Thread: Did anybody feel like HG/SS was more immersive than previous/newer titles?

Default Did anybody feel like HG/SS was more immersive than previous/newer titles?

I don't know if it was just me, or one of the aspects of the game but HG/SS felt much more immersive than most of the other games I'd played. However, I did also make it very far in that game and I'm not too far into 5th gen yet.
    Just wondering if anybody else shared that feeling about HG/SS?
    I need a new signature :V

Not sure how you mean with "Immersive" (never heard that word before), I assume you mean that the games kept you hooked and made you want to play them for a long time (that's the meaning I could find for the word). If that's not what you meant, then I will apologize for misunderstanding you and my post will also be completely useless.

Either way, if I have understood you correctly, I did not feel the same way. For me, HG/SS failed in a lot of aspects to keep me playing them which made me find them less interesting compared to previous and subequent games in the series. The bad level differences, nonexistant training possibillities, annoying Pokemon following me all the damn time, and lack of motivation to do things after I was done with Kanto as well as many other things made me lose most of my interest in these games.
    However, I can agree that the games kept me hooked during the storyline, I played both of them all the way up until I had beaten the sixteenth gym. Though this is nothing unique for them as all Pokemon games have kept me playing them until I have beaten all the gyms and a big part of the post-game, I have also played the other games for much longer than I did with HG/SS. So, I do not share your feeling of them being more immersive than the other games.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 24th July 2013 at 12:06 AM.

I feel like they could add HG/SS like stuff to other games. Like maybe attaching Unova to Kalos, optional pokemon to follow you. Etc.

Shines I own/owned: Drifblim, Golurk, Bannette

Help me hatch my above eggs! ^

The games really did pull me in when I was about to lose faith in the franchise. I loved the graphics and the updated music, as well as the walking Pokemon feature. I think that should have been kept in the newer games because it was so much fun wandering around the overworld with a Pokemon following you. Anyway, HG/SS were the last truly great Pokemon games in my humble opinion.

To this day im still wondering why they took out permanent running.

Well i have to say these were my favorite pokemon games thus far for a couple reasons.

1. They were remakes of johto which is my favorite region
    2. Johto had my favorite sound tracks out of any game so having them remade and refined was wonderful
    3. Pokemon followed you which was something i always dreamed of doing
    4. Permanent running
    5. In my opinion HG/SS had the best use of the bottom screen for the ds
    6. Pokemon sprites were made for every single pokemon and were more detailed than previous games so it made the world more believable in certain aspects,i.e:when pokemon are left at the daycare they show the sprites of the pokemon you dropped off

Now i do have one main complaint and that is the fact that Lyra replaces Kris which really makes me mad since Kris is my favorite female protagonist.
    So after 1134 magikarps hatched finally got a shiny magikarp!

Now to start working on getting a shiny swablu!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    To this day im still wondering why they took out permanent running.
    This. I basically kept it on the entire time. Extremely convenient.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

HGSS was great but I never used permanent running for some reason. I think it's just me but I can't play a Pokemon game without pressing the 'B' button.