Thread: Anime based theme team. Wonder whose team this could be?

Default Anime based theme team. Wonder whose team this could be?

Ok, hands up, who saw this coming? Seriously. I wanted to see if Ash's team members could be put together into a decent team. It wasn't easy, but there are several decent candidates, and the team has been put together.

At A Glance:

~~~~~~~

Glalie@Leftovers
    Bold
    Ev's:252Hp/84Def/172Sp.Def
    ~Inner Focus~
    -Spikes
    -Light Screen
    -Ice Beam
    -HP Ground

Glalie leads the charge. Spikes is setup, Light Screen is to buy Glalie some time to set up the Spikes, Ice Beam for STAB, and HP Ground for coverage. Ev's maximize defenses.

Sceptile@Choice Specs
    Timid
    Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Spe/4Hp
    ~Overgrow~
    -Leaf Storm
    -Energy Ball
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP Fighting

SpecsTile. He's an excellent revenge killer, so why not? Leaf Storm for massive damage, Energy Ball for a regular STAB, Dragon Pulse for coverage, and HP Fighting to prevent him from being walled by Steel types.

Charizard@Scalac Berry
    Jolly
    Ev's:252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
    ~Blaze~
    -Fire Punch
    -Substitute
    -Belly Drum
    -EQ/Dragon Claw/Focus Punch

BellyZard. The most powerful Pokemon on Ash's team is the strongest on this team as well. The standard BellyZard usually runs EQ, but I'm debating wether or not to change that to Dragon Claw or Focus Punch. Thoughts?

Donphan@Leftovers
    Impish
    Ev's:252Hp/188Atk/68Def
    ~Sturdy~
    -Rapid Spin
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Knock Off/Fire Fang

Originally, he was supposed to be Gliscor, but I realized just how badly this team needed Rapid Spin support when I put BellyZard on the team. Fortunately for me, Ash's baby Phanphy evolved during the Kanto Battle Frontier, so he's now got a powerful Rapid Spinner available to him. Ice Shard for picking off stuff that's weakened, EQ for STAB, and Knock Off for Support. I'm also considering Fire Fang to hit the Steel Types who resist EQ, but it's not a likely choice.

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Careful
    Ev's:168Hp/120Def/220Sp.Def
    ~Thick Fat~
    -Sleep Talk
    -Body Slam
    -Rest
    -Earthquake

RestTalkLax. This guy was supposed to be CBTauros, but I needed more defense on my team. He's standard as hell, just like the rest of this team. Body Slam over Return b/c the paralysis chance is more important without Curse to boost his Attack.

And finally...

Pikachu@Light Ball
    Naive
    Ev's:116Atk/140Sp.Atk/252Spe
    ~Static~
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Grass Knot
    -Brick Break

What else did you expect? What would an Ash based team be without Pikachu? Light Ball Pika, standard mixed sweeping set.

Last Look:

~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Eon Master; 12th December 2009 at 8:02 PM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post

Ok, hands up, who saw this coming? Seriously. I wanted to see if Ash's team members could be put together into a decent team. It wasn't easy, but there are several decent candidates, and the team has been put together.

At A Glance:

~~~~~~~

Glalie@Leftovers
    Bold
    ~Inner Focus~
    -Spikes
    -Light Screen
    -Ice Beam
    -HP Ground

Glalie leads the charge. Spikes is setup, Light Screen is to buy Glalie some time to set up the Spikes, Ice Beam for STAB, and HP Ground for coverage. Ev's maximize defenses.

Looks cool. If you're really bulky, Blizzard may be better. Also consider Icy Wind and a few SpA EVs for the heck of it. But I suck, my suggestions aren't that good.

Sceptile@Choice Specs
    Timid
    ~Overgrow~
    -Leaf Storm
    -Energy Ball
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP Fighting/Focus Blast

SpecsTile. He's an excellent revenge killer, so why not? Leaf Storm for massive damage, Energy Ball for a regular STAB, Dragon Pulse for coverage, and HP Fighting to prevent him from being walled by Steel types.

Maybe I'd go standard, y'know? I think it'd work better.

Charizard@Salac Berry Bad spelling.
    Jolly
    ~Blaze~
    -Fire Punch
    -Substitute
    -Belly Drum
    -EQ/Dragon Claw/Focus Punch

BellyZard. The most powerful Pokemon on Ash's team is the strongest on this team as well. The standard BellyZard usually runs EQ, but I'm debating wether or not to change that to Dragon Claw or Focus Punch. Thoughts?

Keep it standard, it should work, it counters Electrics so you don't die. Also, you may need some defensive EVs if Sub breaks and you then use Belly Drum. If you screw, bye...

Donphan@Leftovers
    Impish
    ~Sturdy~
    -Rapid Spin
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Knock Off/Fire Fang

Originally, he was supposed to be Gliscor, but I realized just how badly this team needed Rapid Spin support when I put BellyZard on the team. Fortunately for me, Ash's baby Phanphy evolved during the Kanto Battle Frontier, so he's now got a powerful Rapid Spinner available to him. Ice Shard for picking off stuff that's weakened, EQ for STAB, and Knock Off for Support. I'm also considering Fire Fang to hit the Steel Types who resist EQ, but it's not a likely choice.

Keep it. Anyway, you added overdone HP. You meant Defense.

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Careful
    ~Thick Fat~
    -Sleep Talk
    -Body Slam
    -Rest
    -Earthquake

RestTalkLax. This guy was supposed to be CBTauros, but I needed more defense on my team. He's standard as hell, just like the rest of this team. Body Slam over Return b/c the paralysis chance is more important without Curse to boost his Attack.

Add Curse, then. But you choose, I guess this guy gives status, but Fighting types CAN still rip the team, also maybe Attack EVs.

And finally...

Pikachu@Light Ball
    Naive
    ~Static~
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Grass Knot
    -Brick Break

What else did you expect? What would an Ash based team be without Pikachu? Light Ball Pika, standard mixed sweeping set.

I'd like HP Fighting, but... pah. Typical. Can Pikachu get Ice Punch?

Last Look:

~~~~~~~
    I hope I did well...
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Terry T.
    Keep it standard, it should work, it counters Electrics so you don't die. Also, you may need some defensive EVs if Sub breaks and you then use Belly Drum. If you screw, bye...
    Hmmm... Not so sure about that one. And Bellyzard doesn't use defense. It's an all or nothing type Sweeper, he takes out his opponents or dies trying.

Keep it. Anyway, you added overdone HP. You meant Defense.
    Whoops.

Add Curse, then. But you choose, I guess this guy gives status, but Fighting types CAN still rip the team, also maybe Attack EVs.
    Why add Curse? CroLax isn't worth it, not in the least. This is the standard RestTalker, and it works well. Also, Fighting types aren't really a big problem for this team.

I'd like HP Fighting, but... pah. Typical. Can Pikachu get Ice Punch?
    HP Ice is for coverage against Ground Types and a psuedo Bolt-Beam. And no, Pikachu can't learn Ice Punch.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Hmmm... Not so sure about that one. And Bellyzard doesn't use defense. It's an all or nothing type Sweeper, he takes out his opponents or dies trying.

Whoops.

Why add Curse? CroLax isn't worth it, not in the least. This is the standard RestTalker, and it works well. Also, Fighting types aren't really a big problem for this team.

HP Ice is for coverage against Ground Types and a psuedo Bolt-Beam. And no, Pikachu can't learn Ice Punch.
    Thanks for cleaning it up.
    So... I guess you may want another Spinner Ash has... okay, I think Gliscor. Not too sure, I guess a lot. =(
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

^That's the last thing I need. And since when can Gliscor learn Rapid Spin?

I'd go with Dragon Claw for 'Zard, it gets
    good neutral coverage, and Fire Punch
    already covers steel types. You could
    also consider Seed Bomb on Donphan
    if you have trouble with bulky water
    types switching in. Sorry for the short
    rate.

^Click it!^

The funny thing is, I own all these Pokemon, lol. I'll edit this in a minute after i check it out.

EDIT: Okay, here goes. But note one thing. I don't know what it means when you post something like this; Ev's:252Hp/84Def/172Sp.Def I have no Idea what this is for

Ok, hands up, who saw this coming? Seriously. I wanted to see if Ash's team members could be put together into a decent team. It wasn't easy, but there are several decent candidates, and the team has been put together. *raises hand*

At A Glance:

~~~~~~~

Glalie@Leftovers
    Bold
    ~Inner Focus~
    -Spikes
    -Light Screen
    -Ice Beam
    -HP Ground

Seems fine to me.

Sceptile@Choice Specs
    Adamnt/Jolly/Naughty
    ~Overgrow~
    -Leaf Blade
    -Swords Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake

SD Sceptile is my answer for every Sceptile.

Charizard@Scalac Berry
    Jolly
    ~Blaze~
    -Fire Punch
    -Substitute
    -Belly Drum
    -EQ

Lol that's my exact same Shoddy Charizard. But I'd go with EQ.

Donphan@Leftovers
    Impish
    ~Sturdy~
    -Rapid Spin
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Knock Off/Fire Fang
    Meh, it's fine.

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Careful
    ~Thick Fat~
    -Sleep Talk
    -Body Slam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Fire Blast
    -Rest
    -Earthquake/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Fire Blast

Just for if you want some type coverage.
    And finally...

Pikachu@Light Ball/Leftovers/Muscle Band
    Naive/Jolly/Naught/Adamant/Brave
    ~Static~
    -Thunderbolt/Volt Tackle
    -HP Ice
    -Grass Knot/Brick Break
    -Brick Break/Volt Tackle

You could go with a more powerful Volt Tackle. STAB+Leftovers/Muscle Band=Badass Pika. : Pika-chu!~
    Last Look:

~~~~~~~
    It's a good team, so there wasn't much for me to rate.
    Last edited by Dan The Poke Man; 13th December 2009 at 3:09 AM.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

^
    Why Brave on Pika? Lonely is better for a Mixed one IMO.
    - Brave lowers its Speed, one of its main asset.
    - Its Defense is already low enough anyway.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

^Also, Light Ball Pika needs the extra speed that Hasty brings.

^That's the last thing I need. And since when can Gliscor learn Rapid Spin?
    Random guess.

Dan, Careful is -SpA.
    And Shine told me I will improve, as poke_noob has, you said it.

Tumblr

I have no doubt you can improve, you just need to be a little more patient. It took me some three or four solid months to improve (after two months of pulling my head out of my ass and listening to people). It won't happen overnight, but you can get there.