Default BT Team

Dusknoir @ Choice Scarf
    Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
    -Trick
    -Memento
    -Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Sneak
    -Protect

TrickScarf. Wasn't sure if I should go with burning to reduntantly (after Memento) reduce attack, or if I should go for the little damage from Shadow Sneak. Finishes off with Memento. I was also thinking maybe there could be room for Pain Split? Possibly just get rid of Memento? I dunno...

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    Poison Heal
    176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpD
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed / Spore
    -Swords Dance
    -Mach Punch

Sets up Sub to ward off OHKOs and uses Toxic Orb/Poison Heal to keep health up. I am not sure what's more important: putting the foe to sleep or more healing with seed. Dances a few times then starts punching.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic

Standard Starmie; my only concern is survivability... Maybe a similarly built Lanturn for bulk?

I was also thinking if Dusknoir wasn't too great then Probopass could take his place:

Probopass @ Leftovers
    Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    Sturdy
    252 HP / 88 Spe / 56 Def / 56 SpD / 56 Atk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Explosion
    -Taunt
    Last edited by bknesal; 15th December 2009 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bknesal View Post

Dusknoir @ Choice Scarf
    Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
    -Trick
    -Memento
    -Spite
    -Protect

TrickScarf. Wasn't sure if I should go with burning to reduntantly (after Memento) reduce attack, or if I should go for the little damage from Shadow Sneak. Finishes off with Memento. I was also thinking maybe there could be room for Pain Split? Possibly just get rid of Memento? I dunno...

TrickScarf+Spite+Protect+Pressure ability=Epic Win. You'll be sending Breloom into a Pokemon that is locked into using Struggle and with Weakened stats. It's good to see someone else using a slow Pokemon for TrickScarf.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    Poison Heal
    176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpD
    -Substitute
    -Seed Bomb
    -Swords Dance
    -Mach Punch

Sets up Sub to ward off OHKOs and uses Toxic Orb/Poison Heal to keep health up. I am not sure what's more important: putting the foe to sleep or more healing with seed. Dances a few times then starts punching.

With the Combo you're using, neither is more important. What is, is getting coverage on the Ghost Types that take no damage from Mach Punch. Seed Bomb is a good choice, since it provides you with an additional set.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic

Standard Starmie; my only concern is survivability... Maybe a similarly built Lanturn for bulk?

If you're able to get him, Suicune is a better choice then both combined.

Suicune@Chesto Berry
    Bold
    Ev's:252Hp/252Def/4Sp.Def
    ~Pressure~
    -Calm Mind
    -Surf
    -HP Electric
    -Rest

HP Electric for the Flying types that ruin Breloom's day. If you're too lazy for that, run Shadow Ball for Psychics and Shedinja.

I was also thinking if Dusknoir wasn't too great then Probopass could take his place:

Probopass @ Leftovers
    Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    Sturdy
    252 HP / 88 Spe / 56 Def / 56 SpD / 56 Atk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Explosion
    -Taunt

Dusknoir is awesome. Keep him.
    Changes/comments/whatnot in bold.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

I figured with Dusknoir he'd either be faster than the oppenent's starter due to Scarf or he could take the hit anyways with his bulk.
    I'm certainly not too lazy to get the Suicune with HP Electric, I just have no idea how. I don't have HGSS, so wouldn't the only way for me to get a Suicune be to play through FRLG and just pray she has HP Electric? Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

By the way, I just noticed your team with TrickScarf Spiritomb. I was torn between Dusknoir and Spiritomb as a TrickScarf starter, but chose Dusknoir for his bulk. Funny coincidence
    Last edited by bknesal; 15th December 2009 at 11:18 PM.

Thumbs up

I figured with Dusknoir he'd either be faster than the oppenent's starter due to Scarf or he could take the hit anyways with his bulk.
    Yeah, but that's not the point of Spite. The point is that it'll make it damn near impossible for your opponent to KO Breloom, and it'll allow Breloom to OHKO more Pokemon b/c Struggle hurts the user. Not having to worry about your Sub breaking is a nice bonus, which allows for a near perfect setup.

I'm certainly not too lazy to get the Suicune with HP Electric, I just have no idea how. I don't have HGSS, so wouldn't the only way for me to get a Suicune be to play through FRLG and just pray she has HP Electric? Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Yeah, that's the only way without RNG, AR, or other cheating/hacking methods. Shadow Ball is still a good choice, it hits several Ghost types that could give Dusknoir trouble as well.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Yeah, but that's not the point of Spite. The point is that it'll make it damn near impossible for your opponent to KO Breloom, and it'll allow Breloom to OHKO more Pokemon b/c Struggle hurts the user. Not having to worry about your Sub breaking is a nice bonus, which allows for a near perfect setup.
    Sounds juicy. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Yeah, that's the only way without RNG, AR, or other cheating/hacking methods. Shadow Ball is still a good choice, it hits several Ghost types that could give Dusknoir trouble as well.
    Damn. One more thing, I have forgotten whether or not it is possible to affect the nature of the legendaries that invariably roam a region after getting the nationaldex. Is that one of the many values that are determined at the start of the game or can Synchronize be used?

Sounds juicy. I like it.

Damn. One more thing, I have forgotten whether or not it is possible to affect the nature of the legendaries that invariably roam a region after getting the nationaldex. Is that one of the many values that are determined at the start of the game or can Synchronize be used?
    Synchronize can still be used for roaming (legendary) pokemons, but if this is FRLG, Synchronize won't work on a legendary pokemon...

[img]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/img]
    Exploiting the AI Like Never Before.

Spoiler:- I HAVE CLAIMED...:

Quote Originally Posted by hOuOugIa View Post
    Synchronize can still be used for roaming (legendary) pokemons, but if this is FRLG, Synchronize won't work on a legendary pokemon...
    So is there any way I can make sure Suicune ends up Bold? Or is it going to be shear luck?