Thread: Best pokemon to use for each type?

Default Best pokemon to use for each type?

Well, I thought that this would be a nice place to share tips and experiences as to which pokemon of a particular type you like using and why. Is it because of a certain move, or a particular IQ? Like for instance I never knew that cyndaquil learned lava plume *facepalm XD* because I've never raised one before. Or, say...

..your going along, beating all the dungeons you come across until, uh-oh, you need a pokemon type from chimecho that you havn't raised, and the silly thing keeps running off and does not know non-traitor. So before you stuff it with your precious gummi's that have been collecting dust in your storage, you have to decide, who would be the best choice? Got 10 water types to choose from? Need a poison type for a dungeon and have never used a poison type before? Share what you have discovered (even if its well known or not, someone *like me * may not know it or realize it yet).

Type: Fire
    Pokemon: Charizard
    Reason: The move heat wave, hits all targets in the room, a real life saver in my PMD

Type: Fire
    Pokemon: Chimchar
    Reason: In PMD2 the move slack off restores HP, almost like a recover. I didn't realize that until it learned it (after all, the moves in PMD are different than how they are in the games)

Type: Water
    Pokemon: Chinchou
    Reason: Take it in a water dungeon and KO everything in sight with thunderbolt and discharge (hits all opponents in the room-->very useful for KO'ing politoed's before they use perish song)
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 29th December 2009 at 7:54 PM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Type: Electric
    Pokemon: Raichu
    Reason: Thunderbolt hits all enemies in the immediate area. Very useful in monster houses.

Type: Water/Steel
    Pokemon: Empoleon
    reason: It's pwnsome thanks to poison immunity and sandstorm immunity.
    I figure at least 95% of people hate Bidoof's mission, where as the remaining 5% love it. If you are one of the 95%, paste this in your sig.

KILL BIDOOF! KILL BIDOOF! (started by Kitty Aruseus)

I figure at least 90% of all Serebii members actually use the help thread in ANY way when they have a problem. The remaining 10% create pointless threads with questions already answered in the help thread or, in the case of PMD, create pointless threads about them needing a rescue when there are RESCUE threads in that forum. If you are one of the 90% who don't create pointless threads, copy and paste this in your sig. (Started by Kitty Aruseus)

DR. OCTAGONAPUS!! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I've found Azelf is a pretty good Psychic Pokemon. It has learns good IQ Skills and can patch up any offensive holes you might have. Plus, it's pretty easy to recruit.
    100% chance after defeating dialga dude, just bring a pokemon that knows a dark type move to kill it xD

on topic -

Camerupt is a good ground pokemon, room affecting magnitude at level one and later on it learns room affecting earth power (i fucking hate this move in dark crater/giant volcano)

togekiss is a good flying type, knowing sky attack, aura sphere, (edit - air slash, and extremespeed) at level 1
    Last edited by talala; 22nd January 2010 at 6:06 PM.

a person@ Neat, like what kind of IQ skills?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

I've found Azelf is a pretty good Psychic Pokemon. It has learns good IQ Skills and can patch up any offensive holes you might have. Plus, it's pretty easy to recruit. It also never hurts to have float terrain ability, and it comes at a fairly high level for when you should be recruiting it.

Pokemon: Raichu
    Reason: Thunderbolt hits all enemies in the immediate area. Very useful in monster houses.
    Name one Electric type Pokemon incapable of learning Thunderbolt.

Yeah.

a person@ Neat, like what kind of IQ skills?
    Like these.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Name one Electric type Pokemon incapable of learning Thunderbolt.
    Aww, come on, this is supposed to be information sharing friendly How about asking them why they like using raichu as the thunderbolt carrier?

Type: Water/Dragon
    Pokemon: Palkia
    Reason: How can we forget the only Pokemon to learn Absolute Mover(Super Mobile) in the whole game?(PMD2) It also learns Stair Sensor and Map Surveyor as well so you can sweep through floors easily. Water/Dragon STAB is awesome too. Dialga is good too but imo, Palkia is better.

Type:Fire
    PKMN:Cyndaquil
    Reason:Before you complete the game smokescreen can really help with the tough bosses making them have almost no accuracy.Lava plume/blast burn can hit all pokemon within a 1-tile radius.Unfortunatly no good room hitting move.

Type:Electric
    PKMN:Raichu
    Reason: Discharge for the room,thunderbolt for when surrounded and thunder for tough enemies.Unfortunatly no good non-electric moves besides slam.

Type:Ghost
    PKMN:Spiritomb
    Reason:No weakness,ominous wind for the room,shadow ball for straight line,hypnosis for stopping enemies and dream eater for healing.

Type: Dark
    PKMN: Darkrai
    Reason:Nightmare to put enemies to sleep and inflict damage,bad dreams to damage sleeping enemies further and dark pulse/night shade when surronded.

do you need rescuing?then PM me and my team will help you

Click on us please or else we'll die

Skull-Kid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Typeark
    Pokemonarkrai
    Reason: It has Dark Void + Bad Dreams plsu it can naturally go through walls and it is in the second best IQ group. On top of that it has a great move pool.

Type:Water/Dragon
    Pokemon:Palkia
    Reason: It is the only Pokemon to learn Spacial Rend and get the items in the walls thanks to its unique IQ ability, Abosloute Mover.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull-Kid View Post
    Typeark
    Pokemonarkrai
    Reason: It has Dark Void + Bad Dreams plsu it can naturally go through walls and it is in the second best IQ group. On top of that it has a great move pool.

Type:Water/Dragon
    Pokemon:Palkia
    Reason: It is the only Pokemon to learn Spacial Rend and get the items in the walls thanks to its unique IQ ability, Abosloute Mover.
    I agree completely. Darkrai and Palkia Rock. Sadly I haven't recruited Darkrai in Sky yet.
    99% of players whine about bad luck like prepubescent school girls. If you're one of those 99%, who just love to BlTCH, put this in your signature.

I am looking for a shiny adamant good IVs Beldum. I will trade multiple legendaries and/or shinies for it.

Spoiler:- Friendcodes:

Raichu.

Reasons: Discharge, Quick Attack, Agility, and Thunderbolt
    Legit Event Pokemon:

i find charizard the best fire pkmn ever .
    smokescreen for bosses, and heat wave for monster houses.
    paired with sky sphere and flame bangle it can only be hurt by its 4x weakness to rock .

You can keep your tiers. I find Shinx/Luxio/Luxray and Vulpix/Ninetales to be the best combination ever.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVK12 View Post
    Type:Ghost
    PKMN:Spiritomb
    Reason:No weakness,ominous wind for the room,shadow ball for straight line,hypnosis for stopping enemies and dream eater for healing.
    I never raised that pokemon in any of the games, those look like pretty good moves

Quote Originally Posted by Da_impos View Post
    paired with sky sphere and flame bangle it can only be hurt by its 4x weakness to rock .
    Ooh, I like using charizard (was my hero pokemon in Time). What do those items do?
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 27th January 2010 at 3:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    Ooh, I like using charizard (was my hero pokemon in Time). What do those items do?
    well, sky sphere makes electric attacks do nothing,
    and flame bangle turns water into HP