Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF tricks and tips

Default BF tricks and tips-For beginners

*SHINY TRAINER LET ME*

*THERE IS BETTER*

So, I'll present tips and tricks for the BT here.

~Threats~
    A lot of threats roam the BF. The ones I struggle with are (with counters) are:
    Magnezone-Garchomp with Earthquake
    Garchomp-Kingdra with Draco Meteor/Ice Beam tank Blissey
    Lairon/Aggron-Stalling back with Blissey/Earth Power Tanked Heatran
    Ninjask-Ninjask with Toxic and Aerial Ace
    Flygon-A speedy staller, preferably an Ice Beam Blissey that knows Toxic, or like countering Garchomp, a Draco Meteor Kingdra

~Good Items~
    There are a few decent items you can use, notably these (if you can use them right, I've included the best ways to use them)
    Life Orb-Good for the annoying Pokémon, as well as using it with Toxic/Will-O-Wisp in Double Battles to beat up all Sashers (yes, all of them pretty much)
    Flame Orb-You can use this to either Psycho Shift burns onto enemies, only the fact that when used with Guts, your Attack is still down a stage, but you still get the Facade boost.
    Toxic Orb-Like Flame Orb, but better for competitive really, as you can deal more Facade damage with Guts and all, and Jirachi (in competitive) can Trick and not be Poisoned if something goes wrong.
    Choice Items-Not much to say. Only if you need to hurt your opponent bad, use them. If you have a need for speed, use a Scarf. If you love power, Choice Band for Physical, Choice Specs for Special, Scarf for tricking/speed (as above)
    Leftovers-Use for tank support.
    Plates-If you're using a set such as:

Electivire@Zap Plate
    Rain Dance
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder
    Thunder Wave
    As you can see, the set runs on Thunderbolt and Thunder. This is more of a Tank-Vire in a way, so no Life Orb, Choice Items ruin you, Damp Rock may be useful, but this shows how useful Plates can be, so it's just an example, you get it?
    Muscle Band/Wise Glasses-If you want a Life Orb for 1 category, use these. The Muscle Band increases Physical power, the Wise Glasses for special. The catch is that you don't lose HP, these items are really useful.

~Trick Room~
    Trick Room, a move to make slow Pokémon go super-speed, and fast Pokémon slower than that PMD2 team of Slowpoke and Slakoth (credit to who can tell me their team name, I think it's Team Slacker)
    Basically, don't add Weavile in here, as poke_noob already said to use Weavile over Umbreon in a Trick Room team, he did something wrong. Anyway, Ninjask (the fastest Pokémon in the BF) will be slowest, so you want Pokémon like:
    Torkoal
    Snorlax
    Umbreon
    Dragonite (kinda)
    And many more...

And also with that, you need at least 2 Pokémon with TR, the best are:
    Slowbro
    Slowking
    Claydol
    Bronzong

This is the average TR set (with a little strength) for Slowbro to end this post:

Slowbro@Wise Glasses
    Surf
    Trick Room
    Thunder Wave
    Protect
    Not too average, not too shabby. That will do when you add custom EVs and all.

So, I hope this gets stickied, peace out.
    ~Terry
    Last edited by Terry. T.; 12th December 2009 at 8:30 PM.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Wow, best guide for the Battle Frontier anywhere. You've changed my perspective on Pokemon entirely. You are a GOD.

Seriously, A: this guide is bad and B: it's unneeded with all the other guides already around. Seriously, Terry, you're a brilliant troll, but a really bad guide writer.

ungulateman
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

-I tried to show how the BF works, and this cleans up all Vappy didn't.
    -I'm in Extension for English.
    -Year 7. EPIC.
    -Cyberbullying is illegal. Why do you think jails are getting crowded? 'Cos of people like you.
    -Shiny trainer, as I said earlier, let me. She'll infract you if you troll. I ain't.
    -Again, this shows how you can skill.
    -I'm ill, so I'm bad tempered. UGH.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

I'm sorry Terry, but I totally agree with Ungulate. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. That Electivire is completely horrible, you have no EVs, and you obviously don't know what a counter is.

Kingdra is not a Garchomp counter!

With all due respect, Terry, I think you ought to leave stuff like this up to the more experienced players. Like you said, you're young (your profile says 11, and you said year 7, so I'm guessing that's about right), and probably haven't been around Pokemon as long as we have.

For one thing, those threats you listed may be threats to YOUR team, but not necessarily to other people's teams. For example, a hearty Bullet Punch from my Scizor one-shots all of them except Magnezone.

I'm actually glad you posted something about items, which I forgot to do in my guide, but your descriptions are a little insufficient. And there are more items to be considered, as well as better ways to explain their uses.

And including a list of Pokemon that learn Trick Room is... I don't know, random. I don't see how that really matters unless you're making a Trick Room guide, which this isn't :-/
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

From what I see, I used that Electivire to demonstrate the Zap Plate, it's a set I stole from PBR in a battle. Otherwise I'd use Cress for that, its bulk makes it crave power (kinda) and when I use Kingdra, one Draco Meteor=Death.

Flaaffy-Yes, it can be seen in the late BT. Ampy said on his wall (I think) that Flaaffy's the most common Pokémon in the BT.

And they were my threats, I share.
    Get it?

Tumblr

I saw on youtube a video that has

On the final boss use
    Snorlax-explosion
    salamence

Metagross-explosion
    Dusknoir
    Recent Shiny
    Shinies Lost:2
    3ds Friend Code: 3024-6649-7407 PM me for Other Safaris!
    Safari Type:Psychic
    Espurr, Grumpig, Duosion

Quote Originally Posted by Gligari View Post
    I saw on youtube a video that has

On the final boss use
    Snorlax-explosion
    salamence

Metagross-explosion
    Dusknoir
    You hack, right? Snorlax gets SelfDestruct, not Explosion. You wish...
    No, that didn't help. Lurk more.

Tumblr

^That's what you need to do. Lurk. It's threads like this that show you understand next to nothing about the BT. Just stop already, for the sake of everyone's sanity.
    "Archer, you've decided? You'll really kill him, no matter what?"
    "Go on, escape from here. I'm not going to allow you to cry anymore."

the only good thing here is this:
    items as V4E left them out but he rest isnt that good.
    no offence and i know im not brilliant either but i think im better than you with making and rating teams
    yes yes y'all im back from my CoD MW2 addiction

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmasta View Post
    the only good thing here is this:
    items as V4E left them out but he rest isnt that good.
    no offence and i know im not brilliant either but i think im better than you with making and rating teams
    Yeah, agreed. But my rates are improving.
    And Eon Master, I will stay. No use persuading me, I bet you and co. have been infracted AT LEAST 3 times because of me (I am positive Ampy has)

Tumblr

^Oh joy *sarcasm*
    And I've never been infracted because of you. You know why? It's because the mods don't like you any better than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    ^Oh joy *sarcasm*
    And I've never been infracted because of you. You know why? It's because the mods don't like you any better than we do.
    Still, the mods do. *points to Shiny Trainer's profile*
    She let me pull this stunt, and SapphireL, don't know her really.

Tumblr

^Shine is a guy. He's not happy with you, and Lydia isn't either. That's the reason why none of us have been infracted. No one has.

^Shine is a guy. He's not happy with you, and Lydia isn't either. That's the reason why none of us have been infracted. No one has.
    Right...
    Anyway, Shine said to make the thread and when he gets here, he has a good chance of sticking it as it has helped, I've seen loads of guests come here, then PM me on YouTube saying it's a good guide, I now have 83 subscribers, at least 15 to this guide. Epic...

Tumblr

Right... I totally believe every word you say *sarcasm*
    Terry, shut up. You are quite possibly the worst trainer I've ever seen, and that's saying quite a lot.

Right... I totally believe every word you say *sarcasm*
    Terry, shut up. You are quite possibly the worst trainer I've ever seen, and that's saying quite a lot.
    Yeah, that's why most people hated poke_noob, anyway, go look at some ofd my shoddy battles, I have won a few...

Tumblr

He doesn't even count. Poke_noob was so stupid I'm questioning wether he had a mental retardation problem. You are nearly as bad as he was.
    Also, winning a few shoddy battles isn't an accomplishment. If you had any kind of reasonable Shoddy streak, I'd believe you.

He doesn't even count. Poke_noob was so stupid I'm questioning wether he had a mental retardation problem. You are nearly as bad as he was.
    Also, winning a few shoddy battles isn't an accomplishment. If you had any kind of reasonable Shoddy streak, I'd believe you.
    My win streak is 3:1, my best streak is 5, I've done about 40 battles.
    If I can beat at least 3 Pokémon in OU Shoddy against you, you'll believe me, right? You're so good at rating, you'll thrash me.

Tumblr

^Sorry, I only play UU matches. OU is overpopulated with people who have no clue what they're doing. If you have a UU Team, we'll battle.

^Sorry, I only play UU matches. OU is overpopulated with people who have no clue what they're doing. If you have a UU Team, we'll battle.
    Well, the problem with that is I do use creativity in OU, so I did this. That brings me to my UU team-Standard, I was impatient...

Anyway, one damn good anti-lead:
    Aerodactyl@Choice Band
    Adamant/Jolly
    252 ATK/252 Spd, 6 HP
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    That works wonders to OHKO Uxie, it does have a chance.

Tumblr

*facepalm* You're showing me that you're one of the idiots that overpopulates OU. That's not an Anti-Lead. It's overspecific and it doesn't have any way to deal with Trick Users that are extremely common in UU. Clefable is a perfect example of a Pokemon that would bring your Aerodactyl to its knees.

Terry-T, stop trying, because you're losing, and quite frankly, annoying the sh*t out of all of us, even moreso than my excessive use of commas is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest is great View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'm going to go put Trick Room on all my teams to counter Ninjask better.

I got VMed by the OP asking me to tell you all that he is a good rater, even though I am a CRMT person.

Ingame is like the stepping stones for CRMT in my opinion and some of the noobs stoop even lower than CRMT noobs as a result. You need to lurk and learn more Terry T, but Im sure you can get better.

*facepalm* You're showing me that you're one of the idiots that overpopulates OU. That's not an Anti-Lead. It's overspecific and it doesn't have any way to deal with Trick Users that are extremely common in UU. Clefable is a perfect example of a Pokemon that would bring your Aerodactyl to its knees.
    Oh, I don't mind trickers. Once, I got outsped by a TrickScarfer, I hold CB, so I could outspeed the opponent and kill it with another Stone Edge. Result~
    So, it:
    Kills of enemies
    Ruins trickers
    Outspeeds lots

So, I only do OU, but I have done UU and Random.

Tumblr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast