
    -Oh hey, Zoey's doing things.
    -Dawn is apparently angry that they're late getting into the audience.
    -CANDICE FROM NOWHERE. Quick, shove S.Suikun back into his Candice Decontamination Room! (aka "the basement closet")
    -Pretty Princess seems confident that her Shuckle's going to win. BUT SHE IS GOING TO BE WRONG.
    -I distinctly remember Shadow Claw not turning into a projectile attack in the past. Oh well, moves are never consistant in this show.
    -And so, Zoey wins a ribbon in her blue terrible outfit. it's so baggy for an anime outfit
    -Zoey makes a thank-you speak for Candice. Aww.
    -Dawn asks the perfectly valid question of "is it really alright for you not to be at Snowpoint gym, Candice?" (at least she's asking something with the words "Candice", "Snowpoint gym", and "alright" in it. Hell if I know that much Japanese, but I can fill in the blanks, dammit!) Candice seems to think it's fine, but something about her responce surprises Our Heroes.
    -Why yes Candice, victory parties are ALWAYS a good idea! Especially when they start off with CGI party poppers!
    -Everyone is going to leave this party with diabetes.
    -OH GOD ASH IS DYING
    -Or maybe he just burnt his tongue.
    -Apparently pastries with a super hot filling are a Snowpoint specialty.
    -Ash either ate so much that his stomach got bigger or else he's pregnant. I'm leaning towards the male pregnancy option, because that makes more sense than Ash being a glutton.
    -Zoey goes into the guys' room. Where the hell is Dawn?
    -Zoey has the same question I do!
    -Oh, she's training. Of course.
    -Aw, Buneary and Pachirisu think they'll get to do something for a change. How adorable.
    -PAUL IS ON TV! And his interviewer said something about the Shinou League!
    -Cyndaquil looks so goddamned out of place in Dawn's team. It's so...Johto. When everything else isn't.
    -Candice still doesn't care that she abandoned her gym. She's too busy being excited by Dawn and Zoey's rivalry!
    -Haha, Piplup got frozen solid by Mamoswine.
    -Oh god, they're going to use Cyndaquil because its back fire means it won't get frozen by Mamoswine, aren't they?
    -Candice, despite not being related to contests in any form other than her friendship with Zoey, is really effing good at this "appeals" thing.
    -You know, I like Piplup, no matter what all of SPPf seems to think of it Mostly when the writers remember to let its proud side show, since that's always hilarious. It's so angry that Dawn's not giving it a chance in her practice appeal with Mamoswine!
    -Dawn starts by imitating Candice's appeal, but makes it cooler by adding LIGHTNING! Too bad Pachirisu is too much of a pansy to go through with the rest of the appeal.
    -And now Pachirisu got crushed under a bunch of ice. Yay!
    -Cyndaquil is PSYCHED to do something for the first time since it was caught way back in September!
    -Dawn doubts that Cyndaquil would be useful in combination with an Ice type because...they're DIFFERENT, dammit!
    -Hey, remember the stupid cold-on-the-outside, hot-on-the-inside pastry we wasted 3 minutes on near the beginning of the ep? Yep, Dawn got an idea from that. And from Zoey combining Ground and Electric attacks at some earlier ep.
    -Zoey gets challenged to a double battle!
    -Zoey sends out Leafeon(great, another goddamned why-do-we-keep-getting-these-things, they're-not-original-at-all, I-hate-everyone-who-wants-even-MORE-of-them, Eevee evo. Just what the doctor ordered to get me to take those 4 bottles of sleeping pills.) and Kirlia(awesome, a Pokemon we've barely seen until now!)
    -Cyndaquil does a flame wheel within the Ring of Icy Death that Mamoswine creates, which makes it steam, and then...rain! I'm loving all the cartoony "oh god what have I gotten myself into" expressions in this episode, by the way.
    -Dawn decides to get past this problem by thinking REALLY HARD about hot-on-the-inside pastries(not THAT way, you sick, sick, sick pervert!)
    -I'll admit it, seeing a small anteater spinning in place, on fire, in the middle of a block of ice is really cool.
    -Wait, that's not just a block of ice. IT'S AN ICE TANK.
    -Until Cyndaquil breaks it.
    -Zoey is bored of Dawn's failure, and ARs the anime to OHKO both of Dawn's Pokemon.
    -Jessie is really happy about all that for some reason.
    -Well, having Wobbuffet bounce off Yanmega's Razor Wind was a good idea in theory...
    -And the ep ends with everyone being really pumped up(Dawn about winning her ribbon, Ash about...his next badge, I guess?, and Candice about rivalries)

Only one question remains after all this. Did Candice ever bother to go back to the gym she carelessly abandoned? (on the bright side, this explains any time Ash got to a Gym and the Leader wasn't there. They were off on the other side of the continent watching a friend do something and not giving a crap about the gym.)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Omg I really do hope the dawn masters the double combination as it would help so much

.... leafeon and kirilia <3

Gardevoir i hope -.- hate gallade
    we shall wait and see

<--- Best starters <3

Kunoz <3

-Is it just me or is Ash & Dawn starting to argue a little more often now?
    -How random that Candice appears!
    -Zoey wins her 5th ribbon!
    -Hey this is the 2nd contest we know off that Dawn hasn't competed in!
    -Nice to see that Ash isn't taking Gliscor's departure too hard.
    -Mamoswine and Cyndaquil did ok.
    -That's all I guess.
    -Oh wait there's goes Jessie feeling inspired.
    -Yanmega uses Silver Wind and Wobbufet uses Mirror Coat and they end up blasting off again.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

This was a great episode. Flame-Ice is a great and interesting combination. I was hoping for Pachirisu & Mamoswine to be used, but one day they will be used together....... My only complaint is Brusslesprout Town. Like, really? Daybreak Town is better since in Japan that contest is Asatsuki Town(like Akatsuki from Naruto) and Akatsuki means Dawn or Daybreak. Dawn is the main girl entering the Daybreak Town to hopefully get her fifth Sinnoh Ribbon.
    9/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast