Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well to Make it Easier to Catch......

Question Well to Make it Easier to Catch......

Has anyone told you to press a button/buttons in a certain manner to make it easier to catch a Pokémon? Also, does it even work? Discuss!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

No, it doesn't work... It's just a legend. The only buttons you should press are the ones needed to throw the Pokéball in the first place.
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 23rd March 2010 at 12:14 AM.

it doesnt work....if you want to make it easy to catch, do a spore trapper set with smeargle

Yea, its just a rumor.
    I thought that was common sense.

Platinum FC: 4598 3975 9368
    Heart Gold FC: 4469 5410 4242
    Pearl FC: 0260 4812 0093

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." -Stephen Hawking.

It doesn't work, but it sure is tempting to do so, huh?

Or maybe that's just for me, since I grew up on that legend.
    Dress to impress.

There is no mechanical basis to support this. If you ever do hear anybody say it does work for them, it was probably the placebo effect.

It doesn't work, but plenty of people including me, do it. It's just a habit I picked up a few years ago, it makes me feel like I'll succeed in capturing the Pokemon. It's just to boost morale I guess? I've seen kids do it all the time because they think it'll make all the Balls work as Master Balls.

Just like everyone said, a legend... but it makes me feel better and have something to do while waiting for [insert pokemon here] to break out.
    SS FC - 3653 2813 7575

Battle Frontier Player
    Battle Hall Record - 124 Consecutive Battles -

PM me if you want tips or will be adding my FC to your Pal Pad!

You know, when I was little, I didnt press any buttons, but turned the game boy up side down and thought if I wouldnt look it'd work^^
    Now, I just throw the pokeball and dont do anything else...
    Soul Silver Team

Level: 14
    Bashful
    SAt 31, Spd 30

Currently:
    On route 32
    Last update: 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor_ View Post
    You know, when I was little, I didnt press any buttons, but turned the game boy up side down and thought if I wouldnt look it'd work^^
    Well that sounds...Interesting...

Anyway...Didn't one generation game...silver or Gold was it...Have the this kinda thing actually working?
    Only worked with great balls and you needed to press up + B when bal was flying and again when ball was on the ground.
    I remember doing this with one of the games I had, and it really did work.
    Or...Howelse you think I had legendary in the great ball with first try?

Meh...Can't remember what game it was...

You can't have a forum without Zinnie, eh?

Everyone knows pressing down + b doesn't work, the real trick is to press down b while the ball is flying and the original bouncing, slightly before the first wiggle, you change to left + b and hold untill the next wiggle where you change for up + b and lastly you press right + b.

It doesn't work and it never worked. But that doesn't stop me from smashing down on the A button every time I go to catch a Pokemon. I like to pretend it works. xD
    Name: Stephie
    FC Soul Silver: 5371 2682 6411
    FC Diamond: 0517 8712 4000

Doesn't work. But does that thing were you say Gotcha in the microphone true?
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/1zfl8k6.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor_
    Now, I just throw the pokeball and dont do anything else...
    I used to do that! I also used to turn the sound off and stop thinking about the game completely (or try, at least).
    It's kinda like quantum physics, where quarks behave differently if you observe them.
    Anyway, enough about random science. I have never done the thing with the buttons and I only heard about it recently.

And the thing where you say gotcha into the mike is rubbish too.

I have claimed Relcihav!
    Okay, I know it's not real, but that's not going to stop me.
    Relcihav was made by me; no stealing. Thanks to Pingouin7 for making it transparent.

Pokedex: Basically everything except thundurus, landorus and all the unreleased BW legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRy100 View Post
    I used to do that! I also used to turn the sound off and stop thinking about the game completely (or try, at least).
    LOL, I turned the music down too^^
    But only so I wouldnt hear the sounds of it breaking out, lol.
    Soul Silver Team

Level: 14
    Bashful
    SAt 31, Spd 30

Currently:
    On route 32
    Last update: 25th

I have a friend that believes if you shout Gotcha at the right time, it becomes easyer to catch a pokemon.

Well,I read somewhere thet pressing x above a pokemons and saying gotcha makes it easier to catch.i believed it at first,but now it isnt reslly helping me
    Boredom is boring

Quote Originally Posted by SamusTheHedgehog View Post
    I have a friend that believes if you shout Gotcha at the right time, it becomes easyer to catch a pokemon.
    I've heard that one too. You have to shout Gotcha into the Microphone when the pokeball hits the pokemon. But I don't think it works any more than the buttons. If anything, I think it's all psychological.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

it took me a very long time to stop doing this

Pressing b,b,a (as in pressing b twice and a over and over)... sometimes works for me with a Pokéball. It isn't fool proof though.

I usually (with rares especially) weaken them, try to put them to sleep, or put some other status effect on them. I basically weakened Raikou down to yellow and paralyzed him before catching him... after chasing him... I did the same to Entei, but the chase is still on there...
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I always hold down the A button right when the ball hits the Pokemon. Just a habit, I know it doesn't do anything. :P

Playing Soul Silver & Playing White

It doesn't work, but if it's like a little ritual there nothing wrong with that.

I usually just look away from the screen.

It's a complete hoax, but it does work via the placebo effect. You think that doing so will help you catch them, so it does. All in all, it's the game's engine and the Pokemon's individual capture rate that allows you to capture it. No amount of button-pressing or shouting "GOTCHA!" (Or something along those lines) will assist that. It just boosts your morale because peopel think it works. Don't be discouraged from doing it if you think it helps your morale, but it just doesn't do anything.

I've always been a Hold-B kind of person. If that didn't get any shakes, its tap-B. Makes me feel like I'm helping :P
    Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Halo Anniversary

I do the whole... 'b b a' button thing myself when I use Pokéballs. It isn't fool proof -- but it does work sometimes.

And there are times in the Safari Zone (no kidding) where I just throw a Safari Ball and press no buttons and it works.

As for Ultra balls -- I tend to press 'x and a' and that works sometimes too.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast