Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Yes, just make sure you have two pokemon or so then you can trade at the first center.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

No cant say that I'm angry or confused...
    R.I.P. Max 8/8/1996 - 12/31/2008
    I love you, I miss you.

I kind of wish you could have been able to put more than one pokemon on the pokewalker at one time. I wish the pokemon events where you can get special pokemon were regulated online instead of being held in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiomi No Kaze View Post
    I kind of wish you could have been able to put more than one pokemon on the pokewalker at one time. I wish the pokemon events where you can get special pokemon were regulated online instead of being held in NY.
    The problem with it online is the lack of security out there. I think it's fine how it is being in Gamestop.

Thanks to myself for the signature!

If anyone wants advice on a pokemon team, send me a PM!

security? why would downloading a event on wifi need security? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    security? why would downloading a event on wifi need security? o.o
    what this guy said. Would downloading through the internet need security?

Its not like someone would like to hack your game and steal your pokemon...>.>

it would certainly make it easier to obtain events

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_grass View Post
    it would certainly make it easier to obtain events
    You mean the events that are now more or less split 60/40 between being held at retail chains that have thousands of locations nationwide and being given away over Wi-Fi, available to everyone with a DS and a wireless router/USB dongle or access to public Wi-Fi?

They cannot feasiblly make it any easier than it is now. If people really find that neither of the above options are suitable for them, then it really is just too bad. The point of the events is to make them accessible to as many people as possible, which they do. If that doesn't necessarily include every single individual in America, then so be it.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You mean the events that are now more or less split 60/40 between being held at retail chains that have thousands of locations nationwide and being given away over Wi-Fi, available to everyone with a DS and a wireless router/USB dongle or access to public Wi-Fi?

They cannot feasiblly make it any easier than it is now. If people really find that neither of the above options are suitable for them, then it really is just too bad. The point of the events is to make them accessible to as many people as possible, which they do. If that doesn't necessarily include every single individual in America, then so be it.
    true but what about other countries or people who live in remote area's like in the middle of the Australian desert who dont have a toys r us or gamestop/eb games in every second town

Always up for a BATTLE

Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_grass View Post
    true but what about other countries or people who live in remote area's like in the middle of the Australian desert who dont have a toys r us or gamestop/eb games in every second town
    As I said, their priority is not "everyone," because that's simply not possible. Their priority is "as many people as is realistically possible," which they do.

They choose retail locations - Toys 'R Us locations, which are usually large, standalone stores and GameStop locations, which are usually found in or very near malls or shopping centers - because business logic suggests, and accurately so, that these locations are in major population centers, and within reasonable travel distance of other major population centers. They are 100% accurate in thinking this, because it's true: I would bet more than half of the American population resides within reasonable travel distance, which we'll call no more than 20 miles for the sake of argument, of one of those locations. And that is reasonably as close enough as you can do. Department stores like Target and Wal-Mart aren't feasible places to hold the events, limiting them to Toys 'R Us on most occasions and GameStop every so often. And in holding events at those locations, Nintendo's PR department has done their job, which is put the events within reasonable travel distance of a fair majority of their constituency.

Other countries are their own beasts entirely and it's up to the regional Nintendo companies in those countries to do the best they can as well. And for those people who really, really can't get to a store, Wi-Fi events are held on occasion as well, meaning all you need is an Internet connection, a Wi-Fi device of your choosing and a DS.

Crass as it may sound, their priority is not specifically "people who live in remote area's like in the middle of the Australian desert who dont have a toys r us or gamestop/eb games in every second town." Their priority is to make the events available to as many people as they reasonably can, which means putting the events as close to major population centers as they can, where the largest numbers of people reside.

If someone "in remote area's like in the middle of the Australian desert who dont have a toys r us or gamestop/eb games in every second town" finds that getting to an event simply isn't geographically feasible and the Wi-Fi events are equally unfeasible, then the best thing I can tell them is that life isn't fair, and if Pokémon is the only time that truth manifests itself in your life, if the only thing you are denied as a result of that truth is a small packet of mathematical and visual data in a video game that does nothing but respond to basic user commands, then consider yourself luckier than most of the people on this planet.

-----
    Words to|live by

fair enough you make a good point. they do get to as many people as possible which is fair enough and the trade forum on here help the people who cant get to the events

Always up for a BATTLE

Why won't they just do the event on the Wi-Fi a week after the games come out?

Wouldn't that be much simplier, some people don't have the time to drive up to a store just to get a pokemon, nintendo should make it easier for people and do it on a Wi-Fi some times.

Didn't we just get through discussing this?

If the terrestrial option is there for you, it's not their problem if you "don't have the time." If it's that important, make the time, and if not, your life will go on without it.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well in truth, releasing a pokemon over WI-FI and in the Store at the same time would allow more people to get the said poke, instead of just using the store or just using WI-FI.

You can't entice the kiddies into buying lots of Pokémon merchandise over Wi-Fi, now can you?

-----
    Words to|live by

i dont hate anything really except i wish they would make the ability to have a pokemon follow u a on/off thing. Wish they would make pokemon that everyone likes obtainable in both versions not just on one, referring to growlithe being HG only and i want SS but i guess it encourages GTS/friend trading
    Next Soul Silver Team:

You can't entice the kiddies into buying lots of Pokémon merchandise over Wi-Fi, now can you?
    I don't see anything bad about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Warshadow View Post
    I don't see anything bad about it....
    They only do these events to make money since the parents will buy them things so it's a win win and when is the last time you can buys things for a wifi event?
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

If your talking about the GAME event then yeah, but kids buying other stuff over Wi-Fi i dont see anything bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Warshadow View Post
    If your talking about the GAME event then yeah, but kids buying other stuff over Wi-Fi i dont see anything bad.
    I fear perhaps you've missed the point entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tf5174 View Post
    They only do these events to make money since the parents will buy them things so it's a win win and when is the last time you can buys things for a wifi event?
    He got it, though. The point was that a Wi-Fi event doesn't involve children dragging their credit card-armed parents to a retail location that just happens to be chock full of other Pokémon merchandise, readily available for purchase. In-store events are a vehicle to get people to buy more stuff, something not even in the picture where Wi-Fi events are concerned. Remember, it's all about sales figures, and Wi-Fi events do absolutely nothing for those numbers at the end of the day.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 27th February 2010 at 12:05 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

My fault BCVM22.

No, you understood what I was getting at. The other guy missed it.

-----
    Words to|live by

I fear perhaps you've missed the point entirely.
    perhaps I did, perhaps I didn't all I know is what if kids buy stuff from the internet, its not our business, its there besides its going to mess up their life somehow let it be.

Thats good i was checking because i wasn't to sure.

And not everyone has Wi-fi, either.

But everyone can go down to gamestop or anywhere else. :P
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast