Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Claydol, Big And Tall (381)

But, why was the giant Claydol so destructive that it had to be sealed away forever? It didn't seem like it was evil or anything. And on another note, why were two giant stone Poke Balls made if only one was used? Obviously it provides some insurance but it still seems odd. What would happen if this other ball was destroyed? And why was the ball it was sealed in origianlly floating on the surface of the pond anyway?

Still, one of the craziest and funniest episodes ever. ^_^

This is one of the strangest episodes of all time. We've a got a giant Claydol, crossdressing, Pokemon, and said Giant Claydol falling for one of said crossdressing Pokemon. How they ever came up with this episode is beyond me.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    This is one of the strangest episodes of all time. We've a got a giant Claydol, crossdressing, Pokemon, and said Giant Claydol falling for one of said crossdressing Pokemon. How they ever came up with this episode is beyond me.
    I just hope they try and do this sort of thing a little more often myself. I like the weird, random sense of humour in the show, it really does make me laugh Strange is good if its pulled off correctly, and it seems the pokémon writers have got it under control when it comes to all-out wackiness ^.^

Yeah, they also didn't get hoaky. Except for the ancient Poke' Balls and over sized Claydol, this episode was reasonable on the realism. It was totally absurd but still had a sense of realism.

EDIT: It would have been funny if Ash, Brock, James, and the old fart made bets on who Claydol fell for.
    Last edited by The Big Al; 26th November 2004 at 8:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    But, why was the giant Claydol so destructive that it had to be sealed away forever? It didn't seem like it was evil or anything.
    We don't know. All we know for sure was that it was too dangerous to be allowed to run loose.

And on another note, why were two giant stone Poke Balls made if only one was used? Obviously it provides some insurance but it still seems odd. What would happen if this other ball was destroyed? And why was the ball it was sealed in origianlly floating on the surface of the pond anyway?
    The one on the mountain was the original. Long, long, long ago, the giant Claydol was sealed in it, but someone trying to use its power released it. Unable to get it back in, the wise man mentioned in the book somehow summoned the second one, which landed in the lake after resealing the Claydol.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Turns out TR had only done so so they could conveniently take away Claydol in the other Pokeball, but they got owned in the end.
    As predicted and as usual... there's always that 30 seconds little turn where Team Rocket become villains again and are quickly dispensed of.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

It's giant Claydol that knows, Hyper Beam, Psychic, and Ice Beam. Do you really want that thing in your neighborhood? So, of course it would have to be sealed away. If only they could have shrunken it down to normal size, then it wouldn't have been such a danger and could remain loose.

It's giant Claydol that knows, Hyper Beam, Psychic, and Ice Beam.
    ...And Rapid Spin, apparently.

Changing the subject entirely, what was that music when the giant Claydol first appeared? It sounded very familiar, but I don't think it's one of the ones that usually plays in the series.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Wierdo Guest

I didn't think he tried it other than with Snorlax (both of them, the one blocking some river in Kanto, and the one he did capture in the Orange Islands) and there were other times this could have worked, the ancient Pokemon of Grandpa canyon is a perfect example. But I digress
    From what I heard, this episode looks great. Can't wait a year or so till it is in the US.
    There was also the episode when Pidgeot evolved. He tried to catch that Fearow to stop its rampage, remember?

EDIT: Marsh Trainer! Woohoo! *Does the chicken dance*

Ash threw a POKEBALL at the Claydol? Shoot, that disproves my theory of him obtaining a Master Ball in the Barboach eppie, seeing as he would've used it then....

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

OMFG. May in a nurses outfit= BLATENT FANSERVICE. Look's like Pokemopolis was right after all. About May being one of the most blatent peices of fanservice, I mean.

But it's true. So FRIKKEN true. XD
    When I first heard of that, I thought it was for "fanservice" too, but after seeing the pics, it really is not that bad. There were much worse (or better depending on what way you look at it) nurse outfits they could have worn.
    Scrubs (My Cold Shower) JD's closing Monolouge: As I looked at all the relationships around me, Some that had gone on forever, (Cox and Jordan) Some that were reigniting, (Carla and Turk) And some that were had just begun, (Elliot and Keith) I realized something.

It should have been me. (In reference to Elliot while he is taking a cold shower.)
    YES, JElliot is coming back. Screw Elliot Keith, and all its backers.

Good point.

This episode is definitely the funniest in a long time. I can't wait for the dub either, in order to fully understand it. I've seen the Japanese version.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

ROFL.

It was really funny when Swellow tried to grab Wobbuffet, but only got its wig instead.

The facial expression on Swellow was priceless!

FISSURE Guest

Question, ok in the episode when claydol throws may and ash and co catch her she says something in japanese, does anyone know what she says?

Ditzy_Blonde Guest

Question: What is meant by the term "fan service"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ditzy_Blonde
    Fanservice... well, you could try looking it up in a search engine, but I suppose I could try to explain it here. Basically, fanservice is something that anime producers/animators/writers add in to... 'please' fans. Usually male fans, as the stuff added in is usually pantie shots, semi-naked characters, etc.

Ditzy_Blonde Guest

Okay, so that's why there was a sudden explosion of May fans after all those bikini scenes. Gotcha. Though, the Nurse Outift isn't all that daring. Her regular outfit is much more sexy than that.

This looks like a GREAT episode!!! Team Rocket and Team Twerp working together, it doesn't happen nearly enough. Plus, I love all the goofy disguises.

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    ROFL.

It was really funny when Swellow tried to grab Wobbuffet, but only got its wig instead.

The facial expression on Swellow was priceless!

This is really great, once again it proves how much better the writers are treating Swellow than Ash's previous birds. They never got a scene like this. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ditzy_Blonde
    Use your wildest immagination And don't post what you think
    Alfonso's version is good, but it would go a bit darker if you will.
    I know it was for comedy, but honestly, could Swellow pick up Wobbuffet even if he got a good grip. He is a weird shape, and pretty big compared to Swellow.
    Scrubs (My Cold Shower) JD's closing Monolouge: As I looked at all the relationships around me, Some that had gone on forever, (Cox and Jordan) Some that were reigniting, (Carla and Turk) And some that were had just begun, (Elliot and Keith) I realized something.

It should have been me. (In reference to Elliot while he is taking a cold shower.)
    YES, JElliot is coming back. Screw Elliot Keith, and all its backers.

I know it was for comedy, but honestly, could Swellow pick up Wobbuffet even if he got a good grip. He is a weird shape, and pretty big compared to Swellow.
    yeah, lol.

i'm pretty sure that if we checked in the pokedex, wobbuffet would be MUCH heavier than swellow. and its head is looks too smoothe to be grabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife
    Well Wobba has a blubbery body so the smooth rounded shape would be easier to grab then you think, though maybe a bit painful. ^_^

And don't underestimate the strength of the Flying pokemon in the anime. Back when it was a Taillow, it and that Wingull Peeko were able to carry May AND Max, though it was pretty hard. I bet it could carry Wobbuffet now, just as some real birds (eagles, osprey) are known to carry animals that weigh even more than they do.

EDIT: It would have been funny if Ash, Brock, James, and the old fart made bets on who Claydol fell for.
    Or even better.
    They dress up as girls as well XD!
    Now that would've been priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    [img135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/frednmethod/AG104.bmp[/img135]
    My lord, that expression just screams ;"WTF?!" XD

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Changing the subject entirely, what was that music when the giant Claydol first appeared? It sounded very familiar, but I don't think it's one of the ones that usually plays in the series.
    You mean the music right when Claydol comes out of the lake? It has been played a few times before. The only time I can remember at the moment is during "March of the Exeggutor Squad" when Ash & co arrive back at the carnival and everything is destroyed.
    Last edited by Heracross; 20th December 2004 at 9:36 PM.
    ~

Talking claydol

here is some dub title ideas for this ep

-playing with a claydol- (pun on the words playing with a doll)
    -digging for claydol- (pun on the words digging for clay)

anyway this ep looks so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast