Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gible! Get It! (625)

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    It's not.

In Japan, they call it きりさく (Kirisaku)

EDIT: LOL Mudkip43 beat me to it.
    Yeah and as I said in the move catalog thread, I heard "Iwakudaki" or something near it which is rock smash. Then again I didn't hear it in the best sound quality.

However it didn't sound anything like "Kirisaku" when Ash ordered it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Yeah. Pikachu vs Lucario.

Notice in the background of the Infernape image how there is stands? This could either be at a Gym Battle(99% Sunnyshore) or the League. Now seeing as the League stadium would be packed, I'm gonna go with the gym, meaning we will soon either have Ash's Infernape or we will see Flint's.

Anyone else amazed at how natural Gible looks hanging onto ash's head with its teeth?
    BLAH

A couple of things:

1. I like that Gible starts eating TR machines but you know TR are going to "eat-proof" their machines somehow (which should be funny).

2. I am a little surprised that Ash is getting an InfernoApe. I thought that if any of Ash's pokemon would evolve it would be Buziel. I guess is time for the InfernoApe threads <Sigh>.

3. Someone mentioned that steel types are better than dragon types. While probably in the games that is correct, the anime always seemed to hype up dragon types.
    Last edited by OrangeJumpsuit1; 24th December 2009 at 3:01 PM.

Wow. I wonder who that is?

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    btw, Pikachu battling Lucario is probably just part of a battling montage similar to the one from Spurt! or Ready Go! ( especially Ready Go!) or the scene from Challenger where Pikachu and Combusken battled Guardevoir and...some other Pok&#233;mon.
    That would be Gardevoir and Hariyama, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyspud
    Notice in the background of the Infernape image how there is stands? This could either be at a Gym Battle(99&#37; Sunnyshore) or the League. Now seeing as the League stadium would be packed, I'm gonna go with the gym, meaning we will soon either have Ash's Infernape or we will see Flint's.
    I'm afraid those empty stands are the same generic empty stands that they've used for ANY of the openings. It's simply meant to portray a place of battle (in this case, a stadium) for Ash's Pokemon to go up against other Pokemon.

I still need to watch the episode myself, so comments on that later.

As far as Dragon-type superiority, it stems from all sorts of things if you think about it. Stuff like the legends surrounding them, the rarity they've carried since the days of RBY, their weird type match-ups.... I mean, it could honestly be a good number of reasons. I doubt we'll find out. Personally, I am not into the whole fanclub of Dragon-types being extrodinary for the sake of being extrodinary.

As a quick aside, I humbly suggest we keep any Infernape speculation to a bare minimum.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyspud View Post
    Notice in the background of the Infernape image how there is stands? This could either be at a Gym Battle(99% Sunnyshore) or the League. Now seeing as the League stadium would be packed, I'm gonna go with the gym, meaning we will soon either have Ash's Infernape or we will see Flint's.
    I will go with Flint's Infernape. IMO they are going to save the moment of Monferno evolving for the league.

and this was one funny episode...they really are doing the whole Giovanni thing more unreasonable in every episode haa...?
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

How much of the new opening was shown. Another thing I read thru the posts quickly what move does gible know brick break or slash. I really hope it's slash then it learns brick break while it's with him. I personally think that inferape is ashes due to the fact when there is a an empty staidum who's pokemon do with normally see battling..... Ash verus someone. Can someone post the other pics of whatever was shown of the opening
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    That would be Gardevoir and Hariyama, my friend.

Ah, Gardevoir...I should have picked French instead of Latin 10 years ago...what a strange language.

I don´t know how I could forget Hariyama, especially with Cyber´s Makuhita avatar around. I wonder when he´ll trun into a Hariyama, I need more jingles!

Another fun moment of today´s episode was Jun crashing into Satoshi with his bike. Why wear helmets and other protection when you can demand redemption anytime you accidently hit someone? Having a famous father helps a lot these days.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Everyone, this thread is for discussing the actual episode itself. If you want to discuss the new opening, please do so here.

For the record, Japanese openings do not use footage from actual episodes, so don't think that the stands in the Infernape shot mean a thing.

Glad they finally threw Barry a bone after getting defeated by Ash a few times before, and then undoubtedly the league. An understandable loss given the extremes of training of each Pokemon n(a bunch to none at all), though.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Okay, by far, THE funniest part of this episode, bar none, was the Draco Meteor-slapped-into-Piplup segment. Not the Team Rocket antics, not Ash jumping like a moron, not Barry getting snacked on by Gible.

Nope, I don't want to hear your arguments, because as of this point they are rendered INVALID. Piplup hiding behind a tree out of fear from Draco Meteor and then getting viciously SMACKED by it for good measure is now the highlight of the episode.

In fact, someone please get a nice, juicy screenshot.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

So has Gible mastered Draco Meteor yet?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Well I must say this episode was quite amusing.

-Barry hits a pedestrian (Ash) with his bike. Barry is NOT safe to be behind the wheel of any mode of transportation.
    -Gible showing no respect for any kind of authority as he is shown to bite Ash's head numerous times, Barry's head, Barry's hand, and my personal favorite, biting down on Officer Jenny's head.
    -Gible vs. Barry's bike. Gible wins. LOL
    -Ash catches the Giblet
    -Nice to see Barry winning a battle with Ash.
    This episode was hilarious throughout! Among those:

-Piplup running away when Gible was preparing draco meteor.
    -The face of Piplup whenever he thinks he's safe.
    -Empoleon knocking the draco meteor right towards Piplup behind the tree!

So Barry does have 6 badges! i thought after all this time he would be tied with Ash!

Finally Ash catches a Dragon Type ^_^ omg the next episode seems boring but the new opening looks awesome.

This was an amazing episode. Piplup should have just stayed next to Dawn in that battle. At least she didn't go all "piplup no!!!!" this time. I knew Ash was gonna lose that battle but Gible did ok for its 1st battle with Ash. I thought the flashback of that 6 on 6 battle would be shown in this episode. Idk how Ash can hold Gible with all that iron in its body. Another bike destroyed yet again but not by Pikachu this time. Ash successfully jumped over that bridge o_O.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Okay, by far, THE funniest part of this episode, bar none, was the Draco Meteor-slapped-into-Piplup segment. Not the Team Rocket antics, not Ash jumping like a moron, not Barry getting snacked on by Gible.

Nope, I don't want to hear your arguments, because as of this point they are rendered INVALID. Piplup hiding behind a tree out of fear from Draco Meteor and then getting viciously SMACKED by it for good measure is now the highlight of the episode.

This. 100% of the way. God I started laughing the second Pochama started freaking out.

Overall it was a good episode, although I feel some of Gible's initial charm died away (i.e, his dimwittedness). The only time he was a complete dunce was at the beginning, when Team Rocket appeared to want him to move, and he just stood there. Those dots better come with the Gible, otherwise I might be a little disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Episode was awesome. Gible has really grown on me. It was nice to see the way Gible was caught, since we haven't had a capture with a POKEBALL, literally in forever.

It was a 10/10 for me, I hope you all enjoy your Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyspud View Post
    Yeah, it's not like we're having any contest episodes anytime soon.
    It most likely belongs to someone in the next contest, the way I'm guessing.

Gible is still very funny; he's going to eat Ash and friends out of house and home (literally) before long.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

What is the ''#1'' paper Jun had and was eaten by Gible?

this episode was as awsome as last weeks and to make things sweeter.

GIBLE KNOWS A ACTUALL GROUND ATTACK!! Thank the lord, not to mention it's other moves work with it's typing well, which makes it better than Gliscor already, it's attitude and moveset are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    which makes it better than Gliscor already, it's attitude and moveset are superior.
    couldn't be more wrong about that but regardless i like gible alot so it's all good.

The episode was really funny got agree that piplup being afraid of draco meteor is the funniest thing i saw happen. but i missed gible eating barry's bike which sounds like a close second. also it's just like ash to jump a huge fricken canyon when there's a bridge only about fifty yards away. (though if he had tried the bridge i bet team rocket would of blown it up before he got across so i guess the jump was pretty smart after all.)

