Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charizard Ground Immunity - Why overlooked?

There's way more to pokemon than simply numbers of resistances/weaknesses. You can't judge a pokemon simply by that. Sableye, for example, has awful stats, and won't be seen in serious high-end competitive play, despite having NO weaknesses and several immunities. Also, regarding tiers, that's just a system, that is used to allow people to play with their favourite pokemon, and not get thrashed by pokemon from higher tiers. It's not bias, it's constructed by playtesting, and most importantly, tiers are *NOT* forced on you, except for Nintendo's Uber tier when doing certain things like Battle Frontier (TBH, I prefer Smogon's Uber tier, it makes more sense, Celebi being uber and Garchomp not in Nintendo's uber list? I don't think so). I will say Charizard is easily one of my favourite fire-type pokemon, in case you think I'm being biased. Finally, 109 for a stat is high, but not THAT high.
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

Just accept the fact that zard is not good in OU

Quote Originally Posted by Andros 1337 View Post
    You mean irrationally and unethically, right?
    lol! I'm sorry but that has to be the funniest thing I've read in the general pokemon discussion board. I love Charizard just as much as you do and I don't use or understand Smogon tiers but it's true. It does have its weaknesses. It's not unethical or irrational to admit that but it is irrational and unethical to put someone who doesn't agree with you about a video game character in jail.

I really should sue you for libel IMO. Anyone who thinks that should be imprisoned for life. We will see what God will have to say about this.
    You mean irrationally and unethically, right?
    I'm presuming this is tongue-in-cheek? I hope so...

Either way, there's nothing I can say that others haven't already. If you have a Charizard that works, then use it. No one's stopping you, and let's face it, the worst thing that can happen is you lose to a Smogon-approved OU team with it. Hell, you might win, and that'd surely feel good. If you don't think tiers should be taken seriously, you don't need to take them seriously. They have their purpose in making sure that battlers don't have to deal with a Darkrai at every corner, and they serve it well. No one's forcing you to use OU standards over Charizard.

Because Charizard is only used by small children and NU/UU players.

Quote Originally Posted by BynineB View Post
    Because Charizard is only used by small children and NU/UU players.
    This, along with pretty much everything else that has been said.

I love Charizard myself because he's basically a freaking fire breathing dragon. But looks don't mean a damn thing in competitive battling. I would NEVER use charizard unless I was playing NU. He's actually rather pitiful stat-wise.
    Not currently accepting challenges for Pokemon since I'm making a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfrog View Post
    Tiers are a fan creation. Personally I think that fans take too much power into their own hands by determining which Pokemon should and should not be used in battles against each other. However, the tier system is too popular to overthrow.
    It's impossible to take too much "power" and it be a fan creation. Don't like it? Ignore it. Smogon's tiers are enforced in one place and one place only.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Trainer View Post
    You know... I don't think God cares that much about Charizard, otherwise he wouldn't make him NU don't you think?

Alright I'll stop mocking you, but really your question has been answered. Stealth Rock does 50% to Charizard and Fire isn't the greatest of all types. You're free to use Charizard as much as you want, you are NOT forced to use tiers.

I don't see why if Smogon isn't forcing you to use their tiers you're trying to force them to change their tiers. Tiers are also based on usage... so get a lot of people to use Charizard and maybe (I doubt it) Charizard will get into a higher tier.
    Well, maybe I can start my own league where using Stealth Rock is illegal, resulting in automatic disqualification. But categorizing Charizard is NU is libelous and and is a sin against God.
    Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice

These are the ingredients to make the perfect Eeveelutions. But then Professor Oak accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction: Chemical Y!

BOOM!

Thus the Powerpuff Eeveelutions were born! Using their ultra Pokémon abilities
    Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup have dedicated their lives to fighting crime and the forces of Team Rocket!

Well, maybe I can start my own league where using Stealth Rock is illegal, resulting in automatic disqualification. But categorizing Charizard is NU is libelous and and is a sin against God.
    this, my friend. is outrageously funny!
    ....yay!

I thought those Christian Soccer Moms were bad twords pokemon, lol now it's gone to the other extreme!
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by A Sig
    DOWN WITH SMOGON! THE MOST BIASED ANTI-CHARIZARD WEBSITE IN THE UNIVERSE! DOWN WITH THIS TIERS BS AS WELL! ALL CHARIZARD HATERS SHOULD SPEND A LIFETIME IN PRISON!
    Down with tiers? Do you realize what that would do? This isn't Smash Bros.. Pokemon tiers are there for a reason. Charizard has trouble now, true, but how hard would its life be if Kyogre, Palkia, Garchomp, Groudon, Arceus, and all the other Ubers were allowed to roam free?

Also...

Does your favorite pokemon hate Stealth Rock? Does it get massacred by floating pebbles? Well there's a new solution!

Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Down with tiers? Do you realize what that would do? This isn't Smash Bros.. Pokemon tiers are there for a reason. Charizard has trouble now, true, but how hard would its life be if Kyogre, Palkia, Garchomp, Groudon, Arceus, and all the other Ubers were allowed to roam free?

Also...

Does your favorite pokemon hate Stealth Rock? Does it get massacred by floating pebbles? Well there's a new solution!

Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

I LOL'ED real hard..
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.

I am going to replace my current signature with this! It deserves it!

EDIT: Never mind, it wouldn't take.

Also @Andros: So Charizard isn't as used as some Pokemon...why are you being such a zealot about it?
    Last edited by Ksi; 15th December 2009 at 10:49 PM.
    PBR Code:1634 4340 1580 Platinum FC: 3309 4310 0833
    So I think differently...Who cares?
    <-Yup, sounds about right to me...I think.

Pretty much everybody in this thread mocking Andros 1337 is an idiot because he´s obviously either a troll or a small child. Way to go guys. Way to go.
    You know it does

Quote Originally Posted by Aviano View Post
    Pretty much everybody in this thread mocking Andros 1337 is an idiot because he´s obviously either a troll or a small child. Way to go guys. Way to go.
    Says he who posted in said troll's thread.

*Leaves the thread*
    PBR Code:1634 4340 1580 Platinum FC: 3309 4310 0833
    So I think differently...Who cares?
    <-Yup, sounds about right to me...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviano View Post
    And if you said this out in public, you would probably get arrested.

These are the ingredients to make the perfect Eeveelutions. But then Professor Oak accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction: Chemical Y!

BOOM!

Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup have dedicated their lives to fighting crime and the forces of Team Rocket!

wow

just stop talking

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    wow

just stop talking
    Well, it's a free country, so I can have my own rules in my own league. Libel, along with slander and treason, is against the law, however.

BOOM!

Mods, close this thread. This thread is nothing but a Charizard bashing fest. Let God punish everyone who thinks Charizard is bad.
    This thread is nothing more than one person trying desperately to his assumption that his favourite pokémon is by far the best when there is a stack of evidence present that says otherwise. If you want people to respect your opinion, then you would do well to accept their advice when it is given and not be a pompous fool. And keep your religious views out of pokemon discussions, they are uncalled for and unnecessary.

And this is being closed because this is NOT A GAME DISCUSSION FORUM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123