Thread: My Future Soulsilver Team

Default My Future Soulsilver Team

Please rate my future Soulsilver team. Not concerned about natures or other things just moves. This is what I'd like my team to be like around lv.70.

Please don't go hard on me. And just to let you know that I'm not a newbie at Pokemon or noob whatever you'll call it.
    Also at first I was going to use Lugia in the team but I decided not to but I'll still train it some.

Feraligatr (F)
    -Ice Beam/Ice Fang
    -Aqua Tail/Surf/Waterfall
    -???
    -???
    Note: My starter; may be my surfer, I use Surf a lot in my games.

Steelix (M)
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Thunder Fang
    -Stone Edge/Iron Head
    Note: I love the HGSS sprite; so I want to use it.

Pidgeot (F)
    -HP Ground
    -Tailwind
    -Mirror Move
    -Fly/Air Slash
    Note: Just want to try make this one unique to my other Pidgeots. Also may be my flyer, I use Fly a lot.

These last three may be different since it'll be awhile till I can get them. And I'm not sure if I can trade them.

Charizard (M)
    -HP Grass/Solar Beam
    -Heat Wave
    -Brick Break/Sunny Day
    -Aerial Ace
    Note: The Kanto starter that i'll choose.

Salamence (F)
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse
    -Rock Slide/Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    Note: One of my favorite Pokemon.

Sceptile (M)
    -Leaf Blade
    -Rock Slide
    -Swords Dance
    -Slam/False Swipe
    Note: The Hoenn starter that I'll choose. May be replaced with Heracross.
    Last edited by Giblie; 4th January 2010 at 9:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giblie View Post
    Please rate my future Soulsilver team. Not concerned about natures or other things just moves. This is what I'd like my team to be like around lv.70.

Please don't go hard on me. And just to let you know that I'm not a newbie at Pokemon or noob whatever you'll call it.
    Also at first I was going to use Lugia in the team but I decided not to but I'll still train it some.

Feraligatr (F)
    -Ice punch
    -Aqua Tail
    -HP Fire
    -swords dance
    Note: My starter; may be my surfer, I use Surf a lot in my games.

Steelix (M)
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Thunder Fang
    -stone edge/iron head
    Note: I love the HGSS sprite; so I want to use it.

Pidgeot (F)
    -HP Ground
    -Tailwind
    -Mirror Move
    -Fly/Air Slash
    Note: Just want to try make this one unique to my other Pidgeots. Also may be my flyer, I use Fly a lot.

Charizard (M)
    -dragon pulse
    -Heat Wave
    -focus blast
    -Air slash

Note: The Kanto starter that i'll choose.

Salamence (F)
    -Zen Headbutt/aerial ace/stone edge
    -Dragon Claw
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    Note: One of my favorite Pokemon.

Sceptile (M)
    -Leaf Blade
    -xscizzor/night slash/dragon claw
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake

thats if you decide to go with a physical set

Note: The Hoenn starter that I'll choose.
    you should also note that unless you trade, the last three pokemon arent obtainable until you pretty much beat the league, thats means you'll be going through the game with 3 pokemon
    Last edited by Devastator1; 30th December 2009 at 3:41 AM.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

For Steelix instead of slam use Explosion if used outside of the game, other than that you did your homework, great job.
    Please Click On Meh Dragon Eggs!! PLEASE!!

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I didn't take into account that I won't have the last three for awhile. But they can be replaced with three others of the same type till then.
    But not sure what will be a temperory replacement for Salamence though.

I will definately try and use Salamence and Sceptile's suggestions.

Pidgeot @Muscle Band/Choice Band
    Adamant

Brave Bird/Aerial Ace/Fly
    Return
    U-Turn
    Steel Wing

If you want a special Pidgeot, I have one in testing

Pidgeot @Choice Specs/Wise Glasses
    Modest

Air Slash
    Heat Wave
    HP [Ground]
    Hyper Beam

Feraligatr @Life Orb

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake

Charizard @Wise Glasses
    Modest

Flamethrower
    Focus Blast
    Dragon Pulse
    Air Slash

Sceptile @Choice Specs
    Modest

Leaf Storm
    Energy Ball
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast

Salamence @Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Hasty/Naive

Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw
    Fire Blast/Earthquake
    Draco Meteor

Steelix @Leftovers
    Sassy/Careful

Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball/Stone Edge
    Toxic/Explosion/Roar
    Earthquake

Thanks Bossk.

But there will be one thing. I won't be able to get 4 or something of my team Earthquake. Because you only get it once in the game. And I don't think there will be anyone to trade one. It is a valuable TM. I guess I shouldn't had used on Platinum yet. D:

Also Ferlaligatr shouldn't have HP Fire because it'll have an Ice attack for Grass Pokemon. I thought about it last night about to go to bed. What attack should replace it.

If you can't use Earthquake...try Dragon Claw? That's a good move with good coverage. Ice Punch already gets Dragons, but it's still good. Let me check his moves

EDIT: Crunch and Superpower are good

And this if for Feraligatr? Well thanks. I'll try some of these suggestions when I get the game and beat the E4 and Red.
    FUTURE ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Will be soft reseting for Shiny Treecko. Shiny Salamence will be from Y as a Bagon.
    Might even try getting a Shiny of the others with DexNav, Hordes, and Chain Fishing.

ADVENTURE STARTING DECEMBER 25TH.

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

i've noticed 3/6 members of your team are weak to rock types, maby you can change it?

But the other three are good against Rock-types.
    For Steelix, I'd swap Slam for Stealth Rock, and on Feraligatr I'd keep Surf instead of Slash.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I didn't take into account that I won't have the last three for awhile. But they can be replaced with three others of the same type till then.
    But not sure what will be a temperory replacement for Salamence though.

I will definately try and use Salamence and Sceptile's suggestions.
    I always revisit the threads i post to make sure no one challenges my views. and i read that comment and it make me think. if you cant trade and wont be going to the BF. what's the point of having salamence, charizard and sceptile? Why not just find 3 different pokemon and maybe edit your thread to include those. the 3 pokemon you replace them with wont be temporary if you plan to play just for league champion.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker987 View Post
    i've noticed 3/6 members of your team are weak to rock types, maby you can change it?
    I know but I always have counters for my weaknesses. K.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator1 View Post
    I always revisit the threads i post to make sure no one challenges my views. and i read that comment and it make me think. if you cant trade and wont be going to the BF. what's the point of having salamence, charizard and sceptile? Why not just find 3 different pokemon and maybe edit your thread to include those. the 3 pokemon you replace them with wont be temporary if you plan to play just for league champion.
    Yeah Maybe. I'll have to find suitable candidates. Maybe replace Salamence for Dragonite? Maybe replace Charizard with Houndoom, Ninetales, Arcanine, or any other Fire type? And Sceptile for a another Grass. But do you have a suggestion for replacement Grass Poke?

EDIT: Ok I found some possible Pokemon.
    In replacement of Charizard; Ninetales? I can get Vulpix.
    In replacement of Salamence; Ampharos? I can't think of any others. Or another Electric Pokemon before E4.
    In replacement of Sceptile; still no idea. I mainly need a suggestion for this one.
    Last edited by Giblie; 2nd January 2010 at 4:40 AM.

Will be soft reseting for Shiny Treecko. Shiny Salamence will be from Y as a Bagon.
    Might even try getting a Shiny of the others with DexNav, Hordes, and Chain Fishing.

I know but I always have counters for my weaknesses. K.

Yeah Maybe. I'll have to find suitable candidates. Maybe replace Salamence for Dragonite? Maybe replace Charizard with Houndoom, Ninetales, Arcanine, or any other Fire type? And Sceptile for a another Grass. But do you have a suggestion for replacement Grass Poke?
    Not a gras type but fighting type. heracross!!. most people go through the game without a grass type so it doesnt really matter but fighting type do have a lot of coverage,heracross covers charizard rock weakness, salamence ice weakness, feraligatrs grass weakness, and steelix is pretty much overed by the others. although heracross still got its back against ice, ground (maybe) and grass weakness, the only water psychic it really fears is starmie.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator1 View Post
    Not a gras type but fighting type. heracross!!. most people go through the game without a grass type so it doesnt really matter but fighting type do have a lot of coverage,heracross covers charizard rock weakness, salamence ice weakness, feraligatrs grass weakness, and steelix is pretty much overed by the others. although heracross still got its back against ice, ground (maybe) and grass weakness, the only water psychic it really fears is starmie.
    Hmm. Yeah that one may be good. I'll check out Heracross. I edited my post above a little while ago before you posted.

For Feraligatr:

Feraligatr @ Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature

Ice Fang
    Swords Dance
    Waterfall
    Earth Quake

This what my future SoulSilver starter, Feraligatr, will have and it seems very effective. Stick to Attack-based moves because that is what Feraligatr is awesome in. The best nature for it is Adamant but if you don't care about natures, that's fine too. Earth Quake deals with Electric types and is Physical. Ice Fang it learns in the teens as a Totodile which deals with Grass Types and is Physical. Waterfall is Physical and gets STAB as well. Swords Dance increases Physical moves. Swords Dance and Earth Quake are TMs, Waterfall is an HM and Ice Fang is move it learns via level up. I am using that moveset which fellow SPPfers her helped me with so I'd figure that I'd show you it. I'm not really too good with the other Pokémon on your future SoulSilver team. You can still have Surf but then after a while when you have a lot of stuff completed, you can put on Waterfall. Good luck!

Whew! My first team rate! (I think)

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I would keep surf bcuz itz an amazing move and some people give it a bad rap juz bcuz itz a hm.
    Recent Shiny
    Shinies Lost:2
    3ds Friend Code: 3024-6649-7407 PM me for Other Safaris!
    Safari Type:Psychic
    Espurr, Grumpig, Duosion

Surf is one of the best Water move in the game and is actually highly suggested for a lot of Water Pokemon....but NOT on Feraligatr.
    Surf is a Special move, and Gatr is a Physical-based Pokemon. Therefore, Waterfall is better than Surf on Gatr.

@Torpoleon
    That set is correct, except for Ice Fang, it should be Ice Punch instead.
    I understand though, that getting Ice Punch in HG/SS is harder than in Plat lol

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Trainer View Post
    Surf is one of the best Water move in the game and is actually highly suggested for a lot of Water Pokemon....but NOT on Feraligatr.
    Surf is a Special move, and Gatr is a Physical-based Pokemon. Therefore, Waterfall is better than Surf on Gatr.

@Torpoleon
    That set is correct, except for Ice Fang, it should be Ice Punch instead.
    I understand though, that getting Ice Punch in HG/SS is harder than in Plat lol
    The thing is that Feraligatr would be Giblie's starter(and mine) and Ice Punch is move that you learn via breeding, am I correct?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry I didn't reply earlier.
    Ok. Well I am still probably going to give my Feraligatr Surf because it use a lot more than Waterfall. If I need Waterfall I'll just give to another Pokemon.
    I am pretty sure I am going to give mine an Ice move to take out its Grass weakness.
    I'm not sure about the other moves. But my mind can always change about Surf though.

Any suggestions for a replacement for Charizard and Salamence?
    I have one for Sceptile. I'm going to use Heracross.