For those who have missed it, Fukamaru likes to lick too.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Yeah and as I said in the move catalog thread, I heard "Iwakudaki" or something near it which is rock smash. Then again I didn't hear it in the best sound quality.
    If that really is what it sounded like, then it is Rock Smash.
    Last edited by pK'; 25th December 2009 at 9:36 AM.

As a reminder, since I just cleared out some people talking about watching the episode online: Don't ask for, or request, ways to view the episode on Youtube/whatever streaming site you use. That includes direct linking *and* giving very obvious directions to find the episodes on Youtube.

-Team Rocket ALREADY?
    -Gible already!
    -Gible's still comedy gold, in case you were wondering.
    -Gible is simply ecstatic to see Ash.
    -Gible(how many of these things are going to start with "Gible"? Just you wait and see!) eating metal crap is going to be a running gag, isn't it?
    -Gible attacked an officer of the law. That's going to go over well!
    -Gible Totodile statue in the park? I see they're still advertising HGSS when they can.
    -Gible runs away and everyone chases after it when suddenly Jun crashes into Ash! Poor boy can't catch a break this ep, can he?
    -And Ash completely forgets about Gible as Jun goes off on a rant(aka "being Jun").
    -Jun got a 1 in something or other. Good job boy, here's a gold star!
    -Gible ate Jun's bike while everyone was distracted with his whatever he was talking about. Jun is not pleased.
    -Crazy Meowth Fantasy of the Day rating:4/5. Good animation and concept, but it could use more disturbing innuendo.
    -Jun don't give no **** that Ash was going to catch that Gible. And that really doesn't matter, since it's still wild!
    -Team Gible's blasting off agaaaaaiiin!
    -And now Gible's hanging from a tree branch jutting out of a cliff. Good job, Jun.
    -Ash goes to save Gible, but...falls off the cliff! Didn't he learn his lesson about that LAST episode?
    -Ash lands safely. Boo!
    -Team Rocket catches Gible in an unconventional way(it's not STEALING if nobody actually owns the thing yet!) using the mecha from the start of the ep...only with some parts of it made from a metal too hard for Gible to eat!
    -Ash gives chase...and trips. Did he accidently walk over a cursed grave or something before this episode started?
    -Oh, that butt-ugly mecha is supposed to be a Blastoise. Somehow.
    -Ash heroically jumps over a canyon to avoid making a detour to the bridge! ...and falls to his death. Again.
    -Seriously man, at that rate you may as well have went for the bridge. It would have taken just as long and you wouldn't have been at risk of death.
    -Of course, TR politely waited for Ash to finish climbing up the cliff. TR wouldn't be TR if they ran away when it made sense to!
    -Ash and Pikachu get captured! Meanwhile, Brock and Dawn do the sensible thing and decide to use the bridge to get across the canyon.
    -Ash realizes that Gible is part ground type and has Pikachu shock the hell out of the mecha! You'd think that TR would electricity-proof these things as a matter of course.
    -For such a blatently forshadowed capture, the animators sure put a lot of effort into making fancy backgrounds for it!
    -Then Jun remembers that he's in this episode.
    -If Jun got any angrier this episode, he'd turn into a swarm of Beedrill.
    -Ash decides to have his freshly caught landshark battle a metal penguin that Jun's been training since day 1. This will go well.
    -No matter how subtly you try to do it, flipping someone the bird is just RUDE, Jun.
    -Seeing Piplup run away in sheer terror the moment Gible starts charging up Draco Meteor is priceless.
    -Then Empoleon knocks the failed Draco Meteor towards Piplup anyway.
    -Haha, Gible is feeling crushing depression at its uselessness in battle!

Excellent episode, and on its own merits too(unlike last ep, which was hilarious but only because Gible was hilarious). Well, they did kinda forget about Officer Jenny after Jun showed up, but I guess the explaination for that would be "Oh, she just never caught up to AshnCo after they all started running after Team Rocket."
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Finaly Barry defeated Ash, great. The opening seems amazing, especially with Paul.
    A pokemon ash recently obtained really doesn't count imo even if its strong.

The World God Only knows

I AM IN LOVE with that gible lol

he's hillarious......there should be one under every tree this christmas lol

I was worried that gible would beat empoleon but he got slaughtered so fair dues....gible/gabite will be the one to defeat barry in the league no doubt

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast